Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Endbuster posted:

What you build on it. I heard some people saying its a pile of poo poo. Glad to hear it might be good.

It's going to be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Number19 posted:

It should play when you're below 10% health

All the quirks for the mech kick in at 10%

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pattonesque posted:

patch has these mechs 35% off:

Adder
Atlas
Awesome
Cataphract
Centurion
Cicada
Dragon
Jenner
Locust
Mad Dog
Nova
Warhawk

Hell yeah, I can finish my Adder collection!

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Washout posted:

Also I just thought up the best thing ever. If we ever stomp another team 12-0 in an all goon group we need to record the match and then give the last enemy player the death star achievement.

You can try, that enemy will most certainly have only LRMs and run out of ammo. #justpubthings

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

whatcha using on it

Endbuster posted:

What you build on it. I heard some people saying its a pile of poo poo. Glad to hear it might be good.

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm excited to get home from work today to try mine out. Glad to hear it's not a huge and complete pile of poo poo.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=384&l=704a7721ec25b236815866e273a2c93a3c855620

This is my jump right in, spend zero cbills build on it. It's hot but it hurts people.

ghost edit :

I walked across a firing line my first game with it under combined fire of five mechs, proceeded to murder a Ebon Jag, shut down, and survived the game with 30% health.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Washout posted:

Little 5 dollar packs with skins and stupid warhorns would sell like crazy. How does PGI not see any of this stuff. Also I still am waiting for my police skin for my urbanmech.

Only if they can get approval to use the "Police Squad" theme for a warhorn.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

So, wow, the LPL Shadow Cat is just an amazing murder machine :stare: Low profile, high mounted hardpoints and ECM make it amazing at constantly poking without attracting attention, and the great speed and jumpjets always get me to the right place at the right time.

Just for funsies though I put a targeting computer in it since it's my very first clan mech, and uh, didn't notice much of a difference except I ran hotter since I had to drop heatsinks for it. Saw some targeting comp. shaming posts above too, so are they ever a good idea?

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Reztes posted:

Just for funsies though I put a targeting computer in it since it's my very first clan mech, and uh, didn't notice much of a difference except I ran hotter since I had to drop heatsinks for it. Saw some targeting comp. shaming posts above too, so are they ever a good idea?

Difficult to measure. The added range for lasers is pretty meh, but the boosted critical chance should be great, only there isn't a reliable way to measure the impact in game, and stats like criticals achieved aren't available anywhere.

If you are noticing the heat penalty, then it may be bettere to keep the heatsink. Sometimes, it's possible to be crit locked and not tonnage locked, in which case adding the targeting computer is a no-brainer.

For instance, this build is crit locked, but has some tonnage to spare. We can tune it a bit to get a tonnage and crit locked build, like so. I've played both of these, and I barely notice the 1 heatsink difference, but I also barely notice the Mk II targeting computer benefit, so which one is better is really up to personal feel.

EoRaptor fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 19, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Pattonesque posted:

35% off Locust

Oh poo poo. Time to spend $1.8 million spacebucks to finish out my Locust collection. Other than the 1V and the pirate's bane, which one(s) are good passable?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oh poo poo. Time to spend $1.8 million spacebucks to finish out my Locust collection. Other than the 1V and the pirate's bane, which one(s) are good passable?

The -1M gets 50% energy range and 25% cooldown/heat/duration bonuses.

Stick an ER Large on it with appropriate modules and enjoy your 1096-m optimum range lightsaber

If you happen to get Alpine you are basically immortal

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Washout posted:

Also I just thought up the best thing ever. If we ever stomp another team 12-0 in an all goon group we need to record the match and then give the last enemy player the death star achievement.

yesss

MY LIFE FOR ALLAH

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain
Just getting back into the game after quitting shortly before the clan mechs hit. Managed to snag the timberwolf and arctic cheetah when they were on sale a week or two back and wouldn't mind grabbing an assault to round out my collection.

Is the warhawk a worthwhile investment with the current sale or am I better off just grinding the direwolf?

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Bored Grunt posted:

Just getting back into the game after quitting shortly before the clan mechs hit. Managed to snag the timberwolf and arctic cheetah when they were on sale a week or two back and wouldn't mind grabbing an assault to round out my collection.

Is the warhawk a worthwhile investment with the current sale or am I better off just grinding the direwolf?

I did Direwolves, and they carry a spectacular amount of firepower. If I were gonna get another clan assault it would be the Executioner. It looks cool, has MASC, and carries a god hand. I will agree with the person below me... Battlemasters are the best assaults right now. If you're doing groupp play though, multiple Atlas's can just bully their way to victory.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Bored Grunt posted:

dire wolves are hard to pilot and are almost totally worthless without elites and modules . you're looking at 70-100m cbills to do that. warhawks have pretty much have one good build and are meh overall. right now, battlemasters and banshees are probably the best assaults with pimped out dire wolves also being up there

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Pattonesque posted:

Adder
Atlas
Awesome
Cataphract
Centurion
Cicada
Dragon
Jenner
Locust
Mad Dog
Nova
Warhawk

Sweet, cheap ghost dad!

