Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
so, new map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Banano posted:

so, new map

Well, I like that when it doesn't appear on the vote screen you can bet the other team is packing lrms.

from the couple times I've played it it was not too brawl friendly, but that may just be because we went to dumb spots and got nuked by lrm spam. definately not much cover.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Endbuster posted:

If you're above 45 percent cooling efficiency and have tonnage to spare/filled up all your weapon hardpoints you might as well toss a mk.1 computer in.

The Shadowcat is an amazing murder machine against the deaf, blind, and retarded. Its made of tissue paper and once you start climbing the tiers people are going to catch onto your poo poo and deny you the opportunity to snipe. Enjoy it while it lasts, cause it is super fun when you're playing idiots.

I had to 1v1 a shadowcat at the end of a match on HPG manifold. I went basement and chilled out until he had to come down and fight on my terms. He died.

Yeah pretty much if someone does notice and decide to focus it down you kinda just have to run away and find more cover, and sometimes you get whanged in the right torso a couple times and then it's off to be a mobile ECM for whoever's still around. Thinking about running it into that basement makes me sad, gently caress that I'd just take the draw.

That said I hope this at least carries me through tier 3, poking clueless robots to pieces is pretty fun and makes a lotta spacebucks.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Sweet, I can pick up a 3rd Nova! I'm now tempted to get a Warhammer, but no preorder bonuses...:suicide:

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I swear to god if you guys go on another four-page japanese translation bender I'm going to commit seppuku with a hanzo steel blade that has been folded more than 600 times

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Hrm, I can do 2xAC/20s, 6 tons of ammo, and keep a 280 engine on a WHM-6r

Like so

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Tujague posted:

I swear to god if you guys go on another four-page japanese translation bender I'm going to commit seppuku with a hanzo steel blade that has been folded more than 600 times

all according to keikaku..........

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Tujague posted:

I will post every single DCMS named battlemech just to spite you.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Number19 posted:

Not yet. You might hear more in the February Roadmap or at the town hall later this month.

Thanks 19! I'll continue to pretend I never bought a Flame until then.

Elliotw2 posted:

I will post every single DCMS named battlemech just to spite you.

I am suddenly disappointed that there isn't a Hatamoto-Chi variant with a sword called the 'Hatamoto-Hanzo.'

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Warhammer goes back on the shelf.

It takes back damage from front shots.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

Warhammer goes back on the shelf.

It takes back damage from front shots.

Been running it all day, I have not seen or had that happen.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
it also seems like it's all CT, as well.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

it also seems like it's all CT, as well.

Its tanky and/or xl friendly.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
never change.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
nova might become op with the rescale

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
look i made a good, streakcrow v pubs

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Somebody was talking about PGI sometimes giving out refunds if you cry hard enough?

What are the odds of me getting a refund on the three piece of poo poo Firestarters I bought during the sale. They aren't bad mechs... I do alright in the FS9-S but I just don't like the little shitters. I bought them with cbills. I want my billz back, yo.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
lmao polar highlands is so bad. averaging two and a half minutes per match before you even see the other team

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

A Curvy Goonette posted:

lmao polar highlands is so bad. averaging two and a half minutes per match before you even see the other team

Just an awful, awful map. I seriously don't understand how it got thought up, let alone released.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
if they took two grids out of the circumference it may be better but right now its just too drat big. i'm fairly sure its bigger than sulfurous

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The ranges and time actually open it up more than de_dust, alpine is a good map.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Going to join the "this map is bad" club. It's way too big IMO, big enough where you regularly have to spend several minutes before you can engage the enemy. It blows if you like to brawl, the games are mostly sniping engagements with LRM barrages and no cover. And I can't escape it, I've gotten this map in fully more than half my games today, 4 times in a row once even.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Endbuster posted:

Somebody was talking about PGI sometimes giving out refunds if you cry hard enough?

What are the odds of me getting a refund on the three piece of poo poo Firestarters I bought during the sale. They aren't bad mechs... I do alright in the FS9-S but I just don't like the little shitters. I bought them with cbills. I want my billz back, yo.

They only care if you do it with real money, you're gonna have to learn to shoot butts and like it.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I like Warhammers. Even on poo poo-tier maps.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

God I wish I was in Tier 5. I just wanna roll pubs in dumb gimmick builds.

