Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
I'm two days away from a Darth Sid it feels like it's taken forever. Now I have the grind to star him up to look forward to.

In addition to Sid i've been farming Dooku and JC shards to star him up, just unlocked some of the other tables to farm Chewbacca and Phasma. Is there another character i should be actively farming the poo poo out of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Poe's main problem is probably not even really his "fault", but how DPS scales into the stratosphere at higher levels compared to health and defence. Wouldn't be a big deal if you couldn't wipe out a good chunk of a team on turn 1 with his help. There's a rather thin line between that sort of meta and "can get healed back up on their turn, at the cost of damage, turning the fight into a war of attrition".

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Mace Windu does it on every basic attack, I'm pretty sure.

Also, doesn't Old Ben do a mass-buff cleanse?

Nope, Mace Windu's basic attack only gives him a chance at defense up and doing more damage with defense up. His special attack removes buffs but does nothing else while Qui-Gon removes the buff and gives his entire team offense up. Qui-Gon is already amazing but if you look at his abilities at level 8 it gets loving bonkers. His assist skill at level 78 gives 75% more damage to assist and heals the assist for 20%. His basic attack gets a 65% chance to remove turn meter on hit in addition with the turn meter gain to Qui-Gon. His leader skill, increase speed by 23, will apply to all allies instead of just Jedi. It's insane especially considering he's already really good right now.

Also Old Ben inflicts debuffs, he doesn't remove them. AFAIK, only Ackbar and Lobot can remove their team's debuffs and neither one of them have a ton of tenacity. I mean, they should because by far the worst debuff ability is Old Ben that inflicts offense down AND ability block. Of course you can't cleanse if you're ability blocked and you have a useless slow Ackbar.

In other news, CG is bringing back the crystal subscription pack. It's going to be 100 crystals a day for 21 days plus an immediate 100 crystals. They didn't actually say how much it's going to cost but they did say it's 149% of the standard value so people think it's going to cost $10.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7259/daily-crystal-booster-packs-returning/p1

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Qui-Gon's offense buff fails a lot for no reason.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Here's a high end Poe fight (not me) to show off the what people are complaining about :
https://player.vimeo.com/video/152211905

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Here's a high end Poe fight (not me) to show off the what people are complaining about :
https://player.vimeo.com/video/152211905

This guy is retarded, his team is almost a carbon loving copy of the other guys squad, but with Leia instead of FoTP and loving REY instead of Geo Soldier.

He's clearly the bigger, shittier whale, and he's complaining because he couldn't pull of his 1HKO Poe strat first? He should have tried to stun the Geonosian Soldier instead of Poe, his tenacity is too high. The Geo was the real murderer here.

He'd probably have only lost his Qui-gon and Leia and Rey can probably beat a Poe down in 1 turn, by then HIS POE gets to taunt and he might kill 2 of his opponents toons.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 20, 2016

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Seems like your chance of passing GW is inversely proportional to how many bullshit high level teams of Sid/Dooku/Lumi+random taunt tank you have lined up for you in any single run.

My experience is about 3 per average run. Any more than that and I can forget about clearing it that day.

Present fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 20, 2016

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
What's the easiest way to get three dark side characters? (without spending actual money). I'm level 36 and still only have one dark side character.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

theblackw0lf posted:

What's the easiest way to get three dark side characters? (without spending actual money). I'm level 36 and still only have one dark side character.

You didn't get a free royal guard/FOST/Talia? Lame.

Did you finish all of the quests/Challenges?

Off the top of my head, you can get a Geonosian Soldier/Talia pretty cheaply from Cantina fights.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

theblackw0lf posted:

Buy Sidious shards from Arena shipments and Old Daka from Cantina shipments.

Also keep playing the game. Eventually youll start pulling full characters from bronzium packs.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Super 3 posted:

I'm two days away from a Darth Sid it feels like it's taken forever. Now I have the grind to star him up to look forward to.

In addition to Sid i've been farming Dooku and JC shards to star him up, just unlocked some of the other tables to farm Chewbacca and Phasma. Is there another character i should be actively farming the poo poo out of?

I would start farming hard shards for Lumi. You'll primarily get her shards from GW rewards, but an extra 2-3 shards per day makes a difference when you're farming someone for 3 weeks.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It's a problem though. First action taunt + expose just sucks. It then gives poggle time to offense up. You are stuck attacking a Poe. Literally any other team comp dies to it right now. Even a mirror match up is heavily RNG dependant.

I wonder if characters are going to get nerfed or if we are looking at a whole stat rework of defense and hp like stated earlier.

I don't think any character should get 1 shot even with expose and offense up.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

This guy is retarded, his team is almost a carbon loving copy of the other guys squad, but with Leia instead of FoTP and loving REY instead of Geo Soldier.

He's clearly the bigger, shittier whale, and he's complaining because he couldn't pull of his 1HKO Poe strat first? He should have tried to stun the Geonosian Soldier instead of Poe, his tenacity is too high. The Geo was the real murderer here.

He'd probably have only lost his Qui-gon and Leia and Rey can probably beat a Poe down in 1 turn, by then HIS POE gets to taunt and he might kill 2 of his opponents toons.

