Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah seriously being a Dolphins fan is like an abusive relationship except we are the victims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Chichevache posted:

Good news! I read a racist facebook post by a Colts fan once, so you can hate them all as a group now.

I meant TFF fans obviously. I lived in Southern Indiana long enough to know that's not the norm.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

No Safe Word posted:

I mean he also sucked the last season he played

Have you seen Steven Jackson?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am split, because on one hand I agree with you that a person can do terrible things and feel sorry they did it and genuinely reflect and become a better person from it, and that it is lovely to morally grandstand about a person who has consciously acknowledged his mistakes and become a better person.

But on the other hand, its also hosed up to be like "Yeah, but he only beat his wife once"

I do wish Larry had paid for his action a little more than he did. He suffered no PR hit, no punishment from the league whatsoever. Too many people don't actually know about it. But it was what, like 8 years ago? It's hard to get real mad about it now when he's been better since.

Also I don't think it's either or. I'm not saying "yeah he only beat his wife once" it's more that "He made a mistake but it shouldn't define him"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Safe Word posted:

I mean he also sucked the last season he played

Chris Johnson had a decent career resurgence after time off and a new system. I think the Pats could probably have found a way to make Rice work. Of course he seems to be blacklisted at this point so it is all irrelevant.

Does anyone else remember when I was advocating for him to get a second chance last year?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Does anyone else remember when I was advocating for him to get a second chance last year?

You're doing this wrong. You don't earnestly ask if someone remembers - you ask the question rhetorically and with a sneer so as to castigate the whole of "TFF" for not being as smart as you.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

I meant TFF fans obviously. I lived in Southern Indiana long enough to know that's not the norm.

You poor soul :sympathy:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

You're all basically good posters, regardless of teams.

Although I feel the worse your team are, the funnier your posts tend to be. Titans fans in particular have a hilarious brand of nihilism.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ok let me try

*brain melts*

See, this is what central PA does to someone's brain.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Ehud posted:

let's talk about FARTS again

Yes. Let's.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Flikken posted:

See, this is what central PA does to someone's brain.

Speaking of which whats the word on that

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yeah seriously being a fan of any team in Florida is like an abusive relationship except we are the victims

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Speaking of which whats the word on that

Had 2 interviews, waiting on word, pretty good chance it is a go :shepspends:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Flikken posted:

Had 2 interviews, waiting on word, pretty good chance it is a go :shepspends:

Nice, I think? Let me know.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Ehud posted:

let's talk about FARTS again

Ok.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Ray Rice could beat every woman he sees for the rest of his life and I'd take him over Melvin Gordon

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

Ray Rice could beat every woman he sees for the rest of his life and I'd take him over Melvin Gordon

For some reason this made me laugh a lot

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Ross Angeles posted:

Dude, your team made a bad draft pick. That's no reason to say something that stupid.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Fenrir posted:

Dude, your team made a bad draft pick. That's no reason to say something that stupid.

I don't have to personally interact with either of them and Ray Rice is a better running back so I don't personally care.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

I don't have to personally interact with either of them and Ray Rice is a better running back so I don't personally care.

*lights a flavoured cigarillo*
"some men just like to see the world burn"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Melvin Gordon is a better player in 2015 as a rookie than Ray Rice was when he last played two seasons ago though so idgi

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Nice, I think? Let me know.

Will do, will I get murdered for being the only guy at the bar asking for one of the TVs to be on Browns/Ohio State game?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Flikken posted:

Will do, will I get murdered for being the only guy at the bar asking for one of the TVs to be on Browns/Ohio State game?

Haha you have no loving clue

Prepare to get Penn State/Steelers fandom shoved up your rear end with a big loving hose

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Haha you have no loving clue

Prepare to get Penn State/Steelers fandom shoved up your rear end with a big loving hose

So buy a bunch of Ohio State gear, go to the bar on Saturday and get Sunday ticket for Sunday?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Flikken posted:

So buy a bunch of Ohio State gear, go to the bar on Saturday and get Sunday ticket for Sunday?

Honestly the Ohio State gear will get you in trouble more than the Browns gear.

But legit no one will actually give a gently caress so you should be fine.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Melvin Gordon is a better player in 2015 as a rookie than Ray Rice was when he last played two seasons ago though so idgi

Fresh legs.

Compared to useless legs.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

You coulda had TJ Yeldon

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Fenrir posted:

Lol welcome to something awful you baby

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

More like

Something

Sensitive

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I viciously hate a man I can barely remember playing simply because he had the gall to not be Dan Marino.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

JT Jag posted:

More like

Something

Sensitive

but does ray rice carry a kirpan?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

You're all basically good posters, regardless of teams.

Although I feel the worse your team are, the funnier your posts tend to be. Titans fans in particular have a hilarious brand of nihilism.

Goddamn right we do

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chichevache posted:

Me neither! :haw::hf::iamafag: I choose who to root for based entirely on how I feel about the respective fanbases on tff. All bird bros are cool, so are Dolfans. Steelers own. Niners are pretty cool.

Panthers are on warning.

Based on TFF posters, the Cards are cool, but on the other hand, gently caress Arizona (the State).

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

effectual posted:

Based on TFF posters, the Cards are cool, but on the other hand, gently caress Arizona (the State).

No qualms there. AZ sucks, except for how inexpensive it is to live here. :/

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I need to stop making animated monstrosities

http://uproxx.com/sports/nfl-playoffs-2015-championships/

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I feel like John Elway was born to be a Denver Bronco.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

JPrime posted:

No qualms there. AZ sucks, except for how inexpensive it is to live here. :/

The physical land is amazing, but The State, yeah.

(free baja arizona)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kirios posted:

I feel like John Elway was born to be a Denver Bronco.

It's convenient when you can have one guy be both the GM and the mascot... or as it used to be, the QB and mascot.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

effectual posted:

Stop sending your racist parents here to die and it might improve!!!! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ramadu posted:

Stop sending your racist parents here to die and it might improve!!!! :argh:

That's what Florida was made for, after all. Boca Raton is nothing BUT racist retirees!

Arizona is cool because Desert Football is second only to Snow Football.

• Locked thread