Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

The soundtrack when Frank first meets "Franquito" haha

premise: an episode where Frank gets accosted by a bunch of brand new illegitimate children, who are actually unrelated to him and are just trying to scam him. The gang comes up with a paternity test scheme to prove that the newcomers aren't Frank's children. Charlie manages to get in on it, but his test results go missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think people naturally have high expectations for season finales, and can feel a bit disappointed on the first watch if it doesn't beat those expectations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

many johnnys posted:

Was that supposed to be an Edward Scissorhands allusion? My brain always goes there when I hear the music.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

FadingChord posted:

Wait, people didn't like rear end Kickers United?

I'm not singling out speshl guy or anything because I see this happen in a hell of a lot of different threads on a wide variety of subjects, but generally when somebody says,"I don't get why everybody seems to hate <x>" what they really mean is,"I saw 1 or 2 posts that didn't like something and those stood out to me more than the wide range of positive reactions it otherwise got."

Or in other words, I loved rear end Kickers United :shobon:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Someone posted a link to a site showing a graph of the ratings for individual ratings of the show. If you check it out you will notice that rear end Kickers is the 5th lowest rated episode, which is kind of odd in my opinion. I think its better than 5th least best.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think it's testament to the shows quality that Franks Brother sits so low compared to every other episode, and it's still a 7.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

TTBF posted:

Someone posted a link to a site showing a graph of the ratings for individual ratings of the show. If you check it out you will notice that rear end Kickers is the 5th lowest rated episode, which is kind of odd in my opinion. I think its better than 5th least best.

Fifth most not worst?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't think they're doing callbacks because they're out of ideas. I think they're doing them for the fans, and when shows do poo poo for the fans it isn't funny. I see what y'all are saying about how they would bring up old poo poo to argue about it, but I don't think continuity should be pointed out too much, since the gang really should be in jail for all the poo poo they've done.

I think the guys and Kaitlin are very funny, but fan service just makes me want to roll my eyes and throw up in my mouth rather than laugh. Especially when it's just Frank talking to random people about the poo poo the gang has gotten into, like an old man in a nursing home babbling about his kids. I think it clashes with the rest of the show, in that he shouldn't give a poo poo about the stuff they've done or even like the other characters. If anything he'd just be like "yeah those guys are real assholes" and leave it at that.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Frank loves hanging out with the gang, he loves living in filthy squalor and being as ugly as Charlie.

And I dunno, in the past some of his 'talking about past exploits' moments have been really great, I think his bits in 'The Gang Misses The Boat' are great and it's also hilarious when he does it in the Thundergun Express episode.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

TTBF posted:

Man, Charlie Work rates extremely high there. It's a good episode for sure, but I'd say Frank Retires was better still. And Sweet Dee Gets Audited and How Mac Got Fat are both languishing down at the 8 line? Where the hell is this drawing from?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

TTBF posted:

If you look at something like Dexter where there was an obvious drop in quality and was widely panned, the lowest rated episode before the last season is only 7.9.

I don't think you can trust people who rate things on IMDB.

edit: 7.9 is also the average rating "The Fly" episode got from Breaking Bad which is nowhere near close to anything as bad as what Dexter turned into.

Irradiation fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 18, 2016

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

says its pulled from imdb ratings. but keep in mind that some of those really only have 400 votes which isn't many. it's like when a new episode of anything comes out and I look at it in kodi with a 9 rating but 1 vote.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The series has steadily decreased in quality from ~8.75 to ~8.5, according to the trend line.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
you're all being science bitches right now, I hope you know that.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Frank loves hanging out with the gang, he loves living in filthy squalor and being as ugly as Charlie.

and it's also hilarious when he does it in the Thundergun Express episode.

Frank loves living in squalor like the guys, not necessarily the guys themselves

And the thundergun part is exactly what I'm talking about and it's painfully unfunny

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Bozos, the IMDB episode ratings are mostly from people who like the shows. Don't compare ratings of different shows.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 19, 2016

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
What's that people are rating Always Sunny right now? Guess what, go ahead rate them cuz they'll rate you! ZERO! ZERO! RATE! RATE! They will RATE every single person in this thread!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

TTBF posted:

How is "How Mac Got Fat" anywhere near the bottom? Or "The Great Recession"?

edit: ok the ratings for Breaking Bad are way loving worse. People who hate "Fly" simply don't get Breaking Bad.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 19, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Fly had plenty of haters in the Breaking Bad thread. I think it was the most fought about thing after Skyler.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

many johnnys posted:

Brawnfire posted:

Was that supposed to be an Edward Scissorhands allusion? My brain always goes there when I hear the music.

The song is The Carnival of the Animals: The Aquarium

It got a lot of play in Ren & Stimpy, that's where I remember it from.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Lycus posted:

Fly had plenty of haters in the Breaking Bad thread. I think it was the most fought about thing after Skyler.

Another stupid BB fandom thing.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Sorry, guys. Sunny has peaked.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

CobiWann posted:

Well I think Howerton alluded to 12 being the last season so that's fair. 12 years is a long rear end time and it's best to end it on good ground anyway.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

CobiWann posted:

It's only getting into its second act.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

All right, this is messy. Um, look, buddy, 2011 It's Always Sunny, okay, it was Grade-A prime beefcake. No one is disputing that. It was a stallion.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I'm going BALD?!

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

FadingChord posted:

All right, this is messy. Um, look, buddy, 2011 It's Always Sunny, okay, it was Grade-A prime beefcake. No one is disputing that. It was a stallion.

It's a show that won't quit. And I'm sure if you take a close look at the cast you'll find a bird that won't quit either.

many johnnys fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 19, 2016

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Frank recanting their escapades on the tour boat to a bunch of Asian tourists is hands down one of the best gags in the show. It retroactively improves on the musical episode. I just want the Mac/Dennis suburbs episode right now

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
One of the things I love doing most, is banging hoores.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Captain John turned out to be a goddamn junkie! :shrug:

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I'm going BALD?!

Glenn Howerton's rage acting is absolutely incredible. You actually see his face turn red and veins bulge out.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Speaking of bald, one of my favorite Mac moments is from Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life.

Mac: "I'm not even bald, this is fake. I've got a full head of hair! Not like him." <slaps Frank's head>

The slap is barely seen and it's juuuust before the cut and I really want to believe it was improv'd.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Glenn Howerton's rage acting is absolutely incredible. You actually see his face turn red and veins bulge out.
And his creepy o-face.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

John Big Booty posted:

And his creepy o-face.

His facial expressions are amazing.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

That creepy O face just made me remember that one of the greatest things Dennis has ever done was to punk out some hippy tree hugger by convincing him to chain himself to a tree, then going off and banging his girlfriend. How the mighty have fallen.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Nice little detail I noticed last night is Dennis's expression when they cut to him during Mac and Charlie's Fight Milk video.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

emanresu tnuocca posted:

you're all being science bitches right now, I hope you know that.

I think Science Is A Liar Sometimes is my favorite thing from this show.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
Anybody who uses IMDB ratings for anything has donkey brains.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

InfiniteZero posted:

Anybody who uses IMDB ratings for anything has donkey brains.

I'm gonna need to see some sort of documentation which certifies that you don't have donkey brains if I'm to believe this. Perhaps from the DBDB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I'm gonna need to see some sort of documentation which certifies that you don't have donkey brains if I'm to believe this. Perhaps from the DBDB?

It has the word not crossed out along with the name Frank.