Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I have been commanded to post my cat in this thread.

This is where he learned to hang out while I was playing Fallout 4 constantly.

His name is Sully and he is adorable and a buttface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I think they want to go outside

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

CherryCola posted:

FINALLY

Sully is one of my faves.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I am going to Home Depot today to get materials to construct an enclosed catio

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

CherryCola posted:

I am pleased i am not the only one who's computer desk serves as a makeup station too.

p.s your cat is a pretty kitty

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

CherryCola posted:

a quite endearing behavior among cats, to sit next to the monitor and stare at you. quite common as well. it's a way of saying "loving pet me you rear end in a top hat"

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Wait until they learn to sit on your keyboard while you're trying to use it. Bonus points if its a laptop.

I choose to find this behavior endearing personally. I'm a bad and over-indulgent cat daddy. :smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

beatlegs posted:

a quite endearing behavior among cats, to sit next to the monitor and stare at you. quite common as well. it's a way of saying "loving pet me you rear end in a top hat"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Klaus88 posted:

Wait until they learn to sit on your keyboard while you're trying to use it. Bonus points if its a laptop.

I choose to find this behavior endearing personally. I'm a bad and over-indulgent cat daddy. :smith:

shadow hasn't learned this, but has no problem walking across it even if it's easier or shorter to go around

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

the vet came for Sadie today and she's lost more weight. drew blood for bloodwork and said to feed her just about anything that would get her calories.

anyone got a particular food their cats go bonkers for? she seemed to like the chicken in gravy blue buffalo canned food I picked up for her to try

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I uh... used to let Cookie lick butter as a treat til he got real fat. :v:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shifty Pony posted:

the vet came for Sadie today and she's lost more weight. drew blood for bloodwork and said to feed her just about anything that would get her calories.

anyone got a particular food their cats go bonkers for? she seemed to like the chicken in gravy blue buffalo canned food I picked up for her to try

get her chicken nuggets, idiot.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

:wtc:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I love bun

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

bun has big opinions about your bad games

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

haha

"... STILL?"

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Shifty Pony posted:

Chicken of Tomorrow seemed to have success with feeding her cattery meats instead of cat food for pure calorie intake.

Wellness Core seems to be universally liked.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Just got a call from Charlie's owner. He's suffered a probable stroke, barely walks, and hasn't eaten in a while. They're taking him to be put to sleep tonight. She wanted to make sure I knew since I'm the only person aside from her that Charlie didn't hate with a violent passion.

RIP buddy. You were a good roommate.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
FYI ft warms is on sale at amazon right now for $21.87
http://www.amazon.com/Manufacturing-Thermo-Kitty-Small-16-Inch-Watts/dp/B00176F9AM

oh and have a gizmo pic i guess

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Golden-i posted:

Just got a call from Charlie's owner. He's suffered a probable stroke, barely walks, and hasn't eaten in a while. They're taking him to be put to sleep tonight. She wanted to make sure I knew since I'm the only person aside from her that Charlie didn't hate with a violent passion.

RIP buddy. You were a good roommate.
https://twitter.com/GalacticKeegan/status/687620005287084032

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

try cooking some unseasoned turkey or chicken breast. my cats always go nuts for turkey (not the deli kind - it's full of salt). or salmon

or just pick out several different brands of canned from the cat food aisle & see which ones she likes

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

:agreed:

hug cats every day

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

SynthOrange posted:

goon makes gooncat

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
dang. rip Charlie

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

:minnie:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

flyboi posted:

gizmo :kimchi:

charlie :(

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

a tail with a cat attached

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

" i may pee here "

RIP charlie :smith:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
He's been sickly for a long time, so I can't say that I haven't seen this coming. 13 is too young for a cat to go, but he still had a good life.

Gonna remember the good times, like when he put a neighbor in the hospital when she came to catsit because he didn't like her being on his turf. Good times...

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

flyboi posted:

Farecoal posted:

gizmo :kimchi:

charlie :(

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

RIP charlie :(

Echeveria posted:

And on that note, guys, I think Abel is a bad cat.

sounds like he's stressed/overstimulated. maybe he is just not cut out to be with other cats? sometimes cats don't work out for behavior reasons and that's okay. you shouldn't feel bad if you're considering rehoming him or anything. have you talked to a vet about his behavior issues?

Shifty Pony posted:

kitten milk has crazy calories

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Shifty Pony posted:

The boys go apeshit nuts for the feline dental food that we keep around as 'treats' from the vet, mainly because one nugget is insanely high in calories. They're like the deep-fried peanut butter cup twinkie donuts for cats, apparently.

Seriously watched Beans mug Moo-cow for one, so now they get them in separate rooms, just in case.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Radio! posted:

kitten milk has crazy calories

any kind of kitten food product will fatten your catten

rip charlie. pouring one out for the ones we've lost this year

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I hope things work out for Abel. He seems like a good cat.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
RIP Charlie :(

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

knee socks

flyboi posted:

FYI ft warms is on sale at amazon right now for $21.87
http://www.amazon.com/Manufacturing-Thermo-Kitty-Small-16-Inch-Watts/dp/B00176F9AM

yay

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Echeveria posted:

Funhilde, try giving them both (but mostly Elmer) theanine. You can get some cat treats with it, or you can just buy a bottle of capsules from a health food store and crack them in. The recommended dose is 25mg twice a day.

It's an anxiolytic that comes from green tea. Works well for stressed and angry kitties, in my experience.

And on that note, guys, I think Abel is a bad cat. I'm really stressed and I couldn't sleep at all last night. We re-isolated him a week ago to re do the introduction. He spent a week completely isolated, and this week we're putting up a grated barrier in the door while we're home to expose them to each other again. Then every night I try to let him out for an hour or two and isolate the other kitties. Sunday I night, Kitty was pawing to get out, so I thought maybe she needed to use the box. I let her out, and he ran up to her, sniffed her butt, then slapped her. I separated them again immediately, but that's the kind of behavior I'm getting from him. Last week Hek was loafing in the living room, and Abel cornered him twice and started beating on him.

Last night I was petting him, since he hadn't gotten much attention all day, and with no warning at all (no ears back, no tail flapping, no warning bite, mid purr) he flipped over, grabbed him arm and bit HARD. Not even a warning bite. What the hell man?

Not a bad cat, just sounds like he's jealous which is understandable. I had this problem introducing OC. Giz hated him, and I mean hated. And it was because up to that point giz had been #1 cat (as far as attention), and OC was suddenly getting a lot of attention from me. Giz viciously attacked him several times over about a year and a half, then the fights petered out, although they still exchanged dirty looks constantly. Giz wasn't/isn't a bad cat, he just feels he deserves a certain amount of attention and if that attention is being diverted to another cat, he gets mad. I had to give him more attention than usual from that point on and after the fights ran their course everything calmed down. That said, OC was a big cat who could handle himself (although he was completely gentle & non-aggressive by nature).