Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kimsemus posted:

GOTY 2016.

Do people actually download stuff like that beforehand?
Honestly it's probably the best part of the game so you should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Eonwe posted:

:yikes: $100 for the headstart

lol

Didn't some goons spend that much (possibly more) on ArcheAge?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mayostard posted:

Didn't some goons spend that much (possibly more) on ArcheAge?

yes, many goons, but id like to think everyone involved learned from that experience

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Even with the $50 package you still get a 48 hour head start, so you gotta ask if that extra 48 hours is worth another $50. Or if even the first 24 is worth the $30 you need to buy the game at all

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Eonwe posted:

yes, many goons, but id like to think everyone involved learned from that experience

Goons never learn from their mistakes

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
All the preorders come with some head start time. Hopefully it will stagger the player base a bit so we don't end up with whatever is going on in the Blade & Soul discord channel.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrashCat posted:

Even with the $50 package you still get a 48 hour head start, so you gotta ask if that extra 48 hours is worth another $50. Or if even the first 24 is worth the $30 you need to buy the game at all

48 hours is not worth $50 to me probably

ill probably pay $30 since its B2P

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so id still have to pay the $30

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

so id still have to pay the $30
Yeah you're stuck for that one. And they will give out way more CBT2 keys so there's no point paying for that either if you have any ability to watch Twitter and pick one up. Basically no excuse to pay more than $30 unless you just really love having extra digital geegaws

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Eonwe posted:

Nope! Plenty of goons have already posted saying that they paid the $100 for this game already. People did it for B&S too but at least that one gives you a lot of cash shop currency and premium access.

futile
May 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

I spent $150 on ArcheAge and I'd do it again. :boom:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok moneybags's

ill take one $100 pack

thanks in advance

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
in the offchance I actually caught someone feeling generous absolutely do loving not buy me a pack

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

in the offchance I actually caught someone feeling generous absolutely do loving not buy me a pack
give it to me instead i could use the horse

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do not buy this man a founders pack, I can't talk in the #speedruns channel because of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

do not buy this man a founders pack, I can't talk in the #speedruns channel because of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh poo poo I was gonna remove that too. thanks for reminding me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i wouldn't bother friend i dont think flatluigi will let me back in if he ever sees me

im joking its okay!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
greetings from germany, i am going to download the character creator for BLack Desert

kick cancer in the butt

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

:yikes: $100 for the headstart

lol

It is literally AA. Even the pricing is AA.

*clicks buy button*

I keep trying to get out, but the KMMO PVP keeps calling me back!

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Kimsemus posted:

GOTY 2016.

Do people actually download stuff like that beforehand?

Yeah? How am I supposed to sperg out during the headstart if I'm gonna have to spend 3 hours making myself the prettiest witch around?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
that anyone thinks this wont be another archage disappointment has me lollin

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
is it possible to make guy fieri in the character creator

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm nowhere near done with my Dio but I got his basic pose down

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

:chanpop:

Eonwe posted:

I'm nowhere near done with my Dio but I got his basic pose down

:chanpop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Liberatore posted:

Goons never learn from their mistakes

I guess it needs to be said till the end of time, but never ever buy a headstart or founders pack for an MMORPG.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I said come in! posted:

I guess it needs to be said till the end of time, but never ever buy a headstart or founders pack for an MMORPG.

I am fine with this one because I was gonna buy the game for thirty bucks anyway. This "preorder" just happens to have far more bullshit than the normal preorders. But it is all worthless.

The 30 Buck pack comes with:

quote:

The Game ( All I want )
1 Guest Pass 7 Day. ( Worth nothing to me )

3 Housing Décor Coupons ( Useless )
3 Unknown Dye Boxes ( Garbage )
Appearance Change Coupon ( poo poo )
3 Partial Skill Resets ( Worthless )
Steel Toolset Package (All Will be broken by the first day.)

In-game title ( gently caress No )
Family Name Reservation ( Eh )
Character Name Reservation ( Jack poo poo )
Head Start (24hrs) ( Ok I am fine with this )
1 Additional Character Slot ( I don't do multi characters )

The 50 Buck pack has the above plus:

quote:

48 Hour Head Start and assorted additions to the junk above.
Tier 3 Horse ( Useful but easy to get in game )
Horse Whistle (Permanent) ( Extremely Useful )
Pet of choice ( Junk )

Unique Weapon Skin ( Total utter poo poo )

That 50 Buck pack essentially has you paying an additional 20 bucks to play the game one day earlier than the other pack and a horse whistle. The T3 Horse can be roped in game at your own pace and there starting quest chain gives you a free donkey and a free T1 Horse.

Now if you are a complete loving moron you will give them DOUBLE that and make it a cool 100 cheese and with that you get

quote:

All the garbage above
4 Day Head Start
Tier 5 Horse
Some cash shop currency (25$ worth)
The worst looking costume in the game

Which amounts to loving nothing after the game has been out for a few weeks. The cash shop costumes all look better than the preorder poo poo one and the whole deal amounts to no where close to being worth 50 bucks.

