Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

All this talk about super expensive Corvettes reminds me - I want a way to gain lots of money that is hard, not boring.

Right now if you want to get anywhere near Anaconda+ money, it's either get a T9 and mindlessly haul for endless hours, or get an Asp and do Robigo runs for endless hours (difference from last option is "don't get scanned" and "do lots more jumps" which isn't hard, just a PITA), or get in a HAZRes and blow up ships for endless hours (piss easy once you have a Vulture+).

Nothing of that is particularly hard, I feel I could do it all without any trouble, but it takes literally tens of hours that I really don't have: even with the kinda exploity Robigo 20m/hour smuggling, you're looking at AT LEAST 10 full hours of grind for 200 millions which is rather paltry when you consider the high end stuff costs quite a bit more to outfit and operate.

What about a mission to take on those megawings of 7 ships in Strong Sources, where you get a big rear end reward of say 10-20 millions? It takes relatively little time but it's loving tough even in a fully fit FdL, I wouldn't really feel confident I could do it personally. Something along these lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

TorakFade posted:

All this talk about super expensive Corvettes reminds me - I want a way to gain lots of money that is hard, not boring.

Right now if you want to get anywhere near Anaconda+ money, it's either get a T9 and mindlessly haul for endless hours, or get an Asp and do Robigo runs for endless hours (difference from last option is "don't get scanned" and "do lots more jumps" which isn't hard, just a PITA), or get in a HAZRes and blow up ships for endless hours (piss easy once you have a Vulture+).

Nothing of that is particularly hard, I feel I could do it all without any trouble, but it takes literally tens of hours that I really don't have: even with the kinda exploity Robigo 20m/hour smuggling, you're looking at AT LEAST 10 full hours of grind for 200 millions which is rather paltry when you consider the high end stuff costs quite a bit more to outfit and operate.

What about a mission to take on those megawings of 7 ships in Strong Sources, where you get a big rear end reward of say 10-20 millions? It takes relatively little time but it's loving tough even in a fully fit FdL, I wouldn't really feel confident I could do it personally. Something along these lines.

This is actually putting it really well. There isn't much in Elite that's a challenge without being stupid (like being scanned while smuggling, which is a cool mechanic except that cops can literally spawn on top of you at collision distance when you exit warp at a station).

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

TorakFade posted:

I wouldn't particularly mind if you could set up trade networks that would earn you a steady income.

Say for example you can start doing it when you've reached a certain trade level like Broker.
You'd then get the ability to set up an A-B shipping route after you've made the trip a few times yourself.
You'd have to put a certain amount down and then you'd have NPCs running the route for a small cut until it dries up.

High return runs would run a higher risk of shipments lost to pirates and players and lower return runs would just chug along unnoticed for the most part.

That's my biggest complaint about the game is that things get old really quickly after you've done them dozens and dozens of times and they don't have any sort of automation to take those tedious tasks away.
The docking computer is about the only thing they have in there to same time at the cost of an equipment slot.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Turmoil posted:

The docking computer is about the only thing they have in there to same time at the cost of an equipment slot.

Auto-dock should have been default option available from the get go.

A lot of Elite design choices has some grognardism going on. Flying around is fantastic, but an autopilot for a station 500k Ls away is not some perversion of pure gameplay or whatever.

Come to think of it, having played this for a while, the lead vision of the game seems weird and working against itself. OK, I don't remember if older Elite games had autopilot, but they had time compression (e.g.), which would be extremely helpful. On the other hand, you can't do that in a multiplayer environment.

Other stuff. The multiplayer features seem much more of an afterthought than part of a more solid design (what, they don't like EVE?). The whole faction mechanics, from what I have read, are inside an impenetrable black box, when a lot of people want to hang out together and start doing in-game fuckery.

The game also suffers from a terrible and awful documentation and presentation of relevant things. I opened GALNET like, twice? I get to know about community goals much more from HERE than in-game, lol. The same things apply to general knowledge: the tutorials suck, relevant current knowledge is much better acquired through the engaged community. For example, even though I have played enough to get some rank and have two decent ships, I still have no loving idea to break an interdiction: I just submit and boost away.

[/rant] Sorry for that. I still think Elite is a good game, but has a lot to go to get into "great" territory.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
For the conda I can recommend you drop shields to 6A and pack a 7A or B cell. One pop recharges about 900mj since the nerf/buff

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Transmetropolitan posted:

For example, even though I have played enough to get some rank and have two decent ships, I still have no loving idea to break an interdiction: I just submit and boost away.

