Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Akujiki posted:

in short, lots and lots of grinding.

Edit: As an actual answer, once you hit 45 you want to start farming soulstones from faction dailies for crafting, and running the four blue dungeons+Blackram Supply Chain and maybe the 24-man one whose name I can't honestly remember right now for mats. Get your gear upgraded. Practice for Mushin's Tower. Get good soul shield sets (Misty Woods pvp one is strong, requires a bit of a dedicated grind to get all 160 emblems but it's not the worst grind you'll do in this game, by far), and then spend time and money trying to get good RNG through soul shield fusion for maximum output.

Moonwater set takes all of like 2 or 3 hours or so if you have a group killing the NPCs in Misty Woods.

In addition to the faction dailies, you will definitely want to do the East Fleet Supply Chain dailies (aka 24man Poharan) as well, as they give you a ton of money. You'll also want to put together the purple Blackram set as you're doing that, since it's quite good right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

cathead posted:

Moonwater set takes all of like 2 or 3 hours or so if you have a group killing the NPCs in Misty Woods.

In addition to the faction dailies, you will definitely want to do the East Fleet Supply Chain dailies (aka 24man Poharan) as well, as they give you a ton of money. You'll also want to put together the purple Blackram set as you're doing that, since it's quite good right now.

Never see people grouping for that on Old Man Cho, drives me insane. I'd love to get them done but running in solo and tagging anything but bosses is more or less impossible when there are other people running amok in full groups.

Edit: When they say "faction contested territory" for soulstones, what does that actually mean? I've never seen soulstones drop off rando guys. I wish I had, I need so many of them to make the Moonwater Transformation Stones.

Akujiki fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jan 20, 2016

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Rasmussen posted:

I made KFm big dude that looks like akuma from SF, instead of making an anime titty princess except he takes up half the screen and I can't see anything he's fighting.

There's a setting to offset the camera center for an over the shoulder view, which might help.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I should just salvage away all of these single pieces of low level soul shields, right? The only thing I could possible use them for is achievements, yes?

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Killed By Death posted:

I should just salvage away all of these single pieces of low level soul shields, right? The only thing I could possible use them for is achievements, yes?

Yes. Salvaging, especially on low-level soul shields, will either give you broken crap or fusion dust. Fusion dust is mandatory for end-game RNG fusing with crit soul shields for big stats. If it fails, you've basically made as much selling the broken crap as you would have selling the shield in the first place.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
I started playing this, and I'm just massively confused by very nearly everything. I am surrounded by anime, a very lazy cat is following me, my master is dead and everybody wants me to solve their problems. I don't know who to trust, my cat won't stop attacking players until they are dead, and still a collector wants to steal it from me.

But you know what?

Bring it on.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So I made my summoner in mushin today, all the servers were open for character creation. In as Tsao Nima

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

How do we get an invite to the goon guild on Mushin?

In as Flixxer

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Windrest queue, 2500. Estimated wait over 60 minutes.

RIP.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Made level 15 on my KFM, I'm now at the point where I'm at jadestone village and the game wants me to run the first dungeon to progress. I think it's time to try and get into the Old Man Cho goon guild and try to run it with goons.

Do we need to sign up for any offsite guild page like Final Fantasy 14 or is it all done on a 'speak up in thread' basis?

Either case, if you see the following characters:

Reduced Cholesterol
Pubbies

Those are my characters. I need to unfuck my chat so it's not constantly moving at a million miles an hour as well.

Petri
Apr 18, 2013
This might be a stupid question but where can I get some high quality crafting material? I chose Pottery as one of my professions but can't seem to craft those Premium items without some high quality crafting materials, and so far I haven't seen any.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeathSandwich posted:

Made level 15 on my KFM, I'm now at the point where I'm at jadestone village and the game wants me to run the first dungeon to progress. I think it's time to try and get into the Old Man Cho goon guild and try to run it with goons.

Wait, I hit level 20 yesterday and I haven't seen any dungeon yet, did I miss a quest somewhere?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Petri posted:

This might be a stupid question but where can I get some high quality crafting material? I chose Pottery as one of my professions but can't seem to craft those Premium items without some high quality crafting materials, and so far I haven't seen any.

