Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notbrant
Jul 1, 2003
Seeking advice for finalizing my Standard deck for GP Oakland.

Esper Dragons
26 lands(happy with mana base)

1 DL Dromoka
3 DL Ojutai
2 DL Silumgar
4 Flippy Jaces

4 duress
2 crux of fate
4 dig through time
1 painful truths
2 utter end
3 ultimate price
1 complete disregard
4 Silumgar scourn
3 foul tongue invocation

SB:
2 transgress the mind
1 languish
2 infinite obliteration
1 ultimate price
2 hallowed moonlight
2 dragonlord perogative
1 dispel
1 taisigur
3 arashin clerics

I feel my worst match ups are ramp and rally which is why the transgress, obliteration and hallowed moonlights are in. Moonlight also helps me against the Mardu tokens decks I've been coming across.

Any thoughts?

I don't have mentors and haven't really used them online and have still been successful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So, BR Devoid looks like it could be a thing in Standard now.

4 Reaver Drone
2 Sludge Crawler
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Bearer of Silence
3 Hangarback Walker
4 Flayer Drone
4 Wasteland Stranger
4 Dust Stalker

Seems like an okay start. Soft as hell to sweepers, though...

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think there's some chance you "splash" colorless in that deck to give you some good creatures (eg Eldrazi Obligator) and Eldrazi Charm to counter sweepers.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Eternal Command and Knight of the Reliquary mashed together:

Deck: Cryptic Coralhelm
//Creatures
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Noble Hierarch
4 Knight of the Reliquary
4 Kitchen Finks
1 Glen Elendra Archmage
1 Courser of Kruphix
4 Eternal Witness

//Spells
4 Cryptic Command
4 Retreat to Coralhelm
3 Commune with the Gods
4 Path to Exile

//Lands
1 Forest
4 Flooded Strand
1 Yavimaya Coast
3 Hallowed Fountain
4 Windswept Heath
1 Plains
4 Breeding Pool
1 Island
1 Gavony Township
2 Hinterland Harbor
1 Rogue's Passage

//Sideboard
3 Aven Mindcensor
1 Bojuka Bog
3 Scavenging Ooze
3 Mana Leak
3 Stony Silence
2 Loxodon Smiter

Display deck statistics

As opposed to my usual theorycrafting I put my money where my mouth is and have been playing this deck in leagues. I've gone 3-2 a bunch which is good for me because I'm a terrible player.

I've been really enjoying it, this deck has so much value - most cards are a 2-for-1, all the combo cards are good on their own. The worst card in the deck is Retreat to Coralhelm, and even then it's rarely dead. Perhaps 4 is too many though. I swapped out Serum Visions for the Communes because it was competing for the turn 1 play and I don't feel like not being able to hit lands is that big of a deal. The Courser and Archmage are pretty greedy and probably should just be swapped out for main deck Leaks.

The manabase is...difficult needing GG on turn 2 and UUU on turn 3. Certainly I followed the guide on CF but there's usually quite a lot of damage from your lands and you lose hard to Blood Moon. I want to put in some Flooded Groves but I'm not sure how many - most twin decks usually play one Cascade Bluffs right, but I feel like mine can replace the Hinterland Harbours and could play 2 comfortably. I tried Sejiri Steppe and a bunch of other value lands but the times when it's useful (you untap with Knight AND your opponent THEN draws a kill spell AND you haven't tapped your Knight to attack) were not worth the strain on the mana. Township is absolutely amazing with the Dorks, the Finks, and the cheeky Archmage and I've found Rogue's Passage to come in handy when your opponent is playing a deck that can block.

No Mistys for price reasons but I don't think they'd help much against Blood Moon anyway. Dispel and Electrolyse are pretty good against this deck (so I might want to sideboard in more cards vs Twin). I do find myself siding out the Retreats in most games, that's definitely a warning sign.

The sideboard absolutely needs some work, the Smiters have never really been that good for me. It's not big enough to fight Siege Rhino or Goyf, doesn't do anything vs Twin and this deck has enough dorks that it's pretty good against Liliana anyway.

