Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

lol i remember reading hundreds of posts in this thread and now im 3000 behind

did he died or live and havea job? cats?

The important posts are here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743191&userid=158258

Further useful posts and cat updates here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743191&userid=76974
And here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743191&userid=216168 :3:

The rest is mostly chaff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

fleshweasel posted:

Maybe just close the thread and let CH open it if he decides to let us know how he's doing.

I can accept this.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I will put my stamp of approval on the closing the thread and allowing CH to reopen. Mods make it so.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

fleshweasel posted:

Maybe just close the thread and let CH open it if he decides to let us know how he's doing.

Not a bad idea, but the mod wants to close and goldmine it, and I don't think there's any coming back from the goldmine.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Reminder:

Centripetal Horse posted:

I will post more if and when I feel better.

I would guess he's not feeling better, so he's not posting.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I don't think he's dead, just dead tired. And possibly depressed since he went through such an ordeal and things are only slowly starting to look up. Or, possibly, he's doing amazing and is having sex with strippers in his penthouse apartment, gleefully deleting his SomethingAwful account.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

He also just drove across the country, started a job and moved into an apartment after being homeless. Dude might be a little busy.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Good news is, payday is Friday! Or possibly next Friday!

msyronfire
Oct 9, 2012
I just finished this thread and, wow. What a rollercoaster. I'm so glad things are (hopefully) getting on track for you. You actually moved fairly close to me; I'm in Wyandotte, myself. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message. I don't have much, but I'm lucky enough to always have enough pocket money to treat someone to a decent dinner and karaoke.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
He dead

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
If this thread is getting killed I just wanted to say well done, CH, I wish you well and hope you get your cats and everything together again soon.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I am emotionally invested in this thread and I demand some form of solution, be it frozen dead hobo or (hopefully) cat reunion.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Everyone wishing death on the cats too is just sick. Sometimes OPs die and that's OK, their cats can just move on.

dustbin
Jun 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe he's having trouble adjusting and wants to wait for things to settle down so he doesn't make another sad post on the forum. Best luck ch.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

mrfart posted:

Why are people asking to close the thread? If you're not interested or can't stand tony homo anymore, that's understandable, but then just stop following.
Asking to close it now is like telling other people at a dinner table that they're done eating.

how much do you eat that people constantly tell you to stop eating?

acrobatbob
Sep 29, 2015

Our first real catastrophe has happened. One of the cats knocked over my Christmas plates last night.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

acrobatbob posted:

Our first real catastrophe has happened. One of the cats knocked over my Christmas plates last night.

Sorry to hear that. If it's any condolences, I'm sure the culprit might feel a little guilty.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

acrobatbob posted:

Oh, poo poo! Are those the ones that were hung on your wall (or were some of them)? They were so nice, too. :(

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

acrobatbob posted:

to be fair it is probably like the best time of year for this to happen. anyways thats what i take from this. coulda happened in november right???

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

acrobatbob posted:

CATastrophe lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Sorry to hear that. If it's any condolences, I'm sure the culprit might feel a little guilty.

Surprised, certainly. See a box. Hop in box. Ahhh gravity and shattered crockery!

Cats never see that coming.

acrobatbob
Sep 29, 2015

Hirayuki posted:

Oh, poo poo! Are those the ones that were hung on your wall (or were some of them)? They were so nice, too. :(

Yes, they were. I've been collecting them over the last decade or so. I know they're just plates, but I'm seriously bummed.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

acrobatbob posted:

Yes, they were. I've been collecting them over the last decade or so. I know they're just plates, but I'm seriously bummed.

read the thing i said above ^^^^ and it will be some condolences to u. a new game for ur kids can be like: make a new xmas plate. or another gmae: take a plat thats already kinda nice but then paint a santa on it

yeah the plates wont be as nice as your old ones visually, but it will give u memory feels when u look at them as the years pass and remember the simpler times u stole those cats from that homeless guy lmao

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

acrobatbob posted:

Best thing about broken christmas decorations, is getting an excuse to buy 90% marked down new christmas decorations!

Also: Display at least a shard of a plate next year. It's a story to share. 5 years from now when company are over and ask about the broken plate you get to respond, "Well, let me tell you about my friend, the horse, from the internet!"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh another idea: go on a missionary trip to one of those cities in China that literally ONLY produces christmas decorations year round 24/7, pick up some cheap stuff while youre there.

acrobatbob
Sep 29, 2015

In memorium

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

acrobatbob posted:

In memorium

RIP in peace.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

acrobatbob posted:

The most recently adopted cat of mine has a tendency to knock things down too. It's incredibly frustrating, and we've been fortunate that nothing of too much value (sentimental or monetary) has been broken, but we've had to learn to be more careful about what we leave where.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

RIP in peacepieces .

girlwithgloves
Jun 5, 2011

acrobatbob posted:

Not the Spode!

My godmother buys me an item/setting/etc from the Spode Christmas collection for Christmas every year.

Again...not the Spode!

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

acrobatbob posted:

Sorry about your plates. Were the Christmas tree ones vintage Spode? There are several sellers on Etsy that have them for sale.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think I see a Johnson Brothers in there, my mother would be so sad.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
And here I thought CH had finally given us an update.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

acrobatbob posted:

Send CH the bill, then take him to collections until he's homeless again

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

It was Charlie, wasn't it?

acrobatbob
Sep 29, 2015

Puppy Galaxy posted:

It was Charlie, wasn't it?

It was totally Charlie, it didn't happen until he was locked in the basement.

acrobatbob
Sep 29, 2015

Et tu, Charlie?

acrobatbob
Sep 29, 2015

Secks Cauldron posted:

Sorry about your plates. Were the Christmas tree ones vintage Spode? There are several sellers on Etsy that have them for sale.

I will check that out, when I'm through the grieving process.

Ditto for the Johnson Brothers.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Cats get kicked out, become homeless, conclude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I knew a cat with very similar markings. She was nothing but trouble.

• Locked thread