Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

I think you need to recalibrate your bullshit detector because lol Trump is sincere about promoting Brand Trump and literally nothing else.

The kind of stuff Trump says, I don't think I'm being charitable toward him when I say that he seems to believe every word of it

also, most of the people I've heard say "he doesn't actually BELIEVE those things he says" have been Trump supporters so calling Trump cynical feels more like giving them the benefit of the doubt than calling him sincere feels like giving him the benefit of the doubt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

of all the things he's been in and done you picked loving harry potter you idiot

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

loquacius posted:

The kind of stuff Trump says, I don't think I'm being charitable toward him when I say that he seems to believe every word of it

also, most of the people I've heard say "he doesn't actually BELIEVE those things he says" have been Trump supporters so calling Trump cynical feels more like giving them the benefit of the doubt than calling him sincere feels like giving him the benefit of the doubt

There's a 90's interview going around where Trump says, "If I were to run for President, I'd do so as a Republican because those voters are idiots and will lap up anything you say that's a certain type of terrible." On the other hand, he keeps the sequel to Mein Kampf on his nightstand.

He is a quantum superposition of irony. The gooniest candidate.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I love all of the toons that basically imply the US is paying Iran $100 billion, like we're just opening our wallets and throwing money at them.

I thought free market capitalism was a good thing, guys?

beepsandboops fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 20, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

loquacius posted:

I guess the question is just what flavor of terrible human being Trump is: a babbling racist idiot or a miserable manipulator just harping on what he knows will draw out the worst in people for attention. I'd like to say a lot of both myself. Either way, the fact that he's ever been taken seriously proves just how bad politics in this country has become.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Broken Loose posted:

There's a 90's interview going around where Trump says, "If I were to run for President, I'd do so as a Republican because those voters are idiots and will lap up anything you say that's a certain type of terrible." On the other hand, he keeps the sequel to Mein Kampf on his nightstand.

He is a quantum superposition of irony. The gooniest candidate.

Nope.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

corn in the bible posted:

of all the things he's been in and done you picked loving harry potter you idiot

It's crazy that he'll be remembered for starring in 8 of the most successful films ever.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zakharov posted:

It's crazy that he'll be remembered for starring in 8 of the most successful films ever.

Because more money = better than.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bors on partisan rape politics

Mostly I just like how he drew Trump's mouth

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Oh, sweet! That makes things slightly less messy.

So there's an actual Fascist unironically running for office.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Internet Webguy posted:

You all knew it was coming, may as well enjoy it.

I appreciate that kid's-cartoon-man JRRose! gave this somber event the Looney Toons Insta-Grave treatment. Death socked Glenn Frey so hard, that when he finally landed, he left a trail of upturned earth and then a headstone magically popped up when he came to rest.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
EDIT=/=QUOTE

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
:derp: OUR COUNTRY'S COMPANIES ARE INVESTING ABROAD. BURN THE GOVERNMENT FOR NOT STOPPING THEM!!!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Once again, I lament that Allie uses his talent for the dark side.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

Once again, I lament that Allie uses his talent for the dark side.

The dark and lately incredibly boring side.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Met posted:

Bummer. I cut an avatar out before this post and didn't bother posting in here to claim.

drat, you two are going to have to flame each other brutally until one or other leaves the site, as is SA law.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

The Iran deal is beneficial to all involved parties. AGC

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

prefect posted:

Because more money = better than.

His one Die Hard movie just can't compete with 8 family movies.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

duz posted:

His one Die Hard movie just can't compete with 8 family movies.

I would also have accepted Robin Hood. :tipshat:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Or Galaxy Quest.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

This needs some kind of special achievement award for managing to squeeze two racist tropes into the same cartoon.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think Alan Rickman said that Snape was one of his favorite acting jobs (he certainly enjoyed it). I still haven't seen a Snowcake tribute to him, though!

Redditors will be quick to point out that in the last 30 years, Blacks have won the best actor award 13% of the time, which corresponds with how many blacks live in the US. Checkmate, liberals :smuggo:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

seiferguy posted:

I think Alan Rickman said that Snape was one of his favorite acting jobs (he certainly enjoyed it). I still haven't seen a Snowcake tribute to him, though!