[/rant] Sorry for that. I still think Elite is a good game, but has a lot to go to get into "great" territory.

Breaking interdiction isn't difficult. When you're interdicted, there is a moving circle in your HUD that says "Escape Trajectory", you just need to try your hardest to point your nose there. Keep pointing at the escape trajectory until your blue meter on the left goes all the way up and the red meter on the right goes all the way down. Turn, twist, anything to keep pointed at the escape trajectory.

I manage to escape interdictions by NPCs most of the time, though sometimes it's quicker to just submit and boost

In unrelated news, I saw that all starport services have been suspended in Ackerman Market in Eravate now, due to the alien shenanigans or whatever. Isn't that like newbie central? That's rough.

EDIT: :eyepop: And Robigo Mines is experiencing technical difficulties, that's not good for Robigo runs

HJE-Cobra fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 20, 2016

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I kinda don't like the idea of an auto-docker because when doing trading that would remove about 40% of the time I actually spend flying and not in hyperdrive waiting for the next system to load or watching a distance counter tick down.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Docking is half the fun of the game!

For those that want it tho I don't see why it needs to be a 1T computer.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Spanish Manlove posted:

I kinda don't like the idea of an auto-docker because when doing trading that would remove about 40% of the time I actually spend flying and not in hyperdrive waiting for the next system to load or watching a distance counter tick down.

Then don't use one! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

e: that said, the ship computer should be upgradable aside from internal component upgrades

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

A lot of Elite design choices has some grognardism going on. Flying around is fantastic, but an autopilot for a station 500k Ls away is not some perversion of pure gameplay or whatever.

Come to think of it, having played this for a while, the lead vision of the game seems weird and working against itself. OK, I don't remember if older Elite games had autopilot, but they had time compression (e.g.), which would be extremely helpful. On the other hand, you can't do that in a multiplayer environment.

Other stuff. The multiplayer features seem much more of an afterthought than part of a more solid design (what, they don't like EVE?). The whole faction mechanics, from what I have read, are inside an impenetrable black box, when a lot of people want to hang out together and start doing in-game fuckery.

The game also suffers from a terrible and awful documentation and presentation of relevant things. I opened GALNET like, twice? I get to know about community goals much more from HERE than in-game, lol. The same things apply to general knowledge: the tutorials suck, relevant current knowledge is much better acquired through the engaged community. For example, even though I have played enough to get some rank and have two decent ships, I still have no loving idea to break an interdiction: I just submit and boost away.

I think you should have to pay for a docking computer, but not have it as a separate component. It would either be an upgrade to your existing ship computer either through hardware or software that you'd purchase. They should be able to easily add an auto-pilot through there that would allow you to lock onto a station and glide you in automatically.
Maybe even have computer upgrades that can increase your fuel efficiency or jump range.

All these would be locked at the start, but then start to unlock at the lower ranks so you've at least done it a few times on your own before it starts to get easier for you.

As for interdictions, it's usually pretty easy escaping them. Just keep the escape vector in the center of the screen and the blue bar on the left should go up and the red goes down. When the blue is all the way up you should escape.
At least that's how it used to be. There have been some times recently where I'm almost dead center and the red slowly creeps up.
Usually I do what you do and just submit and boost away.

Last night I was tooling around in Leesti in open and got interdicted a few times. Finally got killed when one of the interdictions resulted in an FSD failure and I wasn't able to escape in my stock Cobra.
Jokes on that guy though. Had he KWS'd me, he would have gotten about 250K credits. All he did was help me out making everything go dormant.

I was a little sad because I then purchased 32 tons of biowaste and was flying around the system for about 20 minutes without anybody else stopping me asking for tribute. I was going to jettison the space poop and fly away laughing.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Then don't use one! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

e: that said, the ship computer should be upgradable aside from internal component upgrades

And I don't use it. However I can see how it can be a quality of life upgrade for some people. I just like docking, probably because it sorta shows how much better at flying I am compared to when I started and I like seeing skill progression.

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

Spanish Manlove posted:

And I don't use it. However I can see how it can be a quality of life upgrade for some people. I just like docking, probably because it sorta shows how much better at flying I am compared to when I started and I like seeing skill progression.

One thing I like about the docking computer is it takes away accountability from you in the case of "accidents".

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

DarthBlingBling posted:

For those that want it tho I don't see why it needs to be a 1T computer.

