Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

How has this not been called "watergate" yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

BonHair posted:

How has this not been called "watergate" yet?

Too on the nose... Let's try FaucetGhazi?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

WaterGate 2 : Snyder Says BooHoo

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bass Bottles posted:

This just isn't true, though.

Working for a coal company is probably not that similar to working for a solar panel company or windfarm. The skills aren't really transferable. And you're also assuming that the new energy companies will be built anywhere near the old coal mines.

A couple years ago I visited a small mining town that had basically been thrown into poverty when the mine closed. The entire town was based around that mine, and no one was able just transition to a new position at a windfarm or whatever. These are poor working class people with children and large extended families/support systems, sometime divorces, who can't just pack up and move away.

Like, it's easy to dismiss them as dumb hicks who think global warming is a lie because they're gullible, but these are actually people whose lives are ruined by stuff like this. It's not cut and dry positive progress. You are throwing people under the bus, whatever you do.

Yeah, the best thing would be to have a plan to replace the jobs lost by closing a coal plant, or to allow for movement to other places - both of these would require some sort of government investment. You'd be very hard pressed to find a group of lawmakers that would be willing to pass a budget that would include what would basically be a "save a town" fund.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rorus Raz posted:

ANY loving DAY NOW

Ah yes, the "I don't know what anyone in Iran looks like so I'll just draw a fatter Jafar" caricature.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sorensen on Trump's weird Hitler Youth thing

I'm a big fan of the Li'l Brownshirts :allears:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

loquacius posted:

How many avs/thread titles can be crammed into a single comic!?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

loquacius posted:

Oh God is this real?

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh God is this real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRfP_TEQ-g

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

alnilam posted:

Hello I'd like to complain, my 2016 calendar starts the week on Saturdays??

it's a scathing indictment of the us education system that leaves kids and cartoonists unable to add seven to numbers

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

:stonk:

Holy poo poo.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

loquacius posted:

Donald Trump: not a fan of Firefly

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh God is this real?
It's about as real as Trump is...

This song makes my eyes twitch. They literally use the word ameritude.
But scariest of their words have to be president Trump.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

[✓] wrapped in a flag
[✓ ] carrying a cross

E: VVVVVV

Humboldt Squid fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 19, 2016

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Humboldt Squid posted:

[✓] wrapped in a flag
[_ ] carrying a cross

Dunno how to tell you this but Trump calls for Christian unity at Liberty U

"'Other religions, frankly, they’re banding together,' he says. 'We have to unify.'"

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Chewbaccanator posted:

"'Other religions, frankly, they’re banding together,' he says. 'We have to unify.'"

Is he referring to Islam because I think the Shia being targeted for genocide by the Wahhabists would have something to say about that.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Starshark posted:

Is he referring to Islam because I think the Shia being targeted for genocide by the Wahhabists would have something to say about that.

The people he's speaking to don't know what those words mean and wouldn't care if they did

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Chewbaccanator posted:

I look forward to Trump speaking out for the American Episcopal Church who's getting censured by the other, non-American members of the Anglican Union for allowing gay marriage.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

alnilam posted:

Hello I'd like to complain, my 2016 calendar starts the week on Saturdays??

The 20th is a Wednesday.

e: toons

Technowolf fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 19, 2016

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

I was dead certain this was some kind of clever greenscreen thing when I first saw it and it took a while to convince me it was actually real

If it was in a movie I would call it a clever but maybe a bit on-the-nose critique of the current state of US politics

but it's real

it's real

it's real :suicide:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well, gently caress. This has finally convinced me that there's no end to Trump's insanity. He'll always find a way to top himself. Always.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
So, I know it's bad behavior to come into this thread and announce bad news and then bitch and moan about what the cartoons are going to look like because you know they'll be terrible.

But is it okay to do the opposite?

Because Sarah Palin just endorsed Donald Trump, and I literally, un-ironically cannot wait to see how every cartoonist, from Bagely to Lester, responds to this.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I'm fairly sure that this would jam anyway.

Eschers Basement posted:

So, I know it's bad behavior to come into this thread and announce bad news and then bitch and moan about what the cartoons are going to look like because you know they'll be terrible.

Because Sarah Palin just endorsed Donald Trump, and I literally, un-ironically cannot wait to see how every cartoonist, from Bagely to Lester, responds to this.

Do stupid people still like her? I thought that died down at some point. And she fell into obscurity.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 19, 2016

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Technowolf posted:

The 20th is a Wednesday.

:doh: I assumed it was showing Monday, the federal MLK holiday

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Also, the cartoonist really, really, really has no idea how gears work

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

This is quite possibly the best Huckabee caricature I've ever seen.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Eschers Basement posted:

The problem is saying "gently caress this rear end in a top hat, not for what he did, but for the inevitable legislative bad cartoon response." Go nuts with predicting bad cartoons, just don't be more ghoulish than the cartoonists.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

alnilam posted:

Also, the cartoonist really, really, really has no idea how gears work

Bernie will energise the leftist base before bowing out, helping the DNC remove the "stuck cog" of low turnout in the general. An establishment comic.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Eschers Basement posted:

Trump/Palin 2016

That's what the last Republican ticket should be.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
The dancing girls at the Trump rally just makes me think of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP864oBWxeM

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Chewbaccanator posted:

The Buddislamic threat is upon us.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

A newly sworn-in President doesn't give a SOTU. He has to have a year in office first. So Trump's first SOTU would be in January 2018.

Of course, like Obama, he could speak before a joint session of Congress, but it would not be a SOTU. Obama had two pseudo-SOTUs in 2009, one in February about the economy and one in September about health care (that's the one where Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!")

William Bear fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 20, 2016

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Palin basically fleeced her followers and to this day they still think they're warm.

Nonetheless, her star power has faded since not running in 2012 (or 2016), so I wonder how meaningful her endorsement really can be. I know some hardliners know that Trump flirted with the democrats, even donating to Hillary!, but surely by now they realize that a failed VP canidate who abandoned her post halfway through her term isn't a great endorsement?

Who am I kidding :smith:

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Just one step closer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

As the next action will prove, Hillary does not have strings dictating her actions and has her own brain. A "watch the loving movie" Cartoon.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Rorus Raz posted:

Palin basically fleeced her followers and to this day they still think they're warm.

Nonetheless, her star power has faded since not running in 2012 (or 2016), so I wonder how meaningful her endorsement really can be. I know some hardliners know that Trump flirted with the democrats, even donating to Hillary!, but surely by now they realize that a failed VP canidate who abandoned her post halfway through her term isn't a great endorsement?

Better all that than compromise.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rorus Raz posted:

People said Palin had fallen when she gave a rambling offensive stream of consciousness speech.

Turns out she was just ahead of her time since that's basically been what catapulted Trump to the lead.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

How many avs/thread titles can be crammed into a single comic!?
A lot! Here are some quick-cuts of them.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

The Buddislamic threat is upon us.

Zensunni, surely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

I love that it took three movies for the mobile infantry to figure out digging trenches. :allears:

And they need Rico yelling at them to figure out how to form a firing line.

• Locked thread