Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

now im broke and im crying thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I just read this entire thread and learned a lot about Toronto the restaurant biz Philippino foods soul crushing malaise and small business entrepreneurship

Thanks gbs dunk a dill pickle or some poo poo I'm off in search of more model airplane glue

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Celluloid Sam posted:

now im broke and im crying thanks

Good now you know what that whore put me through!!!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im still cryibg

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
OP, when you make the video, please dress your wife like this

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

brylcreem posted:

OP, when you make the video, please dress your wife like this

lol im not sad anymore

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Dr. Tommy John posted:

And furthermore, if you decided to take that shot, and were faced with either borrowing more or running a crowd funding campaign, would you not see any value in the fact that failing a kickstarter still builds publicity that succeeding at a bank does not?

Read up to here so far, and holy poo poo. I mean, god drat. If you actually believe this then you have your head so far up your own rear end that the shining light you are somehow seeing after failing a kickstarter is actually leaking in from... your dick.. or something.

Dude... I'm kinda rooting for you here, but jesus there's no way to put a positive spin on a failed crowd funding campaign.

Ok back to the thread.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I opened this knowing you were hosed before the mod challenge, now at least, you can be hosed and entertain us.
Namaste.

Oh, and it case it was not eye blindingly obvious: if you are failing now, a cash injection just postpones the inevitable : |

staberind fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 20, 2016

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
As a goon of Phillipeno descent, I'm just honored that there is a popular thread in GBS talking about us and our food. Thanks for noticing us! <3

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

whoflungpoop posted:

ur going to fail because you dont think ur going to fail and take it as a personal offense when people point out ridiculously obvious reasons why ur overwhelmingly likely to fail, and its a pretty bad sign when ur ego not only outstrips ur competence but then drives donuts around ur capacity to accept anything but positive feedback

every failed restaurant had a business plan reviewed by 'non morons' and were approved for loans and still went tits up. ull just be another in the line because uve already decided this is what ur going to do (if strangers on a web forum would just kindly help u with what the non morons at the bank wouldnt touch with a tinikling pole)

he's gonna be another chink in the wall

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

gently caress the ROW posted:

wow holy cow

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Because Id rather be banned from a comedy forum than record a racist sexist or otherwise disgusting video of myself to post online?

as a pinoy, this is offensive because you assume we can't take jokes. gently caress you, racist.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

thats not funny bro and ur pathetic.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This is incredibly offensive

Filipinos are actually the mexicans of asia, Roman catholic religion and great chicken adobo

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
When i was in a nursing home for 3 months I got in good with the Filipinos.

The secret is to talk to them, I even had my friend teach me some Tagalog.

I dont know how to spell it but he gave me

Magalikan tayo = good morning

Sasapaling Kita = thank you

What those really mean is

"lets make out"

and

"I am gonna slap you"

me and staff all had a good laugh about it.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

etalian posted:

This is incredibly offensive

Filipinos are actually the mexicans of asia, Roman catholic religion and great chicken adobo

so he should keep the kitchen spic and span.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

etalian posted:

this is true they even have names like claridad and corazon too

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

dreezy posted:

so he should keep the kitchen spic and span.

lol

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Can part of the challenge be for him to make a Filipino influence hotdog?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

gandlethorpe posted:

As a goon of Phillipeno descent, I'm just honored that there is a popular thread in GBS talking about us and our food. Thanks for noticing us! <3

Turns out all you needed to do was gently caress some weird looking white guy

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

What a wild ride, I learned a lot. I was around when this was first posted and thought it would just slide on down to posting heck but I was wrong and am glad of it. I hope OP realizes he's not cut out for this sort of thing and makes a funny video, it would be the opposite of doobie and our lives would be that much more improved by it.

Those are my thoughts thanks for reading them God bless

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I wish the op and his fiancee success, but I hope they take financial caution and more planning into account.

E:

Also starwars betamax I want to see him do a Filipino infusion hotdog, and it better look pretty

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 21, 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I know we've been joking around a lot, OP, but here's some real advice:

Wait until you really can run at a loss for a year or two, because you will. This is true for pretty much every restaurant starting up.

Also, shave that horrible pube beard or else customers will start puking even before they actually taste your food

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think op should have to wear a Royals hat for a week while serving the food, but then again I don't know if people in Toronto give enough of a poo poo for that to be funny.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Better challenge would be for OP to get money from the bank instead of handouts from strangers.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
think of all the goon sponsorship u'll get if u do this video right

its time to respect and engage ur user base bro. welcome to marketing 2.0

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

cool that was your payday week I guess?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Spanish Manlove posted:

If he can get through the first paragraph of John Galt's speech in one breath I'll donate $5.

but u said u already donated $5

send this thread to coupons or somewhere and ban Franco for his lies

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

kickstarter in op posted:

If I’ve learned anything from my experiences building this business, it’s that you really never know when something amazing is about to happen. Who knew growing up eating eggs and spam for breakfast with my mom and dad that it would cultivate a love for food and cooking that would last a lifetime? Who knew when I signed up for Tinder that I would find the man and business partner of my dreams?

seems weird to include in your kickstarter text?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
this whole thing is just an ad for tinder :ssh:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Cry Havoc posted:

this whole thing is just an ad for tinder :ssh:

Son of a BITCH

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Woah, OP did never mention that his fiance was also a man.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Op, I'm confused, you are confusing us, whats going on?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

doobie, what'd you leave behind for me

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mange Mite posted:

Turns out all you needed to do was gently caress some weird looking white guy

This is actually a valid strategy for achieving all sorts of goals

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Hell Yeah posted:

seems weird to include in your kickstarter text?

Do you think if either of them had a lick of biz savvy common decency or shame that they'd be begging gbs for nickels

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Holy fuckin poo poo.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
hey op I'm looking to get into angel investing, post your business plan and let's get it weird in here. what are you looking for? like $4k for 35%? let's talk

or do that stupid mod poo poo whatever works

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
make your pitch on dragon's den / shark tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Microwaves Mom posted:

I wish the op and his fiancee success, but I hope they take financial caution and more planning into account.

E:

Also starwars betamax I want to see him do a Filipino infusion hotdog, and it better look pretty

Given the pictures of their food I don't see how that would work. How about hotdog infused filipino food instead? He could mash up a hotdog and add it to the filling for the spring rolls.

• Locked thread