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 10, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Cryptic Command really doesn't work well in a deck where 90% of your things are at Sorcery Speed, coming from someone who tried a similar deck idea when Coralhelm was spoiled 4 months ago

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
So with Twin having been given the shaft, there's still Kiki-Ringer and Kiki-Resto, but I have an irrational hatred for the color Blue, so I started throwing R/W goodstuff together:

Deck: R/W Aggro-Combo

//Creatures
3 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
3 Restoration Angel
3 Village Bell-Ringer
4 Figure of Destiny
4 Boros Reckoner
1 Iroas, God of Victory
2 Balefire Liege
2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

//Spells
4 Path to Exile
3 Lightning Bolt
2 Blood Moon
3 Lightning Helix
2 Wheel of Fate
2 Boros Charm

//Lands
2 Needle Spires
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Arid Mesa
2 Clifftop Retreat
4 Plains
2 Mountain
2 Marsh Flats
2 Ghost Quarter

//Sideboard
3 Deflecting Palm
3 Wear // Tear
2 Blood Moon
3 Duergar Hedge-Mage
2 Crumble to Dust
2 Hallowed Moonlight

Display deck statistics

Haven't gotten the combo off yet from my online testing but I got to drop a Balefire Liege, then next turn Kiki, copy the Liege, swing for 8, and Helix for 9 loss and 9 gain was a pretty amusing setup. I couldn't think of a good 2-drop other than a few token Thalias, and the sideboard is just a pile of random answers.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Okay after playing FNM for a few weeks with Marzipan Aristocrats, the only question I have is how in the gently caress do I beat Dark Jeskai? I get them down to 1 life and then just completely fail to find anything that can punch through that last point of hurt. I'm probably going to put in some amount of rending volley/surge of righteousness in my SB, but what do I take out? And what do I drop from the main when siding?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Yawgmoth posted:

Okay after playing FNM for a few weeks with Marzipan Aristocrats, the only question I have is how in the gently caress do I beat Dark Jeskai? I get them down to 1 life and then just completely fail to find anything that can punch through that last point of hurt. I'm probably going to put in some amount of rending volley/surge of righteousness in my SB, but what do I take out? And what do I drop from the main when siding?

I've been playing Jeskai Black for a few weeks now. Infinite Obliteration on Mantis Rider hurts, Tainted Remedy would hurt too since I run the Soulfire/Seeker setup.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I want to see a bunch of ya'lls new standard decks and possible budget brews for Oath

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
So I saw Chapin's aggro colorless list and thought I'd try a colorless eldrazi deck that goes bigger. Won't get to proxy test it until this weekend though, looking for input.

4x Hangarback Walker
4x Hedron Crawler
4x Thought-Knot Seer
4x Reality Smasher
4x Oblivion Sower
2x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
1x Kozilek, the Great Distortion

3x Hedron Archive
1x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
3x Titan's Presence
3x Spatial Contortion
2x Warping Wail

4x Spawning Bed
4x Shrine of the Forsaken Gods
4x Sea-Gate Wreckage
4x Foundry of the Consuls
4x Mage-Ring Network
4x Sanctum of Ugin
1x Rogue's Passage

Possibly needs 26 land. No real form of card advantage other than the value given by each eldrazi. Seems like it could smash if it doesn't get rushed out too early though.

Fingers McLongDong fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 19, 2016

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I want to have a go with goblins. Stoneforge Masterwork is pretty interesting, and Owen Turtenwald thinks it's good enough to boost that deck:
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/mono-red-goblins-with-stoneforge-masterwork/
That said he seems to forget that Reckless Bushwhacker is also in Oath. Also while Goblin Dark-Dwellers is an excellent card and I'd probably want to pack a couple in the sideboard it seems too far above the rest of the curve for the maindeck. At a very rough draft I'd try something like:
22 Mountains
Creatures:
4 Goblin Glory Chaser
4 Goblin Piledriver
4 Mardu Scout
2 Subterranean Scout
4 Reckless Bushwhacker
2 Goblin Heelcutter
4 Dragon Fodder
4 Hordeling Outburst
Spells:
4 Stoneforge Masterwork
4 Wild Slash
2 Exquisite Firecraft

The main issue is obviously the very powerful new sweepers in Oath, and honestly they'd probably stop a deck like this from ever being truly competitive. Having a good number of dash creatures at least gives you some way to play around them. It's also possible that Stoneforge Masterwork's badness against mass removal holds it back too much also.

Soothing Cacophony
Sep 29, 2009
I've been working on making Erebos's Titan a thing for Game Day. Mostly because I love the card and there has to be a shell where he's good. It's not exactly budget due to the Polluted Deltas but everything else is fairly cheap.

