Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Olanphonia posted:

There's a whole book series based on a guy failing to kill a baby.

To be fair, scarification of children is frowned upon pretty hard in society too. It also happens to be easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Just ask that dude who edits the Silent Hill wikia

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Scathach posted:

The Oregon terrorist group is now very upset people are sending them dildos and bags of dicks instead of food. It's beautiful.

I wouldn't be happy to be sexuslly harassed by the internet either.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FAROOQ posted:

I don't know, I'd be pretty pleased if people started sending me free sex toys.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

FAROOQ posted:

I can't tell if you're a troll or if you're actually regularly offended.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

cash crab posted:

What would your reaction be if people started an Internet campaign sending sex toys to a woman over her objections? "Ho ho, that's a clever bit of fun"?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Depends, have these women armed themselves and taken over a government building because of a vaguely defined "gently caress y'all, let us exploit federal parklands for money" ideology?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Would that make sexual harassment ok? I'm sure everyone has done something objectionable, and it's not like "armed themselves" or "has a sense of entitlement" are rare specimens in the US.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

Subjunctive posted:

Would that make sexual harassment ok? I'm sure everyone has done something objectionable, and it's not like "armed themselves" or "has a sense of entitlement" are rare specimens in the US.

:nallears:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, never mind. I'm posting like an idiot tonight.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Wanamingo posted:

I don't know, I'd be pretty pleased if people started sending me free sex toys.

Not to mention the delicious dick-shaped gummies. They did ask for snacks and no one ever specified that they not be shaped like genitals.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

This is actually pretty funny in its ridiculousness.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, never mind. I'm posting like an idiot tonight.

Only tonight?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

TontoCorazon posted:

Only tonight?

Not what I said.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm certain that the people sending dildos are explicitly doing it to sexually harass those men and not because dicks have been considered hilarious since the dawn of time.

Woe be to any sensitive naive souls who end up at a bachelorette party.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I don't keep up with this whole Deadpool movie thing, but is there suddenly a movement or whatever to see it a PG-13 rating?

Either way it seems a friend of mine is against this because he wants to go see a "grown up" Marvel movie.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

Generally when it comes to FAROOQ its the first thing with a mix of sincere anti-leftist beliefs

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I don't keep up with this whole Deadpool movie thing, but is there suddenly a movement or whatever to see it a PG-13 rating?

Either way it seems a friend of mine is against this because he wants to go see a "grown up" Marvel movie.

It's already been shown in its final form and its rated R. And no I don't think I've seen or heard anyone who thought it should be rated PG13 outside of probably marketing group types

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Tell him he has the whole Blade trilogy, and at least 2 Punisher movies.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the Deadpool movie will be "grownup" in the same way that South Park is "adult." It's not exactly a deep psychological thriller.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Dick jokes and gore, what grown up truly means.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Hush now, he probably spends all day working at the business factory, so when he gets home he just wants to unwind by staying up all night watching R-rated movies.

It's like he's too adult.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Subjunctive posted:

What would your reaction be if people started an Internet campaign sending sex toys to a woman over her objections? "Ho ho, that's a clever bit of fun"?
It would just be a 3-D version of messages women already get online. But of course it's not meant to be sexual harassment, it's just meant to be silly and annoying. Anything like this is going to get trolls. The important thing is how it's dealt with. In this case, it was dealt with hilariously badly.

OptimusShr posted:

My right wing uncle is on a roll.

I feel weird when I read things like these, I always imagine the person who posted them was masturbating at the time.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I remember seeing some dying kid plea for Deadpool to be PG-13 so he can see it. If the kid is that sick and all he wants to do is see Deadpool, I think his parents will get him in to an R rated movie.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Intoluene posted:

I remember seeing some dying kid plea for Deadpool to be PG-13 so he can see it. If the kid is that sick and all he wants to do is see Deadpool, I think his parents will get him in to an R rated movie.

That's a terrible Make a Wish wish, you can take your kids to see R rated movies whenever you want. My dad used to take me to see R rated movies infrequently as a kid.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i never met someone who works at a cinema who gave a drat about age restrictions.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mans posted:

i never met someone who works at a cinema who gave a drat about age restrictions.

they exist

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Edit: Tired and did a completely ineffective job of censoring names, but whatever, it's a public page.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 10:07 on Jan 19, 2016

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I got carded going into The Revenant by the 17 year old behind the counter.

I'm 35.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

robotsinmyhead posted:

I got carded going into The Revenant by the 17 year old behind the counter.

I'm 35.

Well maybe if you didn't look so youthful and full of life you wouldn't have to deal with these type of hardships.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I am very youthful and vibrant you see. I was highly indisposed taking a SECOND card out of my wallet. The nerve of these people.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

With what little power movie theater employees are afforded, refusing entry to a movie is one of their only joys

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Fried Watermelon posted:

With what little power movie theater employees are afforded, refusing entry to a movie is one of their only joys

It's a shame. You never know. You just might never get a chance to fix it.

The saddest part is that your ego is so hosed up that if you're reading this through one of your little snoopy Facebook friends, you'll still never understand how much she wished you could get over your warped sense of justice just long enough to show her you loved her before she died.

She died thinking you loved yourself more than her. Somewhere deep inside that narcissistic brain of yours on some subconscious level, behind your justifications and your attempts to convince yourself that you're always right, I hope that it's killing you inside.

She died thinking you loved yourself more than her, and that thought should poison every breath you take until your last.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Yes, the idiot who originally shared this was one of ARE TROOPS!, but when he's not furiously masturbating to Guns N Ammo, he's posting ridiculous police-fetishizing memes.

However, if you can't see why impersonating one is far, far worse than impersonating the other, there is literally no hope for you.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

"Pretend you did a thing when you didn't" vs "Pretend you're in an active position of authority"

These are not difficult concepts.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Good news! You can still dress up as an off-duty officer, but it doesn't come with the perks of being able to just break the law and get away with it.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Takoluka posted:

"Pretend you did a thing when you didn't" vs "Pretend you're in an active position of authority"

I'm still baffled as to how people can't grasp why it's way worse to impersonate one more so than the other.

... Then again, I live in the southern US. So 'murica, I guess?

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Eponine posted:

Good news! You can still dress up as an off-duty officer, but it doesn't come with the perks of being able to just break the law and get away with it.

Yeah, that power is reserved for actual police officers

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

Takoluka posted:

I don't know I'm having difficulty with the concept of impersonating "un corn wook"

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I worked at a theater in high school and got dinged by a secret shopper for not carding someone. Well that's my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My grandma dropped me and my cousin off at the theaters when we were 10 and 8 to see The Last Boy Scout. We had no issues getting in. My grandma thought it was a wholesome movie because of the title.