Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Suitaru posted:

Zensunni, surely.

Versus Mahashi'ite?

Shi'hayana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

We've officially passed beyond parody into some weird new dimension. God I wish Hunter S. Thompson was alive to write about this.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Jerusalem posted:

We've officially passed beyond parody into some weird new dimension. God I wish Hunter S. Thompson was alive to write about this.

If W. hadn't broken him first, Trump would have.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Eschers Basement posted:

So, I know it's bad behavior to come into this thread and announce bad news and then bitch and moan about what the cartoons are going to look like because you know they'll be terrible.

But is it okay to do the opposite?

Because Sarah Palin just endorsed Donald Trump, and I literally, un-ironically cannot wait to see how every cartoonist, from Bagely to Lester, responds to this.

Meanwhile, Palin's son has been arrested for domestic violence and having a gun while intoxicated. I'm praying Bagley finds a way to work both of those incidents into a cartoon.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If I was a Republican and mentally unable to consider switching parties that's exactly how I would feel.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

1 Branco zealously defends his throne as biggest piece of poo poo among his peers.
8 The triumphant return of Terry Wise's fursona
10 horns.aiff

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Well it's nice to see someone having fun at their job. Look at the malicious glint in Lindsey's eyes, or Sanders as a pyromaniac gnome.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

alnilam posted:

Hello I'd like to complain, my 2016 calendar starts the week on Saturdays??

Technowolf posted:

The 20th is a Wednesday.

alnilam posted:

:doh: I assumed it was showing Monday, the federal MLK holiday

This year's holiday was on the 18th. MLK's actual birthday is the 15th. I have no idea why Pett chose the 20th.

Cartoons:

JRRose planned a Glenn Frey cartoon, but Ben Carson stole his idea.

https://twitter.com/RealBenCarson/status/689257697825411072

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Early contender for "most easily reinterpreted" from Branco, I see.

e: look at how loving kindly the Iranian looks, Jesus Christ how do you gently caress up a message this hard?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ManlyGrunting posted:

Early contender for "most easily reinterpreted" from Branco, I see.

e: look at how loving kindly the Iranian looks, Jesus Christ how do you gently caress up a message this hard?

That's what happens when bearded men wearing turbans are inherently terrifying too you.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Branco really loves judgemental MLK statue

2013:

2014:

2015:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The Berninator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

This year's holiday was on the 18th. MLK's actual birthday is the 15th. I have no idea why Pett chose the 20th.

Cartoons:

Memo: For Terrorism

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Branco's use of the MLK statue also shows that he's copied the art at least three times, including this most recent one, so it's lazy too. (Check the shadows behind MLK, they are all the same.)

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

TurnipFritter posted:

Memo: For Terrorism

I could see Obama using that field for a joke like how I used to write "For your continuing silence" on mine.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is the bad water only in the colored part of town, or am I reading too much into the metaphor?

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Eschers Basement posted:

Because Sarah Palin just endorsed Donald Trump, and I literally, un-ironically cannot wait to see how every cartoonist, from Bagely to Lester, responds to this.

Back when they both were reality TV stars, the two sat in a Sbarro in Time Square eating lovely pizza with plastic knives and forks (this last bit was what made it go viral).
They're pizza-bonded for life. BFF. Synthetic-mozzarella is thicker than water

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

nobodyssweetheart posted:

Back when they both were reality TV stars, the two sat in a Sbarro in Time Square eating lovely pizza with plastic knives and forks (this last bit was what made it go viral).
They're pizza-bonded for life. BFF. Synthetic-mozzarella is thicker than water
They were in Manhattan...eating Sbarro pizza?

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is the bad water only in the colored part of town, or am I reading too much into the metaphor?

Flint is a majority-black town, and its median houshold income is only about half that of the state overall.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Samurai Sanders posted:

I literally can not comprehend that.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Boksi posted:

Flint is a majority-black town, and its median houshold income is only about half that of the state overall.

It's one of those horrible "they TECHNICALLY didn't..." because there's some white people in there too but yeah they pretty much just poisoned a poor black neighborhood and lied to their faces about it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Boksi posted:

Ah, so I didn't over-analyze it, I was just thinking at the city level and not the state level.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Angry Bernie is best Bernie

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

beepsandboops posted:

2013:

2014:

2015:

he's such a piece of garbage

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

OldTennisCourt posted:

I literally can not comprehend that.
Well, Palin probably regards NYC as the anti-America anyway because it has people of all different backgrounds interacting with each other, but Trump is from Queens, right?

edit: and because you can't shoot rifles in random directions for fun

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 20, 2016

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

Do you honestly think this wouldn't be getting round the clock coverage if it were affecting a significant number of white people?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Not quite a cartoon, and it looks much better in print, but I love the current cover of The Economist:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

would...would this work as an avatar?

edit: i'll need some text to go with it

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Zelder posted:

would...would this work as an avatar?

edit: i'll need some text to go with it
hOI! i'm fascist!

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

JRRose planned a Glenn Frey cartoon, but Ben Carson stole his idea.

https://twitter.com/RealBenCarson/status/689257697825411072

I'll admit it. I laughed.

:perfect:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the delay in raising interest rates – The pound nosedived after the Bank of England ruled out an early rise in interest rates, due to weak growth and turmoil in the global markets"

Telegraph:

Election polling errors blamed on 'unrepresentative' samples

Times:

Oscars 2016: David Oyelowo and Don Cheadle join diversity critics

Mail:
MAC ON...Jeremy Corbyn and Trident

Mac on... proposals to ban the veil

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

mac is like if you took the id of every conservative dad and put it to ink

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

E-Tank posted:

"This is not just a first world problems white girl movement!" *posts group of pictures showing nothing but first world white girls*

The best part of this is that the "artist" writes "vegan women look just like you and me". Which implies that she is not herself vegan.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Samurai Sanders posted:

My apologies... it was a different terrible chain pizzeria (Famous Famiglia) in terrible Times Square as reported by the terrible NY Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/hands-new-yorkers-respond-sarah-palin-donald-trump-pizza-eating-faux-pas-article-1.130258

and on the Daily Show
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/0ect4f/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-me-lover-s-pizza-with-crazy-broad

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 20, 2016

RADIOHEADISGOD
Sep 29, 2005
wtf mate?

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

This cartoon is a repeat from several years ago. Still an unironic good cartoon, even with the incorrect date/calendar format.

The week starting on Saturday was a hot topic the first time it was posted.

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott recently called for a constitutional convention, proposing nine new amendments that would allow a two-thirds majority of the states to override a federal law or overrule a Supreme Court decision, weaken federal agencies, make it easier for state officials to sue the federal government, prohibit Congress from regulating activity that occurs entirely in one state, require a seven-justice supermajority for Supreme Court decisions that invalidate a law passed by Congress, and require Congress to balance the budget. He also has one in there that can be summed up as "the tenth amendment again, but more emphatically and the way I want it".

(I mean, about seven of them can be summed up that way, but this one is so vague that you can't put it into more specific terms.)

One of the accompanying editorials argued that Abbott's proposals would represent a return to the failures of the Articles of Confederation and allow him to enact some frankly terrible policies he's supported such as eliminating the minimum wage and undermining environmental protections, health care programs, workplace safety requirements, and minority protections.

The other, well, you can pretty much guess it from the cartoon.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

beepsandboops posted:

2013:

2014:

2015:

Someone please make a life sized version of this statue and shove it up Branco's rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Just going to say this kid is one of the best things I have seen in a cartoon in a long time.

• Locked thread