Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Keshik posted:

I like playing videos and immediately hearing my own voice as I scream in terror while crawling away from Ash.

Never stop knifing people, autogaga.

Your scream is one of the best. And I wont <3

Keshik posted:

By the way, I haven't tried recording anything in years but this game makes me want to, especially as I now have a big empty 2TB drive to record to.

I have a Radeon HD 6850, what software should I be using? I used to use Fraps back in like 2007 but it was always kinda lovely, so I figure there must be something better now.

I use Shadowplay, but since you're on a gross AMD.. you can use Fraps, which actually runs swell if you have it record to a separate hard drive than the one your game is running on, unless you have SSD. Trying to play a game from a platter drive AND record Fraps to it simultaneously? Tanked fps, every time, in my experience. There's also: http://loilo.tv/us/product/game_recorder

Loilo isn't too bad; I say try out both and see which you like better.

e: whoring my video for the page snipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItDJqTb7PIk

automaticswim fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Keshik posted:

By the way, I haven't tried recording anything in years but this game makes me want to, especially as I now have a big empty 2TB drive to record to.

I have a Radeon HD 6850, what software should I be using? I used to use Fraps back in like 2007 but it was always kinda lovely, so I figure there must be something better now.

I've also used OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) for Twitch streaming as well as dumping directly to a spare 2tb drive. Can specify the dump quality as well as it's a free download.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
If you're on win10 it has a built in thing which I've been using and is pretty ok, OBS is pretty good, too.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
It will be pretty great if ubisoft fired the intern looking after r6 community and hired an actual community manager. Does anyone have an idea what that community challenge is supposed to be?

"leave no man behind and get points"

Uh ok. Then what? Are we getting something? Is there a way to see our points?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

keyframe posted:

It will be pretty great if ubisoft fired the intern looking after r6 community and hired an actual community manager. Does anyone have an idea what that community challenge is supposed to be?

Theres a community challenge?

Unrelated - Sometimes this game sets up CLASSIC action movie situations... and you gotta be the hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doP558iTwNI

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
:tastykake: Got my first ace :tastykake:

You can do open-heart surgery with the SMG-11. It is unreal how accurate it is.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Vengarr posted:

:tastykake: Got my first ace :tastykake:

You can do open-heart surgery with the SMG-11. It is unreal how accurate it is.

It's a loving laser that shoots it's entire clip in about .1 seconds and reloads super fast.

So shut up about it before everyone catches on!

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

keyframe posted:

Aw cut them some slack they are only the messengers :( More info should come today I believe.

:siren:Oh and Siege is 35$ on all platforms only for today on Amazon. More goons should play this game.:siren:

In other news, Euro Goons can now create their own deathdicksquad and join the ESL ladder for both PC and XBone.
http://play.eslgaming.com/rainbowsix/europe-pc/news/262598
http://play.eslgaming.com/rainbowsix/europe-one/news/262598

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
^^ I don't know if you saw it, but are you able to get global stats such as melee kills? I must know.

Reading it seemed pretty clear to me, even if it was vague. Lose no one in your squad, get points. Unless I'm wrong.

I like points. I need more knife points.

automaticswim fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 19, 2016

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I mocked-up some really simple and helpful UI additions I would love to see someday. Some goons may see yourself in this screenshot (I play as Raz, aka Razmig with you sillies on Mumble)

I'm probably going to break the tables.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Speaking of UI elements, the reinforce charges should be a bit more central imo, I sometimes forget to even put them up :v:

Or a warning at like 20 seconds popping up in the middle of your screen if you haven't used them, saying "You have reinforce charges, dipshit"

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I mocked-up some really simple and helpful UI additions I would love to see someday. Some goons may see yourself in this screenshot (I play as Raz, aka Razmig with you sillies on Mumble)

Love all of this. Even the names would be a big improvement. :cheerdoge:

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

I like the first one's armor/reinforcement counters, but the gametype info is unnecessary. The objective marker says either "grab", "secure" or "defuse" based on the gametype.

Second image gametype info is definitely desirable though so you can know whether to pick fuze or not before the round starts if you forgot by the time you get into the game.

I have no problem remembering which operator maps to which icon so I'd rather not have more textual noise on the score screen, personally. But it might be a nice optional thing.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Also, in case people didn't see it:

:siren:GAME IS $35 ON AMAZON TODAY ONLY!!!:siren:

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=13639505011

Game is definitely worth it at this price. I'm 110 hrs in and still playing at least 4 a day.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

whoknew posted:

Game is definitely worth it at this price. I'm 110 hrs in and still playing at least 4 a day.

Can people in Canada buy the PC version from the US Amazon?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

whoknew posted:

lurkers should buy the game, it's one of the best shooters we've had in a long time. it's like a mix of cs 1.6 and bfbc2 and it's got a casual mode for loving around and a try hard ranked mode too.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
Yeah if you're on the fence, $35 is a great price point to jump in. Play with goons in the CTS server and you'll have a good time.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

While uplay is utter poo poo (sorry Dev friend) they somehow managed to poo poo out a gem on this one, $35 for it is a steal.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Anyone on ps4 got a group going? My buddy apparently is bored of this already and I don't want to pub it up anymore.

