Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Oh nevermind there it is.

Yeah once people start leveling up the Generations go REALLY fast, it'll probably be a generation a day until like 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Random Hajile posted:

Some people are saying Gen 11 is now already in grace. What the gently caress?

All it takes is a few people with cheat engine minding not to go over the server sanity check threshold for damage to make the gens go real, real fast

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Woo! I got it! Thanks thread. :)

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
Could someone gift me forgeries of Badge of Vows 39, 40, and/or 87?

They're three badges only available while Deny Salvation is active, and I managed to miss all three because I let the stupid From a Different Sky quests languish for a bit and they weren't available.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kiggles/

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

How hard are the grace periods for later generations? I did kill him now (on my first account) and got a bunch of weapons that I can't use, heh (no daggers/mbow or archmage staff for my pawn). I've been working to get my other account up to speed and that might take a while, though.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I think my pawn is fairly popular.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

cheesetriangles posted:

I think my pawn is fairly popular.

I wanted to use her, but it didn't look like she was set up for BBI. You need to put a lightning enchant on her to really hit the next level for pawn hiring. It seems like everything in BBI is weak to lightning.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Hey guys if you're looking for a mage pawn may I suggest Blert for your BBI needs

he's got holy and lightning enchants, knows when to use which enchant, and is very good with high grapnel

also he looks pretty good imo

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Clocks posted:

How hard are the grace periods for later generations? I did kill him now (on my first account) and got a bunch of weapons that I can't use, heh (no daggers/mbow or archmage staff for my pawn). I've been working to get my other account up to speed and that might take a while, though.

I don't remember grace period being hard in 2014 when I did it on PS3. It just took forever to get there and required watching gamefaqs like a hawk.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I wanted to use her, but it didn't look like she was set up for BBI. You need to put a lightning enchant on her to really hit the next level for pawn hiring. It seems like everything in BBI is weak to lightning.

I was doing Ur Dragon.

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
I managed to hit both 10 and 11 during grace period. Great time to decide to start giving Ur-Dragon a try let me tell ya.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
what is it about bandits that turn otherwise competent pawns into complete drooling loving idiots

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Harrow posted:

Ur-Dragon grace periods are just always going to happen while I'm at work, aren't they?

I have a feeling this is always going to be the case for me, since I live in Alaska. Timezones are lame.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

ihatepants posted:

Is there a maximum number of friends that you can search for in the rift? I'm friends with 70 something goons in the group but when searching for friends, I can only ever bring up a list of the same 45 friends' pawns. If that's the case, I'm gonna have to start adding pawns to my favorites list and start trimming my friends list so that I can see the rest of them.

That said, I'm in need of rift crystals since no one seems to be hiring my pawn, David Bowie. He's currently L40-something and is a hammer-wielding warrior (for now).

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ihatepants

Gave this badass a rent, and quoting so everyone can do the same. Shout out to Harklon, Fighter, who kept throwing David Bowie onto the Cockatrice. The two could have soloed the thing no problem.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I'm running into this weird bug where skills bound to my X button don't work. The character charges them up, but they won't activate the skill. They just stand there with a floating magic orb in front of them. It's weird because none of the other buttons are "stuck" like this one is. Has anyone run into this/found a solution to it?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Are you also releasing the trigger when you release the button to use the skill? If you're using a sorcery spell, do that.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
protip: if youre a mystic knight facing a tougher enemy like a troll, cast ruinous sigil, put 3 fire enchanted great cannons inside it and wait for the troll to come close... then enjoy the fireworks :v: bonus points if you manage to pull off a perfect firecounter for even more explosions.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cephas posted:

I'm running into this weird bug where skills bound to my X button don't work. The character charges them up, but they won't activate the skill. They just stand there with a floating magic orb in front of them. It's weird because none of the other buttons are "stuck" like this one is. Has anyone run into this/found a solution to it?

I had that last night and the only thing that fixed it was restarting the computer. No idea what to trace it to.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Geokinesis posted:

Thanks, does it have to into any particular folder?

In the DDDA folder - I grabbed the d3d9.dll from enbseries' dragon's dogma download, then the ini and settings from the nexus download and dumped them in there.

2 SPOOKY posted:

Is there a set formula for this? The wiki is vague at best and the best I can get out of it is "+/- 25% XP affect per party member". I'm using a friend's pawn who is a handful of levels higher on average, idly curious how that's effecting my XP gains.

Dunno, I've always tried to keep pawns within ~5 levels of me so I've never paid attention.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Is there a way to free aim on casters? Someone told me you could do it on consoles but I can't find a button to do it on PC. How will I ever defeat those apples and bird nests that are just up out of "straight ahead of me" range?

I've just been leveling my pawn up as a mage and only a mage because I wanted a healer/buffer. Is this a bad idea for later on? He's 40 now did I gimp it?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Depends posted:

Is there a way to free aim on casters? Someone told me you could do it on consoles but I can't find a button to do it on PC. How will I ever defeat those apples and bird nests that are just up out of "straight ahead of me" range?

I've just been leveling my pawn up as a mage and only a mage because I wanted a healer/buffer. Is this a bad idea for later on? He's 40 now did I gimp it?

Whatever the equivalent of left stick in is on PC.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Depends posted:

Left stick button on controller. LShift on keyboard.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

When the Warrior's Ferocity says it 'increases the lethality of your core skills' what does that actually mean?