:negative:

kingcom fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 20, 2016

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Elliotw2 posted:

They only care if you do it with real money, you're gonna have to learn to shoot butts and like it.

I can shoot me some butts. I just hate the drat thing. Sounds dumb, can't aim down, jumpjets kinda poopy. Its like a shittier cheetah. Mistakes were made.

The Quickdraws I bought, however, are the loving real deal.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Internet Explorer posted:

Just an awful, awful map. I seriously don't understand how it got thought up, let alone released.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Skoll posted:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=384&l=704a7721ec25b236815866e273a2c93a3c855620

This is my jump right in, spend zero cbills build on it. It's hot but it hurts people.

ghost edit :

I walked across a firing line my first game with it under combined fire of five mechs, proceeded to murder a Ebon Jag, shut down, and survived the game with 30% health.

Just did my first ever Warhammer drop in this build. SRMhammer is indeed a murdermachine.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

"You know what happens a little too often? Brawling."

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

kingcom posted:

God I wish I was in Tier 5. I just wanna roll pubs in dumb gimmick builds.

:negative:

Now that I've graduated to tier 2 the number of people in tryhard groups using Helios and dropping 12 arty strikes per round is making me want to quit again.

Total bullshit that they are detecting and banning cheaters, we are seeing them constantly, getting headshotted when you are winning for a stunning turn around by the enemy team is one of the clearest indicators. Or watching yourself and then your team mates who are all torso twisting like crazy yet getting CT cored with no problem.

You can really feel when you get beat by a team because they are good, you see the moment when they decide to fade back and swing around for a flank or whatever, as opposed to the cheaters when everyone just dies instantly upon seeing an enemy mech and you watch them make impossible shots one after the other.

Washout fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 20, 2016

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Axetrain posted:

Going to join the "this map is bad" club. It's way too big IMO, big enough where you regularly have to spend several minutes before you can engage the enemy. It blows if you like to brawl, the games are mostly sniping engagements with LRM barrages and no cover. And I can't escape it, I've gotten this map in fully more than half my games today, 4 times in a row once even.

Still better than alpine skirmish/assault.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
map would be good if it were 30-40% smaller

and tier2 does have too many arty strikes. it's kinda really no fun

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
WHAT! MY MULTIPLIERS! WHY!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=168&l=05f5627aa26728c162a531d46396885767670bf0

Urbanmech IIC

or

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the C-UAC-20

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

poo poo fit, poo poo map.

edit: not shown: enemy stalker with 5 lrm 5's and 2 er larges.

double edit: and a 6 lrm 5 jenner 2, oh my god I hate everything about this match

Coolwhoami fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 20, 2016

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Coolwhoami posted:

poo poo fit, poo poo map.
I have seen a disgusting amount of LRM warhammers. It's really, really sad.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Great Beer posted:

Still better than alpine skirmish/assault.

Give it some time, you'll hate it more.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Bait and Swatch posted:

Give it some time, you'll hate it more.

This loving guy was making GBS threads out LRMs on me and my buddies to I made it a mission to kill him, then his buddy came over so I cut his arms off and made him dance. I am a sick disgusting pilot, and apparently the dance commander.

Also the Quickdraw with a bazillion lasers is pretty neat. I got like, 800 damage from shooting buttholes across the map.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Washout posted:

Now that I've graduated to tier 2 the number of people in tryhard groups using Helios and dropping 12 arty strikes per round is making me want to quit again.

Total bullshit that they are detecting and banning cheaters, we are seeing them constantly, getting headshotted when you are winning for a stunning turn around by the enemy team is one of the clearest indicators. Or watching yourself and then your team mates who are all torso twisting like crazy yet getting CT cored with no problem.

You can really feel when you get beat by a team because they are good, you see the moment when they decide to fade back and swing around for a flank or whatever, as opposed to the cheaters when everyone just dies instantly upon seeing an enemy mech and you watch them make impossible shots one after the other.

Right? I just want to experiment with builds and try weird stuff but if I pick anything but max optimal in a solo drop I get gutted every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Do it anyway. You get to try out your wacky builds and your deaths will keep you away from the (cheating) tryhard tiers. Win-win all around. :)

• Locked thread