Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
So I got sucked into this greasy anime game. I'm trying to maximize my use of the 2 character slots by making one melee and one caster. I know that the Warlock class will be released soon, has anyone played a Warlock in one of the other region releases (KR,TW, JP) that call tell me the difference between Force Master and 'Lock? Maybe which one is easier to play? I don't want to be a summoner because I don't like that little poo poo race.

For my first melee class I made a Destroyer and I like having a big gently caress off axe, but I'm not sure if I like the play style. What is a fun melee class with quick game play? I'm thinking about making an Assassin. I don't have good reaction skills, so I'd prefer something that's proactive. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Mazed posted:

Downloaded this to play with the character creation. I think I succeeded in making a lady with a pretty real-looking grappler build, in abject spite of what this game desperately wants you to look like.

Would you mind exporting your appearance data? I'm bad at sliders but I want to look a little less anime and that looks like a good starting point.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Polegrinder posted:

So I got sucked into this greasy anime game. I'm trying to maximize my use of the 2 character slots by making one melee and one caster. I know that the Warlock class will be released soon, has anyone played a Warlock in one of the other region releases (KR,TW, JP) that call tell me the difference between Force Master and 'Lock? Maybe which one is easier to play? I don't want to be a summoner because I don't like that little poo poo race.

For my first melee class I made a Destroyer and I like having a big gently caress off axe, but I'm not sure if I like the play style. What is a fun melee class with quick game play? I'm thinking about making an Assassin. I don't have good reaction skills, so I'd prefer something that's proactive. Thanks

KFM is extremely reactive and all about good counter timing. If you want the proactive melee class, you're looking at assassin because their effectiveness lies in how well you can set up before a fight starts. I'm not super sure, but if you feel like getting your furry midget on you can do a blade dancer too. I think that's suppose to be a fun burst damage class.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

DeathSandwich posted:

KFM is extremely reactive and all about good counter timing. If you want the proactive melee class, you're looking at assassin because their effectiveness lies in how well you can set up before a fight starts. I'm not super sure, but if you feel like getting your furry midget on you can do a blade dancer too. I think that's suppose to be a fun burst damage class.

I got blade dancer to 15ish, it's pretty fun so far. Up to this point you can just right click and obliterate basically anything in one focus bar, or tab a lot and obliterate entire groups in less than one focus bar. Or chi. Or whatever the yellow orbs are.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
If you want to get dunked on repeatedly with no idea of what's going on in PvP I highly recommend Blade Master

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

jaffyjaffy posted:

Good to hear.

So what is exactly locked behind the server in this game? Once the hype dies down, would it be disadvantageous to be on a lower pop server for the sake of pvp queues and the like, or would it just be less people out in the open doing world stuff?

Only open world pvp (and like, questing with your friends I guess). PvP Arena and Dungeons are both cross-server, and as far as I know you are able to invite people cross server (or at least give them your lobby number so they can join).

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

cathead posted:

Only open world pvp (and like, questing with your friends I guess). PvP Arena and Dungeons are both cross-server, and as far as I know you are able to invite people cross server (or at least give them your lobby number so they can join).

Alright that's helpful. I guess I don't need to be on Mushin at least right away.

I thought I would be able to get in now fine while everyone is at work, but here I am at position 360ish with 222 minutes remaining according to the magicial koreagame timer. I bet all servers are just as bad so I'll probably just sit in the queue until I get in.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

jaffyjaffy posted:

Alright that's helpful. I guess I don't need to be on Mushin at least right away.

I thought I would be able to get in now fine while everyone is at work, but here I am at position 360ish with 222 minutes remaining according to the magicial koreagame timer. I bet all servers are just as bad so I'll probably just sit in the queue until I get in.

Oh wow 360, low roller here.

Yesterday we found out that the queue maxes at 5000 people and will just not let you queue if it goes above that.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Oh wow 360, low roller here.

Yesterday we found out that the queue maxes at 5000 people and will just not let you queue if it goes above that.

Yeah last night I tried getting on and Mushin was around 3k at 1-2 AM EST.
I tried logging in this afternoon with a queue of 900ish. Moving up to 330 took about an hour, give or take.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

jaffyjaffy posted:

If you want to play right now and don't care about the server, Master Hong is currently queue-less.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
We still have room in the guild (GoonWangFu) on Jiwan, the max guild size is only 80 so if you need a home come on over changing servers is still free. We use the CTS mumble.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Mazed posted:

Downloaded this to play with the character creation. I think I succeeded in making a lady with a pretty real-looking grappler build, in abject spite of what this game desperately wants you to look like.

I tried oiling up, but even the lowest amount short of none was just kinda gross to look at. So no thank you (but at least I have a somewhat dirty, greasy complexion).