Deck: UB Titan

//Lands
3 Island
4 Polluted Delta
4 Sunken Hollow
14 Swamp

//Spells
4 Grasp of Darkness
2 Murderous Cut
2 Ob Nixilis Reignited
3 Ruinous Path
2 Silumgar's Command
4 Transgress the Mind
2 Ultimate Price

//Creatures
4 Erebos's Titan
4 Fathom Feeder
3 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
4 Mardu Strike Leader
1 Tasigur, the Golden Fang

//Sideboard
4 Duress
3 Flaying Tendrils
2 Infinite Obliteration
1 Virulent Plague
3 Negate
2 Read the Bones

Display deck statistics

I haven't had as much time to mess with it lately, but it's where I've been at since the full spoiler dropped. Mainly focuses on playing attrition and keeping the board clear for Erebos's Titan so that it's literally Abzan Charm/Utter End or bust for an opponent. You really want a turn 4 Titan/Kalitas, but you've got tools to win otherwise. The deck started Mono-B with Sea Gate Wreckage, but the deck needed both a stronger answer to planeswalkers and solid 2-drop, so I splashed blue to get Silumgar's Command and Fathom Feeder. I really wish Fathom Feeder was Jace, but he does an admirable impression while also stonewalling Anafenza/Rhinos and making it possible to make the Strike Leaders into Wasteland Strangers once Khans rotates. Speaking of, Strike Leaders are the most frustrating slot in the deck. Some games they single-handedly win it for me, whereas others they're practically worthless. I think I'd rather have Stranglers but I wasn't finding enough good -3/-3 targets in the format.

I've thought about making it B/G, subbing the Feeders for Den Protectors and the Silumgar's Command for...Nissa? I actually have no idea there. Still the deck is a blast to play. Won't know until the meta stabilizes a bit if it's got any legs but I've got a good year-ish(?) left with Erebos's Titan so it's a nice little pile to play around with in the meanwhile.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Erebos's Titan could play quite nicely with a processors deck if they printed a relic of Progenitus/Scrabbling Claws effect for standard. There doesn't seem to be any reasonable way to proc the second ability yourself (other than Infinite Obliteration).

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Yawgmoth posted:

Any reason you aren't running Rally the Ancestors in a list like that? You've got plenty of sac outlets and it gives you a way to blow them gently caress up with Cutthroats at instant speed if they ever tap out lategame. You can also throw in Chasm Guides to give your Rallies haste and go for huge swings during your own turn after a board wipe or something.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Here's a preliminary post Oath list for B/W Eldrazi. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Lands: 24

4 Eldrazi Temple
3 Eye of Ugin
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Marsh Flats
2 Plains
2 Godless Shrine
1 Swamp
1 Windswept Heath
3 Ghost Quarter
1 Shambling Vent
1 Sea Gate Wreckage

Creatures: 18

4 Blight Herder
4 Oblivion Sower
2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
4 Wasteland Strangler
4 Thought-Knot Seer

Other: 18

2 Expedition Map
4 Relic of Progenitus
1 Go for the Throat
2 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 Lingering Souls
4 Path to Exile
1 Slaughter Pact
2 Thoughtseize

Sideboard: 15

SB: 3 Rest for the Weary
SB: 2 Disenchant
SB: 2 Celestial Purge
SB: 1 Ghost Quarter
SB: 2 Spellskite
SB: 3 Stony Silence
SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
SB: 1 Disfigure

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 19, 2016

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK
Quick draft of a B/C aggro deck. Probably super weak to the huge numbers of sweepers in the format, but we'll see:

Creatures (24) -- probably too many 3-drops and not enough 2-drops.
4 Bearer of Silence
4 Endless One
4 Matter Reshaper
3 Reaver Drone
3 Sludge Crawler
2 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Wasteland Strangler

Spells (14)
4 Ghostfire Blade
2 Murderous Cut
4 Spatial Contortion
2 Titan's Presence
2 Warping Wail

Lands (22) -- possibly requires some editing.
2 Blighted Fen
4 Caves of Koilos
4 Llanowar Wastes
4 Ruins of Oran-Rief
2 Sea Gate Wreckage
6 Swamp

Sideboard (15) -- almost certainly terrible. I think the only things I've got right here are the extra Wails and the Duresses.
2 Aligned Hedron Network
4 Duress
2 Rogue's Passage
2 Swarm Surge
1 Titan's Presence
2 Ultimate Price
2 Warping Wail