I mean we've covered this before but there's a huge disparity between what computer systems can and can't do in this universe to the point where it makes no sense. Systems that can't accurately target a projectile or even a drat laser at a distance of 2km and can't auto-approach targets at superluminal speeds, but can calculate massive jumps between systems.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
So I tried out a FAS, coming from a Vulture. Couldn't A class everything yet, but have C thrusters. This thing feels weird to fly, like way more inertia than the Vulture; when I turn in a loop and then try to straighten out, the ship really lags behind, and so ends up acting like I'm firing the vertical thrusters for a second or two. Is that something that better thrusters will help out, or is this just how bigger ships handle?

Also, I only have found a B power distributor. Still, running two C3 pulses and two C2 pulses, the weapons run down kind of quickly even with 4 pips in weapons. I know the A distributor will help, but is there anything else I can do? I'm just bounty hunting in RES, so I have a biweave shield and a bunch of shield boosters (not optimal, but keeps means in the RES longer). Does having more unused power, by dropping some of those boosters or buying a bigger power plant, do anything to help keep my guns firing?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

RVProfootballer posted:

So I tried out a FAS, coming from a Vulture. Couldn't A class everything yet, but have C thrusters. This thing feels weird to fly, like way more inertia than the Vulture; when I turn in a loop and then try to straighten out, the ship really lags behind, and so ends up acting like I'm firing the vertical thrusters for a second or two. Is that something that better thrusters will help out, or is this just how bigger ships handle?

Also, I only have found a B power distributor. Still, running two C3 pulses and two C2 pulses, the weapons run down kind of quickly even with 4 pips in weapons. I know the A distributor will help, but is there anything else I can do? I'm just bounty hunting in RES, so I have a biweave shield and a bunch of shield boosters (not optimal, but keeps means in the RES longer). Does having more unused power, by dropping some of those boosters or buying a bigger power plant, do anything to help keep my guns firing?

Honestly? I'd go back to the Vulture until you can at least afford to slap in some A class thrusters, power plant and distributor. That's just me though.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
So I am new to this and have been purely bounty hunting in RES. Sidewinder, Viper MkIII, Diamondback Scout, Vulture has been the progression. Only I wound up ditching the Vulture and going back to the Diamondback because I like the gimbaled pulse laser/multicannon combo, which I can't seem to find on the Vulture. What do people put on a Vulture for bounty hunting, just gimbaled pulse lasers and call it a day or do I need to learn how to aim these cannons/shotgun things?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

You absolutely can get gimbaled pulse/multi on a Vulture. Where we are you looking?

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Adult Sword Owner posted:

You absolutely can get gimbaled pulse/multi on a Vulture. Where we are you looking?

To be honest I may have been looking in the discount section, I haven't really done any ship fitting outside the game and probably only had 7m at the time. I mean, maybe it was all just red to me cause I didn't have the cash. I want Class 3 stuff, right?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
C3 multi's do not exist in game.

Most people use a C3 Cannon in place of a multi or just dual C3 Gimbaled Pulse

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

RVProfootballer posted:

Better thrusters will help, but the FAS is a much heavier ship than the Vulture and will always have a more momentum to work against in maneuvers. You get used to it.

You're going pretty heavy on the energy weapons, which is over-stressing your distributor. Try a different weapon combo, like a single C3 beam up top and some kinetic weapons down below. Frag cannons are frequently recommended (and for good reason), but even just slamming some gimballed multicannons in all three slots down there would be just fine for bounty hunting your way into some upgrades. Your distributor should be able to handle the single beam continually firing for a fair chunk of time with 3 or 4 pips, and once you upgrade it to a 6A you'll be able to fire it basically forever. As long as you have an A-rated power plant you should basically never have issues with heat.

Not sure what your credit balance is looking like, but I think something like this or this would be a decent starting point and hopefully only a few million at most more than you currently have invested currently.

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

LCL-Dead posted:

C3 multi's do not exist in game.

Most people use a C3 Cannon in place of a multi or just dual C3 Gimbaled Pulse

I tried a gimballed C3 beam and cannon combo and swapped the cannon out for a C3 gimballed pulse on my Vulture.

The power systems are A rated and I like it because I can shoot the beam for long periods of time when I have 4-pips to weapons and when it gets down near the bottom I switch to pulse since it keeps pounding on the target and the weapons slowly recharge and I can start with the beam again.

It works well for me when I'm in a RES and don't want to worry about running out of ammo.

This works really well for me: http://coriolis.io/outfit/vulture/24A5A4A3D5A4D3C1e0v0505000mB22b2o6924.Iw19kA==.EwBhrSs5iA==

The more I look at the power stuff, the more I'm getting annoyed. Why does it take 200 kilowatts to jettison some chaff?
Don't get me started about the Kill Warrant Scanners.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I would use the beam to break their shields and then use a cannon or frag cannon (C3 size) to chip away at their hull while your beam recharges over a Beam/Pulse setup if I had to do it again.

