Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Spaced God posted:

That's a weird way to write BBoy360 Patrick82

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Speaking of Patrick82, https://youtu.be/LZrJzyKSgAs

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Spaced God posted:

the same joke again but with a different guy, ha ha ha ha ha

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

can't help but notice that keyboard has no wood paneling on it. i'd think a pro like patrick would make sure to buy the Good poo poo.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So where did these guys go to after PoE? Where is their beloved forum that is better than SA and Fark now???

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

fyodor posted:

So where did these guys go to after PoE? Where is their beloved forum that is better than SA and Fark now???

ballp.it

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The episodes do flow much better without the intro bumper, but those did give me my favorite F-Plus quote ever, which is "Hey Boots, how do you feel about leading questions?"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

yikes.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

On one hand the bumpers felt really stiff and awkward, on the other hand Portaxx and STOG's intro, and the intro to the movie idea episode.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

watho posted:

On one hand the bumpers felt really stiff and awkward, on the other hand Portaxx and STOG's intro, and the intro to the movie idea episode.

I love the movie idea intro because it was the longest walk ever to the stupidest joke, and Boots broke down in laughter and couldn't even finish it.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I like the intro where Lemon asks the person what they're doing and they reply "feigning an interest in this week's topic" but I can't remember the episode or person.

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I like the intro where Lemon asks the person what they're doing and they reply "feigning an interest in this week's topic" but I can't remember the episode or person.

That was me! I wanna say that's the body mod episode? I heard it when I was digging up clips for 200a.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I went back and listened to the very first episode and it's much better than I was expecting considering what Lemon seemed to think about it in 200a. It made me laugh quite a bit and I didn't think it was all over the place. Was the bumper recorded at a later time though?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

EmmyOk posted:

I went back and listened to the very first episode and it's much better than I was expecting considering what Lemon seemed to think about it in 200a. It made me laugh quite a bit and I didn't think it was all over the place. Was the bumper recorded at a later time though?

I find that the early episodes were great, the material itself was definitely fantastic and the sense of humor and rapport was always there. Just took some time to find their rhythm for intro'ing and segueing and it really kicked into high gear when the mid-read banter and riffing became more and more common.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Eh I found it pretty bad, I gotta agree with him on that point. Reading stuff that little kids who are in trouble have to write but don't want to is kind of "punching down" material to me. Man did they get better though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wasn't it high school students? If so, that makes it a bit better, I guess?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

Wasn't it high school students? If so, that makes it a bit better, I guess?

Nah not really. It was a rough first episode, and I'm glad that's not the sort of material they stuck to.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I remember listening to that TF2 Cabal thing a few years ago but I never put it together that it ended up forming this podcast.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
I only have about 15 episodes left until I'm caught up after listening through the entire archive over the last several months (actually, it might be over a year). On one hand, this is sad because it's been fun having a seemingly unlimited supply to listen to whenever I wanted. On the other hand, it's great because I'm at Merchants of Urine and holy god it's funny as hell.

I'm also looking forward to the retrospective after having gone through all the episodes in order!

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
I regret not being able to make the retrospective recording, but most of the points I'd have brought up were covered anyway. Listening to 200a really made me want to have been there and reminisce with everyone else, though.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Squint posted:

I regret not being able to make the retrospective recording, but most of the points I'd have brought up were covered anyway. Listening to 200a really made me want to have been there and reminisce with everyone else, though.
Dammit, I was really looking forward to you in part 2. :(

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h3jKxu-gIQ

fyodor posted:

You know how they mention going to Poe-News and then say not to talk about it? Yeah... :v:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sleeveless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h3jKxu-gIQ

You know how they mention going to Poe-News and then say not to talk about it? Yeah... :v:

I am new. Very new. And dumb. Thanks.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I'm listening to The Worst Bestsellers podcast after J.W. recommended it on IDEOTV and it's really good! It's a lot like IDEOTV but with more critical analysis and they read good things more often. You can see where J.W. got a lot of inspiration for his own podcast, they even have a segment called "dramatic reading"

Their most recent episode is about the recently-released official genderswapped version of Twilight(????) and it's really interesting because it's more of an even-handed analysis of the book (even though they both hate it), which is novel since I don't see a lot of critical media about Twilight that isn't "Bleh! Bad!" I'm glad I was recommended it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

dijon du jour posted:

I'm listening to The Worst Bestsellers podcast after J.W. recommended it on IDEOTV and it's really good! It's a lot like IDEOTV but with more critical analysis and they read good things more often. You can see where J.W. got a lot of inspiration for his own podcast, they even have a segment called "dramatic reading"

Their most recent episode is about the recently-released official genderswapped version of Twilight(????) and it's really interesting because it's more of an even-handed analysis of the book (even though they both hate it), which is novel since I don't see a lot of critical media about Twilight that isn't "Bleh! Bad!" I'm glad I was recommended it.

J rules because he's more nterested in discussing the book he hates instead of just trying to come up with sweet burns. Which makes him better than 99% of internet critics. Also sometimes him and his wife get drunk and talk about books and it's amazing :3:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

dijon du jour posted:

You can see where J.W. got a lot of inspiration for his own podcast, they even have a segment called "dramatic reading"
uh

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I've tried the dianetics episode and it's like a gauntlet of annoying voices

Whimskey
Jul 4, 2007

I definitely found Renata's voice annoying at first, and the sound quality isn't the best, but Worst Bestsellers has really grown on me. I like their willingness to give stuff like Twilight and Harlequin romances a chance. It also has one of the things I like best about the F Plus and IDEOTV, which is that it's basically just friends having fun talking about dumb stuff.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t
Part 2 of the retrospective: here

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Comna posted:

Part 2 of the retrospective: here

Oh my GOD, the montage of voices, what the gently caress is happening inside my headphones, it is amazing

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

"sexuality is a golden corral"

loving beautiful stog.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Holy poo poo, Frank West's story about the girl in grade school is some Francis Dolarhyde/Red Dragon kinda poo poo.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

How old are children in 5th grade?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Eleven or so.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't know why I didn't listen to Left Handed Radio before, but these clips are loving killing me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The voice collage is amazing :allears:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
God, this was beautiful, even better than part 1. Thanks STOG and yay Victor.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Now I really gotta go back and listen to the fanfiction episode with the Garfield stuff in it. Thanks for 200 episodes of insane bullshit and good laughs :allears:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

That fanfiction one with the Garfield story was one of the first episodes I listened to and it really sold me on the podcast. A+ reminiscence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
The Garfield fanfic is weapons grade hilarity.