Yeah, you can't rely on sticking any kind of debuff on Poe. Ultimately I think the problem is really the one-shot kill characters, though I'm new at these types of games so I don't know if this sort of thing is expected.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Yeah, you can't rely on sticking any kind of debuff on Poe. Ultimately I think the problem is really the one-shot kill characters, though I'm new at these types of games so I don't know if this sort of thing is expected.

I think the fallacy of the meta here is that players assume if they lose a character first, they've lost the match... which is kind of bonkers. In GW sure, losing a character is catastrophic, but don't let that feeling spill over into your arena strat. Poe is, at his core, a loving tank. A tank that does like no damage after his taunt is gone... and you're not going to be able to pre-empt or stall that taunt. So instead of trying to lucky-land a stun on him, neutralize the next biggest threat, and play for the win with 1 toon standing.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 20, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I think the fallacy of the meta here is that players assume if they lose a character first, they've lost the match... which is kind of bonkers. In GW sure, losing a character is catastrophic, but don't let that feeling spill over into your arena strat. Poe is, at his core, a loving tank. A tank that does like no damage after his taunt is gone... and you're not going to be able to pre-empt or stall that taunt. So instead of trying to lucky-land a stun on him, neutralize the next biggest threat, and play for the win with 1 toon standing.

Bah you edited the post from when I read it till when I replied :)

What I was going to say is if they keep it up with characters like Rey, FOTP, both introduced after the game it's not that you've lost a char first, it's that you've maybe lost 3 of the 5. (Opponent team is Poe, Poggle, and 3 chars capable of doing 1 hit kills if buffed by poggle and facing debuffed by poe.) All of which are going before you thanks to poe.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Luckily for me I ended up in a pretty scrubby league/shard/arena, so I don't have to face this sort of thing, so in many cases I'm just seeing the arguments others are making. I still think that the glass hammers are either too hammery or not glassy enough though. If they can reliably get one-shot kills, they should also be similarly vulnerable, right?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hughlander posted:

Bah you edited the post from when I read it till when I replied :)

What I was going to say is if they keep it up with characters like Rey, FOTP, both introduced after the game it's not that you've lost a char first, it's that you've maybe lost 3 of the 5. (Opponent team is Poe, Poggle, and 3 chars capable of doing 1 hit kills if buffed by poggle and facing debuffed by poe.) All of which are going before you thanks to poe.

That's a geonosian soldier, not a poggle. Poggle rocks a stick, boss, home-bug's got a cannon.

Like I said, if he's stunned the Geo, he'd have stopped his attack outright and his assist and probably only lost his Qui-gon. Followed up with his OWN Poe taunt and murder-Rey can pretty much 1HKO a tank... Leia kills FOTP or the Geo... you see where this is going.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 20, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Continuing the Luke/Poe conversation...as much as I really, really love the Luke + Poe synergy, I think it's probably better to still run Darth (or Phasma) lead. Poe's heal isn't big enough to really keep him alive, and damage is so high that he's probably going down in one round of attacks from any decent team comp. Instead, the extra damage from Darth seems to help one-shot someone before a taunt, or, conversely, nuke down their tank first.

Also, while Poe is really ridiculous right now, he does seem to have a lot less HP than other taunters, which makes him easier to burst down (but you probably aren't going to land a debuff on him anytime soon - so watch out for healers).

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

That's a geonosian soldier, not a poggle. Poggle rocks a stick, boss, home-bug's got a cannon.

Like I said, if he's stunned the Geo, he'd have stopped his attack outright and his assist and probably only lost his Qui-gon. Followed up with his OWN Poe taunt and murder-Rey can pretty much 1HKO a tank... Leia kills FOTP or the Geo... you see where this is going.

Dooku's stun isn't reliable though. He'd have been better off stunning Qui-Gon than going for Poe or GS.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

Download bluestacks, and load the game up. It should give you a free droid.

e: At least, this might work, and is worth the chance. If you are running a samsung device, you get a droid. If you are on iPhone, I think you get something else. If you are on another android device, I think you don't get a free character (I've tested this on Andy emulator).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 20, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

Also, while Poe is really ridiculous right now, he does seem to have a lot less HP than other taunters, which makes him easier to burst down (but you probably aren't going to land a debuff on him anytime soon - so watch out for healers).

This doesn't matter though, because once he goes off he's completely expendable. His team will smack you up, you're forced to spend a couple attacks on him, and by then the game is way out of balance against you. I think Poe is too good at what he does and I agree with Zotix he will get hit in some way. However, I hope they don't go too far. One of the balance problems in this game is that Tanks are almost completely worthless. Only 3 Tanks have real Taunts (I don't count RG), and say Chewie for example, is slow so gets it off late after damage has been done, only lasts one round, AND doesn't have any other benefit to go along with it except small health boost. So part of blacklash is that a Tank is actually doing what it's supposed to do! (But a bit too good :) )Poe is the only tank in the meta by a long mile, so if they nerf him and don't buff anyone else, you have a whole chunk of the game that's wasted.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
A well leveled and geared Poe has plenty of HP, especially when combined with his tenacity keeping a lot of dangerous statuses off of him.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

All the tanks suck in this game outside of Poe. Once Poe gets nerfed into the ground, then offense will be supreme again.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

A well leveled and geared Poe has plenty of HP, especially when combined with his tenacity keeping a lot of dangerous statuses off of him.

