Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
«Let's look up his daughter and write her.»

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Chalks posted:

If anyone doubts my trustworthiness just ask the guy sending people pictures of his dick.

Just keep it simple I hear he has a short span at attention I mean a short attention span.

MeLKoR posted:

«Let's look up his daughter and write her.»

But don't put anything else in there, just send them some links without any explanation we don't want to come across as creepy or deranged or something right?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Just keep it simple I hear he has a short span at attention I mean a short attention span.

But don't put anything else in there, just send them some links without any explanation we don't want to come across as creepy or deranged or something right?

The beauty of her scheme is , she wont have to part with $100 ...she can just forward whoever it is a JPEG.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

EightAce posted:

The beauty of her scheme is , she wont have to part with $100 ...she can just forward whoever it is a JPEG.

It's good to see they learned something from sitting at the feet of their scammaster.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

quote:

Dear M'Lady

I am writing to inform you that your husband Dr Derek Smart has been very rude about an unreleased video game that I like very much. Not only that, but he also implied that his own video games are good despite the fact that I disagree. He is also guilty of redirecting me to his blog on several occasions.

Kind regards

An insane redditor

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

when will these idiots learn if chris doesn't spew it from his maw its not credible, jesus they call him chairman and everyone assumes its the guy that could seat a family on his lap.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

So… do any of the more public people at CIG do anything that's actually related to their job title?

The CEO doesn't seem to do a lot of executive-level managing, instead focusing on minutiae like directing mocap sessions, directing art, wiring media-bashing posts, and failing to deliver long-term planning documents.

The VP of marketing seems to do a lot of community relations stuff, acting in mocap sessions, appearing in community-cheering videos, and failing to actually generate any marketing — you know, outreach to new potential customers — for the game.

We two instances of some kind of community manager. One whose biggest claim to fame is to “run” a minute fan website, where ”managing” meant ”my way or the highway” and who has kept it up in his new position; who keeps lying to the community, but who, to his defence, appears in the aforementioned community cheering videos, which is at least somewhat related to his role. And one that doesn't seem to do much “managing” at all…

We have a video editor who keeps appearing in front of the camera as opposed to, as one might expect, in the editing booth that prepares those videos for public consumption.

The only one I can think of that seems to at least appear to be in the right place is Erin, although he's been roped in to waste time on community cheering as well, when it doesn't seem to be what he wants to do (or is any good at). At least here is someone who has a history of getting poo poo done and producing games.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Sometimes this thread is like.....

And then it's like.....

And then the people on reddit trying to harass derek will be like...

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

:airquote: Miscommunication. :airquote:

$100 million company didn't write a software spec well enough to differentiate between being able to use store credit and having to use cold hard cash.

Ok. :3:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

TTerrible posted:

$100 million company didn't write a software spec well enough to differentiate between being able to use store credit and having to use cold hard cash.

Wow every company CIG works with screws up in some manner. Good job CIG is not to blame again

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Berious posted:

Wow every company CIG works with screws up in some manner. Good job CIG is not to blame again

:gary: :gary: CIG cannot fail, they can only be failed. Carry on, Citizen. :yarg: :yarg:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I just hope CIG do in-house catering it would suck if the whole dev team got food poisoning just before a deadline or something and needed two weeks recovery time

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Wolf Knight does all of their catering.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Berious posted:

I just hope CIG do in-house catering it would suck if the whole dev team got food poisoning just before a deadline or something and needed two weeks recovery time

They only need to the lead programmer to get sick and they can all take the time off.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/314155/johnny-depp-in-sq42-rumor

You have got to be loving kiding me ................ They are like lemmings

Well, Croberts and Sandi only care about burning millions in backer money to try to reclaim the Hollywood dream

And Johnny Depp has a track record of being in really lovely movies

Sounds plausible to me!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLastRoboKy posted:

They only need to the lead programmer to get sick and they can all take the time off.

The real question is what happens when Sandi gets ill

If she didn't have the best immune system on four continents I mean

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

Not only that but the unmelt process that the new system came in to replace, only used store credit.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

AP posted:

Not only that but the unmelt process that the new system came in to replace, only used store credit.

Good.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

EightAce posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/314155/johnny-depp-in-sq42-rumor

You have got to be loving kiding me ................ They are like lemmings

i for one base all my game purchasing decisions on what celebrities are part of the project

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ash1138 posted:

but they already have artificial gravity. it's not like babylon 5 where the humans have to do it because they haven't invented artificial gravity and all the aliens that have won't give it to them. the ship has artificial gravity in front and in back, but in the middle it's spinny bits because...................................??????

Ash1138 posted:

babylon 5

There you go. It's fairly obvious that there's people that simply copy something that looks right without knowing 'why' they're sticking aerodynamic surfaces on a spaceship, or resting several hundred tonnes on little sticky legs, or that a rotating section needs a bloody good reason.

Beet Wagon posted:

Nah, it's spinning bcuz COOL. All the SC ships have some sort of artificial gravity, I think. Either way if you feel like being a math nerd, right now the Orion is listed at 170 meters in length.

