Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Here's hoping Aphra isn't in the Rebellion's hands too long. Or betrays Vader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ShineDog posted:

Those are Vaders droids no? I can't remember the exact origin but I quite like how on the nose it is. Here's Anakins evil mirror right down to his droids.

Triple 0's origin seems kinda muddy. The guy who's protecting his chip says that it's been contained for centuries. But after getting hooked into a body he says he was part of the same Tarkin Initiative that BT was made under. And Vader knew the access code to his chip, so I would assume it's the same Tarkin we know.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Here's hoping Aphra isn't in the Rebellion's hands too long. Or betrays Vader.

She gets airlocked and not lightsabber through the head

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That one was great. Pure Palpatine. "I'm gonna cook up an elaborate plot to kill your rebel asses dead, and I'm gonna attend against common sense just so I can laugh at you. Loook behiiind youuu!" :allears:

If I wanted to hunt this down/order it/whatever, what would I look for? Just 'star wars annual'?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Bloodly posted:

If I wanted to hunt this down/order it/whatever, what would I look for? Just 'star wars annual'?

Yup!

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/58105/star_wars_annual_2015_1

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

April.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

zoux posted:

April.

Hmm, its not the amazing anime adventures of Poe but it might due.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I really hope that cover's misleading. Any Poe comic that isn't hardcore PoexFinn BL is gonna be pretty disappointing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I assume this will all be pre-TFA.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

I assume this will all be pre-TFA.

Yep assume it will continue his story from Shattered Empire

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Yep assume it will continue his story from Shattered Empire

Baby Poe!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wow the greatest X-Wing pilot in the Resistance! He's so great and just the best pilot!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

zoux posted:

Baby Poe!

The first issue will have him blow up a trade federation station at age 9.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Endless Mike posted:

Wow the greatest X-Wing pilot in the Resistance! He's so great and just the best pilot!

You are correct. Also he has the best orb dog.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh hey, since he isn't apparently going to be in the new movies I wonder if Wedge will show up in this?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\ You almost get the feelings that Poe is Not-Wedge.

Endless Mike posted:

Also: he is the best pilot.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Endless Mike posted:

You say this like its a bad thing

(Hint: it's the best thing)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endless Mike posted:

He's also really handsome and hot, and I want to kiss him on his beautiful face

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

The Captain of my Heart

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think I said this else where on this site, but they just need to seriously make this into a full show, but about Poe and with a synth pop soundtrack instead of crappy metal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Poe is literally a more developed character and (shown onscreen) a better pilot than Wedge Antilles was in the films.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ImpAtom posted:

Poe is literally a more developed character and (shown onscreen) a better pilot than Wedge Antilles was in the films.

I will grant this, Wedge's badass status come mainly from the novels and being the only pilot shown to survive attack runs on two separate Death Stars.

Not to say I don't love Wedge.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, because he's one of the three main characters, rather than a bit part.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

cptn_dr posted:

Yes, because he's one of the three main characters, rather than a bit part.

lol no he's not. He's not in half the movie, he's got no arc, he's not a main character at all.

Poe's like the definition of a supporting character.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah, if you want a 3rd lead its Han.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

He's got about as much screentime as Leia got in EP IV.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

cptn_dr posted:

He's got about as much screentime as Leia got in EP IV.

Leia's actually on screen a lot in ANH

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's actually a pretty big tribute to Oscar Issac that the character has had such a positive response with very limited screentime.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Poe is doing pretty drat well for somebody who was originally supposed to die in the original script.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I fuckin' love Wedge Antilles and Poe Dameron is Wedge Antilles 2.0 so he is A-OK in my book.

Also I am secure enough in my sexuality to say that he is handsome as all gently caress.

I really do hope that they bring back Rogue Squadron. The X-Wing books, Rogue Squadron games \ comics and the X-Wing\TIE Fighter games are like the only bits of EU that I legitimately love.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Sorry to see Kanan go, but gently caress yeah TFW comics.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gammatron 64 posted:

I fuckin' love Wedge Antilles and Poe Dameron is Wedge Antilles 2.0 so he is A-OK in my book.

Also I am secure enough in my sexuality to say that he is handsome as all gently caress.

I really do hope that they bring back Rogue Squadron. The X-Wing books, Rogue Squadron games \ comics and the X-Wing\TIE Fighter games are like the only bits of EU that I legitimately love.

It's like we're twins. :hfive:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

If they have Poe as 'Rogue Leader' in the next movie (and have a between-movies comic have Wedge give him the name) I will lose my poo poo. Because the universe will have reached Peak Awesome.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Xenomrph posted:

It's like we're twins. :hfive:

If not twins, then at least we're part of the same fighter squadron.

It's goes without saying that Star Wars and merchandise are one and the same, and there is an insane amount of Star Wars toys. But the coolest Star Wars toys EVER? Motherfucking Action Fleet.

http://starwarsactionfleet.com/

Oh my God, I loved these. They need to start making these again. I got a few of the new Micro Machines and they were crap though. The Titanium Series is pretty okay though and is the next best thing for me.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
You know, I never really thought about it until reading the Star Wars issue today, but based on current canon did Obi-Wan actually know that Anakin had become into Darth Vader, prior to his becoming a force ghost? The last time he sees him, Anakin has lost three limbs and caught on fire, so I don't think there's a reasonable assumption of him surviving.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

plainswalker75 posted:

You know, I never really thought about it until reading the Star Wars issue today, but based on current canon did Obi-Wan actually know that Anakin had become into Darth Vader, prior to his becoming a force ghost? The last time he sees him, Anakin has lost three limbs and caught on fire, so I don't think there's a reasonable assumption of him surviving.

His claim that a pupil named Darth Vader murdered Luke's father makes on sense whatsoever otherwise.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure he specifically hears him referred to as Darth Vader in RotS. During the hologram scene with him and Yoda. In fact I just checked and yep, Obi-Wan sees that.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 20, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

He tells Luke that Darth Vader killed his father. He knows who he is.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

ImpAtom posted:

His claim that a pupil named Darth Vader murdered Luke's father makes on sense whatsoever otherwise.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure he specifically hears him referred to as Darth Vader in RotS. During the hologram scene with him and Yoda. In fact I just checked and yep, Obi-Wan sees that.

Hmm, yeah I had forgotten about that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
He has seen a... security hologram of him... killing younglings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Speaking of Vader. I can't wait to see him kill these upstart pretenders.