Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
if you're playing blade dancer, one of the mechanics they don't explain is that you can animation cancel yourself to avoid some of the casting time on RMB when you Q/E strafe.

What other classes have similar tricks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Does anyone have any character creation tips for getting the "little old kung fu master" look? I've been playing around with sliders but so far my summoner still kinda looks like a delicate twelve year old anime trying to go as Gandalf for Halloween. :laffo:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

mushroom_spore posted:

Does anyone have any character creation tips for getting the "little old kung fu master" look? I've been playing around with sliders but so far my summoner still kinda looks like a delicate twelve year old anime trying to go as Gandalf for Halloween. :laffo:

Body type and sizes are real important. Lower those shoulders and don't make your guy lanky because thats how you look like a 12 year old.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Wish I could get in after work, but my queue is over 100 minutes on Old Man Cho.

:suicide:

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

sinewave posted:

if you're playing blade dancer, one of the mechanics they don't explain is that you can animation cancel yourself to avoid some of the casting time on RMB when you Q/E strafe.

Apparently Destroyer heavily revolves around cancelling LMB into RMB and vice versa. Over on assassin (which I play), the third hit of your autoattack makes you leap in the air with a long animation but can be cancelled into whatever. There's more I'm sure, but still figuring it out.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Count Bleck posted:

Wish I could get in after work, but my queue is over 100 minutes on Old Man Cho.

Buy the $5 pack, you get a week of premium and you can decide whether you want/need to continue it after that.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
If you need an invite on Ol' Dirty Cho Red Faction you can contact: Windchillas, Yurifel, Rote or Korban Toaless. Giving most everyone invite permissions for the time being to get folks invited.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Count Bleck posted:

I'm just gonna wait a week or so to finally play. This is a flavor of the month game and the population will die down real fast.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

DemonMage posted:

Buy the $5 pack, you get a week of premium and you can decide whether you want/need to continue it after that.

Yeah do this. Had a 90 minute que as a free player, got in in less than a minute after the student pack.

Game is pretty good so far, made a Amazon got beat up by Sasuke. 10/10 animes.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

randombattle posted:

Body type and sizes are real important. Lower those shoulders and don't make your guy lanky because thats how you look like a 12 year old.

Lowering the shoulders helped, and yeah I'm definitely going through various slider combos of bulky/fat. The face is the worst though, there's something about the jaw that still screams "this is a child wearing old man makeup."

EDIT: Wait, here we go, "jaw angle" is finally improving on that.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

mushroom_spore posted:

Lowering the shoulders helped, and yeah I'm definitely going through various slider combos of bulky/fat. The face is the worst though, there's something about the jaw that still screams "this is a child wearing old man makeup."

EDIT: Wait, here we go, "jaw angle" is finally improving on that.

The beards help. Here's my little old dude

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Already love this game just for the character creator

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

I said come in! posted:

I'm just gonna wait a week or so to finally play. This is a flavor of the month game and the population will die down real fast.

I think I'll be doing the same... after tonight. I've almost made it through the 5k pub queue, so I'll at least get a taste.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Keegers posted:

Already love this game just for the character creator

A favorite from yesteryear.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

mushroom_spore posted:

The wrinkles are under face sliders.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I just made the hardest core motherfucker I could.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I bought the five bucks of cash shop stuff to get the student pack with, and they're not even showing up on my account. :(

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's a bitching axe skin to go with my cowboy costume?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

How hard would you all say BM or BD are to play well (in PvE, insofar as such a thing matters) compared to Assassin? Thinking about buying a character slot to roll one until I want to play 'sin again.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

How hard would you all say BM or BD are to play well (in PvE, insofar as such a thing matters) compared to Assassin? Thinking about buying a character slot to roll one until I want to play 'sin again.

No class in this game is hard enough to justify not playing if you think they look cool.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Alright then which of BM and BD looks cooler / has more lightning (this is secretly the same question restated)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The blade dancer has more lightning I think, but you're playing the gross pedophile race and I don't think they get the crazy sword summoning thing blade masters get. I'd recommend just sticking to one class and leveling it to 45 so you can actually do the fun stuff in this game, though.

