Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Make it happen IOC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Lets see yours mate. With proof.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Lets see yours mate. With proof.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Buce gets loving meta.

Edit: I'm still laughing at this. You're a loving savage.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 20, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

:lol:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Holy poo poo :perfect:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Let's all take selfies.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Let's all take selfies.

You first. Make sure you have a bottle of your own piss to id yourself in frame

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Australian Government are hoping that a bunch on Belgian businessmen will try to keep the soon to be closed down Holden factory open, probably in the same way that the British Government hoped that the Phoenix Consortium would keep MG Rover going back in the early 2000 when BMW washed its hands of it:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/20/christopher-pyne-backs-belgian-trying-to-save-holden-plant-in-south-australia

Hint to the Australian Government: It's not going to work

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Enourmo - you need to work on being less goon.jpg.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

What a clusterfuck. Do you have bank records showing your payments to them?

Somewhere. Hell I can just go to Blue Cross's website and pull up the payments (and subsidies).

I'm on the phone with them now, they claim there's no way I have 2015's 1095-A and that I must be looking at 2014's, but the letter is dated Jan 16th 2016 and it's under 2015's messages, they're still claiming I'm looking at 2014's even though everything in it is dated 2015 (except for the date it was generated, which was a few days ago). :downsgun: He finally talked to his supe and told me I'll probably be getting 1-2 more by Jan 31st, since I reported a couple of life changes last year.

Geoj posted:

Costs are just half of it. Before passage of the bill it was absurd what the insurance industry would use as an excuse to not only decline coverage, but also blacklist people from ever obtaining insurance again across the entire industry.

Yup. I'm sure I'm blacklisted from ever buying private insurance on my own (outside of the marketplace) - diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and insurance paid for me to go to rehab last year.

kimbo305 posted:

I had a prof that was famously vicious about no ringers on in lecture, and made that very clear at the start of the semester. This was a huge 250 person freshman class.
Some girl's phone went off maybe 10min into class, and he stopped and asked whose it was. He said that person needed to get up and leave.

I had a professor that was even worse - not only did you get kicked out for the day, but you had to meet him in his office before you could return to class. His office hours were 2 days a week for about 2 hours a day. You also lost your attendance grade for the day, which means you automatically lost points on your next exam.

You should have seen how bad he flipped his poo poo when the severe weather warning went off on everyone's cellphones during a tornado warning, I thought he was going to have a stroke. ~400 person class, with about 400 phones all going off at once (including his - the severe weather alert built into most cellphones ignores any mute/quiet settings).

I had another professor who at least tried to make it funny - if someone's phone rang in class, he'd walk up and take the phone away from the student, then answer it himself and tell them he's their instructor, they're in class, shall I pass along a message? :v: That was a much, much smaller class though (probably 30 people).

jamal posted:

Flying to az to visit some family. Somehow a swab of my hands came up positive for explosives so I got an extra thorough screening.

Haven't had that test say anything, but I almost always get pulled aside for "random screening" when I fly.

Dropping "oh honey, you're going to have to buy me a few drinks before you go there" when they start feeling inside the waistband of my pants/shorts almost always ends the extra screening in a hurry. :gay:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Let's all take selfies.

Nobody said they had to be recent, did they?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 20, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I did my good deed for the day and yanked a terrible HID install with the OE housing out of an H2 for a customer. I set his original lights with new shiny sylvanias (with terrible blue film) up and he was super happy with the whole thing. :toot:

And helped sell a $1600 transmission. The planets were definately in alignment tonight.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Honestly we don't have to do this. Nothing to do with you being an ugly bunch of fuckers, promise.

Short list for this weekend :
2 S40s, 2 V50s, a panda, an Audi A2, 2 vw polos.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Cakefool posted:

Honestly we don't have to do this. Nothing to do with you being an ugly bunch of fuckers, promise.

corn stole your picture, didn't they?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

corn stole your picture, didn't they?

