Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"

homewrecker posted:

I went to high school with your fiance, haven't talked to her in a long time but it's nice to see she's doing well, all the best to the both of you

That's real cool. Want me to say hi from anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Not sure, I've heard I'm going to be homeless and crying at doobie dogs tomorrow so you better check the thread before you plan a trip

it wont happen like that. itll happen slowly, like a frog(dog) being slowly boiled to death, and every month the numbers will look worse and extra expenses will pop up and you'll get to the point where you have to compromise and roll back parts of your ~master plan~ but not in a way that recoups any useful amount of your original investment

and then non business normal life unforeseen expenses will also pop up and the ball gets bigger and faster and thanks to your apparently sucky credit history you wont be able to get another lifeline to keep up and you'll be at the point where that cushy full time office job would seem really nice to get back if only you had the time to work it but you wont because you and your fiance will be busy 12-14 hours a day working diligently toward financial doom and failure, and all because you thought working in a loving food stand for :siren: a whole year :siren: and "knowing people" somehow makes you different than any other delusional impatient jackass millennial who's decided that any kind of work that doesnt immediately realize his impractical dreams is just like, beneath him man

notice how i didnt use any empty business lingo or strategically bolded words? these words are real life words used by people who arent full of poo poo. take your business planning skills and use them to chart out how you're going to grow up, be a loving man, secure your own means, and be happy with the job you have while you gain valuable experience in how life actually works

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

hey guys i just graduated high school and am going to alberta to start a retro icelandic/indian k-bob stand

i have zero management experience but i hear goons will fund anything

i also live in a publicly funded building, be sure to pitch in for that too

godbless

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

it wont happen like that. itll happen slowly, like a frog(dog) being slowly boiled to death, and every month the numbers will look worse and extra expenses will pop up and you'll get to the point where you have to compromise and roll back parts of your ~master plan~ but not in a way that recoups any useful amount of your original investment

and then non business normal life unforeseen expenses will also pop up and the ball gets bigger and faster and thanks to your apparently sucky credit history you wont be able to get another lifeline to keep up and you'll be at the point where that cushy full time office job would seem really nice to get back if only you had the time to work it but you wont because you and your fiance will be busy 12-14 hours a day working diligently toward financial doom and failure, and all because you thought working in a loving food stand for :siren: a whole year :siren: and "knowing people" somehow makes you different than any other delusional impatient jackass millennial who's decided that any kind of work that doesnt immediately realize his impractical dreams is just like, beneath him man

notice how i didnt use any empty business lingo or strategically bolded words? these words are real life words used by people who arent full of poo poo. take your business planning skills and use them to chart out how you're going to grow up, be a loving man, secure your own means, and be happy with the job you have while you gain valuable experience in how life actually works

as a mahleneall i can tell you nobody is going to read your loving novel, old man

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Can I get life-time-insurance on my spring rolls?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

whoflungpoop posted:

youre a major hater

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Interesting choice in thread tag.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

What's a foodie?

I heard they were some sort of weird cult that brags about eating food poor people can't afford.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

etalian posted:

What's a foodie?

some1 who enjoys eating n feels they cna justdge gastronomic choicesof restaurants

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

gently caress da Mods posted:

youre a major hater

ive been hating for a whole year and i would like to open my own hater office give me money

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
So I take it no balut or chicken feet... That's a no from me then.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

protip make a secret menu

The secret is just gravy on top of whatever you want

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

you should draw pentagrams all over ur shop and be like "the bad boys" of fusion

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OP if I ever meet you I will fill your mouth with spiders

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

you should draw pentagrams all over ur shop and be like "the bad boys" of fusion

nothing preventing u from drawing a few of ur own

except the neighbourhood grafiti watch:devil:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

homewrecker posted:

I went to high school with your fiance, haven't talked to her in a long time but it's nice to see she's doing well, all the best to the both of you

Did you bang her while you were in HS?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

eat my poo poo op, it will probably be better than your food you want the internet to pay for

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Hey OP what's the toilet situation there? I don't want to risk making GBS threads my pants at your establishment.