You did a pretty good job there. I've been stuck on trying to make a tall female Gon Destroyer work for the last day - B&S Barbies up most of the female races, but Gon take it to the next level, and it only gets more hilariously dis-proportioned the taller you make them. To have a decent base, you have to max out neck width/minimize neck height/enlarge the head/widen arms and legs/reduce thigh height. Then if you're like me and hate clipping issues, it eliminates most of the hairstyles because they'll either clip through your shoulders or your axe (and god help you if you increase hand size to increase your weapon size).

:words:

To make it worse, the NA voice previews don't match up to the ingame voices at all, so there's a lot of trial and error and waiting 6 minutes for deletes to go through.

ln206
Sep 29, 2014

Getsuya posted:

Well since all the goon servers are full guess I'll just have to roll up a character on the good old Unofficial RP Server. I've always wanted to sit around in a public area spending 3 hours listening to some guy describe his character's backstory or flirting with girls who are actually guys.

I think I can log in into Mushin. It is not locked and there's no queue since launch ( I guess that is because I'm a premium member)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Liberatore posted:

Where do you access it? The Dragon Traders only allow access to the 'Vault', which is a character-specific bank that starts at 8 and 24 slots.

Oh. Pardon me. I figure a vault would be account wide.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Jubala, Jubalo Jubalum
I'm a giant on this earth, fee fi fo fum
Cerebellum over-loader make your brain stem numb!

randombattle posted:

I just made the hardest core motherfucker I could.

This looks like an older version of my toon. Any chance for the save data? Feel like using my change appearance voucher when I hit 45 and this would work nicely.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

Unoriginal One posted:

If you want to play right now and don't care about the server, Master Hong is currently queue-less.

I'll muck around there for a little while in that case and try out some of the classes.
I'll most likely stick with Sin since that's what I liked most from the little I played on the JP client, but at about what level does each class start to come into their own in terms of overall playstyle?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/150530-hotfix-1202016/

quote:

A hotfix has been deployed to address the below issues:

1. An AFK auto-kick feature has been implemented

2. The queue time text has been changed
* Previously, the non-premium membership queue time would only display wait time for non-premium members and would not include the wait time from the premium membership queue
* Now, the non-premium membership queue time will display the total wait time including both premium and non-premium member

3. Fixed an issue where the confirmation message for upgrading a weapon could not be typed in French due to the word length

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its a hotfix so if you are already logged in then never log out and you'll never have afk kicks (until a force maint fixes that)

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Manac0r posted:

This looks like an older version of my toon. Any chance for the save data? Feel like using my change appearance voucher when I hit 45 and this would work nicely.

I didn't save it after I made and I have no way of getting the data.

Also don't look like me that's weird!

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Whoever Kill LaKill was, sorry I was out picking up my sister from school. Also you need to be the crimson faction, not cerulean, to join the guild. Red, not blue. :v:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its a hotfix so if you are already logged in then never log out and you'll never have afk kicks (until a force maint fixes that)

Excellent, hopefully I'm still logged in from this morning.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I had bought an initiates Founder Pack eons ago, did that grant me anything other then some costumes (like a week of premium or something)?

Rokkinhobo
Nov 4, 2005

Sweet mother of adventure!

Everyman posted:

Whoever Kill LaKill was, sorry I was out picking up my sister from school. Also you need to be the crimson faction, not cerulean, to join the guild. Red, not blue. :v:

I'm the man with the anime name, I switched to red so if any of you who can invite see this, Please invite Kill LaKill to the Shanghai Goon

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Rafzakael posted:

I had bought an initiates Founder Pack eons ago, did that grant me anything other then some costumes (like a week of premium or something)?

You missed early access which was a week where you could play before release play login queue simulator for hours and not actually play the game.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I remember a game I used to play that had an auto-kick feature. It would kick players while they were in queue. What game was it?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I don't see how new servers will help since the main issue seems to be people all trying to be on the same few servers but cool I guess? I suppose that they are banking on their rotation of restricting character creation on servers to fix it.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/150733-new-servers-coming/

quote:

With such a successful reception of the Blade & Soul launch, our servers have begun overflowing with players who are excited to jump into The Earthen Realm. Our servers are reaching their maximum capacity and many players are waiting in queues at this time.

We understand that waiting in a queue is not the most exciting experience and so we have taken—and are continuing to take—measures to help reduce queue times. We have significantly raised the maximum capacity of our servers, while ensuring they remain stable, and we've restricted character creation on servers as needed—which has helped balance population across all servers. We also offered a limited-time item transfer service to get people off of high population servers that ended earlier today.