Redditors will be quick to point out that in the last 30 years, Blacks have won the best actor award 13% of the time, which corresponds with how many blacks live in the US. Checkmate, liberals :smuggo:

They're not the only ones! ImgUr using 4chan to explain away racism: http://imgur.com/gallery/n8R8Ngp

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

duz posted:

They're not the only ones! ImgUr using 4chan to explain away racism: http://imgur.com/gallery/n8R8Ngp
Imgur and Reddit are pretty much arm in arm politically, and just a step down from 4chan. Issues I often see raised on Imgur are:
  • Overweight people don't feel bad enough about themselves
  • Why can't I, a man, punch women?
  • Reverse racism is real and hurts me (a young white man) in some intangible way
Also the ever-popular "I don't like celebrities"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I like how these people keep looking at Iranian assets being unfrozen as if it was Iran being given stuff that didn't belong to it, or even Iran stealing stuff.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

loquacius posted:

Bors on partisan rape politics

Mostly I just like how he drew Trump's mouth

I've noticed a lot of cartoonists giving Trump a "NOOT NOOT!" mouth lately; any reason? I mean, Trump has a big mouth but he doesn't whistle a lot or anything... does he?

Fig. A: President Trump's fist State of the Union

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Cat Mattress posted:

I like how these people keep looking at Iranian assets being unfrozen as if it was Iran being given stuff that didn't belong to it, or even Iran stealing stuff.

It's the old "I stole it fair and square" line from a cartoon, just played straight.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

KillerJunglist posted:

I've noticed a lot of cartoonists giving Trump a "NOOT NOOT!" mouth lately; any reason? I mean, Trump has a big mouth but he doesn't whistle a lot or anything... does he?

Fig. A: President Trump's fist State of the Union

In this particular case it might be because his speech bubble prominently features the word "YUUUGE"

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

beepsandboops posted:

Imgur and Reddit are pretty much arm in arm politically, and just a step down from 4chan. Issues I often see raised on Imgur are:
  • Reverse racism is real and hurts me (a young white man) in some intangible way

Don't forget loving endless concern trolling, blatant misrepresentation and circlejerking about ludicrously lovely arguments against feminism.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

xthetenth posted:

Don't forget loving endless concern trolling, blatant misrepresentation and circlejerking about ludicrously lovely arguments against feminism.

It sounds like an entire community of Chris Muir.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Free kevin, Tibet, and day by day

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I know it's an election year, but man the republicans really appropriated MLK this year.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

:holymoley:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

seiferguy posted:

Come the gently caress on. Cartoonists in this thread pull "people you're supposed to dislike agree with this statement, so you must reject it without any further thought" all the time. Of course this thread isn't going to

duz posted:

beepsandboops posted:

xthetenth posted:

Oh. Ok.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

corn in the bible posted:

Well it was a part literally written for him.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rorus Raz posted:

I know it's an election year, but man the republicans really appropriated MLK this year.

Hah! I thought that was a serious cartoon at first and got really pissed off before I realized it was an edit.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

loquacius posted:

People like to paint politicians as dumb with this kind of stuff, when they're actually quite smart. Karl Rove claims to be an atheist while he was able to create campaigns that riled up Christian bases precisely because he was cynical, and I think it's the same for Trump. Barring the usual jokes against the Republican voting base, they're not all racists, and a few of them have to be going "wait, he wants power to do what he wants even that exceed the trespasses of Barack Hussein Obama?" The fact that he said he'll run independent if he doesn't get the nomination cements it even further, as it would split the vote and keep the Trump Train running until November without the consequence of him being elected.

I'm thinking he'd get a 30-some popular vote in the general election against any Democratic candidate and he knows it. The man is getting paid to talk, which also gives him shitloads of publicity for future ventures. He's basically another degree of Palin.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Ok, so what's the problem with Iran having American dollars? If they're so bent on the destruction of America, those dollars become worthless. They can't desire both American currency and the destruction of America at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

LashLightning posted:

Ok, so what's the problem with Iran having American dollars? If they're so bent on the destruction of America, those dollars become worthless. They can't desire both American currency and the destruction of America at the same time.

American dollars are like purestrain gold; they have an intrinsic value that anyone can recognize instantly.

• Locked thread