Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

BlindSite posted:

gently caress rooting for the cards because of Fitzgerald, root for the Panthers because of Thomas Davis dude fought through hell to get back to being a player, this season he dislocated his finger disengaging from a block, popped that bitch back in place and made a tackle. Larry had his shot and blew it.

Carolina heel turn starts here, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

MechaFrogzilla posted:

It's even worse in baseball. Nearly every team is some combination of red or blue.

Well, we have another 10 years, maybe Turn Ahead the Clock could still happen?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chichevache posted:

Carolina heel turn starts here, folks.

Larry Fitzgerald is a bad guy who got a pass on a domestic violence incident because the NFL didn't care about that stuff in 2008 or whenever

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

Larry Fitzgerald is a bad guy who got a pass on a domestic violence incident because the NFL didn't care about that stuff in 2008 or whenever

Jerry Richardson owns the Carolina Cam's and the only way he could be happier is if he didn't have to pay them and could have them working his plantation in the offseason. And if he won a super bowl. You don't want him to be happy, do you?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

Larry Fitzgerald is a guy who did a lovely bad thing in 2008, went through the legal process, and has been a model citizen since?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Qwijib0 posted:

Larry Fitzgerald is a guy who did a lovely bad thing in 2008, went through the legal process, and has been a model citizen since?

Same could be said for Ben Roethlisberger.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

sean10mm posted:

Same could be said for Ben Roethlisberger.

Hmm, yes, a man accused of rape twice is absolutely in the same camp as a man who retaliated viciously in a custody dispute wanting to spend more time with his son.

edit:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Dude, you have found yourself in the position of arguing domestic abuse is not really as bad as rape and I think you need to take a moment a really reflect on the decisions you have made that lead you here.

Not my intent, I thought I was being more nuanced than that.

and this is the farthouse, so I'm done.

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 19, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Qwijib0 posted:

Hmm, yes, a man accused of rape twice is absolutely in the same camp as a man who retaliated viciously in a custody dispute wanting to spend more time with his son.

Dude, you have found yourself in the position of arguing domestic abuse is not really as bad as rape and I think you need to take a moment a really reflect on the decisions you have made that lead you here.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Larry Fitzgerald is cool and good and hosed up but is still cool and good

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Quoth the Broncos Steelers fan... You ROOT for a rapist every Sunday, maybe let someone else throw stones?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chichevache posted:

Jerry Richardson owns the Carolina Cam's and the only way he could be happier is if he didn't have to pay them and could have them working his plantation in the offseason. And if he won a super bowl. You don't want him to be happy, do you?

I don't actually care about larry fitzgerald or the panthers :haw:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I don't actually care about larry fitzgerald or the panthers :haw:

Me neither! :haw::hf::iamafag: I choose who to root for based entirely on how I feel about the respective fanbases on tff. All bird bros are cool, so are Dolfans. Steelers own. Niners are pretty cool.

Panthers are on warning.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Me neither! :haw::hf::iamafag: I choose who to root for based entirely on how I feel about the respective fanbases on tff. All bird bros are cool, so are Dolfans. Steelers own. Niners are pretty cool.

Panthers are on warning.

My favorite fanbases in TFF are in no particular order:

Dolphins, Cards, Saints, and Patriots (I know right?)

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Dolfans are definitely the best group of posters, not a bad one among them, even though AAA probably hates PantsFreeZone

The Bengals posters are also good, because unlike other positive posters you can always detect the undercurrent of despair

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Bengals and Browns are tied for me.

Seahawks fans as a collective are fun, individually though they are awful.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Febreeze posted:

The Dolfans are definitely the best group of posters, not a bad one among them, even though AAA probably hates PantsFreeZone

The Bengals posters are also good, because unlike other positive posters you can always detect the undercurrent of despair

Bengals posters remind me of someone putting on a happy face despite being at a really uncomfortable wedding where they despise everyone.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Bengals and Browns are tied for me.

Seahawks fans as a collective are fun, individually though they are awful.

Imagine I made a funny joke about you being great for a Broncos fan but mediocre for a Steelers fan.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

you're all my favorite fanbase

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Imagine I made a funny joke

Ok let me try

*brain melts*

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Seahawks posters were cooler back when Chiche was in his rookie year. He's really gone through a slump since letting Parm and then Panthers fans get into his head and has really lost a step overall.

Draft bust if I ever saw one.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Epi Lepi posted:

Seahawks posters were cooler back when Chiche was in his rookie year. He's really gone through a slump since letting Parm and then Panthers fans get into his head and has really lost a step overall.