Anyone who wants to perv my pictures can hop on Facebook, I look like the illegitimate lovechild of James May and Scott Bakula.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

hey man ive never claimed to be pretty alright

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Enourmo posted:

hey man ive never claimed to be pretty alright

You know what you need? A bunch of people on the internet re-enforcing your negative body image.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Shave! Shave! Shave! Shave!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

im still ugly when i shave but then its a high-maintenance ugly

why bother when i can be lazy

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Enourmo posted:

You must listen to a lot of Good Charlotte.

e: selfie with idiot dog

angryhampster fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jan 20, 2016

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

angryhampster posted:

You must listen to a lot of Good Charlotte.

who

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Drove to Atlanta last night, traffic was loving flying so made good time. Customer says parts haven't arrived but we can work on a flaky IB card so it isn't a wasted trip. hahahahahaha :bang:

Bring on the blizzard though I'm hoping I can fix this quick and head back tonight instead of spending another night in a hotel.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
gently caress I hate middle management's IT ideas from 1996. "You must use the official company Word template!!!111". Ugly as sin and created in 2004. And why do we even create dumb documents in TYOOL 2016? loving Wiki/Confluence that poo poo. Accessible from everywhere on everything, instantly revision controlled, easy to see who did what and when, no multiple versions floating around...

Some day a dozen smart guys younger than our oldest t-shirts will kill this company dead.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-jC3H_8Dk4

.......I don't get that comment.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Hey look! It's John Romero!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

bolind posted:

gently caress I hate middle management

Some day a dozen smart guys younger than our oldest t-shirts will kill this company dead.

You don't get the big picture do you?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Enourmo posted:

Last week you were complaining of being an overweight, single, train wreck. That's why you should bother not being so lazy as to grow a hobo beard.

bolind posted:

gently caress I hate middle management's IT ideas from 1996. "You must use the official company Word template!!!111". Ugly as sin and created in 2004. And why do we even create dumb documents in TYOOL 2016? loving Wiki/Confluence that poo poo. Accessible from everywhere on everything, instantly revision controlled, easy to see who did what and when, no multiple versions floating around...

I have just spent 2 weeks working on a big bid with 4 other people. Trying to use Sharepoint/Onedrive for business to collaborate on the documents. Doesn't loving work properly and I'm and IT guy not a normal user.

Its going to take a while for 'normal' management types to think about adopting proper shared working habits if there are still lovely solutions that don't work well enough for the most IT literate users to use them. Microsoft are now kings of software that always works like it is in beta (see also windows phone 10 which still doesn't work properly after 12 months)

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Man, gently caress Sharepoint. I contract for the Air Force and we are mandated to use it despite the fact that I t never loving works right.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Tomarse posted:

I have just spent 2 weeks working on a big bid with 4 other people. Trying to use Sharepoint/Onedrive for business to collaborate on the documents. Doesn't loving work properly and I'm and IT guy not a normal user.

Ugh. Sharepoint. What a joke.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

You don't get the big picture do you?

Probably not. I'm mainly venting though, I, and the company, are making more money than we ever have, so we must be doing something right.

Have a feeler out with another company though, and they seem cool as gently caress. Little nerdy department located far away from HQ, populated by PhDs and a 100 core system to run nightly tests on.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

We use Sharepoint for vacation/holiday requests and it's a horrible horrible mess which forces us to use a calendar setup which is just awful and doesn't work at all in an intuitive manner. It's also so poo poo we have to basically repeat the request in email form because sometimes the system doesn't forward the requests for approval.

...it's far shitter than the webpage we had for it before which just asked when you wanted to book and your name. Progress!

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Oh God, vacation...

How it should be: upon verbal or written approval from relevant managers, you open a web page and punch in your vacay. It tells you how much you've got left, puts it in your calendar, and informs the relevant parties. Other people can look up when and if you're on vacation.

How it is: You have to email you manager, your project leader, HR, payroll, update at least one spreadsheet, update your calendar and out-of-office autoreply thingie and STILL a middle manager will, once summer or Christmas approaches, send out a mass email asking you to fill in his lovely little table so he can later spam that out to everyone to show that he did some managing that week.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Me in my new hat

In other news, I have a cat hair in my eyeball and can't get it out.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Finally got a faint 2nd line on my test. Only been like 47 days. :wtf: And I blew out my back again so I won't be exercising anytime soon to gently caress it up. I could barely get downstairs this morning. Cause of back injury this time? Bending over to out soap in the dishwasher.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Finally got a faint 2nd line on my test. Only been like 47 days. :wtf: And I blew out my back again so I won't be exercising anytime soon to gently caress it up. I could barely get downstairs this morning. Cause of back injury this time? Bending over to out soap in the dishwasher.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I hosed my back up for months when I bent down to clean up some spilled coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Our entire department is switching to a que based system where everything has to be entered entirely in SharePoint and we have to pull tasks out from that :smithicide:

• Locked thread