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

Someone in Toronto already beat them to it

http://imgur.com/zyBZx0J

Chinese and Canadian FUSION

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

etalian posted:

What's a foodie?

euphemism for fatty

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Parallax Scroll posted:

eat my poo poo op, it will probably be better than your food you want the internet to pay for

i grew up in hawaii eating filipino food it is smelley and i still dont know why

its not all bad tho it just smells funny

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

whoflungpoop posted:

i grew up in hawaii eating filipino food it is smelley and i still dont know why

its not all bad tho it just smells funny

prolly stink waves from ur coochie

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Thankfully the location has two hoods up and working provided by the landlord.

What is your bathroom and plumbing status?
Also are you near any potential competition? Such as a Subway?

My final question is do you plan to expand out into other enterprises such as automotive repair or other things as time goes by?

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Let's see:

(1) six month time limit until a new startup niche-in-a-literal-niche restaurant has to make a profit (two years operating expenses should be your minimum cushion btw)
(12) or more hr days together sweating over deep fryers and rotting meat in a cramped cubbyhole
(negative) net wages a lot of the time since your revenue that day/week/month didn't cover expenses
(0) real management experience
(0) financial backup
(possibly 0) other workers? loving lol two people managing everything full time?

Mix it all together, add in plenty of sleep deprivation and stress, stew in your own juices and voila ! A perfect recipe for divorce!
Serves: you (right)

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Microwaves Mom posted:

What is your bathroom and plumbing status?
Also are you near any potential competition? Such as a Subway?

My final question is do you plan to expand out into other enterprises such as automotive repair or other things as time goes by?

who cares give him money u h8er

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Neophyte posted:

Let's see:

(1) six month time limit until a new startup niche-in-a-literal-niche restaurant has to make a profit (two years operating expenses should be your minimum cushion btw)
(12) or more hr days together sweating over deep fryers and rotting meat in a cramped cubbyhole
(negative) net wages a lot of the time since your revenue that day/week/month didn't cover expenses
(0) financial backup
(possibly 0) other workers? loving lol two people managing everything full time?

Mix it all together, add in plenty of sleep deprivation and stress, stew in your own juices and voila ! A perfect recipe for divorce!

major hater

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Can you look up the address and tell us how long the previous tenants stayed there?

That should give you a good idea of how long your business will live.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hey OP you and I have never met or interacted before but I need $50 for my phone bill. I'll pm you my paypal. I assume you're going to be absolutely fine with this.

Are you seriously trying to crowdfund a restaurant in GBS? Are you loving retarded?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

prolly stink waves from ur coochie

no thats just the smell of freedom

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Hey OP you and I have never met or interacted before but I need $50 for my phone bill. I'll pm you my paypal. I assume you're going to be absolutely fine with this.

Are you seriously trying to crowdfund a restaurant in GBS? Are you loving retarded?

unfunny response in a thread full of good funny responses. av checks out.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

unfunny response in a thread full of good funny responses. av checks out.

what the gently caress IS YOUR DEAL rear end in a top hat

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Neophyte posted:

Let's see:

(0) financial backup

:laugh:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

who cares give him money u h8er

Look I just want to make sure my investment doesn't end up being a funeral home down the line.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I'm sorry OP, I thought this thread was reopened based off of the announcement that Doobs was closing shop.

Read the Doobs thread. Read about Doobs.

You're making a similar mistake.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

my dad said he'll come down and try ur gook food 2

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
has the op ever actually worked in a restaurant? he hasnt mentioned anything about working 12 hour shifts, sleeping off half a liter of bushmills in the liquor closet and railing an 8 ball on a soap dispenser before scooping 5 inches of sludge out of the friers with his hands. or maybe he has i only skimmed the thread

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Enfield posted:

what the gently caress IS YOUR DEAL rear end in a top hat

all ur posts were good fwiw

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

update my dad said he doesnt think it's actual gook food? we're confused

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Snuffman posted:

I'm sorry OP, I thought this thread was reopened based off of the announcement that Doobs was closing shop.

Read the Doobs thread. Read about Doobs.

You're making a similar mistake.

well doobie had no experience owning and operating a family run restaurant whereas OP has a whole years worth of experience not owning and operating a family run restaurant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

social vegan posted:

update my dad said he doesnt think it's actual gook food? we're confused

it's fusion food aka make it less scary for white people

• Locked thread