Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

dumb. posted:

Pigs bite. That woman would have her chimichanga chomped right off.

True statement. What's great, though, it that this is a postcard! You used to be able to buy this in a store and send it to someone! Like Microwave's Mom!. Hallmark seriously needs to reissue poo poo like this, immediately. "Best Wishes On Your Marriage".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I think it's a daikatana.

Well someone is being made someone's bitch, that's for sure.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Ozz81 posted:

It's disturbing that you know what Trump's dick looks like

It's not that weird

I just met his daughter once

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Surely these images are in the wrong order

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In 139 posts? Jesus.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

whiteyfats posted:

In 139 posts? Jesus.

The first reply probably compared him/his idea to Hitler, then the second reply probably brought up some of the Good Things Hitler Did, and well,

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

whiteyfats posted:

In 139 posts? Jesus.

Yeah you'd figure 14 or 15 should do it. 139 is showing a lot of restraint.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I'm gonna make a contentious claim here: Hitler did several things wrong.
And other: playing an npc in an MMO would be working as gently caress.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ikanreed posted:

I'm gonna make a contentious claim here: Hitler did several things wrong.
And other: playing an npc in an MMO would be working as gently caress.

They already have one like that. It's called EVE Online

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I vaguely know people who ran an entire D&D campaign where they just operated a shop. They somehow found a way to make D&D even worse.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

When I was 12 I wanted to play Ultima Online as a blacksmith to just make poo poo all day.

I was dismayed when I realized I would still have to kill poo poo

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Couldn't you do that in Ultima Online?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Fried Watermelon posted:

When I was 12 I wanted to play Ultima Online as a blacksmith to just make poo poo all day.

Pretty sure you can do this in skyrim, but it's even more boring as a single player.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Standing at Brit Bank or outside the North Western Britain forge selling your wears for hours at a time. Sometimes acting like an NPC can be fun!

(screenshot taken just now)

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

RFC2324 posted:

Pretty sure you can do this in skyrim, but it's even more boring as a single player.

When I played Mario as a kid, I would just walk back and forth between two pipes, waiting for someone to show up so I could try to kill them.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

RFC2324 posted:

In the release build before the smithing balance patch, the most cost effective way to level up your smithing was to make a hojillion iron daggers. Then you could move on straight to dragon armor

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

For those of you who might be curious as to what's behind the curtain:

Chuck Tingle's son did an 'Ask me anything' on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3vz1x7/iama_jon_tingle_son_of_bestselling_romance_author/

As did Chuck himself:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PieceOfShitBookClub/comments/3kyzeo/thank_you_i_am_chuck_tingle_most_famous_author_in/

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Ak Gara posted:

Standing at Brit Bank or outside the North Western Britain forge selling your wears for hours at a time. Sometimes acting like an NPC can be fun!
This mechanic was part of DQIV, too, when you took on the role of a merchant and had to run your boss's store for a bit, haggling with customers and earning commission. You could buy an especially nice weapon off someone and set it aside to buy for yourself, if you had the patience.

Here's the wily merchant himself:

And here's a thought I just had for the very first time in this thread: That man actually isn't fat enough.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Martinpale posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3vz1x7/iama_jon_tingle_son_of_bestselling_romance_author/

As did Chuck himself:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PieceOfShitBookClub/comments/3kyzeo/thank_you_i_am_chuck_tingle_most_famous_author_in/

Clicked on the bottom link first to get to the good poo poo and immediately recognized something is sorely wrong with this man. Then clicked the top link to get the necessary info before reading: "He is an autistic savant, but also suffers from schizophrenia." :(

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Star Wars Galaxies not only made dedicated crafting a viable playstyle, you could also be a dedicated dancer or medic who stood in a cantina all day and gave steroids and lap dances to people.

FutonForensic has a new favorite as of 21:15 on Jan 20, 2016

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

canyoneer posted:

They already have one like that. It's called EVE Online

counterpoint: Playing the AI in Space Station 13

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

drat, I thought these books were written as some kind of absurd joke to earn a few bucks from people looking for a bizarre gift for a buddy or whatever, but this is madness at levels that disprove God's existence.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Oh poo poo are minions bananas?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Cosima posted:

BEATH

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ak Gara posted:

(screenshot taken just now)

What server are you playing on?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

FutonForensic posted:

Star Wars Galaxies not only made dedicated crafting a viable playstyle, you could also be a dedicated dancer or medic who stood in a cantina all day and gave steroids and lap dances to people.

I actually multiboxed back in the SW:G days. Kept my dancer/medic going in the old jedi house so I could stay buffed while I ran around lazor swording people.

SW:G is the only game I've actually made money off of. Back before Ebay cracked down on selling online currency.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

PCOS Bill posted:

What server are you playing on?

http://www.uoforever.com/

Even has it's own thread in Games.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733735

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

canyoneer posted:

In the release build before the smithing balance patch, the most cost effective way to level up your smithing was to make a hojillion iron daggers. Then you could move on straight to dragon armor

I read an online analysis as to why the best way to make money (Simoleons) in The Sims was to have your character make garden gnomes.

All day, every day in order to save up for a better shower.

I stopped playing the game when I realised that my fantasy characters had a duller life than I did.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Cosima posted:

In pyjamas.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Martinpale posted:

As did Chuck himself:

The strangest thing about all of this is that Jon appears to be his biological son. I wonder if his mental illness was adult onset? If not, what kind of woman would have sex with this man, he seems so simple he's almost childlike.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Full Battle Rattle posted:

The strangest thing about all of this is that Jon appears to be his biological son. I wonder if his mental illness was adult onset? If not, what kind of woman would have sex with this man, he seems so simple he's almost childlike.

"Jon" is both of them hth

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Pounded in the butt by myself pretending to be my own son

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Is Tingle actually "crazy", or is he just trolling the world.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is Tingle actually "crazy", or is he just trolling the world.

He's neither. He's a self employed creative genius making a tidy profit off easy work and the world is better for it.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

titties posted:

"Jon" is both of them hth

It does, thanks. I didn't know reddit did verified accounts for fictional people but now I do.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Krinkle posted:

Pounded in the butt by myself pretending to be my own son

YES.

Also, I'm pretty sure that "Jon" is just Chuck Tingle, and Chuck Tingle has, once again, proven that he's a goddamn genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I thought someone earlier had said the Chuck Tingle books actually had terrible sales numbers.

• Locked thread