I wanna dick-punch the guy who told me to get Old Daka instead of starring up my Poe.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I wanna dick-punch the guy who told me to get Old Daka instead of starring up my Poe.

I love my Daka, Poe will come in time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mile'ionaha posted:

I love my Daka, Poe will come in time.

Poe is too loving integral to the meta currently to just ignore while I get Daka to 6-7 stars.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

commish posted:

All the tanks suck in this game outside of Poe. Once Poe gets nerfed into the ground, then offense will be supreme again.

Well offense is STILL supreme with Poe now, it just makes it more effective is all :) I think just taking away the Turn Meter adjustment on Poe is all you need to keep him good but not broken. Even if they don't want to go through the whole overhaul on Tanks in general, a few tweaks will go a long way. Imagine if Chewie's Taunt was 2 rounds instead of 1? It would give him time to use his heal and keep the attention on him for another round, and would slow down the game a bit allowing other strategies to work. (IF guys like FOTP are brought in line damage wise)

Chilichimp posted:

Poe is too loving integral to the meta currently to just ignore while I get Daka to 6-7 stars.

If all that matters is Arena then yea, Poe > Daka by a mile. But Daka is more useful for GW and essential for DS missions, and by this time next month, you at least know Daka will remain what she is, where you might've grinded out a 7* Poe only to see him chopped down to size. If the game gets re-balanced and slows down, Daka will see more love in Arena too.

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 20, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

oops double post

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 20, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Chilichimp posted:

I feel this way sometimes too but I'm perfectly happy to just sit around 100 in Arena while I build everything else up. Although today everyone from about 180 on in my group seems to be at least 19000 power.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oops wrong forum posted:

If all that matters is Arena then yea, Poe > Daka by a mile. But Daka is more useful for GW and essential for DS missions, and by this time next month, you at least know Daka will remain what she is, where you might've grinded out a 7* Poe only to see him chopped down to size. If the game gets re-balanced and slows down, Daka will see more love in Arena too.

I have my 4-star Daka. Can't get her high enough level currently to work her into anything meaningful.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

My favorite characters attack quickly and then end their turn so when I'm one-shotting 20 stormtroopers to get a piece of crap gear to craft and I accidentally take Daka I get really mad.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

My favorite characters attack quickly and then end their turn so when I'm one-shotting 20 stormtroopers to get a piece of crap gear to craft and I accidentally take Daka I get really mad.
This is why I leveled a couple of dudes with AoE

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

kaschei posted:

This is why I leveled a couple of dudes with AoE

Nobody clears the chaff on missions like Asajj.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

My problem is I have Tarkin who could help (and he's just an awesome character), but then he intimidation tactics some random scrub and then wastes my time.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Yeah greedo loves tossing grenades that will never explode

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

You need to level Poe to 61 I think to get him at max speed.

Poe might be flavour of the month but I think most non whales are going to get more use out of Daka.

She's fast, can rez, heal and stun two people with her basic attack. She's also the only true dark side healer so she's pretty much essential if you want to do the missions.

Phasma, Genos and Daka form the core of my arena team and pretty much let me snipe first place every time against the whales every time because the double stun with the extra attacks is pretty bullshit.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

My Old Daka is going to hit 7* probably Saturday. I'd do the same thing again with cantina shipments. I can't see her getting nerfed any time soon and she's really good in so many facets of the game. She's on my arena team 100% of the time. As well as 95% of GW matches.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Our big spender P2W guy in arena with 25k power sniped my #1 spot with about 30 seconds to go. I jammed on that attack button and hit auto and had his team beat in about 15 seconds. It was a thing of beauty.

Characters are just too powerful in arena. I one-shot 3 of his guys with single target attacks with Sid/Lumi/Kylo. Honestly, Leia seems not that good in Arena. I don't know why people use her. She dies so fast. And it seems like the reign of Phasma is near an end. Only 1 guy in the top 10 is using her. Sid is making a big comeback.

Chilichimp posted:

I told you guys to get Poe weeks ago. Same with Poggle. With their skills and stats, you can tell they are going to be boss.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

commish posted:

Characters are just too powerful in arena. I one-shot 3 of his guys with single target attacks with Sid/Lumi/Kylo. Honestly, Leia seems not that good in Arena. I don't know why people use her. She dies so fast. And it seems like the reign of Phasma is near an end. Only 1 guy in the top 10 is using her. Sid is making a big comeback.

She's probably much better if you spend $1000 on packs.

Also I just pulled Lobot out of a bronzium pack. More like Lolbot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

She's probably much better if you spend $1000 on packs.

Also I just pulled Lobot out of a bronzium pack. More like Lolbot

I don't have $1000 :(

I pulled him the other day. I didn't even know wtf he was or what he did. I'm not even aware of his character in the movies.

• Locked thread