Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Skwee posted:

I don't like that kung fu master's weapons are always strapped to their hands.. I have these giant blades that I can't put away..

I keep hoping for a better looking to transmute for this reason but I haven't found anything that can be applied.

Apparently Reddit has adopted Old Man as their server.

randombattle fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jan 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Posting for the benefit of all 45s

For those wondering how to get Poharan to spawn in the 24 man, you must kill the MAIN THREE bosses 3 times each, thats' slashimi, sobo, and jangum 3 times each

ln206
Sep 29, 2014

Styxscout posted:

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/146617-character-restriction-schedule/

Old Man Cho and Mushin will be unrestricted in about 2 and a half hours.

dam, that means more time in queues :D

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016
So I found out that razor background processes were causing B&S to crash my client. I disabled the services following the below link.

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/141060-constant-crashing-solved-finally/

TLDR: Go to task manager and disable anything related to Razor

Hope this helps anyone with similar issues.

9foxtails fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jan 19, 2016

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

that anticheat they run for this game sure does weird things huh

the fan management program for my Corsair stuff causes BnS to freak out and BnS tries to murder the process and it fights back and tries to kill BnS back

this causes an infinite loop of processing hating each other and I get about 2 FPS, so I gotta kill that Corsair thing before launching BnS

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm liking the game and I do actually like the kMMO system of 'throw lots of small shiny things at the player' when it isn't that expensive so I'm looking forward to playing pretty princess kung-fu dressup. The only thing I really miss is a 'preferred player' system like TERA and SWTOR has (pay money once for small account upgrades) because more character slots would have been nice!

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Ill be playing on and off all day on old man if you want a red clan invite friend me fouroutoffive

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I made derek smart the skunk girl force master in old man cho just to play for a while. When things calm down in mushin I'll just remake or transfer over

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Well since all the goon servers are full guess I'll just have to roll up a character on the good old Unofficial RP Server. I've always wanted to sit around in a public area spending 3 hours listening to some guy describe his character's backstory or flirting with girls who are actually guys.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Getsuya posted:

Well since all the goon servers are full guess I'll just have to roll up a character on the good old Unofficial RP Server. I've always wanted to sit around in a public area spending 3 hours listening to some guy describe his character's backstory or flirting with girls who are actually guys.

Oh man, I can only imagine what this game is going to attract considering the horrors of Tera and STO. You are going to find so many lesbians ERPing.

By which I mean dudes ERPing with other dudes exclusively, but god help you if you point out Lolita McElftits and Jailbait Squeakyvoice are actually a couple men. It ruins their immersion you see.

Also by immersion I'm talking about their erection.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

So is it just clans that require same faction, or can you not even form groups with people on opposite faction? On that note, any other goons at 45? Tried doing Blackram Supply Chain with pugs, didn't work out super well, wondered if people were going to get groups together.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Akujiki posted:

So is it just clans that require same faction, or can you not even form groups with people on opposite faction? On that note, any other goons at 45? Tried doing Blackram Supply Chain with pugs, didn't work out super well, wondered if people were going to get groups together.

You can group with people cross faction and cross server

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 19, 2016

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Stormgale posted:

You can group with people cross faction and cross server

Thank god. Knew about cross-server, wasn't sure about cross-faction. Means my blue rear end isn't cut off entirely, hooray.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Akujiki posted:

Thank god. Knew about cross-server, wasn't sure about cross-faction. Means my blue rear end isn't cut off entirely, hooray.

You can also change faction for a few silver, factions only really matter when you put on your outfit and for clans (which are mainly there to support PVP)

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

DancingShade posted:

Oh man, I can only imagine what this game is going to attract considering the horrors of Tera and STO. You are going to find so many lesbians ERPing.

By which I mean dudes ERPing with other dudes exclusively, but god help you if you point out Lolita McElftits and Jailbait Squeakyvoice are actually a couple men. It ruins their immersion you see.

