Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i love winnie pooh bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

the flashbacks in Arrow suck

they were good for the first two seasons.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

kids usually have a curfew they're expected to be home by, especially if they're girls or come from strict families, but unlike america even middle school kids can just wander around after school with little more than a 'hey i'll be home late/ill be eating dinner out' call home.

Though I've read some mangs where schools have policies that require kids to go straight home after school and not to have part-time jobs and such.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

Though I've read some mangs where schools have policies that require kids to go straight home after school and not to have part-time jobs and such.
dont call me an expert but im p. sure the part-time job rule is fairly common, probably to make sure kids are focused on their studies?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

It doesn't really seem like that kind of story but I hope they get back together eventually

I believe

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

This teacher is incredibly thirsty

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Droyer posted:

I thought you went to bed?!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

"Up and Down" & "Helter-Skelter" by Nishi Uko also have a single mom.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

littleorv posted:

I thought you went to bed?!

sometimes i say that because i'm too tired to keep up with the conversation, and keep spinning my wheel with other stuff for a while afterwards

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I don't know what it is, but I really like the school uniform battle theme in Zesty. There's just something about it that's really cute and appealing.

Oh, and I still manage a 1-1 for Arthurian mythology references. Ladylake is obviously Lady of the Lake, Round Table Chamber is an obvious reference, Sacred Blade is Excalibur, Pendrago is Pendragon, Galahad is also obvious, Tintagel is Arthur's birthplace, Malory is this dude, and there might be some others I'm forgetting in the game but I'd know. I'm still waiting for Cornwall, Glastonbury, and / or Camelot to make appearances.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Motto posted:

"Up and Down" & "Helter-Skelter" by Nishi Uko also have a single mom.

I really like Nishi Uko's art style.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Droyer posted:

It's the best one of the set of Yuri Cabaret Ladies, imo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

I really like Nishi Uko's art style.

Her stuff stands out just for being more on the realistic rather than cutesy side

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Red Minjo posted:

It's the best one of the set of Yuri Cabaret Ladies, imo.

Easily.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

That's a fine compromise. I'm glad she's come to terms with the harsh limitations of the human body and is making the best of things.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I really like the line read as "It never happened" instead of "It was impossible"

Theres hope there still.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Don't ask about the secret ingredient.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I like the business-minded Scot.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Leftover hortopita is good :)

But now it's gone :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*grows up to be a bomb*

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Blitzballs are an incredibly potent and deadly force in the world of FFX.

Kid's got his aspirations set high.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Didn't that turn out to be an accurate translation?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

I like the recognizably off-kilter background NPCs

Like Funky Student from Persona 4 and the Psych Up guy from Pokemon DPP

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
when I was looking for that screenshot, I found out that that wasn't a translation error. the original japanese says that the kid wants to be a blitzball.

then I guess the hd release changed the script so in japanese he said he wants to be a blitzball player, but the english hd release kept the line as him wanting to be a blitzball

which I am fine with

i actually enjoyed ffx a lot, idk how much of that is due to it being the first ff game I played or what but I thought it was an entertaining game with fun characters and good music, tho I still like 9 more

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

X is actually my favourite FF game, not taking nostalgia in to account (otherwise it's 6/7)

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
10 was my first and the one I've played the most of (I think I still have a memory card with my save shortly before the final boss), but I watched my ex play through the entirety of 8, and I think I like it more.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
it's really close for me but it's 9 on top with 4 and 10 tied in second

idk why those in particular. they're just the ones that hooked me the most I guess

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

10 has probably the best realized world out of all of them + the sphere grid is incredibly dope, its not my favorite but it is Very Good

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I9tNAJGjb4

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

when I was looking for that screenshot, I found out that that wasn't a translation error. the original japanese says that the kid wants to be a blitzball.

then I guess the hd release changed the script so in japanese he said he wants to be a blitzball player, but the english hd release kept the line as him wanting to be a blitzball

which I am fine with

i actually enjoyed ffx a lot, idk how much of that is due to it being the first ff game I played or what but I thought it was an entertaining game with fun characters and good music, tho I still like 9 more

Right, that's what I was remembering. It was a "correctly" translated mistake in the JP script that was preserved in the HD version like many other beloved localization oddities.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You'd be hard pressed to find a game I hated more than FF8

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/vanserchan/status/689134826205614080

:iceburn:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Not a big fan of X. I like its story and concept just fine, it just never really grabbed me.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

holy poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
auron and wakka were the best characters tho

PRAY, NOW!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Like happy fireworks, ya

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
oh man what i'd give to see an ffx-2 style game starring jecht, auron, and braska

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Never played X since I was a GC kid, but if I had to play another FF (already gave I-VI at least a shot), it'd be my pick.

• Locked thread