Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Saw a NIN cover band last night. That was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dr Tran posted:

What was their setlist like?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What was their setlist like?

2005-ish. Nothing off Year Zero or Hesitation Marks but they did do 1000000.

4 piece band with a lot running off the sequencer, so they sounded like the 2009 band. Liked that they went live accurate vs album accurate.

edit: oh and the singer wore those stupid droopy pants Trent's been wearing lately.

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 16, 2016

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.

Dr Tran posted:

What's the name of the band?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If it's not "22 Centimeter Rivets" I'm out.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Snorkzilla posted:

What's the name of the band?

Pretty Hate Machine

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Call Me Charlie posted:

Jane's Addiction headlining really put a damper on the whole thing. They were dogshit and I walked out.

I told my friend we could stay until Been Caught Stealin came on, because seriously gently caress that song.

We lasted half an hour before heading for the doors.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I saw them open for Alice In Chains about 2 years ago, and they're still dogshit. They think they're the biggest American band around, and I frankly didn't think they were still around.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I mean, they're fine and all, but didn't love their set. Was mostly disappointed it ended up meaning NIN was both time constrained and played in the daylight in Michigan.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm a big (classic) Jane's fan, so this is both not surprising and :smith: to hear.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw Jane's at a festival in October and they were boring as poo poo for the most part. They played the 3 or 4 songs I really wanted to hear them play, and then I thought "Good. Now I can safely never see them again."

Although IIRC there were no dog barking sounds in Been Caught Stealing live, so that was disappointing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I saw Jane's at a festival in October and they were boring as poo poo for the most part. They played the 3 or 4 songs I really wanted to hear them play, and then I thought "Good. Now I can safely never see them again."

Although IIRC there were no dog barking sounds in Been Caught Stealing live, so that was disappointing.

The Kettle Whistle version will always be superior, anyway :colbert:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've walked out twice on JA because the venue I saw them at was one where if you left early you avoid like an hour of sitting in the parking lot waiting to get out. I don't dislike them as a band or anything but they're kind of not interesting live and on the NIN/JA tour they played their music so loving loud (like way louder than NIN) which does not suit their music at all and made it kind of unpleasant.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just wanted to say that this promo is some of the creepiest poo poo I've ever seen, and hats off to Trent for making it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmKUxDrKW_8

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I watched that so many times back in the day. In general the whole ARG was really creepy and well done.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Jesus that album is from almost nine years ago now. :negative:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

The Singing Chav posted:

Jesus that album is from almost nine years ago now. :negative:

Well of course, it was released during the Bush administration and it's currently Obama's last year in office.

Just in case you wanted to feel old.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Well of course, it was released during the Bush administration and it's currently Obama's last year in office.

Just in case you wanted to feel old.

the worst "if you wanted to feel old" thing i've heard recently is that if you were bart's age when the simpsons first came on the air, you are homer's age now :smith:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://twitter.com/craigrachel/status/540638857230696449

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

Sortof NIN (Alessondro Cortini) related, Big Black Delta just released a new track. https://soundcloud.com/big-black-delta/kid-icarus-1

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm surprised Trent didn't tweet anything about Bowie's death.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

PoopinClumpin posted:

Sortof NIN (Alessondro Cortini) related, Big Black Delta just released a new track. https://soundcloud.com/big-black-delta/kid-icarus-1

I was coming here to post this. I'm really digging it. Sounds like a nice continuation of the style he found with the original BBD album.

Speaking of Alessandro...where the gently caress is the new SONOIO album? Feels like I've been waiting forever since Thanks For Calling.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 26, 2016

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

That made me laugh.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

TOOT BOOT posted:

True, but I'm assuming he didn't want to be all Dave Grohl about it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

spookygonk posted:

True, but I'm assuming he didn't want to be all Dave Grohl about it.

Oh my, what did Dave Grohly say?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

maybe because it's the time of every artist, celebrity, and media personality to make their Big Statements About David Bowie's Importance right now and he didn't want to be part of that

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You would have thought his dad died

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
My favorite Bowie commentary so far is from Coldplay. They stepped out of obscurity the day after Bowie's death to share their one Bowie story- which was, they sent him a song in the hopes he'd collaborate, and Bowie replied "It's not very good though, is it?"

Trent is smart to not immediately fall into the Social Media trap in the wake of a friends death. Be like Trent.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

[quote="Laserface" post=""454332909" "]
Dated: Dec 29, 2015 01:26
How long do you reckon until Dave grohl makes this about himself? I say a day.
[/quote]

Semprini posted:

Dated: Dec 30, 2015 21:07
You win the prize!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Trent Reznor Recalls How David Bowie Helped Him Get Sober

Trent Reznor posted:

I didn't think we were done. It feels like the loss of a mentor, fatherly figure, someone looking out for you, reminding you that in a world where the bar keeps seeming to be lower, where stupidity has got a foothold, there is room for excellence and uncompromising vision.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Thats a cool tribute

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

LordPants posted:

Thats a cool tribute

Cringe-worthy picture of Bowie in the Trent Reznor halloween costume though. The 90s were a goofy time.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I like how there's a whole 'scene missing' from his relapse period in New Orleans.

Oh hey, new Saul Williams album. Talk about under the radar.

$9.49 for mp3. $8.99 for cd. $7.99 for vinyl.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...K3DMKNBTOPIRPKZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3x6pxpwd_w

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 29, 2016

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sweet, I was just looking up to see if he put out another album the other week.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

IUG posted:

Sweet, I was just looking up to see if he put out another album the other week.

It's really good. It feels like the natural sequel to NiggyTardust (obviously with more synth and less horns)

I'm disappointed That's What's Up didn't make the cut. That song was a ton of fun on the Daytrotter Session he did (which I just listened to today)

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/09/saul-williams-thats-whats-up.html

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Sounds like Trent's wife is popping out another kid.

Went to a goth club the other night and the DJ played the instrumental version of heresy. Killer.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dr Tran posted:

Oh rad, that's awesome for them :)

Atticus did the score for Triple 9, a loving awesome looking crime movie with an all-star cast that I've been looking forward to for a while, which comes out at the end of this week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfeiINSMU1I

I've got passes to an advanced screening of it tonight and I just found out yesterday that Atticus is doing the music, so I'm pretty excited to see it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Atticus did the score for Triple 9.

I saw it last night and got pumped when I saw his name in the opening credits. Movie had a lot of tension. hahahaha

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

Went to a goth club the other night and the DJ played the instrumental version of heresy. Killer.

In twenty years NIN better still be around, consisting of all of Trents children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dr Tran posted:

I saw it last night and got pumped when I saw his name in the opening credits. Movie had a lot of tension. hahahaha

Was it any good? The posters make it look like a 2 Fast 2 Furious: WITH MORE GUNS type of thing but the trailer is clearly playing at something more serious.