Also by immersion I'm talking about their erection.

Which server did they settle on? Jiwan?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Why is the EU guild red team? It seems like every single pubby on the server joined red team and is wearing their faction colours, I kinda want to swap and murder them.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Anoia posted:

Jiwan for US, Ebon Hall for EU. I'll probably actually join up on Jiwan if only because I like reading melodramatic background chatter while I craft in town. I did that on FF14 and it made long crafting periods less boring. Kinda like watching soaps while doing chores

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Cool, it only takes 4 more hours to download the client. It'll probably take another hour or so to unpack and install so that means I'll be just in time for the joy of playing a MMO during primetime on launchday :suicide:

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

Anoia posted:

Last I heard, the RPers are in Jiwan along with the BRs. The RPers are in blue faction and the BRs are in red faction, so you'll have the choice of enduring the RP'ing that probably goes on in faction chat or a language that you probably wouldn't fully understand unless you lived in Brazil for a few years, even if you knew Spanish or Portuguese.

Having said that, I don't know how Mushin faction chat is like during US prime time, but on the times I get on (usually after midnight US PST due to living in Australian EST, on weekdays) the chat feels like as if I'm in a 4chan clan, except it's the faction. It really makes me feel like I should block faction chat at times, with all the constant weeaboo and waifu calling and the terrible 'am I cute anon' stuff that goes on.
On the other hand, I do get to enjoy having no queue times when I log in and being able to do quests at a good speed, because there isn't a million people camping that one Destroyer guy you must kill no matter what to progress the main story for example (I didn't have to wait when I got up to it, which was surprising), so at least I can ignore the chat entirely and focus on playing. The ones spamming emotes are hard to ignore because those emotes pop out from the edge of your focus, though.

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Why is the EU guild red team? It seems like every single pubby on the server joined red team and is wearing their faction colours, I kinda want to swap and murder them.

Good news, fellow goon! NCSoft has already thought of people like you. Why, they even provide a special title for killing 1000 people each from both sides with a single character. Or maybe not, because I've read that achievements are account-wide - or was it only unlocked titles?
Having said that, I don't know if the pubs are trying to pick a fight or is just being really careless about what they're wearing. I'm still doing the Cinderlands and I've seen similar leveled people running around and questing/field boss killing around both Crescent Lake and that Mirage place with their faction outfits on, but they usually manage to avoid each other or don't fight each other during or after the boss stomping.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:( I've re-installed 3 times (with the BnS_Lite_Installer) and each time I try to download the game it keeps turning up an error that says 'Cannot download file'. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Karistar posted:

Good news, fellow goon! NCSoft has already thought of people like you. Why, they even provide a special title for killing 1000 people each from both sides with a single character. Or maybe not, because I've read that achievements are account-wide - or was it only unlocked titles?
Having said that, I don't know if the pubs are trying to pick a fight or is just being really careless about what they're wearing. I'm still doing the Cinderlands and I've seen similar leveled people running around and questing/field boss killing around both Crescent Lake and that Mirage place with their faction outfits on, but they usually manage to avoid each other or don't fight each other during or after the boss stomping.
But then I can't be in the goon clan :(

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Getsuya posted:

I made a guild on Jiwan with some RL friends if any goons need a clan on blue side. Send a message to Vellamorn or give me your name here and I'll invite you whenever I'm on.

Also on the very first day, Franbunny was shouting down people in chat who didn't want this to be the unofficial RP server. :allears:

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Mushin guild full again.

Everyman fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 19, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Just logged into Mushin with a 10 person premium queue from work. Seems like if you can log in just to play later, do so!

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 19, 2016

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I will laugh if they add an afk timer to this game and the solution ends up being the same as FFXIV: Being in a conversation with an NPC or object.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Tsurupettan posted:

I will laugh if they add an afk timer to this game and the solution ends up being the same as FFXIV: Being in a conversation with an NPC or object.

hah wait, that was a thing?

