Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Bullshit Poe doesn't have HP. I just fought one that had like 12k life, and if your characters aren't getting crits or landing status effects, it's going to take days to take him down. Not to mention you can't easily land a healing debuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

commish posted:

I don't have $1000 :(

I pulled him the other day. I didn't even know wtf he was or what he did. I'm not even aware of his character in the movies.

He's Lando's half-robot guy you see a couple times in Cloud City

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I have Greedo and he's an awful fucker who uses the worst skill in the game (bomb) but occasionally he'll activate on Phasma's ability and hit someone with a crit twice and that's ok

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Malgrin posted:

Download bluestacks, and load the game up. It should give you a free droid.

e: At least, this might work, and is worth the chance. If you are running a samsung device, you get a droid. If you are on iPhone, I think you get something else. If you are on another android device, I think you don't get a free character (I've tested this on Andy emulator).

Bluestacks?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

It's an android emulator for your computer, and it emulates a samsung galaxy tab or something like that.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Any recommendations on what to get with GW shipments? I just got Captain Phasma to rank 5/7. I feel like Luminara would be a better choice, as it's 50 tokens for Luminara and 85 to upgrade Phasma.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Chilichimp posted:

You didn't get a free royal guard/FOST/Talia? Lame.

Did you finish all of the quests/Challenges?

Off the top of my head, you can get a Geonosian Soldier/Talia pretty cheaply from Cantina fights.

Nope, none of those. I did farm a Geno Soldier though from Cantina battles. Guess I'll farm a Royal Guard also.

I've hit a wall and can't get past 4-L. Four Grenades at the beginning of the round and my party is closed to finished. Just barely make it to round 2. I can't upgrade some of my gear because you can only get it through dark side quests. Plus I only have one healer in my party. (Jedi Consular).

Maybe I'll go for an Ewok Elder.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Always prioritise Lumi over Phasma as her healing and damage scaling higher is irreplaceable, Phasma spends turns doing buffs/debuffs that while great aren't as important as one big numbers punch that takes someone out and can completely turn the tide of the battle.

GW shipments is basically 'everything goes to lumi, when you're done catch Phasma up' at this stage. We'll see how it is when new characters come out.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Metos posted:

Always prioritise Lumi over Phasma as her healing and damage scaling higher is irreplaceable, Phasma spends turns doing buffs/debuffs that while great aren't as important as one big numbers punch that takes someone out and can completely turn the tide of the battle.

GW shipments is basically 'everything goes to lumi, when you're done catch Phasma up' at this stage. We'll see how it is when new characters come out.

My GW and Arena squad currently uses Talia for the turn meter gain heal. But I cannot imagine how unstoppable my high-burst damage team will be when I can just heal them all to full.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ularg posted:

Any recommendations on what to get with GW shipments? I just got Captain Phasma to rank 5/7. I feel like Luminara would be a better choice, as it's 50 tokens for Luminara and 85 to upgrade Phasma.

Getting Lumi to 7 will help you a lot long term. However, if you're focusing on a Phasma led team, and you want to keep up in Arena, you might want to consider just pushing through and getting Phasma to 7.
Assuming you do a full clear a day, you get 15 shards per day, so it will take you 12 days to finish Phasma. Getting Lumi to 5*, which is about when you'd start using her, will take 10 days. Your choice.

Obviously the reason to use Phasma has a lot more to do with the leader ability, her slow, and her team advantage boost, but, getting her hp and damage up isn't a bad thing.

I would probably go farm Lumi, but, if you've already got a really high Daka, you can probably focus on Phasma without worrying about it too much.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 21, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

commish posted:

I told you guys to get Poe weeks ago. Same with Poggle. With their skills and stats, you can tell they are going to be boss.

Way earlier in the thread I was like "Hey Luke and Poe sure are cool, wow!"

I get attacked way less with Luke as my leader in Arena instead of Sid, with the exact same team.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ularg posted:

My GW and Arena squad currently uses Talia for the turn meter gain heal. But I cannot imagine how unstoppable my high-burst damage team will be when I can just heal them all to full.

What's it like to not have half your squad heal blocked all the time

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

commish posted:

I pulled him the other day. I didn't even know wtf he was or what he did. I'm not even aware of his character in the movies.

He's Lando's buddy on the cloud city. Kind of a reverse-Geordi LaForge.

So, is there any word on when the next update/new characters come out? I'm jonesing for Jedi Luke and Yoda.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

I get attacked way less with Luke as my leader in Arena instead of Sid, with the exact same team.

Hm, I guess I hadn't considered this. I have a 6* Luke with 37% tenacity boost, and that's pretty OP with Poe. However, the Crit %/Damage on Sid is so nice with Luke and R. Pilot (Luke gets a higher chance to debuff/stun, while Pilot gains turn meter on crits - and they both crit for OOPS YOU'RE DEAD).

rabidsquid posted:

Way earlier in the thread I was like "Hey Luke and Poe sure are cool, wow!"

The general thread consensus since I started has been that Daka is irreplaceable, and Poe can be put off. I think that if you already have Lumi to fairly high stars, and are working on Phasma's stars, this isn't bad advice. Daka, with Phasma as lead, is crazy good. However, if you don't have Phasma, or he's only 3 or 4*, and you are working that Lumi to 7*, then Daka is a lot worse, and Poe is insanely good. I guess it all depends on where you want to go with your arena team. I've been pushing Luke/Poe because they are just so crazy good, and now I'm spending GW tokens on Resistance Pilot (Lumi is at 99/100 and I don't want to waste 4 shards - hard mode tomorrow I guess - and I've got R Pilot at 4* and he's already doing as much damage as my 6* Luke, despite being -600 or so power).

