Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

As a Millennial I posted:

Here's the "armored personnel carrier"

I'm gettin hype

Great, now we get to see just how effective these revolutionaries are when their ARs and shotguns plink off the side of an MRAP :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

oregonlive.com - jan. 19th, 2016

Pictured: FBI officials concerned about reports of pouting and crankiness inside the Malheur Sanctuary deliver an armored truck to the occupying militia. Officials apologized profusely for not being able to apply the custom Militia designed Malheur County Resource Center logo in time for the delivery, and as a mea culpa, are currently negotiating a visit from FuelTV's "Jed and McDermott's Pimp My Bunker".

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

They should temporarily change the refuge into a army tank training base.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Feds took over part of a hospital nearby and staffed it with surgeons, expecting some violence?

I hope this scares these jackasses into surrendering

**unconfirmed**

Setset fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 19, 2016

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqEYMaYo1Yo

I'm not sure if Pete's making GBS threads himself from fear or making GBS threads himself from excitement, but either way, there's a lot of poo poo coming out.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
Looks like the FBI/Triage thing was reported by http://tvoinews.com

I can get to the home page about 1 out of 5 times when I try to load it. Looks like it's getting hammered.

Edit - Best comment so far: "Hey surgical team, sew this guys lips shut please!"

FAUXTON posted:

"TVOI" is a sovcit blog, by the way.
Ha, of course it is

Spun Dog fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 19, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

"TVOI" is a sovcit blog, by the way. The guy who signed for my gummi bears runs it.

http://tvoinews.com/podcasts-2/michael-emry-founder/

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 19, 2016

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

You know, having dug through these guys' biographies, it really is a who's who of the most blustery right wing bloggers from all over the country. If the FBI play their cards right, the internet will be a much saner and quieter place once they're done with their prosecutions.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Duke Igthorn posted:

They don't even have a photograph of a guy who drive a stolen vehicle 30 miles. Not to mention, yet again, the last Bundy stand off resulted in the shooting death of two police officers by members looking to escalate. After 9/11 is the process for an airplane hijacking still "give them what they want and don't resist"?
The local sheriff has already said he agrees with their views, and right wing militias are too hot a potato for anyone to risk their political lives doing anything at any time. There is no secret plan, the entire plan is "hope it goes away".

Uhhhhh I think you'll find that those shootings were totally and completely unrelated and we'll never know why they committed their heinous crimes. furthermore they were liberals

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Epic High Five posted:

Uhhhhh I think you'll find that those shootings were totally and completely unrelated and we'll never know why they committed their heinous crimes. furthermore they were transgender liberals

Fixed that for you.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

kartikeya posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqEYMaYo1Yo

I'm not sure if Pete's making GBS threads himself from fear or making GBS threads himself from excitement, but either way, there's a lot of poo poo coming out.

Can't watch the video right now, but I will assume that FAUXTON's gift worked as intended.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/chrisliedle/status/689595007054041088

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

The FEDS told the crooked Doctors to Lie to the Media!! :tinfoil:

Ran Mad Dog
Aug 15, 2006
Algeapea and noodles - I will take your udon!
Are the bad men dead yet? If not, then how the hell is this still going on?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Ran Mad Dog posted:

Are the bad men dead yet? If not, then how the hell is this still going on?

Actually in quite an interesting twist last night they had a meeting and made a pretty compelling point that WE are the bad men. So....kill yourself, I guess?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Ursula K. Le Guin is not a fan of the takeover:

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2016/01/19/3740829/ursula-k-le-guin-oregon-lte/

quote:

The Oregonian’s A1 headline on Sunday, Jan. 17, “Effort to free federal lands,” is inaccurate and irresponsible. The article that follows it is a mere mouthpiece for the scofflaws illegally occupying public buildings and land, repeating their lies and distortions of history and law.

Ammon Bundy and his bullyboys aren’t trying to free federal lands, but to hold them hostage. I can’t go to the Malheur refuge now, though as a citizen of the United States, I own it and have the freedom of it. That’s what public land is: land that belongs to the public — me, you, every law-abiding American. The people it doesn’t belong to and who don’t belong there are those who grabbed it by force of arms, flaunting their contempt for the local citizens.