Also, does Eminence only increase the power of jumping light/heavy attacks or is it going to up my Helmsplitter game? This is very important to my coked up acrobatic knife-fighter Strider.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ferocity increases damage for all core skills by 10%. Here's the full list of what it affects:

It also increases the damage of attacks done while climbing on something by 10%.

Eminence affects all attacks done in the air besides magic casts. As long as you jump (i.e. are not scooped into the air by an enemy attack), any attack you do in the air does 30% more damage.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 21, 2016

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Night10194 posted:

When the Warrior's Ferocity says it 'increases the lethality of your core skills' what does that actually mean?

It increases the damage of core skills. i.e. light and heavy attacks

quote:

Also, does Eminence only increase the power of jumping light/heavy attacks or is it going to up my Helmsplitter game? This is very important to my coked up acrobatic knife-fighter Strider.

According to the wiki

quote:

In Dragon's Dogma this skill also applies the same boost to skill based attacks that involve a jump, such as Skull Splitter, Sunflare, Sky Rapture - In Dark Arisen some the Skull Splitter type skills no longer give a boost in strength, but if a jump (Vault) is performed first the strength boost is given.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That is some good poo poo and Big Pat will be keeping it, then. Hell, I might dip my main character in to get that for the better climb attacks.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Thumbtacks posted:

So I managed to get my hands on Revenant Wail so I thought I'd gently caress around with Ranger for a bit and it seems like they do gently caress all damage, especially compared to my MA. Are there certain skills that are really good for Rangers that I'm just not using? Are they meant to be using special arrows? I imagine if I grabbed some Blast Arrows I'd be loving demolishing things, but as it stands now I'm very not impressed. Tenfold Flurry to the face of a Garm didn't even move his health, comet shot took off like a quarter of a health bar. and I'm using the best longbow in the game.

Ranger damage basically begins and ends with Tenfold Flurry spam into weaknesses, especially once you get the Precision augment because that drastically narrows the cone at which the 10 arrows fire in, meaning you can shoot them into weak points easily. Great Gamble can do really good damage if you're adept at putting it into weak points but you basically need to chug Mushroom Potages like mad for that to be a viable offense and if you gently caress up and miss weak points it will hit for basically nothing. Most of their other skills are total garbage for fighting big monsters since they're either too slow or too weak to actually matter. Blast Arrows offer very mixed results; some enemies seem to simply ignore the explosions or not take damage from them. I put three Blast Arrow Tenfold Flurries into a cockatrice's neck ballsack and it just kind of blinked at me and barely took damage.

I'm liking the class but it definitely feels a lot weaker than sorcerer or the hybrids in terms of "I want this monster loving dead right now".

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Use Conqueror's Periaps. Blast Arrows are more for the stun than they are for the damage, especially for later enemies.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
That's what I figured. In BBI I've yet to see a spell kill things faster than ricochet hunter. I have a video of me doing six health bars of damage to an elder troll in about a quarter of a second.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Underrated badassery is when you see a golem as a sorcerer, and just go ham with your bare fists on its glowing disks.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Been getting a "can't connect to server" when getting pawn rewards now, happening to anyone else?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Evil Canadian posted:

Been getting a "can't connect to server" when getting pawn rewards now, happening to anyone else?

Haven't gotten any errors, but the "Accessing server" messages have been really slow for the last hour.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Evil Canadian posted:

I can't log into steam at all, there's some poo poo going on.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Can I get an invite to the Steam group? Same name as here.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I had a buncha fun messing around making my character, but didn't really bother with my main pawn because I didn't really know about the pawn system. So he's a broad ugly thug. Realised this wouldn't make him particularly desirable a bit too late, but gave him good equipment, good skills and dressed him up like a barbarian/something from skyrim. Hide armour and that horned helmet really work well when you look like an ogre. No need to wear a shirt.

Been hired a couple of times since yesterday, five stars in battle and helpfulness, gently caress all in attractiveness. I've found a niche.

Enjoyed bumping into a very tall, old man in a jester outfit called Gandalf. Some guy made a killer mage called Ronnie who looked the part and help carry me from level 12 to 20 something.

Night10194 posted:

Jump beforehand and it sure does. Also Helm/skullsplitter hits more from higher up anyway I think? So jumping is a pretty safe bet.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Fighter is fun as gently caress, what other classes pair with it?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Leal posted:

Something that should be added to the tips section in the OP is that pawn's lanterns never run out of oil so there is no reason to not toss them on your pawns.
Pawns carrying lanterns don't put out nearly enough light to make it worthwhile.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Mad Dragon posted:

Pawns carrying lanterns don't put out nearly enough light to make it worthwhile.

Toss them an Elite Lantern.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Elderbean posted:

Fighter is fun as gently caress, what other classes pair with it?

Assassin is great, mostly because you can sword or dagger plus shoot a bow which is fun. Also has great stat growths and makes you a melee monster.

Warrior has must-have augments, especially the one that boosts your strength 20%.

Strider has some climbing augments if you're into stabbing the poo poo out of dudes while climbing on them.

Mystic Knight also has a lot of overlap, it shares a bunch of skills and lets you still be a sword and shield (or mace).

Ranger/Mage/Sorc are nothing like them really, they all focus hard on range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Broken Cog posted:

Toss them an Elite Lantern.

Unless the PC version fixed it, the Elite Lantern doesn't produce more light on a pawn.