When I was in the Vulture I flew 2x (g) Pulse the entire time and never had an issue with it. They don't punch as hard as beams do, sure, but their staying power more than makes up for it in light of the vultures power plant and distributor.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Ok thanks for the responses, I just got used to being able to laser off shields then MC through hull. Trying again with double beams, and it seems slower getting kills than the DBScout but maybe it's tankier and I should be in highs and hazes chewing through things rather than regulars and highs? Once I get a couple rebuys saved up I'll throw it at crap without worrying, I'm just gunshy going all in an losing a ship only having 1 rebuy saved up.

e: I may also hate the fixed or travel time weapons less when I get a stick, I'm not terrible coming from flight sims a long time ago, but M&K I can do the gimbaled laser/MC thing OK, it's just not up to the cannons it seems.

uwaeve fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 20, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

uwaeve posted:

Ok thanks for the responses, I just got used to being able to laser off shields then MC through hull. Trying again with double beams, and it seems slower getting kills than the DBScout but maybe it's tankier and I should be in highs and hazes chewing through things rather than regulars and highs? Once I get a couple rebuys saved up I'll throw it at crap without worrying, I'm just gunshy going all in an losing a ship only having 1 rebuy saved up.

e: I may also hate the fixed or travel time weapons less when I get a stick, I'm not terrible coming from flight sims a long time ago, but M&K I can do the gimbaled laser/MC thing OK, it's just not up to the cannons it seems.

Target power plant, and stuff will frequently die with a good chunk of hull left. 2x pulse on a Vulture owns for RES hunting.

LCL-Dead posted:

Honestly? I'd go back to the Vulture until you can at least afford to slap in some A class thrusters, power plant and distributor. That's just me though.

Well, I can afford the distributor now, but I went to two stations that said they had it on Inara and they did not have it :v: I really couldn't find one. Also another night or two of bounty hunting will be enough for A thrusters, so I'm just going to stick it out rather than go back to the Vulture. I was just curious how much was ship and how much was fittings.

Helter Skelter posted:

Better thrusters will help, but the FAS is a much heavier ship than the Vulture and will always have a more momentum to work against in maneuvers. You get used to it.

You're going pretty heavy on the energy weapons, which is over-stressing your distributor. Try a different weapon combo, like a single C3 beam up top and some kinetic weapons down below. Frag cannons are frequently recommended (and for good reason), but even just slamming some gimballed multicannons in all three slots down there would be just fine for bounty hunting your way into some upgrades. Your distributor should be able to handle the single beam continually firing for a fair chunk of time with 3 or 4 pips, and once you upgrade it to a 6A you'll be able to fire it basically forever. As long as you have an A-rated power plant you should basically never have issues with heat.

Not sure what your credit balance is looking like, but I think something like this or this would be a decent starting point and hopefully only a few million at most more than you currently have invested currently.

I'll try a beam + kinetic. Mostly I wanted to not worry much about ammo, so I could stay in a RES indefinitely. I loaded on 2x C3 pulse and 2x C2 multicannons, but didn't take it out to test it yet. The rationale there is I'd still have Vulture-level guns even after the MCs ran dry. Maybe 1 big beam + 3 kinetic would still be decent killing power once ammo runs low?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

uwaeve posted:

Beams are power hungry and will eat your cap up quickly under sustained release. Switch to pulses and check your shield and hull damage progress over a couple of kills, also try to get used to targeting specific subsystems while fighting ships of the same size or larger. Focusing on a power plant will kill a ship while they've still got 20-40% hull left if you keep hitting it.

MC's also "punch up" if I remember correctly so if you were rocking them on the DBS to strip hull after you've got the shields down is a great way to play. That's why it feels like kills were faster.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Cannons require you to have a ship with good fixed placement and to either git gud or get right in their face to hit

Gimbaled cannons are in fact the dumbest thing in the game and can't hit a god drat thing. I would not be surprised at all if the AI still plotted out for the original much faster speed and when they lowered the projectile speed they didn't adjust that.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

RVProfootballer posted:

Maybe 1 big beam + 3 kinetic would still be decent killing power once ammo runs low?
When I'm bounty hunting in my FragFAS I generally don't bother wasting ammo on anything smaller than an Asp. Big beam takes care of anything smaller than that just fine, and you can always put 4 pips to shields and just ram the gently caress out of stuff too.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The time compression equivalent is Supercruise. In Elite 1 you had jump drives (which got mass-locked by literally anything including every single ship that got spawned to go past you the other way), in Elite 2 you spent the entire time in normal space just going really fast and in hypersleep.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

For those who own a FdL: do you use normal or bi-weave shields? This is my next ship after the Federal Assault Ship so I'm just wondering what you use and why.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Helter Skelter posted:

I'm using dual 7A SCBs on my Corvette.

