Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

DeusExMachinima posted:

R.I.P. in peace, Lemmy. Pourin' JD out for you.

At least we'll never have to worry about anyone getting the idea to try to "bring back" or "continue" Motorhead because nobody can take his place.

Sure, who ever heard of bad taste and/or judgement in the music biz?

E: i give it 5 years before "Motorhead" is touring again.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

saigon_15 posted:

Who would the singer be?

Morrissey or Thom Yorke?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Who would the singer be?

Morrissey or Thom Yorke?
They could hire Chris Boltendahl from Grave Digger, he's basically the Lemmy of power metal. Just without the legendary status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49e03AmNrwc

(No I'm not being serious, loving :laffo: if anyone thinks there could be a Motörhead worth poo poo without Lemmy)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Obviously it would be Abbath, he does a great Lemmy in his tribute band Bömbers.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

atomicthumbs posted:

I think you mean they're 2/3rds of the way to their reunion, at which point they will take over the afterlife by rocking harder than God
Obligatory Airheads "wrong, dickhead, trick question. Lemmy is god" reference

That wasn't a good movie but it was how I found out who Lemmy was when I was ten so gently caress off

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Dave Grohl gonna get together with Mikkey Dee and Phil Campbell and throw together another EP of insanely bad approximations of metal tracks including a real turd of a Lemmy tribute song feat. Wurzel. edit: and ozzy

funeral fag fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 30, 2015

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

saigon_15 posted:

Mikkey Dee posted:

Motörhead is over, of course. Lemmy was Motörhead. But the band will live on in the memories of many ... We won’t be doing any more tours or anything. And there won’t be any more records. But the brand survives, and Lemmy lives on in the hearts of everyone.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
my vote would be Aaron Turner and Jussi Letisalo retune Split Cranium or reunite Inepsy

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Elrobot posted:

reunite Inepsy

I could live with this

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Laserface posted:

How long do you reckon until Dave grohl makes this about himself? I say a day.

You win the prize!

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

saigon_15 posted:

Blind Marky Felchtone on vocals

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
lmao dave grohl got an upside down tattoo

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003

Vulture Culture posted:

Blind Marky Felchtone on vocals

I suppose if you have to, it would be him or Frankie from Leatherface. But I think I'd rather just see Zeke than Motörzeke or Leätherhead...

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

henpod posted:

Not to interrupt Lemmy chat, but Fleshgod Apocalypse just dropped a new track.

I know a lot of people don't like the orchestra/classical route they have taken but I kind of dig it anyway. The last album, Labyrinth was pretty awesome, as was Agony.

First impression of this track is a mixed one but I think I will like it after a few listens. Doesn't seem as dense/ferocious/bombastic as other stuff, but that's probably because they put the drums a little lower in the mix and balanced some things out a bit more. Definitely looking forward to the new album anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXOucG8rM5k

I'm pretty stoked for their new album and the possibility of another US tour.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gonna try to attend that Melvins/Napalm Death/Melt Banana show in Minneapolis in April.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 2, 2016

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Crimfall put out a 3+ minute pre-mixed song snippet from their upcoming new album. They have Helena Haaparanta back on vocals, which is great because she is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xk6cr5XjVE

I'm actually liking how the rough pre-mix sounds, here's hoping they won't smooth it out too much.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

Nordick posted:

Crimfall put out a 3+ minute pre-mixed song snippet from their upcoming new album. They have Helena Haaparanta back on vocals, which is great because she is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xk6cr5XjVE

I'm actually liking how the rough pre-mix sounds, here's hoping they won't smooth it out too much.

:derp:

This sounds amazing - glad they're back and that Helena is too! Her voice really makes the band for me and is what made them stand out on their first album and got me to pay attention. I didn't really like Writ of the Sword though for some reason, I just couldn't get into it even though all the pieces were in place.

I don't get how this is "rough" though, it sounded good/normal to me, but I'm not an audiophile or anything.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
A new Abbath song, album in only 3 weeks!

