Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

cool buffs to Marks and stuff like Wyrd Heal, speed rate for Arbalest. Jester got some buffs but whatever. Leper getting loving nothing is kind of weird, but yeah Holy Lance not usable for Rank 2 ruins my Point-Blank Shot/Holy Lance shuffle method team makeup. Guess it was too good or something? I'll get over it. Camp skill redo don't seem too ridiculous, 4 encounters seems fine.

would have expected leper to at least get a cool unique item to bring along or something, ah well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
just fyi, modding the game doesn't seem to disable achievements, so if anyone cares about that but still wants to do something about, say, the jester or leper, then feel free

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
drat, someone on the dev team really didn't like double crusader teams.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Holy moly thats a hell of a lot of changes!

Since they are adding level 5 boss trinkets, any chance they give old saves a crack at fighting level 5 bosses again or do I need a new file?

E: i had my suspicions holy lance would get nerfed. saw it crit for like 40dmg far too many times.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
By the way, if you were one of the people who got to design heroes or items, they're now in the full release. The traits you assigned your hero are locked in from recruitment, positive and negative. Haven't tried getting the item I designed yet.

Once I've made sure that's in I'll post the hero / item name in here for people to use.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Serpentis posted:

By the way, if you were one of the people who got to design heroes or items, they're now in the full release. The traits you assigned your hero are locked in from recruitment, positive and negative. Haven't tried getting the item I designed yet.

Once I've made sure that's in I'll post the hero / item name in here for people to use.

Yeah, subject to balancing. Those who backed, check to see your dude got their traits right.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
Haven't had a chance to mess with it much, but I have an Occultist with Bleed resist and first round dodge/init buff under the name Unaz.

Also, I think I named my trinket "Bones of Zuh" - and it should have +virtue chance along with deathblow and bleed resist (basically made for red-lining intentionally - though couldn't get blight resist as well)

willing to settle
Apr 13, 2011

Doctor Schnabel posted:

just fyi, modding the game doesn't seem to disable achievements, so if anyone cares about that but still wants to do something about, say, the jester or leper, then feel free

What sorts of changes do people think would be warranted to bring them up to par?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RubberBands Hurt posted:

Haven't had a chance to mess with it much, but I have an Occultist with Bleed resist and first round dodge/init buff under the name Unaz.

Also, I think I named my trinket "Bones of Zuh" - and it should have +virtue chance along with deathblow and bleed resist (basically made for red-lining intentionally - though couldn't get blight resist as well)

I'd be careful dropping the names right now. Isn't there a concern that the heroes/items will be one time use only?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Pavlov posted:

drat, someone on the dev team really didn't like double crusader teams.
Might change it back

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Serpentis posted:

Heroes are in, but I tried for my trinket and the interface doesn't seem to be in yet.

N256
Dec 30, 2009
I thought they were going to change the dependence on deeds. At least graverobber's camping skills are about as good as the others now.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Found two hidden rooms so far. First I didn't have a key and got 1k gold. Second I did and got 3 Puzzling Trapezohedrons for 7.5k gold combined. Wowza!

Also I killed the Swine King while forgetting to give my Occultist the Mark skill which I didn't have on him previously - I ran the whole thing with 3 skills :negative: still got through but took some extra unnecessary stress damage since I had two classes with a skill that benefits from marking on the team.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

drat those are some pretty huge changes to camp skills. I think scouting is now even more important, since you really don't want to spend any camp buff fights in hallways. Overall nerfs in the form of negative effects, though some poo poo got reduced as well, the shared skills were all buffed, and more options to prevent ambush (instead of reduced chance to prevent as well!) are nice. Camping is safer and the buffs aren't nearly as long term. Think this finally kills the "camp asap" approach that was the only proper way to play.

Lot of buffs to marking, makes occultist even better than before. If it bleeds got a pretty crazy nerf to it, which makes hitting rank 3 kind of sucky for hellion now. Can't believe they did nothing to leper. Most of the nerfs are pretty expected.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
So the crusader now can't hit the back 2 ranks unless he's been knocked into the back ranks himself? Is there much point to taking him over a MAA or even leper now?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Carcer posted:

So the crusader now can't hit the back 2 ranks unless he's been knocked into the back ranks himself? Is there much point to taking him over a MAA or even leper now?

you can still use guys like G-Robber, Hwayman and Hellion to do movement based skills to move Crusader back. Just use Lunges and now Breakthrough, it could still work.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Second mission, The Collector. First time ever seeing him.

I see how it is game.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Personalized Trinkets Coming Later this Week!
Hello backers!

Originally we hoped to have your custom equippable trinkets in place for today's launch. Despite some very late night heroics, we couldn't finish all 400+ trinkets without jeopardizing the game's stability this morning.

We are working hard on them, and plan to get them in later this week. Stay tuned for updates, and thank you for your understanding. This remains extremely high priority for us!