EDIT: Never mind I got confused, Blade Master has the thing where you Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur stance and shoot lightning so they definitely look way cooler.

fadam fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 20, 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

every body was kung fu fightiiiiing

This game feels like Jade Empire except my character is Foxxy Cleopatra. I like it.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Alright then which of BM and BD looks cooler / has more lightning (this is secretly the same question restated)

BD was way more lightning

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I'm actually having more fun with BnS than I thought I would.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i can't figure out if gliding is faster than normal running, or the same? or is it as fast as sprinting?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Skwee posted:

i can't figure out if gliding is faster than normal running, or the same? or is it as fast as sprinting?

Slower than normal running.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Liberatore posted:

Slower than normal running.

Hm, what's the point then? i thought it was going to be some cool way to travel

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
It just lets you skip some obstacles and avoid fall damage, but yeah. I barely use it.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Is there a good "stuff to do after you hit 45" guide?

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Anarkii posted:

Is there a good "stuff to do after you hit 45" guide?

in short, lots and lots of grinding.

Edit: As an actual answer, once you hit 45 you want to start farming soulstones from faction dailies for crafting, and running the four blue dungeons+Blackram Supply Chain and maybe the 24-man one whose name I can't honestly remember right now for mats. Get your gear upgraded. Practice for Mushin's Tower. Get good soul shield sets (Misty Woods pvp one is strong, requires a bit of a dedicated grind to get all 160 emblems but it's not the worst grind you'll do in this game, by far), and then spend time and money trying to get good RNG through soul shield fusion for maximum output.

Akujiki fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jan 20, 2016

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Downloaded this to play with the character creation. I think I succeeded in making a lady with a pretty real-looking grappler build, in abject spite of what this game desperately wants you to look like.

I tried oiling up, but even the lowest amount short of none was just kinda gross to look at. So no thank you (but at least I have a somewhat dirty, greasy complexion).

So,

1. Are there a good assortment of somewhat not shameful outfits for Kung Fu Masters?

2. Are the servers with goon guilds still a giant pain to get into?

Might try stepping in for real sometime this week, if it ain't too bad.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Any spots open for Mushin Red team? I am Skwee in-game

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Who do I annoy to get invited into the EU guild?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

sinewave posted:

Optimal combos for every single class generally involve looping an attack with it's recovery frames canceled into lmb (sometimes notated as R).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mazed posted:

Downloaded this to play with the character creation. I think I succeeded in making a lady with a pretty real-looking grappler build, in abject spite of what this game desperately wants you to look like.

I tried oiling up, but even the lowest amount short of none was just kinda gross to look at. So no thank you (but at least I have a somewhat dirty, greasy complexion).

So,

1. Are there a good assortment of somewhat not shameful outfits for Kung Fu Masters?

2. Are the servers with goon guilds still a giant pain to get into?

Might try stepping in for real sometime this week, if it ain't too bad.

If you hop into the game and hit F3 you can preview most outfits in the game on your current character or a generic one for the other races. That being said, Gon is probably not the best choice if you don't want boobs and/or half your rear end hanging out.

Also any outfit you choose will of course be shameful by default due to lack of oil.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 20, 2016

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

And so the adventures of Sleepy Shen begin. If I can ever get past the queue.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
I finally made it through the last of the current story quests, and I'm liking the story in this a lot more than I thought I would. It's basically Star Wars if it were a Kung Fu movie, and that's just fantastic. It's not art by any means, but I'm now eagerly waiting to see where it goes after the twist at the end of act 3.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I made KFm big dude that looks like akuma from SF, instead of making an anime titty princess except he takes up half the screen and I can't see anything he's fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
So now that the game's launched and I have it downloaded.....

....I just need to wait a few weeks til I can play on Mushin, right?

• Locked thread