On top of those, we also deployed a hotfix earlier today that will include the much-requested auto-kick feature for players who have been inactive, as well as addressing the queue time text that was not displaying correctly. You can view the hotfix notes here: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/150530-hotfix-1202016/

Finally, we’ve been working to open new servers as quickly as possible, and the servers are expected to be available in the next 48 hours. For those of you who have yet to start playing, or those of you who wouldn't mind starting over, it can be expected that wait times on them may be a bit shorter. We'll have more details on server names and the downtime schedule as soon as possible.

Please keep in mind that these queues exist because of an overwhelmingly positive demand to play Blade & Soul, and we ask for your patience as we're working around the clock to improve everyone’s game experience. Thanks again for your patience.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You missed early access which was a week where you could play before release play login queue simulator for hours and not actually play the game.

Ah well, I picked up the student bundle for a quick one week premium thing.

Also, I'm Rafza on the Mushin server, if anyone from Shanghai Goon could toss me an invite. Thanks!

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Xavier434 posted:

I don't see how new servers will help since the main issue seems to be people all trying to be on the same few servers but cool I guess? I suppose that they are banking on their rotation of restricting character creation on servers to fix it.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/150733-new-servers-coming/

Bad loving idea. In a week or two the original servers wouldn't even have queues, all this will accomplish is split the player-base even more. Why they even have servers when everything is heavily instanced is beyond me, especially with no paid server transfers for them to make money out of.

Then again, all of the important stuff is cross-server so ultimately it probably won't be what kills the game.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Are ques broken? I'm at 560 minutes wait time for being 1000 in line and the wait time just keeps going up.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
If you're not premium, then premium members can get in ahead of you and you could theoretically never finish the queue. So no, not necessarily broken.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

randombattle posted:

Are ques broken? I'm at 560 minutes wait time for being 1000 in line and the wait time just keeps going up.

The wait time is calculated based on how many people have disconnected within a specified period. There's still a ton of people idling who haven't yet downloaded the hotfix, so the wait times can be pretty erratic.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

randombattle posted:

I'm pretty sure the game prioritizes premium members in the queue 100% and doesn't stagger them in, so you're effectively getting line cut constantly.

Especially with the AFK queue now, if you're interested in the game, just pitch in $5 for the week of premium. The queues will be more tame in a week and you'll have a better idea after a week if you want to keep paying for premium or if you're fine with the queues.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Liberatore posted:

Bad loving idea. In a week or two the original servers wouldn't even have queues, all this will accomplish is split the player-base even more. Why they even have servers when everything is heavily instanced is beyond me, especially with no paid server transfers for them to make money out of.

Then again, all of the important stuff is cross-server so ultimately it probably won't be what kills the game.

Yeah these are my thoughts as well. I think that it would be a much better idea to offer people incentives to transfer to low population servers.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

Yeah these are my thoughts as well. I think that I would be a much better idea to offer people incentives to transfer to low population servers.

Literally all the servers yesterday were capping out their queues during primetime.

I dont have any issues with developers adding more servers to cope during launch, in a f2p game a person thats not logged in isn't spending any money. The issue is if they leave the emptier servers stagnating instead of just consolidating them afterwards.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Given that all of the important stuff is cross-server anyways, that wouldn't even be that big of a deal.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So I installed this game last night and played for about an hour after spending a disproportionate amount of time wrestling with the character creator to turn the initial alien hybrid into something resembling a human, and playing queue simulator. Is there a quick and dirty guide for being good as a KFM? My favorite thing to do online is punching dudes in the dick and the game throws a lot of ADVANCED PLAYERS ONLY warning signs.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

year199X posted:

So I installed this game last night and played for about an hour after spending a disproportionate amount of time wrestling with the character creator to turn the initial alien hybrid into something resembling a human, and playing queue simulator. Is there a quick and dirty guide for being good as a KFM? My favorite thing to do online is punching dudes in the dick and the game throws a lot of ADVANCED PLAYERS ONLY warning signs.

This video shows some combos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgsWlKrnEzo

Don't know of any good guide that explains the basics.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Literally all the servers yesterday were capping out their queues during primetime.

I dont have any issues with developers adding more servers to cope during launch, in a f2p game a person thats not logged in isn't spending any money. The issue is if they leave the emptier servers stagnating instead of just consolidating them afterwards.

That is a good point but don't most MMOs have a history of leaving them stagnated for an exceedingly long period of time before doing something about it?

I guess we'll see what happens.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Liberatore posted:

This video shows some combos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgsWlKrnEzo

Don't know of any good guide that explains the basics.

Well poo poo, that's intimidating. Guess I'll stick to KFM and see how I feel about it after a day or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
If any guild on Mushin has room I'd like an invite. Name is Bigglesworth.

• Locked thread