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

ilifinicus posted:

that anticheat they run for this game sure does weird things huh

the fan management program for my Corsair stuff causes BnS to freak out and BnS tries to murder the process and it fights back and tries to kill BnS back

this causes an infinite loop of processing hating each other and I get about 2 FPS, so I gotta kill that Corsair thing before launching BnS

that corsair app/driver is a pile of poo poo. I've bitched to the chinese engineers about this before moving back to logitech. logitech has solved this problem for a decade. they use this nifty "virtual usb bus" for their macro keyboards so the script actions appear to come from the device and not a 3rd party helper app.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So red team is full in old man cho gently caress this gay earth

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So red team is full in old man cho gently caress this gay earth

Just wait a minute or two and keep trying the quest, it usually frees up.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

sinewave posted:

that corsair app/driver is a pile of poo poo. I've bitched to the chinese engineers about this before moving back to logitech. logitech has solved this problem for a decade. they use this nifty "virtual usb bus" for their macro keyboards so the script actions appear to come from the device and not a 3rd party helper app.
not keyboard, water cooler

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Someone explain to me why a basic healing dumpling costs almost 20 times as much money as I have.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I just downloaded the installer and trying to update the game, but I keep on getting "Cannot Download File" errors. Is it an issue with the servers being hosed and that I should just try later?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Scoss posted:

Someone explain to me why a basic healing dumpling costs almost 20 times as much money as I have.
because you should never need to eat a dumpling if you are playing the game right (don't get hit, fool) and dumplings scale to max level so they're mostly useful for high level people with actual challenging things that they want to heal up for

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Scoss posted:

You'll get plenty of dumplings as drops and such while leveling, don't worry too much about it. Gold income jumps up pretty hard too as you get near cap.

Also a note to anyone who hasn't noticed: opening the treasure chests in caves and stuff (the ones with the green indicator) WILL consume a key when you do so... be careful with those if you want to conserve keys.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

cathead posted:

You'll get plenty of dumplings as drops and such while leveling, don't worry too much about it. Gold income jumps up pretty hard too as you get near cap.

Also a note to anyone who hasn't noticed: opening the treasure chests in caves and stuff (the ones with the green indicator) WILL consume a key when you do so... be careful with those if you want to conserve keys.

Wow thanks for bringing this up. Those chests are barely worth anything.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Keys are worth almost 5 silver too, so keep that in mind. Only open the chests you need for weapon evolutions

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Lemming posted:

Keys are worth almost 5 silver too, so keep that in mind. Only open the chests you need for weapon evolutions

I've been farming the Stalker Jiangshi and maxed out my Hongmoon weapon and am super OP now. Are you saying I shouldn't be opening those blue weapon chests for Hongmoon keys? Or do you mean the special keys that guarantee a class weapon?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Scoss posted:

I've been farming the Stalker Jiangshi and maxed out my Hongmoon weapon and am super OP now. Are you saying I shouldn't be opening those blue weapon chests for Hongmoon keys? Or do you mean the special keys that guarantee a class weapon?

Just the regular "Key" item that is used to open a chest costs almost 5 silver, Hongmoon Keys are basically the same you just can't trade them. Don't use up your keys to open weapon chests unless they give you your weapon evolution (I'm thinking mostly about the part in the desert where you have to farm that giant guy), since if you run out of keys you need to either buy more which you probably won't be able to afford or grind dailies which you're limited to a certain number of. If you don't waste keys on irrelevant stuff you should have enough even if you're unlucky. When you need to upgrade your weapon, it'll tell you what weapon you need for the breakthrough and where to get it, so you'll know whether or not you should be opening those weapon chests.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
How do I access this auction house I have been hearing about? Is there a minimum level to use it? Is there one in the starting map (viridian coast)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Go to the bank lady and click Marketplace on the bottom left.

• Locked thread