Those citizens of Harney County have carefully hammered out agreements to manage the refuge in the best interest of landowners, scientists, visitors, tourists, livestock and wildlife. They’re suffering more every day, economically and otherwise, from this invasion by outsiders.

Instead of parroting the meaningless rants of a flock of Right-Winged Loonybirds infesting the refuge, why doesn’t The Oregonian talk to the people who live there?

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1061878580530261&id=1053081328076653&substory_index=0

quote:

THURSDAY, JANUARY 14 -- Oregon State Police (OSP) stopped a vehicle for a lighting violation. The driver -- Dwane Kirkland, of Hamilton, Montana -- was arrested on charges of Felon in Possession of a Firearm. He was in possession of a handgun and a rifle. The vehicle he was driving had switched plates and was uninsured.
I take it all back, let them stay there as long as they want as long as we can keep hearing about their exploits. These people are hilarious. hashtag arerights

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
:toxx:

This will end when one (or more) people who have spent some time at the refuge will, for totally unknown reasons, go on a shooting spree. They will die, and afterwards the militants will explain that they had kicked those people out for being crazy and never really affiliated with them.

Everybody goes home with no punishments beyond some small misdemeanors for the most egregious offenders (if that), and it is as though nothing happened. Except for the families of the victims

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Ninkobei posted:

Feds took over part of a hospital nearby and staffed it with surgeons, expecting some violence?

I hope this scares these jackasses into surrendering

**unconfirmed**

If they really wanted to gently caress with them, they'd rename the hospital "FEMA CAMP".

Perhaps tell them that Obamas death panel is waiting for them there.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shbobdb posted:

This will end when one (or more) people who have spent some time at the refuge will, for totally unknown reasons, go on a shooting spree. They will die, and afterwards the militants will explain that they had kicked those people out for being crazy and never really affiliated with them.

Everybody goes home with no punishments beyond some small misdemeanors for the most egregious offenders (if that), and it is as though nothing happened. Except for the families of the victims

Damnit, thats not going to happen a second time.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Well something better fuckin happen soon cause this poo poo is boring now.

Someone mail Pete some meth and kick start this rodeo.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Shbobdb posted:

Everybody goes home with no punishments beyond some small misdemeanors for the most egregious offenders (if that), and it is as though nothing happened.

Seems pretty likely. I wouldn't be surprised if the relatively tech-savvy shithead who accessed the BLM computers gets hit the hardest.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I like how, when Pete thought poo poo was about to go down, he immediately scurried off to the courthouse. You know, far, far away from ground zero.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, goons. You can toxx with me!

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Shbobdb posted:

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, goons. You can toxx with me!

The next time you toxx, it will be war?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The next time we all toxx together, it will be victory.

Super Fi my brother in whiteness!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

At least if someone takes a shot, we'll get some interesting footage. Maybe Pete will livestream from the front lines of a gunfight!

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme

quote:

John Sepulvado ‏@JohnLGC 47m47 minutes ago

I wanna mention something Finicum told me on Sunday -- they are not going home. There is no exit strategy. #bundymilitia

yah think?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Hey, pulling out is against their religion.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Crain posted:

Hey, pulling out is against their religion.

I thought that was the only legit option, but that might be Catholics.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

kartikeya posted:

A few more links I've run into this morning.

This guy sums up what this argument is about pretty neatly: http://z1.hcn.org/hcn/hcn/articles/im-not-so-different-from-the-bundys-heres-what-id-like-to-say-to-them

And remember, it's just a bird sanctuary. Clearly there's nothing of real value there--oh wait.

http://www.kgw.com/news/4000-artifacts-stored-at-oregon-refuge-held-by-armed-group/15241509

Bonus idiocy from that link:

Always nice to see a bunch of entitled, destructive white morons fail to understand the importance of understanding the past 20,000 years of human history in the Americas and the dynamic relationships between humans and nature played out across that time. There is a wealth of usefulness to "modern cultures" that can be gleaned from understanding how humans succeeded and failed in the past.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

As a Millennial I posted:

Bundy supporters now claim that the kid who testified against the Hammonds had mental issues and made it all up or was paid off by the feds. The photos of his sandpaper wounds, idk, I guess he did that to himself? And the police made up the Hammonds' confession?

