Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Is Buu out of the tournament because he failed the test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

Is Buu out of the tournament because he failed the test?

yes

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Enourmo posted:

Well, to be fair he gets a share of the credit for killing Buu and saving the universe, so that wipes some red off his ledger.

After unleashing the threat by being a goddamn prideful rear end in a top hat.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vegeta was teh cause of every threat in Z. Sent Raditz. Came after Raditz. Forced them to Namek. Let Cell go Perfect. Unleashed Buu. loving rear end in a top hat.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Geets is a great guy. Imagine if he hadnt let cell become perfect! Then no one goes ssj2 and when Dabura shows up theyre hosed.

Vegeta was the true hero of the series.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They didn't even beat Dabura, it was Buu that killed him wasn't it?

And even then, if Dabura hadn't died, Towa wouldn't have been mad enough to start loving with the timeline. Fooey on Vegeta :colbert:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the culminator posted:

Geets is a great guy. Imagine if he hadnt let cell become perfect! Then no one goes ssj2 and when Dabura shows up theyre hosed.

Vegeta was the true hero of the series.

Gohan already had that power when he was in the time chamber. Goku saw it (tho it was anime only). And Goku wouldn't have been dead and would probably have found it on his own.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Puri puri Dabura best Dabura.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RickVoid posted:

Oh please, Guldo and Jeice are the only ones he killed in a straight up fight. Burter and Recoome was him being a kill-stealing gently caress, and technically Frieza killed Ginyu.

That said, he killed Dodoria and Zarbon, and Qui too (iirc).

So, working backwards, 19, Jeice, Burter, Recoome, Guldo, Zarbon, Dodoria, Qui... and Nappa.

Well poo poo. In terms of sheer kills, Vegeta is the most effective Hero in DBZ.

Shame about all the negative points he gets for all of the genocide.

it was kind of a joke, but I was only counting kills when trunks was around since baal was saying he was ineffectual. obviously other people have died in dragon ball before he shows up :v:

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

The crimes of Toei are various and endless. In GT when they were liberated to do as they liked, they became insane, and sentient butt pliers happened.

That's pretty brilliant if you think about it. That power-up was a literal asspull!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

... Oh, is this how they're giving Gohan a shot then?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope so.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ImpAtom posted:

Well, taking tests is the one thing he is best at most likely. So he'll take the test and pass and then Buu will absorb him, and fight in his place.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he'll take the test and goten and trunks will fight in his place while wearing the mighty mask costume

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Buuhan will finally be introduced into canon

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Buuhan is extremely powerful, and almost infinitely canon.

E: seriously though. I mean I admit it's been like 12 years since I read that part of the manga but Buu still absorbs Gohan and fights Vegito right? I am like 90% sure that wasn't filler.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 19, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea buu absorbs gohan, gotenks, and piccolo and vegito lets himself get eaten to rescue them

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I agree Buu, that is quite the Pawaa Appu

KoB
May 1, 2009
I always thought Buu with the Piccolo outfit looked pretty cool.

I guess what Im saying is that Piccolo's outfit is cool.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Gohan rocked the Piccolo outfit really well in the Cell Games.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's handy that the guy with the cool outfit also has the clothes beam, when he remembers.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Gohan rocked the Piccolo outfit really well in the Cell Games.

this is very true and I hope he wears it again post training in super

I mean, think about it. he killed cell wearing piccolo's outfit and beefs it against buu wearing goku's. the clothes really do make the man

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He mostly sucked rear end when wearing Goku's gear in the Bojack movie too.

You know, if that movie was canon, I have to doubt Gohan would have gone all pacifist bullshit on us in between Cell and Buu. He'd know drat well that there are still more dangerous enemies out there and it'd be straight up stupid if he did slack off.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Are there any good Toriyama interviews out there? I'd be interested to hear an explanation on some things like Gohan laying a huge turd.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

He mostly sucked rear end when wearing Goku's gear in the Bojack movie too.

You know, if that movie was canon, I have to doubt Gohan would have gone all pacifist bullshit on us in between Cell and Buu. He'd know drat well that there are still more dangerous enemies out there and it'd be straight up stupid if he did slack off.

If the movies were canon things would be very confusing indeed.

"Goku?! When did you learn the spirit bomb to defeat Turles? ""Donno! When DID I learn it?"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MY ABACUS! posted:

Are there any good Toriyama interviews out there? I'd be interested to hear an explanation on some things like Gohan laying a huge turd.

I doubt the answer is that interesting, a powerful force failing and forcing the other cast members to step up is basically just the Vegeta fight stretched out a bit.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MY ABACUS! posted:

He just recently said Super animation blew rear end.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/41ozq9/akira_toriyama_complained_to_toei_about_the/cz3yna0

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

That's loving fantastic

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Note it doesn't say animation quality,could just as easily be referring to something else, Japanese is contextual

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It does say that there were other complaints about animation quality, though, so we can imagine that Toriyama's coming from that angle.

And quite honestly, Toei deserves all the poo poo they can get. DBS has been bad, sure, but the One Piece anime is unforgivable. Having Toriyama openly complain about it would be a good thing, I think, and Oda should definitely join his senior.

Even this week's episode had a bunch of clearly off-model shots. That said, as the ending of the Resurrection "F" adaptation, I can honestly say I preferred the Super version overall. It had its flaws (removing most of the "everyone else fights" part, mostly), but it improved a lot on the pacing (a really weird thing to say from a Toei anime!), adding Ginyu and giving Tagoma roles was great, as was getting a bit of Goten and Trunks, Gohan gets to be really cool in his fight with Ginyu and his loss to Freeza is far more dramatic, and I think the finale was more emotional with Gohan going and just hugging Videl and Pan, then deciding he needs to be useful again. Plus, we got some of the training with Whis, though even with that Super Saiyan Blue feels a bit forced.

Basically it feels like Toei used Gohan far better than Toriyama did and I can appreciate that, and I sure as hell hope this sticks for the next arc. Give me SSB Gohan fighting alongside Goku and Vegeta at full power.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If Gohan does become more relevant I dearly hope he still sticks with the nerd getup of tracksuit and coke-bottle glasses.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

It does say that there were other complaints about animation quality, though, so we can imagine that Toriyama's coming from that angle.

And quite honestly, Toei deserves all the poo poo they can get. DBS has been bad, sure, but the One Piece anime is unforgivable. Having Toriyama openly complain about it would be a good thing, I think, and Oda should definitely join his senior.

Oda's making 26 million a year, why would he want to hurt that by complaining

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

gently caress Toei

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oda's making 26 million a year, why would he want to hurt that by complaining

The man could afford to take the berserk/hunterxhunter route of indefinite hiatuses instead of one unscheduled break every two months after fifteen years, I don't think he cares about money beyond nice things for his family.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Pureauthor posted:

If Gohan does become more relevant I dearly hope he still sticks with the nerd getup of tracksuit and coke-bottle glasses.

yeah this is the best Gohan look since the Piccolo outfit, and it makes him seem more like his own person than the Second Goku look he had while fighting Buu

plus green as a primary outfit color is something only Tien has really ever done so its nice to get away from blue and orange too

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Kild posted:

gently caress Toei

Hey, funny story...

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Soo... We should thanks Dragonball Evolution for Battle of Gods?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

This latest episode is good. It's so satisfying to watch Vegeta pummel Frieza. :allears: This is all I wanted from the Super adaptation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's a really good episode. Also it makes me happy because I figure there will be one more episode of RoF wrap up and then we get into New Content.

• Locked thread