Ashes of the Damned - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5pMoSECagE

:magical:

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
That sounds pretty awesome actually.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

TollTheHounds posted:

It's boring poo poo.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

TollTheHounds posted:

Album is going to be so vicious ugh 3 weeks. Still bummed about the loss of the other guys but Abbath gets better with age somehow and keeps writing killer tracks.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've heard that song a million times before.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

It's got some cool riffs, and is probably the best solo track yet, but they've all been boring so far. It's like he comes up with a riff and says "I'll do this for 45 seconds" and repeats that process until the song is over. I really wanted to like it as I love Immortal but something is definitely missing from these songs.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

A human heart posted:

It's boring poo poo.

this

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Who wants to chip in to bulk order some of these bad boys?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Instead of new boring Abbath songs listen to some crust instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhnv5fDMopc

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
or new destroyer 666.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

took them long enough to make some new music, didn't it?

Despite being Netherlands based they still move with all the slowness of seemingly all australian bands when it comes to actually recording and releasing poo poo.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
They ain't really Netherlands based any more, and lineup changes take a while to settle. KK has been writing and rethinking for the better part of 3-4 years now, but it's been done a while.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

It sounds a lot better than defiance.

MrBling posted:

took them long enough to make some new music, didn't it?

Despite being Netherlands based they still move with all the slowness of seemingly all australian bands when it comes to actually recording and releasing poo poo.

New Zealand bands are the same, maybe it's the air down here.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
The problem is that studio time in Australia is absurdly expensive. As in 800 bucks a day.

Throw in that metal bands make gently caress all money, it takes along time for Aussies to get enough money to go into a studio.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I love this band. Cold Steel might be one of my favourite metal albums ever.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

H13 posted:

The problem is that studio time in Australia is absurdly expensive. As in 800 bucks a day.

Throw in that metal bands make gently caress all money, it takes along time for Aussies to get enough money to go into a studio.

Just record it in your mate's garage.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

H13 posted:

This hasn't been destroyer's issue for about 15 years, just saying.

A human heart posted:

It sounds a lot better than defiance.

It is. It's a lot more epic in scope.

The Clit Avoider fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 7, 2016

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Speaking of Nz/Aus bands there is a new project called Veneficium which has dudes from Sinistrous Diabolus and the present Witchrist lineup, Iron Bonehead are supposed to be putting out their demo out soon and it sounds cool: https://soundcloud.com/imperiumdiabolus/1-mefetic-exhumations

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

The Clit Avoider posted:

They ain't really Netherlands based any more, and lineup changes take a while to settle. KK has been writing and rethinking for the better part of 3-4 years now, but it's been done a while.

I thought the whole band (inc. KK) was pretty much located in Europe now? Isn't Roland from Cruciamentum in D.666 now too? No wonder those guitars sound so gnarly on that track. Hope this lineup tours the US.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I thought the whole band (inc. KK) was pretty much located in Europe now? Isn't Roland from Cruciamentum in D.666 now too? No wonder those guitars sound so gnarly on that track. Hope this lineup tours the US.

They're all Euro based yes, but not the Netherlands :) Ro is on leads.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'm pretty pumped to see Nile on the 23rd, it's been too long since I've been to a show.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

henpod posted:

Not to interrupt Lemmy chat, but Fleshgod Apocalypse just dropped a new track.

I know a lot of people don't like the orchestra/classical route they have taken but I kind of dig it anyway. The last album, Labyrinth was pretty awesome, as was Agony.

First impression of this track is a mixed one but I think I will like it after a few listens. Doesn't seem as dense/ferocious/bombastic as other stuff, but that's probably because they put the drums a little lower in the mix and balanced some things out a bit more. Definitely looking forward to the new album anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXOucG8rM5k

The counterpoint in this track is gnarly as gently caress. I do wish the drums were a little stronger in the mix but overall the song has a focused sound some of their other work lacked. Vocals are getting way better.

e: I just noticed the Apple Music track list has a doubled album with all of songs having orchestral versions :gizz:

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Kilometers Davis posted:

The counterpoint in this track is gnarly as gently caress. I do wish the drums were a little stronger in the mix but overall the song has a focused sound some of their other work lacked. Vocals are getting way better.

e: I just noticed the Apple Music track list has a doubled album with all of songs having orchestral versions :gizz:

Yeah, I really liked Agony because the drums were loving thunderous with loud as hell snares and kicks. Some people didn't like that but I loved getting my ears blast-beaten to poo poo.