A lot of it comes from dungeons and some quests.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Freaksaus posted:

Wait, I hit level 20 yesterday and I haven't seen any dungeon yet, did I miss a quest somewhere?

I think he means the place with pinchy

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I think the thing that has stood out to me the most while playing through the game is the sheer variety in NPC appearances. Unlike most kMMOs, they aren't all immaculate human beings with no flaws. There's NPCs of all shapes, sizes, ages, etc. Some are completely average and plain, and some are just downright homely. It really shows off how robust the character generation in this game is.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Petri posted:

For the premium simple refiner you need the regular refiner, and then the "paulownia sap" which is actually "yulan magnolia sap" (must be some sort of translation inconsistency that they didn't fix yet) that you can gather with woodcutters once you discover it in the Songshu Isle, and then you need viridian quartz which you have to gather yourself from the nodes you can see on your minimap.

Edit: It can be hard to find a node that is "up", they just won't be there if they've been gathered recently. For viridian quartz I usually had good luck running the circuit of 3 in the graveyard area and then switching channels and checking them again in the new channel. Also you need one viridian pickaxe per node, and the nodes seem to contain between 1 and 3 quartz.

\/\/\/ Ahh, didn't even know they came in different sizes!

El Cid fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 20, 2016

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

El Cid posted:

For the premium simple refiner you need the regular refiner, and then the "paulownia sap" which is actually "yulan magnolia sap" (must be some sort of translation inconsistency that they didn't fix yet) that you can gather with woodcutters once you discover it in the Songshu Isle, and then you need viridian quartz which you have to gather yourself from the nodes you can see on your minimap.

do not waste your pickaxes on small (or even medium) nodes

Small: 1-2
Medium: 3-4
Large: 5-7

Large are so much better to hit if you can

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tsurupettan posted:

I think the thing that has stood out to me the most while playing through the game is the sheer variety in NPC appearances. Unlike most kMMOs, they aren't all immaculate human beings with no flaws. There's NPCs of all shapes, sizes, ages, etc. Some are completely average and plain, and some are just downright homely. It really shows off how robust the character generation in this game is.

I love the ugly girl in the Bamboo Guard that thinks everyone is in love with her.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So uh... getting a full size inventory would cost you $100 for a single character? And there's no shared bank?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There is a shared bank. It starts at 10 slots, I think.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Stormgale posted:

I think he means the place with pinchy

Ah, that makes sense. I just ignored those warnings and did them solo.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What classes are friendliest towards players with iffy ping? Got talked into trying this alongside a US friend, but my ping's not particularly reliable.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

What classes are friendliest towards players with iffy ping? Got talked into trying this alongside a US friend, but my ping's not particularly reliable.

Summoner probably. Very very little animation cancelling, your pet can deal with things even if you get a spike, etc.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Been playing since yesterday. Made a loli summoner.... When I was creating the character, I was an option to watch my character make really creepy anime poses. I'm afraid I may have gotten on a list by doing that...

PVP HAPPENED
I ended up joining some faction and got a really cool outfit. I put it on and one player started attacking me like a dick. I, of course, take him down cuz he was a chump. Another player starts beating me up after killing this world boss and downs me before I could figure out what to do, but my cat slave (Grundelina poopsmear) continues fighting while I get back up and ends up beating her!(we were both chumps that day. Nerf catslave.) I get back up first and finish the job. Rip in piss. At this point I took of the dangerous outfit. :(

The game's really fun. This game is obnoxiously and unapologetically anime. I wish there was more options for controlling your cat though, like breaking from combat, dismissing, standing somewhere, etc. I hear there's going to be a warlock class eventually? How will that play?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Inzombiac posted:

There is a shared bank. It starts at 10 slots, I think.

Where do you access it? The Dragon Traders only allow access to the 'Vault', which is a character-specific bank that starts at 8 and 24 slots.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Have many people signed up for the EU guild? Still thinking about getting premium but right now it's easier to log onto US servers in EU primetime than EU servers in EU primetime. :v:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Liberatore posted:

Where do you access it? The Dragon Traders only allow access to the 'Vault', which is a character-specific bank that starts at 8 and 24 slots.

one is personal, one is shared - I think?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

poptart_fairy posted:

The importance of low ping in this game is often exaggerated. As long as your latency isn't above 200ms or so, executing combos, blocks, counters and animation cancels is still easily doable.