PSN: DravenRaziel

Edit: nevermind. Pub stomped and moved on

Draven fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 19, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

automaticswim posted:

^^ I don't know if you saw it, but are you able to get global stats such as melee kills? I must know.
I like points. I need more knife points.

I did check homie but global stats aren't a public thing just yet.

You can still compare dicks with all of your uplay friends https://game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us/leaderboards/pvp/friends/featured/matchwon-casual but knife kills aren't shown :(
On a side note i knew i was bad but this leaderboard is just rubbing it in my face.

Hey Raz ! Saw the post on Reddit so chances are the UI devs saw it too. Theres some good ideas in there as far as i'm concerned. Personally i like keeping the HUD as light as possible but theres always room for improvement and the OP names in the scoreboard couldn't hurt. As for the map/mode it will be shown in every loading screen don't worry.
For the ingame indicator i tend to agree with whoknew since "grab", "secure" or "defuse" is on your HUD but i won't act as a filter. I said i would forward the feedback and i'll do it.

BadLlama posted:

While uplay is utter poo poo (sorry Dev friend) they somehow managed to poo poo out a gem on this one, $35 for it is a steal.
That's just me speaking but i think people who works at the uplay dept hate uplay more than you do.

Hard fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 19, 2016

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Hard posted:

On a side note i knew i was bad but this leaderboard is just rubbing it in my face.

gitgud :bigtran:

e: jesus christ i play your game more than you, i need to go outside

automaticswim fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 19, 2016

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

I would really like to see operator stats also broken down by ranked/casual.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Hard posted:

I did check homie but global stats aren't a public thing just yet.

You can still compare dicks with all of your uplay friends https://game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us/leaderboards/pvp/friends/featured/matchwon-casual but knife kills aren't shown :(

Hey Raz ! Saw the post on Reddit so chances are the UI devs saw it too. Theres some good ideas in there as far as i'm concerned. Personally i like keeping the HUD as light as possible but theres always room for improvement and the OP names in the scoreboard couldn't hurt. As for the map/mode it will be shown in every loading screen don't worry.
For the ingame indicator i tend to agree with whoknew since "grab", "secure" or "defuse" is on your HUD but i won't act as a filter. I said i would forward the feedback and i'll do it.

That's just me speaking but i think people who works at the uplay dept hate uplay more than you do.

Neat! I work as a UI designer at a lame payments company, and got into the hobby of mocking up UI/UX experiences for games, just for funsies and practice. Ultimate goal is to work in the games field.

Well, now you know :boom:

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

automaticswim posted:

e: jesus christ i play your game more than you, i need to go outside

I have half the playtime you do and I don't have kids :psypop:

(I'm antipax. on uplay btw if anyone didn't know that)

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

whoknew posted:

I have half the playtime you do and I don't have kids :psypop:

(I'm antipax. on uplay btw if anyone didn't know that)

kids are typically in bed by 7-730 on weekdays and tv/lights out by 8. typically get on the pc around 930-10 and i don't sleep until 2-3am.

but yeah, you'd think i neglect my kids or something. good god.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

automaticswim posted:

kids are typically in bed by 7-730 on weekdays and tv/lights out by 8. typically get on the pc around 930-10 and i don't sleep until 2-3am.

but yeah, you'd think i neglect my kids or something. good god.

haha, well at least there's some kind of explanation

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
but mooooom, my job doesn't revolve around being in game.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
maybe if your mom took some plan b she wouldn't have you whining about it :colbert:

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Pretty sweet ace with Smoke on Oregon from last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdDauGRsiD0

The last two kills are some sweet poo poo.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Hard posted:

Put this in the OP, anyone else got anything else they'd like to see in there?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

whoknew posted:

Pretty sweet ace with Smoke on Oregon from last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdDauGRsiD0

The last two kills are some sweet poo poo.

Good poo poo man. God I love smoke. It pisses me off to no end when some idiot pub takes him and completely wastes him. He's pretty much an absolute must on defense

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

automaticswim posted:

maybe if your mom took some plan b she wouldn't have you whining about it :colbert:

I'd be appreciating that incredible burn if i wasn't so shocked by the fact that a morning-after pill has this name :aaaaa:

content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26UT68khDhI Stop.breaking.the.game.. god damnit.

e: Nice clip Pax!

Hard fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 19, 2016

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Hard posted:

content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26UT68khDhI Stop.breaking.the.game.. god damnit.

tonight is gonna be fun

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Leaks on the new Canadian operators:

And their guns.

Trap lady seems cool, but the attacker's ability is just that he gets an extra shotgun? Was hoping they'd be a little more creative.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
the super 90 says it's an effective breach tool

cool

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
also yacht map

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

FN FAL with masterkey.

Sterling SMG.

Browning HP.

:swoon:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Bear traps seem cool.
New attacker gets flashbangs and a decent looking AR. Not sold on his gadget but whatever, at least it solves the problem of "shotguns don't leave you with a decent gun too".

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Wonder if Bandit can electrify the bear traps, would be neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Profanity posted:

Leaks on the new Canadian operators:

:catstare:

• Locked thread