Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Without plugging that lot into FFoR I'd say you may be light on transports, so maybe consider an extra Lifthawk/kraken?

If you do get another starter that would probably be plenty of each, I'm not sure how many lists use 4 Lifthawks. Depends how much you like Resistance tanks I guess, opinions seem to vary.

2 packs of Freeriders is 8 bases I think. not sure how many you want to start off with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Dropfleet Commander PM is up, they're using the same Geiger system that Mantic uses for theirs, closing date is March 6th

http://dfcpm.com/ is the late backer pledge link, but since you don't get any of the freebies the only real advantage to it over retail is access to the handful of KS exclusive ship sculpts.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It doesn't work for me :( I just get a page of garbage text after registering.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's been a bit weird, the link to my pledge in my email timed out for the first half dozen trys. Give it a day or two to settle imo.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I don't think it's actually ready yet, since the only thing that seems to be there is the late backer thing.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Worked for me, once I dug the email out of my spam folder.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Ya Gmail thinks its spam. Other than that it worked for me, although I have not tried to check out yet.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Checked out successfully once I checked my spam folder.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I was just looking at the pledge manager junk and I noticed something a little odd. So they have a bunch of Dropzone stuff available as add-ons, right? The resistance starter army is discounted to £35 instead of its normal £55. I'm guessing that was a mistake.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Safety Factor posted:

I was just looking at the pledge manager junk and I noticed something a little odd. So they have a bunch of Dropzone stuff available as add-ons, right? The resistance starter army is discounted to £35 instead of its normal £55. I'm guessing that was a mistake.

...If that isn't a mistake I might be making an unplanned purchase...

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of Dropfleet, anyone here from Portland Oregon?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

LordAba posted:

Speaking of Dropfleet, anyone here from Portland Oregon?

This guy.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

koreban posted:

This guy.

Thinking of heading up there for the Dropfleet demo day and trying to work some details. Wanna be my plus one (possibly)?

Sorry I couldn't make that sound less creepy.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

LordAba posted:

Thinking of heading up there for the Dropfleet demo day and trying to work some details. Wanna be my plus one (possibly)?

Sorry I couldn't make that sound less creepy.

Sure, I'll be your going-outside safety buddy.

I wasn't even aware of a Dropfleet Demo Day up here. I was turned on to the game by a few friends who would possibly be interested as well. Are there details posted somewhere?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

koreban posted:

Sure, I'll be your going-outside safety buddy.

I wasn't even aware of a Dropfleet Demo Day up here. I was turned on to the game by a few friends who would possibly be interested as well. Are there details posted somewhere?

It is the latest update if you backed the kickstarter. If not:

US Beta Day: Saturday 12th March 10am-5pm
Crowne Plaza
1441 NE 2nd Ave
Portland
Oregon 97232

They have sample armies, painted models, the design team will be there. It will be a day of playing the game and chatting up people who might have English accents and since it is in a hotel (?) there might be booze. I'll let you know fer sure in a couple weeks.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I live quite close to the London one, so if anyone has a spare +1...

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Loxbourne posted:

I live quite close to the London one, so if anyone has a spare +1...

Man, I'd be tempted to go there.

I should just make people fight to the death for it.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

LordAba posted:

It is the latest update if you backed the kickstarter. If not:

US Beta Day: Saturday 12th March 10am-5pm
Crowne Plaza
1441 NE 2nd Ave
Portland
Oregon 97232

They have sample armies, painted models, the design team will be there. It will be a day of playing the game and chatting up people who might have English accents and since it is in a hotel (?) there might be booze. I'll let you know fer sure in a couple weeks.

I'm in Seattle. Might be able to come down for that. Not sure. Hard to see into the future March schedule.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DeadGame posted:

I'm in Seattle. Might be able to come down for that. Not sure. Hard to see into the future March schedule.

The event is invite only right now.

And... if you did back the kickstarter it looks like the backerkit emails went out. Probably sitting in a spam box right now (at least mine was).

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

LordAba posted:

The event is invite only right now.

And... if you did back the kickstarter it looks like the backerkit emails went out. Probably sitting in a spam box right now (at least mine was).

Ah, ok. I backed at the Commodore level. Admiral was sold out.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Am I the only one whose bolt-on store credit doesn't match the amount they pledged? I backed for 174 pounds but only 155 is showing up as credit.

I dropped them an e-mail, but somehow it'd feel better to know I wasn't the only one with this particular issue.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
I think the pledge manager may be having issues, I went through the link provided, put in my whole Lieutenant pledge and it wouldn't let me confirm it, saying the item was "out of stock" and couldn't be added to my cart.

It also hasn't given me my credit to buy extra stuff.

I will try again later, I think. It's probably getting hammered.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Giant Ethicist posted:

Am I the only one whose bolt-on store credit doesn't match the amount they pledged? I backed for 174 pounds but only 155 is showing up as credit.

I dropped them an e-mail, but somehow it'd feel better to know I wasn't the only one with this particular issue.

That difference isn't your pledge level amount is it? You should have the difference between your pledge level and any extra funds pledged available as credit.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Giant Ethicist posted:

For me the extra I pledged didn't show up until the very end and was represented 8n the total taken off before I had to pay for extra Bolton via paypal.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm taking my full measure with this, maybe I'll have a new job and be able to afford the add ons I want by the first week of March!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hey guys, my club is forking out some dollar for some tables for DZC, a mix of TT Combat & 4G stuff. I've started to google for ideas of how much we'll need approx. per table, but what sort of stuff is ideal for DZC for scatter terrain? Was thinking of getting a 2P starter set and just loving up the vehicles as blown at wrecks for one, but still musing on what else I could use.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Flipswitch posted:

Hey guys, my club is forking out some dollar for some tables for DZC, a mix of TT Combat & 4G stuff. I've started to google for ideas of how much we'll need approx. per table, but what sort of stuff is ideal for DZC for scatter terrain? Was thinking of getting a 2P starter set and just loving up the vehicles as blown at wrecks for one, but still musing on what else I could use.