Get the 30 Dollar Pack if you have played in the closed beta or watched some streams and think this poo poo is your jam. If not just sit in MMOHMO when the game comes out and snag someone's guest pass.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Kimsemus posted:

It is literally AA. Even the pricing is AA.

*clicks buy button*

I keep trying to get out, but the KMMO PVP keeps calling me back!

*sigh* guess I need to buy this to get to hear kinsemus scream 'gently caress um up!!!! Yeah!' At us. Let's hope its not poo poo.

Though I'll admit to getting a good amount of time out of archage so I'm still not horribly mad about it

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

YOTC posted:

*sigh* guess I need to buy this to get to hear kinsemus scream 'gently caress um up!!!! Yeah!' At us. Let's hope its not poo poo.

Though I'll admit to getting a good amount of time out of archage so I'm still not horribly mad about it

It will most definitely be poo poo, but if you blow 30 bucks and we get two months of fun out of it or something, I can live with that. :toot:

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

:homebrew: :snoop: :homebrew:
steady droppin' hundos

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I paid 50 bucks because I could, so I did. But a hundo is out of the question.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

I'm loving insulted, it's like you don't know me at all.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

The 50 Buck pack has the above plus:

That 50 Buck pack essentially has you paying an additional 20 bucks to play the game one day earlier than the other pack and a horse whistle. The T3 Horse can be roped in game at your own pace and there starting quest chain gives you a free donkey and a free T1 Horse.

Huh, interesting.

How can you get the pet/ horse whistle in the game? I was interested in buying the 50$ edition, becouse I am a moron, but if everything useful out of it can be easily obtained in game or in the cash shop for less than the 20$, I might as well not bother.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Have any of y'all played this in Beta yet? I was just interested in the character creator, but the game itself actually doesn't sound half-bad. I don't usually like MMOs because of the Hotbar stuff and lack of action, but this looks like a normal third person open world action RPG instead?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Lt. Lizard posted:

Huh, interesting.

How can you get the pet/ horse whistle in the game? I was interested in buying the 50$ edition, becouse I am a moron, but if everything useful out of it can be easily obtained in game or in the cash shop for less than the 20$, I might as well not bother.

cash shop, non permanent though I believe

i'm debating if even the horse whistle is worth it at this point, because as I found out later, horses are the dumbest creatures in the BDO animal kingdom. If a mob decides to wail on it, the horse chills there until it is sufficiently stabbed/beaten to death. The simplest solution to having a non-dead horse is to just autoride it to the nearest outpost/gateway/whatever, then leave it in the loving care of apathetic quest NPC's (or far outside of the mob spawn radius).

The issue with this is it often took longer to get back to my horse and ride back than it did to just full sprint back to my destination. It didn't help that t3 horses only run at around 115% of normal movement speed (despite a longer sprint bar), and that horses are prime murder targets for being stupid as poo poo (and one of the few actual methods of causing permanent damage to other players)

It's probably useful if you have a t7 ultrapony and enough disposable income to revive/reset deaths, but I doubt you'd see the benefit of your extra 20 bucks very early on

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Blazing Zero posted:

that anyone thinks this wont be another archage disappointment has me lollin

anyone who thinks this plays anything like archage has me lollin

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Character creator is boss as gently caress. Gameplay looks meh, and lol at gender locked poo poo.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Character creator is boss as gently caress. Gameplay looks meh, and lol at gender locked poo poo.

Yeah, it's pretty detailed. Spent half an hour designing a sorcerer. Then I made an ugly rear end Wizard for their contest thing that's opening up next week.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

A. Beaverhausen posted:

The combat is pretty awesome if you enjoy action based combos as opposed to tab targeting with a hot key for everything. Being able to scale buildings parkour style is pretty sweet too.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Eonwe posted:

with that being said, discord is a lot better than mumble

mumble is good and has the fact that a lot of people use it going for it, but the voice quality is the same, there are a lot more features for Discord, it works awesome on mobile, etc

I don't have a problem with discord itself, but I don't get why we need auth layers like the discord server is for the highest level eve ops or some poo poo. It's a sign that the people setting it up want to do something with it that I don't want to bother with. Like, all you need for CTS is access to PGS and the ability to right click yourself in mumble. The only reason to require more than that is because there are deep dark secret meetings or some poo poo, and we get away with those anyway on CTS because the angerdome is buried under a metric fuckton of other channels so no one sees it anyway.

My 2 cents, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I don't have a problem with discord itself, but I don't get why we need auth layers like the discord server is for the highest level eve ops or some poo poo. It's a sign that the people setting it up want to do something with it that I don't want to bother with. Like, all you need for CTS is access to PGS and the ability to right click yourself in mumble. The only reason to require more than that is because there are deep dark secret meetings or some poo poo, and we get away with those anyway on CTS because the angerdome is buried under a metric fuckton of other channels so no one sees it anyway.

My 2 cents, anyway.

And I agree, the only auth layer I am adding is just something verifying whether or not a user has an unbanned SA account or not. I'm not going for EVE xenophobia, nor do I care to, there is no reason for it.

• Locked thread