Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Neutrino posted:

Low speed or high speed would destroy anything plastic. Its pretty obvious from the picture that it wasn't articulating when it approached the pole. Still call fake - never saw an emergency shutoff like that on any construction equipment. About 90% of the pictures shown on Imgur are staged or have descriptions that are fake.

Also the roller is absolutely pristine which means it's unlikely to be an actual operational mishap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Its not that clean- bout what i'd expect for a machine working bitumen. And dont ever count on a company adding E stops to ANYTHING in the worst possible spot. We've got a government bobcat with an E-Stop you cant actually press when the door is shut... And you cant operate the bobcat with the door open!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

:ughh:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

It's like a 3D Escher painting

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Cutting out all but 1/2" of a supporting timber, not once, but repeatedly. And then just nailing them in place. Makes you wonder what'll go bust first, that roof or the company responsible for it.

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius
They also appears to have severed the bottom chord of their trusses. I don't know what the gently caress they were trying to accomplish there but it's hosed.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zhentar posted:

They also appears to have severed the bottom chord of their trusses. I don't know what the gently caress they were trying to accomplish there but it's hosed.

It's held up by the suspension of disbelief.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

flosofl posted:

It's held up by the suspension of disbelief.

Load-bearing hopes and dreams?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I hope whoever built that is responsible for installing the sheet material on top of it.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I hope whoever built that is responsible for installing the sheet material on top of it.

I hope whoever built that is responsible for installing the drywall under it.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

I actually hope that's in a snow-prone area so that it collapses before some poor schmuck roofer is walking around on it trying to bid a reroof.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
The wood situation is bad enough on its own, but what's going on with that diamond plate?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Are you referring to the truss plates?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

GotLag posted:

Are you referring to the truss plates?
I had to squint really hard -- at the picture's resolution, they really, really look like rectangles of regular aluminum diamond plate.

nota
Dec 9, 2013

Jordanis posted:

I actually hope that's in a snow-prone area so that it collapses before some poor schmuck roofer is walking around on it trying to bid a reroof.

I hope it collapses before anyone starts living under it. But the fact that someone took a picture suggests something has been done about it at least.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Maybe it was the roof layer taking the picture before getting back down and telling the builder to go gently caress himself.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The worst part is that if this had been tightly tenoned in or whatever it still would have been bad but at least somewhat stronger.

morethanjake32
Apr 5, 2009

Comedy option: Maybe they just haven't installed a poo poo ton of HU24's? Although that is a huge gap from that 2x8.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

What happens when you build a bathroom out of leftovers from other jobs?

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush

there wolf posted:

How do you turn on the sink?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

How do you turn on off the sink?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You flush the toilet.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

That is quite an impressive bend on the conduit connected to the lightbulb.

Against code in a dozen ways, but impressive.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hey, at least they were thoughtful enough to use a quarter-turn on the showerhead instead of a gate valve.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

How do you turn on the sink?

Foot pedals?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Bad Munki posted:

You flush the toilet.

By turning on the light.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

fisting by many posted:

That is quite an impressive bend on the conduit connected to the lightbulb.

Against code in a dozen ways, but impressive.

I think hope that particular job exists in a country that doesn't know the term "code".

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Munki posted:

Hey, at least they were thoughtful enough to use a quarter-turn on the showerhead instead of a gate valve.

Maybe the gate valve is what turns the sink on.

I'm bored so I looked into it further. The picture is from thishttp://www.apartmenttherapy.com/house-tour-dan-s-apartment-of-artful-assemblages-191837#_. The rest of the apartment seems nice enough, but I maintain that that bathroom is butt-ugly on top of the questionable workmanship and it's only the foul spells of the vintage/upcycle/rustic aesthetic trend that deludes people into thinking otherwise.

Also the sink's handles are just out of shot in the photo.

there wolf fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 23, 2016

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
I'm pretty sure these have been talked about in this thread: Big Clive takes apart a heated showerhead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNjA0aee07k

:stare:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Stolen from Reddit:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
They could've at least made MarioLuigi or something.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRGLfpFOQIg

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

there wolf posted:

God help me, I kind of like it. It'd be better with an actual knob for the shower, and, y'know, some way to control the faucet, but it has this kind of post apocalyptic home decor magazine charm.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

there wolf posted:

gently caress these hipster DIY morons

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Slanderer posted:

gently caress these hipster DIY morons

This looks so bad it'd almost be worth having a sink you can't turn on.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goddamn that's so awful on every level. No matter where my eyes go on the picture there's something new and terrible.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Every single thing in that picture could be neat if done correctly. Instead they either cheaped out on it or just got whatever idiot on the street they could find to put it up. My eyes are bleeding.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
It's favela chic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I think the owner just isn't that good with some kinds of construction/craftsmanship and chooses to see it as an aesthetic instead of lovely work. Also I can't look at those two chunks of stone without thinking they exist just to cover a person's boobs and crotch to keep the PG-13 rating.