For any questions, please email backersupport@redhookgames.com

--The Darkest Dungeon Team

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

willing to settle posted:

What sorts of changes do people think would be warranted to bring them up to par?
Dunno about the rest the folks here, but I think I'll be adding a prot debuff to the Leper's attacks, since he's supposed to be good at exactly one thing: brute force grinding the dudes in front, and those usually have some kind of prot bonus.

I think the Jester will get a mark effect added to solo, and I might replace his -stress camping skills with +crit

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

MacheteZombie posted:

I'd be careful dropping the names right now. Isn't there a concern that the heroes/items will be one time use only?

Eh, I already checked out the dude on an existing save ( http://i.imgur.com/1ViEMl8.png ), and they never said any of it was globally unique, so I'll just whine if it locks me out.

Also, http://steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions/0/458605613388496326/

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
So apparently you can only send heroes down into the darkest dungeon once

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RubberBands Hurt posted:

Eh, I already checked out the dude on an existing save ( http://i.imgur.com/1ViEMl8.png ), and they never said any of it was globally unique, so I'll just whine if it locks me out.

Oh okay cool, that's pretty awesome and makes wish I had threw some bones at DD back in the day.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

AegisP posted:

Second mission, The Collector. First time ever seeing him.

I see how it is game.

i met the Collector for the first time earlier today, and managed to surprise him

all he did was summon some spectral vestals, who spent all their time healing each other before i beat him down to 1hp and blighted him to death. my dudes never took a scratch

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The Collector is a huge rear end in a top hat or total pushover depending on if you get a chance to stun him before he summons/he summons useless formations. He can't really threaten your party without at least one highwayman head. He's still really annoying on level 5 missions, though I discovered if you run from him his encounter can change into a normal enemy one when you engage again.

I'm sad he doesn't have a head for every class, and also that the heads aren't named after dead heroes. I guess they couldn't come up with more head puns.

Operant posted:

So apparently you can only send heroes down into the darkest dungeon once

I though the gimmick was that you could only send them in with no option for retreat, so its fight until you win or die.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Carcer posted:

He has both a heal and a stress heal. Leper only has self-recovery moves and MaA has none.

Also, being able to launch himself from the back ranks still gives him a huge leg up over the leper.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

RubberBands Hurt posted:

Well, there you go then. I'll not bother with the item now, but my hero's Hextilda, a Plague Doctor (Irrepressible/Unyielding positive, Love Interest negative).

And, gently caress the Hag. Seriously. Even the cannon is more fun to me - boring or not, at least its mechanic is controllable and not unnecessarily dickish.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

The Collector is a huge rear end in a top hat or total pushover depending on if you get a chance to stun him before he summons/he summons useless formations. He can't really threaten your party without at least one highwayman head. He's still really annoying on level 5 missions, though I discovered if you run from him his encounter can change into a normal enemy one when you engage again.

I've had him roll 3 highwaymen and that's probably the worst lineup he can produce. they killed my level 5 abom at the end of a quest to make him level 6!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

So can you still get the level 5 boss trinkets if you've already completed the fight or are people who have already done those fights S.O.L.?

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Found a Secret Room just now. They show up when you get a critical scouting chance and appear as yellow star marking on the map. There's nothing to click on, but if you press W while on that tile of the map you'll enter a room with a chest. If you have a key, you can open the chest to get some valuable items. Mine had two Puzzling Trapezohedrons (jewels that sell for 2500) and a Very Rare trinket.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Oh poo poo. You can actually assault the Darkest Dungeon from the word go.

N-Not that I want to. I just... saw it was open.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

Oh poo poo. You can actually assault the Darkest Dungeon from the word go.

N-Not that I want to. I just... saw it was open.

Do it. Report back.....

If you dare.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Does the Darkest Dungeon have to level up like the other dungeons?

and is there an answer to this:

Time_pants posted:

So can you still get the level 5 boss trinkets if you've already completed the fight or are people who have already done those fights S.O.L.?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Darkest Dungeon AGDQ 2016 will feature a Darkest Dungeon run with level 1 Reynauld and Dismas.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
looks like you can retreat from the darkest dungeon, but one person's gotta die holding the line while everyone else cheeses it

Sephuran
Nov 12, 2011

Darkest Dungeon loving destroyed my A-team, beware

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Innerguard posted:

Do it. Report back.....

If you dare.

Fuuuuuuuuck that. At least not with Reynauld and Dismas... both of whom need to be alive for one of the new cheev's. I'm assuming I can't just rename them.

Fake Edit: Speaking of cheev's, another one is basically "Send a fresh team into the Darkest Dungeon".

widespread fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 19, 2016

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Fukken Leper's breastplate looks like titties what the gently caress is this bullshit.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Whoah, I haven't touched this game since it was in early access over a year ago. It looks pretty nice.

I'm guessing that if a minion gets too overburdened with mental afflictions or whatnot, it's safer to just dismiss them than suffer their mental damage?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Was there always this weird hitching whenever a battle is finished? Game performance seems down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Whoah, there's a class that's basically a werewolf with all his skills unlocked from the start now?

Looks like the only downside to using him in beast mode is it stresses out a bunch of people and certain zealous class members refuse to work with him.