Ya never know, I guess. There was that one bitch back in like '08 that cut a 'b' in her face and claimed an Obama supporter mugged her and did that. Some people are that loving crazy. But I doubt that kid was what they claim, even more so given their known history of factual knowledge and upholding truth

ozmunkeh posted:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1061878580530261&id=1053081328076653&substory_index=0

I take it all back, let them stay there as long as they want as long as we can keep hearing about their exploits. These people are hilarious. hashtag arerights

Interesting how many of these upstanding people are actually felons or living on the dole of what the evil government pays them

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 20, 2016

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

Ya never know, I guess. There was that one bitch back in like '08 that cut a 'b' in her face and claimed an Obama supporter mugged her and did that. Some people are that loving crazy. But I doubt that kid was what they claim, even more so given their known history of factual knowledge and upholding truth

Yeah, and this bothers me, because this is often the excuse trotted out when someone who has mental or emotional issues complains about abuse. Oh noo, they're just making it up, they're crazy, see?

Not that it doesn't happen, sure. But it's not like these guys have any idea. They're just invested in 'those poor Hammonds!' so of course they're going to write off the alleged victim of a pretty ugly child abuse case. Being legit crazy doesn't mean you just do random stuff for no reason and without explanation. That's why there are different types of mental illness and why every case is different. Crazy is just a catch-all term for 'something has gone haywire upstairs in some way', but to the mentally ill person what they're doing often makes sense. There's a logical progression from point A to point B, even if their 'logic' is not something that remotely resembles what people without mental illness would call logic. Emotional issues are harder to pin down (I say this as someone who has both) because your brain chemistry doesn't necessarily need a train of thought to radically alter your mood. But of course that doesn't make you immune to abuse, and being willing to engage in self harm doesn't make someone else harming you okay (I know you're not saying this, I'm just speaking in general).

Either way, denial is convenient for them.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

ozmunkeh posted:

Following on from that, here's coverage of the community meeting:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/oregon_standoff_anger_frustrat.html

Bundy and some of his crew attended, in a non-stolen vehicle this time (lol), and sat quietly while residents chanted "Go! Go! Go!".

Meanwhile, counter-protests are slowly ramping up:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/occupy-this-anti-bundy-couple-vows-to-camp-outside-oregon-refuge-and-torment-militants-until-they-leave/
http://katu.com/news/local/rally-planned-to-support-malheur-natl-wildlife-refuge-these-lands-belong-all-of-us

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I can't imagine that Ammon's ego is feeling good after that. I wonder how he'll react.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ratoslov posted:

I can't imagine that Ammon's ego is feeling good after that. I wonder how he'll react.

Denial, claiming he has the town's support, moving the goalposts on when he'll leave.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

quote:

Police presence was heavy, with uniformed officers inside the gymnasium, lining the entry hall, and posted outside.

I still can't get over this. Tons of police, but not doing a goddamned thing.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ Fed issue, local police really can't do much. Even if these guys phone threatened and slashed tires, unless the cops have something more to go with than probability, there's about gently caress all they can really do. At this point all they can do is try to keep the peace at these meetings like police have to keep the peace at a Westboro protest

Ratoslov posted:

Given that's what he's been getting from day one, I'm sure it's just a blip in time for him, something he can ignore or write off as the feds buying off the townsfolk or bringing in a bunch of outsiders to pose as the town

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jan 20, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ratoslov posted:

Given what we've seen of this manchild's ego, nothing short of a divine decree would get him to pause. Even then, he'd find some way to rationalize it as a truck so he can keep leading his band of idiots in fighting for imaginary laws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Lmao Dan Savage is hopping on the dildo militia train in his Dear Abby column.

Someone asked what to do with used dildos that aren't being used anymore, and he talked about appropriate/responsible disposal and he highly suggested that they don't send it to the militia in Oregon and posted the address.

• Locked thread