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

TheKingofSprings posted:

Here's a preliminary post Oath list for B/W Eldrazi. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Lands: 24

4 Eldrazi Temple
3 Eye of Ugin
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Marsh Flats
2 Plains
2 Godless Shrine
1 Swamp
1 Windswept Heath
3 Ghost Quarter
1 Shambling Vent
1 Sea Gate Wreckage

Creatures: 18

4 Blight Herder
4 Oblivion Sower
2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
4 Wasteland Strangler
4 Thought-Knot Seer

Other: 18

2 Expedition Map
4 Relic of Progenitus
1 Go for the Throat
2 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 Lingering Souls
4 Path to Exile
1 Slaughter Pact
2 Thoughtseize

Sideboard: 15

SB: 3 Rest for the Weary
SB: 2 Disenchant
SB: 2 Celestial Purge
SB: 1 Ghost Quarter
SB: 2 Spellskite
SB: 3 Stony Silence
SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
SB: 1 Disfigure

No Eldrazi Displacer? Seems good with pretty much all the ETB effects you have.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Voyager I posted:

Any reason you aren't running Rally the Ancestors in a list like that? You've got plenty of sac outlets and it gives you a way to blow them gently caress up with Cutthroats at instant speed if they ever tap out lategame. You can also throw in Chasm Guides to give your Rallies haste and go for huge swings during your own turn after a board wipe or something.
Nothing really good to cut and I very rarely have double white. I also don't often have that many actual creatures in my grave. I have a couple in my SB because against more control-oriented decks I can put 1-2 in for removal to get that sweet post-languish beatdown but I'm thinking I might drop them in favor of SoR or Infinite Obliteration.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Fingers McLongDong posted:

So I saw Chapin's aggro colorless list and thought I'd try a colorless eldrazi deck that goes bigger. Won't get to proxy test it until this weekend though, looking for input.

4x Hangarback Walker
4x Hedron Crawler
4x Thought-Knot Seer
4x Reality Smasher
4x Oblivion Sower
3x Kozileks Channeler
2x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
1x Kozilek, the Great Distortion

1x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
3x Titan's Presence
3x Spatial Contortion
2x Warping Wail

4x Spawning Bed
4x Temple of the False God
4x Sea-Gate Wreckage
4x Foundry of the Consuls
4x Mage-Ring Network
4x Sanctum of Ugin
1x Rogue's Passage

Possibly needs 26 land. No real form of card advantage other than the value given by each eldrazi. Seems like it could smash if it doesn't get rushed out too early though.

Temple of the False God?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Temple of the False God?

Not Standard-legal, if you're referring to the Elspeth vs Kiora one.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Temple of the False God?

Got it confused with Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, fixed it. Also realized those kozileks channelers should be hedron archives. Working on adjusting a version that uses green for flip nissa, nissa's renewal, and world breaker. Having some actual sideboard options seems better.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

ThePeavstenator posted:

No Eldrazi Displacer? Seems good with pretty much all the ETB effects you have.

Ulamog, Sower and Herder are "on casting" not ETB, only Strangler and Thought-knot are. Either could be useful though.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

What do people think about changing over the eldrazi in the modern deck to be less about processing and more about just stomping on your opponent (with eg Eldrazi Mimic and Reality Smasher)? Wasteland Strangler is a great card but the added consistency from not requiring exile sources could be nice.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Regardless, just flickering thought-knot/strangler is going to be valuable as well as all the other utility an on-demand flicker brings.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Irony Be My Shield posted:

What do people think about changing over the eldrazi in the modern deck to be less about processing and more about just stomping on your opponent (with eg Eldrazi Mimic and Reality Smasher)? Wasteland Strangler is a great card but the added consistency from not requiring exile sources could be nice.
Look up Heartless Eldrazi, people are already doing this.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Trying to figure out Jeskai Ascendancy combo in new standard. Taking some notes from Twoo's list but removing his favorite card HH.