Cheers, I'll have a laugh later.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The real question is what happens when Sandi gets ill

If she didn't have the best immune system on four continents I mean

They would probably just wipe the ticket queue for those days and also destroy the calendars.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

I'm having trouble comprehending this melting/unmelting garbage. As far as I can tell you can take a jpg you've paid for with money and "melt" it by turning it into store credit, but to "unmelt" it you have to buy it again with cash? I don't really want to dig into this so if any one here knows what any of this gibberish actually means then i'd be grateful to hear about it

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Gilganixon posted:

I'm having trouble comprehending this melting/unmelting garbage. As far as I can tell you can take a jpg you've paid for with money and "melt" it by turning it into store credit, but to "unmelt" it you have to buy it again with cash? I don't really want to dig into this so if any one here knows what any of this gibberish actually means then i'd be grateful to hear about it

im still of the opinion that its some money laundering scheme or something. what with the whole grey market poo poo of selling jpegs.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Just imagine the outrage if someone posted «I know this wish isn't exactly kosher for this thread, but I honestly wish that someone would just kick Chris front teeth in already.»

gently caress these people.

Also, it's lovely that the new narrative on reddit is that "DS doxxed their children" when it wasn't even DS that linked Sandi's IMDB public profile and that now that's the justification for going after his children.

Serious, burn it all to the ground. This is the most toxic community I've even trawled and in my "internet career" I've done Stormfront and religious fundamentalist groups. Jesus Christ this unholy combination of delusion and nastiness is just the worst, you usually get one or the other.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jan 20, 2016

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Gilganixon posted:

I think that is it. You can unmelt things you've previously owned but can't currently purchase, too. I think.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I impulsively want to violently harm someone but I also want that person to find peace and solace in their life. Hopefully before I become reflexively violent and threatening again.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I impulsively want to violently harm someone but I also want that person to find peace and solace in their life. Hopefully before I become reflexively violent and threatening again.

Okay...

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

Just imagine the outrage if someone posted «I know this wish isn't exactly kosher for this thread, but I honestly wish that someone would just kick Chris front teeth in already.»

gently caress these people.

Also, it's lovely that the new narrative on reddit is that "DS doxxed their children" when it wasn't even DS that linked Sandi's IMDB public profile and that now that's the justification for going after his children.

Serious, burn it all to the ground. This is the most toxic community I've even trawled and in my "internet career" I've done Stormfront and religious fundamentalist groups. Jesus Christ this unholy combination of delusion and nastiness is just the worst, you usually get one or the other.

He did tweet it afaik and it was a dick move imho. Doesn't make the crap that goes on in that sub-reddit any more OK.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

MeLKoR posted:

This is the most toxic community I've even trawled and in my "internet career" I've done Stormfront and religious fundamentalist groups. Jesus Christ this unholy combination of delusion and nastiness is just the worst, you usually get one or the other.

I feel the same. I've deep-trolled Scientology and right wing UK fascist organisations, and nothing has come close to the toxicity of the CIG community.

MeLKoR posted:

Serious, burn it all to the ground.

:agreed:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

padijun posted:

ok of all the dumb bullshit that is star citizen this part makes me the maddest:

some artist tasked with making spaceship assets got bored, decided to take a walkabout, noticed someone left the server room door open, wandered in, saw some 40u racks, and was like "yeah... this is what would be in space"

Don't laugh, someone had to do it. The Starliner specifically has hot swappable servers for in-flight entertainment. During flight they might fail and you or a hired NPC has to swap them out. I wonder how long that animation is. It's sad but true.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ether posted:

What a well-balanced individual, make sure you archive this nugget redditors.

Journalists know. hell, Derek knows, it's not like he's some loving secret that we wheeled out, we've been taking the piss for _years_.

We're into mondo irony territory, which as true humorists know is something like four levels above :catdrugs:

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I tried reading the hobbit but only got through like 10 pages, I was on holiday in wales

DUDE

TTerrible posted:

Creepy rear end goons. Digging into posters family history and encouraging other goons to contact them. Stay classy something awful.

It's not like informing someone's ex that their previous partner was a dick is actually information. Contacting someone out of the blue to say that is going to attract some attention, and there are some laws dedicated to stopping the creepy internet stalkers.

fuctifino posted:

I feel the same. I've deep-trolled Scientology and right wing UK fascist organisations, and nothing has come close to the toxicity of the CIG community.

:fistbump:

I suspect there's at least a little crossover there.

Hav fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jan 20, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Gilganixon posted:

Yeah I mean you pretty much nailed it. The "unmelt" feature doesn't enable a user to spend their saved up store credit on the unmelted ship. So if I have a $110 Freelancer, but then melt it and buy a $180 Super Hornet (you know, ADDING $70 to my pledge total) if I decide I hate my Super Hornet and really wanted the LTI Freelancer all along, the only way I can get it back is by paying ANOTHER $110.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah I mean you pretty much nailed it. The "unmelt" feature doesn't enable a user to spend their saved up store credit on the unmelted ship. So if I have a $110 Freelancer, but then melt it and buy a $180 Super Hornet (you know, ADDING $70 to my pledge total) if I decide I hate my Super Hornet and really wanted the LTI Freelancer all along, the only way I can get it back is by paying ANOTHER $110.

Good.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
so has the reddit cig community come to a consensus on whether or not we are all Derek Smart alts posting in this thread?

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Agrajag posted:

so has the reddit cig community come to a consensus on whether or not we are all Derek Smart alts posting in this thread?

i am

i am so derek smart

hail satan

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'd just like to say that Naval Action is out on steam early access some time in the next 2 days. It has an open world, up to 25v25 ship battles, lots of ports to capture, ultra violence realism and boring PvE missions. Plus, it's fairly expensive at 40 bucks.

Basically, everything SC ever advertised, but set in the Caribbean.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TTerrible posted:

Wolf Knight does all of their catering.

Unfortunately all he serves is mini sausages.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/314280/derek-smart-the-twat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

I am Derek Smart and so is my wife.

• Locked thread