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

PoptartsNinja posted:

Patton is right about the M. A single ER large is fantastic on it. Also, this might be one of the few IS builds that allows you to skip the double heat sinks.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
The new map has a bunch of floating layers and rocks and I hate it and it's gross.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Pattonesque posted:

:words:
Nova
:words:

praise the sun

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Play a stock nova prime and you too can be so grossly incandescent.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sarmhan posted:

Play a stock nova prime and you too can be so grossly incandescent.

Nova with 12 SPL, warhorn that shrieks NEEEEED HUGGGGSS when an enemy robot is within 250 meters.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Reztes posted:

So, wow, the LPL Shadow Cat is just an amazing murder machine :stare: Low profile, high mounted hardpoints and ECM make it amazing at constantly poking without attracting attention, and the great speed and jumpjets always get me to the right place at the right time.

:chord: add another one to the list of converts

https://mwomercs.com/news/2016/01/1462-snowfall-sale-35-off-mc-cbills-select-mechs-patterns-colors

god drat it, pgi. putting colors on sale or selling a color pack is exactly what i have been talking about as the one thing you could do to make me most likely to give you money.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 19, 2016

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

I'm the glitched beer stein that emits 10,000 lumens in a swamp.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

lwoodio posted:

I'm the glitched beer stein that emits 10,000 lumens in a swamp.

Cold fusion is a hosed up thing.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Reztes posted:

If you're above 45 percent cooling efficiency and have tonnage to spare/filled up all your weapon hardpoints you might as well toss a mk.1 computer in.

The Shadowcat is an amazing murder machine against the deaf, blind, and retarded. Its made of tissue paper and once you start climbing the tiers people are going to catch onto your poo poo and deny you the opportunity to snipe. Enjoy it while it lasts, cause it is super fun when you're playing idiots.

I had to 1v1 a shadowcat at the end of a match on HPG manifold. I went basement and chilled out until he had to come down and fight on my terms. He died.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

Adder
Atlas
Awesome
Cataphract
Centurion
Cicada
Dragon
Jenner
Locust
Mad Dog
Nova
Warhawk

:rip: everyone who bought Cicadas after getting the event one, I guess. Also congrats to the one dude who wanted a Nova sale.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
thx breh

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Endbuster posted:

If you're above 45 percent cooling efficiency and have tonnage to spare/filled up all your weapon hardpoints you might as well toss a mk.1 computer in.

This.

Generally you're going to be tossing a mk.1 in your heavier mechs that have tonnage and slots leftover. You shouldn't be pulling out useful stuff to make one fit.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Here's what I did with my WHM-7S

I haven't messed with the engine, because it seems pretty "zippy" enough with the stock engine it comes with.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Stringbean posted:

Here's what I did with my WHM-7S

I haven't messed with the engine, because it seems pretty "zippy" enough with the stock engine it comes with.

Yeah I did the exact same thing
engine a bit bigger though

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Just played that new map, and it is not for brawlers. Just a big flat LRM and ECMsniper paradise.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Christ, I think I want to play this game again. I played for a few months in the open beta and it was p. poo poo.

Can I get an invite to WoL? ign is: Businesstrout

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hixson posted:

Christ, I think I want to play this game again. I played for a few months in the open beta and it was p. poo poo.

Can I get an invite to WoL? ign is: Businesstrout

flick me a friend invite, same IGN as here

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Has the rescale gone through yet? I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Bait and Swatch posted:

Just played that new map, and it is not for brawlers. Just a big flat LRM and ECMsniper paradise.

Just had my first match on it as well and I don't think it's that bad. It feels like a good balace, there were enough dips in the terrain for me to get within LPL range of the enemy in my Mauler. Seemed like a really good mix of viable ranges, although if you have low mounted weapons it's hard to do much at first. There is a pretty major lack of LRM cover, but the terrain undulates so much that breaking lock should be really easy anyway which might be a good thing to aim for in balancing LRM gameplay going forward?

Only one month until the Rifleman! :yum:
I get the feeling I'm the only one here looking forward to it, though. A leaner Jagermech that I assume goes faster the same speed for just one usable ton less after mounting the engine, looks cooler, and I really hope the hero version has a mix of LL and LB10-X quirks because that would be a fun way to play the game.

Sard fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 20, 2016

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I gave in and got the Black Widow. Then I put 4 AC2s on that thing. :swoon:

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
drat, those Locusts are cheap.
Dragons are still pretty bad, right?
Mad dogs? Warhawks?

What's a ghost dad?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

PoptartsNinja posted:

Has the rescale gone through yet? I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes.

Not yet. You might hear more in the February Roadmap or at the town hall later this month.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Tujague posted:

Mad dogs? Warhawks?

What's a ghost dad?

Bad, OK, and OK.

Ghost Dad is an Atas-D-DC. It is called that because it has ECM and you follow it like you would your dad

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Ghost dad sacrifices himself so that his children may live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Tujague posted:

Mad dogs? Warhawks?

What's a ghost dad?

Vultures and Masakaris are a great way to throw away millions of cbills on trash.

• Locked thread