N-scale cars and buses stuck to 2mm MDF - prime black, drybrush with red-brown and then sprinkle on some fine turf flock. Makes perfect scatter wreckage.

Also the cardstock buildings from Hawk are actually really good, you can sprinkle fine turf on thin lines of PVA glue to make 'vines' that go over the buildings, it's really effective and exactly what Hawk use for their tournament tables and show displays. The MDF stuff is great (look for Wargames Tournaments and Blotz stuff as well on ebay) but pretty expensive when you're looking at multiple tables of it.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Ya i have heard you need to just add things up to what you pledged and it will work out when you got to the checkout screen.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Flipswitch posted:

Blotz buildings are the sweet spot in my book. Nice little kits for much less than the 4ground stuff and they have a good size range which they keep expanding.

In terms of density, roughly 15 buildings of varying size is about right for a 4x4 table.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Ugleb posted:

In terms of density, roughly 15 buildings of varying size is about right for a 4x4 table.

Unless you go to a hawk tourny, where they put out ten and watch as Scourge players cry softly to themselves.
I really do wish they would use some denser/non building terrain at invasion.

Flipswitch posted:

This is what I did with the spare APC's from two starter packs (I'm NEVER going to need 6 Bears or 6 Invaders....)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Those look sweet, I'll take a look into Blotz Buildings as well as I have never heard of them, so we may end up stocking the range. :v:

My Store/Club is really backing this atm and it's good to see. For UK Goons who end up coming down to Cardiff, check out the Dropzone Dragons group on FB. :)

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

Those look sweet, I'll take a look into Blotz Buildings as well as I have never heard of them, so we may end up stocking the range. :v:

My Store/Club is really backing this atm and it's good to see. For UK Goons who end up coming down to Cardiff, check out the Dropzone Dragons group on FB. :)

Yeah, didn't a couple of people try to start a few months ago, and got nowhere - now it looks like we've got the critical mass of players needed to be reasonably sure of getting a game.

The store is also starting an escalation league in a couple of weeks, which is nice.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The people starting originally was when the game first came out. There hasn't been any Dropzone action until we started the revival here. :)

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Ugleb posted:

That difference isn't your pledge level amount is it? You should have the difference between your pledge level and any extra funds pledged available as credit.

Turned out the store credit is just equal to whatever's in your cart until you hit your pledge level. Crisis averted!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Psst! If you are going to Invasion don't forget that army lists are due in this Sunday.

This was a public service announcement from the Type-4 Superheavy Walker Appreciation society, in association with the Athena Flying Club.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

NTRabbit posted:

It's been a bit weird, the link to my pledge in my email timed out for the first half dozen trys. Give it a day or two to settle imo.

When did you get your email? I'm digging through all of my email account and am not seeing a link. I even checked my Spam folder (a few messages from Sen. Rob Portman) but nothing.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

YF19pilot posted:

When did you get your email? I'm digging through all of my email account and am not seeing a link. I even checked my Spam folder (a few messages from Sen. Rob Portman) but nothing.

It came a few days ago for me. Was in my spam folder on gmail. Email's header was "Your Dropfleet Commander Pledge."

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Pash posted:

It came a few days ago for me. Was in my spam folder on gmail. Email's header was "Your Dropfleet Commander Pledge."

Just did a search. For some reason it went straight into my Trash folder, not even Spam. Weird...

e: I'm tempted to add the Dropzone Commander starter set. But, I just paid for my vacation, so I'm not rich at the moment.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 22, 2016

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Played a starter game last night and gotta say, UCM Rapiers are loving bad rear end.

E: Looking over my Seraphim, the wide pattern plasma poo poo thing seems kinda crappy at killing mans in houses? am I wrong on this? the best thing it has seems to be the bunker busters rather than the bird poop.

E2: Final question, our escalation leagues first step up is 850pts, how does this look for a first drafted list? I've only played starter boxes:

Standard Army
Skirmish: 848/850 points
Standard Army
  • Standard Roster [848/850 pts]
    • Field Command [309 pts]
      • Kodiak: Kodiak(Squad Leader) [143 pts]
      • Rapier Squad: 3x Rapier, Condor [166 pts]
    • Armoured Formation [222 pts]
      • Sabre Squad: 3x Sabre, Condor [142 pts]
      • Falcon Squad: 2x Falcon [80 pts]
    • Legionnaire Corps [219 pts]
      • Legionnaires: 3x Legionnaires, Condor, 2x Bear [141 pts]
      • ^ Sharing ^ Legionnaires: 3x Legionnaires [78 pts]
    • Expeditionary Group [98 pts]
      • Wolverine Squad: 2x Wolverine A, 2x Wolverine B, 2x Raven B [98 pts]

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth
Does anybody know what the official carrying capacity of the UCM drop carriers is? For fun (I'm a big ol' nerd) I've been trying to figure out what the basic structure and doctrine of the UCM military is. I assume that the doctrine will be based around a unit of maneuver that fits on one dropship, but I don't know if that's a battalion or a brigade or what. I figure if you assume that each condor carries a platoon of troops, you can estimate the unit based on the number of condors in a typical ship, with the other dropships giving you some input about the associated support units.