I keep both SCBs turned on, but rather than using the hotkey for them (which would fire the pair, causing Bad Things), I put them in fire groups so I can pop one at a time.

This looks like a really good build and it's surprisingly close to the one I had planned. How hot does it run in combat and have you tried cannons in place of the PA's? I'm a little worried about running ammo limited fixed weapons.

TorakFade posted:

Amen to this. I'm doing Robigo runs, 2-3 per day, to get my cash for the big ships. It's about 3-4 hours per evening and it's all the tedium of a trade circuit, except you can't tune out because there's a minor lingering threat that someone will scan you. There's no danger or skill challenge at all. I would kill for some group-based PvE activities.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

P.S.
Robigo's going to greased by aliens real soon.

https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/569f610b9657ba7d3461ba04

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

That's certainly a clever way to discourage people from making money or having fun in an unplanned way

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sarsapariller posted:

This looks like a really good build and it's surprisingly close to the one I had planned. How hot does it run in combat and have you tried cannons in place of the PA's? I'm a little worried about running ammo limited fixed weapons.
It can get pretty warm if you start firing the PAs as fast as you can, but it's far from unmanageable if you're paying attention.

Cannon builds can be good too. Heat's not too bad on this one either, despite all the beams.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmfao oh poo poo people are having fun/making money in our game better put a stop to that

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

LCL-Dead posted:

MC's also "punch up" if I remember correctly so if you were rocking them on the DBS to strip hull after you've got the shields down is a great way to play. That's why it feels like kills were faster.
Cannons, fragmentation cannons (assumption on this one, haven't tested) and plasma accelerators 'punch up', multicannons don't (railguns just straight up ignore damage restrictions and armour). Multicannons (particularly gimballed) are extremely good at sniping subsystems so I guess they figured they wanted to leave the damage penalty in place so people didn't just use multicannons to instantly evaporate the powerplant in Anacondas, etc.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jimbot posted:

For those who own a FdL: do you use normal or bi-weave shields? This is my next ship after the Federal Assault Ship so I'm just wondering what you use and why.

Priiiiismatic..

Mercurius posted:

Cannons, fragmentation cannons (assumption on this one, haven't tested) and plasma accelerators 'punch up', multicannons don't (railguns just straight up ignore damage restrictions and armour). Multicannons (particularly gimballed) are extremely good at sniping subsystems so I guess they figured they wanted to leave the damage penalty in place so people didn't just use multicannons to instantly evaporate the powerplant in Anacondas, etc.

Thanks for the correction. Makes sense.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

LCL-Dead posted:

Priiiiismatic..

Imperial I ain't!

Does having spare power actually do anything? I'm just working out my outfitting and I can get a really good set-up (probably overkill) but I only have like ~2% power to spare.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jimbot posted:

Imperial I ain't!

Does having spare power actually do anything? I'm just working out my outfitting and I can get a really good set-up (probably overkill) but I only have like ~2% power to spare.

I was only imperial long enough to get the shield, friend.

I'm pledged to Li right now, working up to them shiny missiles to see how the FDL will handle their heat generation..

..because I'm a sucker for missiles.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
They ever going to fix the missions? I keep ragequitting the game because I'll just log in and have literally nothing to do because RES's seem to be devoid of any targets and the missions are all:

- Kill some random NPC that probably won't spawn
- Do nothing but hold onto this item for 60 minutes, then wait for the NPC that probably won't spawn*
- Do nothing but hold onto this item for a length of time that we won't tell you, then wait for the NPC that probably won't spawn*
- Travel to (X system 50ly away) for 50 Cr.
- Travel to (X system) and pick up (X item), that you won't actually be able to turn in
- Kill 3 pirates (which, after some patch, seems to have changed to "kill 80 pirates")

* If by some miracle these NPC's spawn, fly by their FSD wake 30 times because they're treated as contacts and not destinations by the game for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

RESes take a few minutes to spin up

Also idk where you're seeing pirate missions that bad, but the usual strat is to get at least half a dozen of them since 1 kill in the system counts for all missions in that system that need those kills.

• Locked thread