It might be too slow and I'm not sure there are enough combo pieces without another mana dork but it's a dumb deck in the first place.

https://deckbox.org/sets/1306496
Lands:
1 Canopy Vista
2 Cinder Glade
3 Evolving Wilds
4 Flooded Strand
1 Forest
1 Island
1 Mountain
1 Plains
2 Prairie Stream
4 Windswept Heath
4 Wooded Foothills

Spells:
4 Clutch of Currents
1 Dig Through Time
3 Treasure Cruise
4 Elemental Uprising
4 Expedite
4 Slip Through Space
4 Jeskai Ascendancy

Creatures:
4 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
4 Rattleclaw Mystic
4 Wall of Resurgence

moush fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 19, 2016

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Noyan Dar is also interesting with Ascendancy.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

BizarroAzrael posted:

New finding: the matchup against Living End is funny as hell. Obviously Relic just wrecks them, but the interaction with Suspend is particularly cute.

They're not really suspending living end often unless you're referring to interacting with the exile effects of cascade.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Night Danger Moose posted:

Noyan Dar is also interesting with Ascendancy.

Yeah I have him in the sideboard but he might be better in the deck since it's just more ways to go off.

Deck has a problem of getting stuck with dead hands if you don't draw an ascendancy, but I'm not sure how to solve that.

moush fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 20, 2016

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Wurzag posted:

They're not really suspending living end often unless you're referring to interacting with the exile effects of cascade.

Nope, guy found themselves with Living End in Hand and the mana to cast it, and why not since it's dead once it gets there otherwise? Managed to nab a Rift Bolt and Strangle a Nacatyl just now as it goes. Speaking of, I don't think the deck I have sides well against Zoo/Burn, but I only have 2 Inquisitions and 3 maindeck Thoughtseize.

Good luck with the Noyan Dar Jeski deck, I'd do it if I could afford to play blue/Jace now.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Noyan + Ascendancy basically wins if you untap but it's just so unlikely against most decks. I guess you could try bringing him in in less interactive matchups.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I've never fully understood the idea of discard against burn. It removes a spell or two to deny them from counting to 20, but the window on them is tight and closes quickly before they aren't useful anymore and become worthless top decks, yeah?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TheKingofSprings posted:

I've never fully understood the idea of discard against burn. It removes a spell or two to deny them from counting to 20, but the window on them is tight and closes quickly before they aren't useful anymore and become worthless top decks, yeah?

You don't worry about top decks against burn because 9 times out of 10, if they haven't killed you by the time they empty their hand, you're going to win, anyway.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'm thinking about Endless One in modern eldrazi, partly for a flexible threat, but also to be 7+ cmc and set off Sanctum of Ugin. Extra way to fetch Ulamog, even if it's not idea since you lose a land.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm thinking about Endless One in modern eldrazi, partly for a flexible threat, but also to be 7+ cmc and set off Sanctum of Ugin. Extra way to fetch Ulamog, even if it's not idea since you lose a land.

So wait, if you cast endless one from hand with Eye of Ugin on the board, but don't tap mana, does he have 2 +1+1 counters?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

kizudarake posted:

So wait, if you cast endless one from hand with Eye of Ugin on the board, but don't tap mana, does he have 2 +1+1 counters?

Yes, casting it is discounted by 2 for Eye, so you cast it as X=2 tapping no mana. So with Eye and Eldrazi temple it can be a 2/2 on turn 1 to a 10/10 turn 5. And as I understand it if you cast it with X<=7 it triggers sanctum.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

Yes, casting it is discounted by 2 for Eye, so you cast it as X=2 tapping no mana. So with Eye and Eldrazi temple it can be a 2/2 on turn 1 to a 10/10 turn 5. And as I understand it if you cast it with X<=7 it triggers sanctum.

I mean, if chalice for 4's Cmc is 0, endless should always have Cmc of 0 no matter what x is equal to.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

kizudarake posted:

I mean, if chalice for 4's Cmc is 0, endless should always have Cmc of 0 no matter what x is equal to.

In both cases, they are 0CMC on the field (so can be hit by say Abrupt Decay) but as spells on the stack they have CMC equal to the mana paid for them.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

kizudarake posted:

Spells with a CMC including X are assumed to have X = 0 in all zones except on the stack, where there CMC is whatever you paid into X plus any additional mana costs. For example, a Blaze in your hand is CMC 1 (X=0 + a single red), but while on the stack it's CMC can be 6 if you paid 5 generic mana for X (X=5 + 1 red). Similarly, Chalice has a CMC equal to 4 on the stack (if you have X=2) but CMC 0 while in play (when X stops being defined).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
So does chalice on the board for 0 keep you from casting chalice at all afterwards?

• Locked thread