Draft bust if I ever saw one.

RIP Wheez.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

At some point, any thoughtful sports fan has to make peace with the fact that every fandom (yes, even yours) would root for Adolf Hitler if "The Dolf" played at a Hall of Fame level for their team.

FARTHOUSE: Needs more Godwin

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ok let me try

*brain melts*

John Lennon was going to put that in the song but he thought a world without any religion was more believable instead

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SirPhoebos posted:

At some point, any thoughtful sports fan has to make peace with the fact that every fandom (yes, even yours) would root for Adolf Hitler if "The Dolf" played at a Hall of Fame level for their team.

I personally would

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I feel like we're being ridiculous if we let one bad thing that Fitz did 8 years ago define him as a person. Apparently being remorseful and second chances are dead here, sheesh. There is a huge difference between him and Big Ben, who was a fuckhead on more than one occasion.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SirPhoebos posted:

What position does he play? This is important.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ironically enough, i like all the cardinals posters here :v: bird gang bitch

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kirios posted:

I feel like we're being ridiculous if we let one bad thing that Fitz did 8 years ago define him as a person. Apparently being remorseful and second chances are dead here, sheesh. There is a huge difference between him and Big Ben, who was a fuckhead on more than one occasion.

Ray Rice only hit his wife once too

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Alaois posted:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Kirios posted:

Don't you know? Once you do a bad thing you are automatically a bad person forever and ever.

At this point every once in a while I see someone bring up the Larry thing and it just feels like that person is trying to feel morally superior to others because he hasn't been blinded by all the good, he knows a real shithead when he sees one. Larry did a bad thing and from the evidence presented has done everything right since. He's a model of class as a player and outside this one moment, as a person. Maybe Larry is secretly a shithead, but until we have more evidence outside something he did during a heated custody argument Im willing to give him a pass and think he made a mistake that he's tried his best to overcome.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And I hate to say it but he's been a model citizen since as well. He hasn't shied away from his action. Remember even in all that mess the NFL still managed to come out looking worse. Very different from Adrian "I didn't do anything wrong I'm a victim for beating my child's nuts bloody" Peterson

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 19, 2016

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Time will heal that wound. I think it's ridiculous how the NFL tried to act like they actually gave a poo poo though.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Alaois posted:

It's really awkward mad-hating on the Colts when their fans are all so nice.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Don't you know? Once you do a bad thing you are automatically a bad person forever and ever.

At this point every once in a while I see someone bring up the Larry thing and it just feels like that person is trying to feel morally superior to others because he hasn't been blinded by all the good, he knows a real shithead when he sees one. Larry did a bad thing and from the evidence presented has done everything right since. He's a model of class as a player and outside this one moment, as a person. Maybe Larry is secretly a shithead, but until we have more evidence outside something he did during a heated custody argument Im willing to give him a pass and think he made a mistake.

I am split, because on one hand I agree with you that a person can do terrible things and feel sorry they did it and genuinely reflect and become a better person from it, and that it is lovely to morally grandstand about a person who has consciously acknowledged his mistakes and become a better person.

But on the other hand, its also hosed up to be like "Yeah, but he only beat his wife once"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It has been really easy for me to not hit my wife in the ten years I've known her, but then again I am superior to most human beings

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

let's talk about FARTS again

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ehud you continue to be a Dolphins fan. I think that more than anything shows you to be a reprehensible human being that shows no remorse for your actions.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am split, because on one hand I agree with you that a person can do terrible things and feel sorry they did it and genuinely reflect and become a better person from it, and that it is lovely to morally grandstand about a person who has consciously acknowledged his mistakes and become a better person.

But on the other hand, its also hosed up to be like "Yeah, but he only beat his wife once"

Frank Clark only beat his girlfriend once, but the stain of being a Seahawk will never wash off. :sigh:

Probably Magic posted:

It's really awkward mad-hating on the Colts when their fans are all so nice.

Good news! I read a racist facebook post by a Colts fan once, so you can hate them all as a group now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I really wish New England had brought in Rice. How long is one guy supposed to be out of work because of a mistake he's long atoned for.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

Ehud you continue to be a Dolphins fan. I think that more than anything shows you to be a reprehensible human being that shows no remorse for your actions.

He doesn't beat his wife because he beats himself up

SAYS THE BUCS FAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

NC-17 posted:

I really wish New England had brought in Rice. How long is one guy supposed to be out of work because of a mistake he's long atoned for.

I mean he also sucked the last season he played

• Locked thread