After I get R. Pilot and Poe up in stars, I will probably then work on Phasma/Daka.

e: In arena, my team just got wrecked by a team less than +1000 on me...Phasma lead (5*), Lumi, Sid, Kylo, Poe. Their team went just a little bit before mine, which makes all the difference. I did manage to take out Poe and Lumi, but, then I was dumb and used Sid's aoe (to clear exposes and advantage), which just let Kylo AOE EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN TURN. So, yeah, never put a dot on Kylo. It's a bad idea. I knew this, but thought it would be worth it anyways.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 21, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

commish posted:

Cyborg security chief on Cloud City.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm putting the pedal to the metal for Ackbar right now and not looking back. I got spanked by some stupid 5+ debuff/DOT per character Arena team headed by Vader a few days back in the #100 rank range and all I want is a rematch.

Curious to see what I can put together around that kind of support.

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013
Is there a reason why I can't upgrade my higher level characters' skills sometimes? I should be high enough level!

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
There's a third mat you need, it's just under the other two. The game doesn't have the best interface in the world.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

planedriver posted:

Is there a reason why I can't upgrade my higher level characters' skills sometimes? I should be high enough level!

Scroll down (swipe up) on the materials.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

planedriver posted:

Makes me really wish this game had an upgrade feature when I see things like this, if you could combine say 5 lvl 1 ability mats to make a 2, and 5 2s to make a 3, life would be easier. Goes double for gear. Instead they are just getting rid of the Sell Items page altogether :(

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

oops wrong forum posted:

Makes me really wish this game had an upgrade feature when I see things like this, if you could combine say 5 lvl 1 ability mats to make a 2, and 5 2s to make a 3, life would be easier. Goes double for gear. Instead they are just getting rid of the Sell Items page altogether :(

They are? Holy poo poo lol

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

rabidsquid posted:

Where exactly do you check to see when you got attacked in arena?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Present posted:

They are? Holy poo poo lol

The reasoning is nobody bothers selling gear anyway (I made 40K cleaning it up today), they already got rid of credit droids, and when they add new features they don't want the screen to get cluttered.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

Probably just noting that your rank has gone down since you last checked?

EDIT:
If they're tooling with the AI, make it so that I can see what characters can use a given mat at their current gear level. Now, you have to finally get done making the drat mat just to find that three other characters also need it.

Mezzanine fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 21, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oops wrong forum posted:

The reasoning is nobody bothers selling gear anyway (I made 40K cleaning it up today), they already got rid of credit droids, and when they add new features they don't want the screen to get cluttered.

40k, huh? That's like a drop in the loving bucket.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

40k, huh? That's like a drop in the loving bucket.

Well, that's the reason most people don't bother. But that's the 3rd time I've done it in a month and hey, an easy 100K isn't so bad when you have upcoming 6*s that need hit 7*!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Evil Canadian posted:

I guess I could be getting attacked the same and winning defenses, but just not dropping rank as much.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Really wish they'd implement a streak limiter to their RNG seed system, yesterday I got shards from every cantina fight bar 3, out of like 200 energy. Great!
Today I spent 140 energy and got 1 shard.
Its not a great balance.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

This stupid game signed out of Google Play and made me do the whole tutorial over again before I could even sign in. For what purpose!

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Dely Apple posted:

This stupid game signed out of Google Play and made me do the whole tutorial over again before I could even sign in. For what purpose!
Best part is as far as I can tell there's no way to actually get the 'do the tutorial' Google Play achievement as it asks you to sign in after you've already done it..

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Cyborg security chief on Cloud City.

Hoping for Willrow Hood being added as a top tier buff hero.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
So the Poe one shot teams are the only thing I'm seeing in GW now. I now get to save scum until my brand new 4* Dooku stuns their Poggle, otherwise the Kylo Phasma and Lumi show my team their rape room. CG's idea of balance is hilariously idiotic.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Pimpmust posted:

Really wish they'd implement a streak limiter to their RNG seed system, yesterday I got shards from every cantina fight bar 3, out of like 200 energy. Great!
Today I spent 140 energy and got 1 shard.
Its not a great balance.

Even if it "averages out in the end!", I'd prefer it to be more predictable. It's just mentally less anger inducing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

Hoping for Willrow Hood being added as a top tier buff hero.

No idea who this was, but instantly recognized the GIS. The fat black dude running down the hall with an ice-cream maker. I can't say I'm surprised he has a name at this point.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I think he got an action figure too, obviously deserving to be included in the game.

Refreshing ice cream, +100% turn meter to all allies. Also grants offense up and evasion. Heals all allies 50% of Willrows total health.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Pimpmust posted:

I think he got an action figure too, obviously deserving to be included in the game.

Refreshing ice cream, +100% turn meter to all allies. Also grants offense up and evasion. Heals all allies 50% of Willrows total health.

It should also taunt. Ice cream is delicious, so all opponents would feel the need to attack him, and only him, so that they might get their hands on him.

(gently caress Poe)

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Go read the thread on /r/swgalaxyofheroes on Poe right now. The poo poo he actually does is retarded.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I feel like I need a break from this game. But I know if I take a couple days off my arena rating is going to tank and I'm going to fall behind with my level and not get my shipments and aaaaaaaaaa

Maybe I should just put this game down until they add ships.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Could everyone please get their math out of my phone game about a group of ewoks fighting sith lords??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Are there any Sith Ewoks in EU?

• Locked thread