Unless you're really concerned about arena PvP, play whatever class you enjoy the most. If you are concerned about arena PvP, probably avoid Blade Master, Kung Fu Master and Destroyer. If your ping is very high, play Summoner.

Edit: With that said, the game does feel a bit clunky at high ping even if you aren't at a significant disadvantage, and some classes feel this more than others. So you might want to take your time and check them out.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

one is personal, one is shared - I think?

No, Basic lets you put in everything (incl. gear), while Secondary is limited. They are not shared.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 20, 2016

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Mushin guild is and continues to be full. I'll try to free up a couple spots by looking for people who haven't logged in since Friday or Saturday.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
OK, thank you guys. Was hoping to avoid the jailbait race but I do have to admit playing a fluffy bunny girl with a kitty cat shooting flowers at grimdark swordmasters is rather endearing. :v:

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
I made room in Shanghai Goon on Mushin. If you need an invite send a tell to: Quiz, Mash, Hustler One, Lambdadelta, Drunken Master, or Happimerchant.

If you were erroneously removed in the great inactive purge I'll invite you back.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

Have many people signed up for the EU guild? Still thinking about getting premium but right now it's easier to log onto US servers in EU primetime than EU servers in EU primetime. :v:

I wanted to but when I made my character the server was already locked so I just picked a random server to play.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
I got to level 6 and fought some jiang shi boss in one of the very early zones and some anime guy (lvl 19) started following me around and giving me stuff and trying to be my (boy-)friend.

I'm kind of sad because now I can't tell people that has never happened to me anymore.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 20, 2016

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Everyone deserves to be treated like a beautiful anime princess

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

New update just added an afk kicker so maybe we'll see the queues thinning out a bit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

OK, thank you guys. Was hoping to avoid the jailbait race but I do have to admit playing a fluffy bunny girl with a kitty cat shooting flowers at grimdark swordmasters is rather endearing. :v:

If it makes you feel better summoners are sort of obscene. I played both Summoners and Force Masters during the chinese launch and they were both OK with FMs being more overall damage while leveling. Now I start playing both again for this release and find Summoners do so much more damage. Like its no competition that at least during the early game summoners blow them out of the water.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

cathead posted:

New update just added an afk kicker so maybe we'll see the queues thinning out a bit.

Good to hear.

So what is exactly locked behind the server in this game? Once the hype dies down, would it be disadvantageous to be on a lower pop server for the sake of pvp queues and the like, or would it just be less people out in the open doing world stuff?

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Liberatore posted:

The importance of low ping in this game is often exaggerated. As long as your latency isn't above 200ms or so, executing combos, blocks, counters and animation cancels is still easily doable.

Unless you're really concerned about arena PvP, play whatever class you enjoy the most. If you are concerned about arena PvP, probably avoid Blade Master, Kung Fu Master and Destroyer. If your ping is very high, play Summoner.

Edit: With that said, the game does feel a bit clunky at high ping even if you aren't at a significant disadvantage, and some classes feel this more than others. So you might want to take your time and check them out.

IMO, If you have moderate ping and want to PvP, avoid Assassin and Kung Fu Master like the plague. Both are very technical/execution heavy and you'll be tripping over your latency constantly with those two.

Every other class plays fine in the 100-200ms range. The only other notable concern is Destroyer, since their B&B RT combo is an animation cancel that is faster the lower your latency is, so if your latency is high you'll always do a little less damage than another Destroyer with low latency.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
oh poo poo i forgot this game was coming out

oh poo poo

gonna play a summoner woo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Riftling posted:

IMO, If you have moderate ping and want to PvP, avoid Assassin and Kung Fu Master like the plague. Both are very technical/execution heavy and you'll be tripping over your latency constantly with those two.

Every other class plays fine in the 100-200ms range. The only other notable concern is Destroyer, since their B&B RT combo is an animation cancel that is faster the lower your latency is, so if your latency is high you'll always do a little less damage than another Destroyer with low latency.

Yeah, I completely forgot about Assassin. Should have mentioned that instead of Blade Master as the latter isn't that reliant on low ping.

Meanwhile KFM gets a 23 attacks-long combo that can be executed in 2 seconds if you have very low latency.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 20, 2016

• Locked thread