Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Jubala, Jubalo Jubalum
I'm a giant on this earth, fee fi fo fum
Cerebellum over-loader make your brain stem numb!

randombattle posted:

I didn't save it after I made and I have no way of getting the data.

Also don't look like me that's weird!

I would have tweaked it, I swear! Anyway no worries I have another 25 levels to play with the sliders...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I messaged everyone Windchilla mentioned and no one was online. Can I get an invite to the red faction clan on old man cho as Anansai?

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

nvm

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 20, 2016

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
Doctor Fist could use a Shanghai Goon invite if there's space. (Also are we doing any sponsors or anything for guild invites?)

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
The fact that names are region based and not server based means that they could theoretically merge servers pretty easily down the line. None of that ugly, "well someone has to change their name" stuff.

Also more servers is a good thing because it's like day two and they're all already packed.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Shanghai Goon on Mushin is once again full. I'll check again in a day or two for inactive people to free up some space.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Is this in any way similar to anarchy reigns bc I'll play it if it is

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

lol every 2 days, hope you don't get hosed by the queue

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I can't take a screenshot right now but I found several interesting things out when creating my male Lyn
1. Yes you can make both the pupils and whites of their huge eyes pitch black
2. If you give them the darkest colored skin and crank up the grease or whatever it makes them look like they're made of bronze
3. If you give them an afro it hides the smaller ears

After some tweaking to get the most freakishly large head with pointed chin, the biggest eyes and gangliest arms and legs I finally perfected Bronze Chia Alien (shorted to Chia Alien since they don't allow multi-space names). Coming soon to Jiwan if I ever get through the queue.

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

This is excellent.

As for the queue simulator 2016 everyone has been talking about, I finally had to wait in queue for Poharan earlier today, but it wasn't that bad w/ premium (couple minutes).

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Liberatore posted:

Bad loving idea. In a week or two the original servers wouldn't even have queues, all this will accomplish is split the player-base even more.
Agreed. Every time there's release day congestion, people beg for more servers. Every time the developers listen, the same thing happens: 3-6 weeks later, the initial buzz dies down, the "big" servers open up, and the newer ones become ghost towns. Probably not the end of the world with everything being so "cross-server" these days, but it's still a really bad idea. Weather the storm of entitled F2Pers for a few weeks and it'll be fine!

On another note... how do you upgrade a clan from level 1 to 2? I don't see anything on the UI... is there a button that only shows up at higher ranks or something?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Everdraed posted:

But you know what?

Bring it on.

His upper-lip looks like a second mustache. This is a good thing.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
I gave in and paid my fee of five bucks. Haven't played a starting game with goons before..

ErrantSystems posted:

This is excellent.

As for the queue simulator 2016 everyone has been talking about, I finally had to wait in queue for Poharan earlier today, but it wasn't that bad w/ premium (couple minutes).

:stare:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Does this auto-kick they claim to have implemented actually work? Or do all the bots stay logged in forever thus the queue is still effectively full?

Also, you can create some legit nightmare fuel summoners if you try. See:

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 21, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Everdraed posted:

I started playing this, and I'm just massively confused by very nearly everything. I am surrounded by anime, a very lazy cat is following me, my master is dead and everybody wants me to solve their problems. I don't know who to trust, my cat won't stop attacking players until they are dead, and still a collector wants to steal it from me.

But you know what?

Bring it on.

You're a goddamned treasure Everdraed. Never stop making Cthonian monstrosities in everything you touch.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Still debating between BM and BD for my next character to try, now that I'm home from work :v:. I know BM is one of the 'accepted' tanks, but now that I've seen a couple of dungeons, what does that actually entail? Near as I can tell autoattacks aren't especially a thing, so much as gimmicks and AoEs everyone has to bail out of.

For that matter, what does BM get that BD doesn't that allows them to play that role? Is it just the +aggro traits in the book?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Still debating between BM and BD for my next character to try, now that I'm home from work :v:. I know BM is one of the 'accepted' tanks, but now that I've seen a couple of dungeons, what does that actually entail? Near as I can tell autoattacks aren't especially a thing, so much as gimmicks and AoEs everyone has to bail out of.

For that matter, what does BM get that BD doesn't that allows them to play that role? Is it just the +aggro traits in the book?

BD dosen't have an actual block AFAIK

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Well that would certainly about do it wouldn't it

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I think BD gets a half second parry, which the BM can also get on their block if you skill for it. BM can also skill towards generating extra threat (you can tell what a boss is targeting, at the top right after their name it'll say who they're focused on) so you can tank more effectively.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Do I have to be on the same faction to one day group/guild up with goons? Because my swordmaster character who is 90 years old and blind doesn't look good in red. :argh:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Guild yes, group no.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Blade Master has a dedicated block that can be talented to a parry. Blade Dancer can talent their tab into a half second parry as well. Blade Master has several +threat options.

If you've only ever done a few low-level dungeons it's a bit of a different beast compared to high-end stuff. Especially for BM and KFM, blocking gives you access to abilities/conditions you don't otherwise get normally, and means that classes like FM or Summoner aren't kiting the boss around making life a pain for everyone else.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Kind of want to be a summoner except jesus gently caress the Lyn race looks retarded as hell. I swear the males look as feminine or moreso than the females.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Pierson posted:

Do I have to be on the same faction to one day group/guild up with goons? Because my swordmaster character who is 90 years old and blind doesn't look good in red. :argh:

Yes, Clans are faction based.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

khy posted:

Kind of want to be a summoner except jesus gently caress the Lyn race looks retarded as hell. I swear the males look as feminine or moreso than the females.

Everdraed posted:

I started playing this, and I'm just massively confused by very nearly everything. I am surrounded by anime, a very lazy cat is following me, my master is dead and everybody wants me to solve their problems. I don't know who to trust, my cat won't stop attacking players until they are dead, and still a collector wants to steal it from me.

But you know what?

Bring it on.

You can make it work, just go full hideous, it happens pretty quick with all the sliders.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

I made a character I can't even see the face of in queue because he's so freakishly tall.

Edit:

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 21, 2016

khy
Aug 15, 2005

DeathSandwich posted:

You can make it work, just go full hideous, it happens pretty quick with all the sliders.

WHAT HAVE I DONE

The best part is watching her do all the kung-fu poses while waiting in queue.

khy fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 21, 2016

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

These are fantastic.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
If anyone needs an invite to the EU guild whisper me (Jaroslav) ingame or ping me on Discord. I'm usually on through most of the day

khy
Aug 15, 2005

How do I unlock the in-game camera to view my character from the front?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

khy posted:

zoom in enough and the camera sort of swings around as it unlocks, iirc.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

khy posted:

hold alt

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

khy posted:

Hold Alt, then RMB, then rotate with mouse

khy
Aug 15, 2005

That just unlocks the mouse but I can't swing the camera around.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Press random mouse keys combined with random modification keys until something happens. Follow your training.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's kind of lame how you can't talk/emote with people in the PvP Arena.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

khy posted:

Hold down middle mouse button and it should let you rotate around your character.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Some fantastic characters in this thread :v:

I dunno if the AFK timer is just really long or what, but I haven't gotten kicked by it yet.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
old man chode queue full! premium subscription money grab commence!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The queues on all the servers are perpetually infinite. This game is so fun you guys.

I think I give up until they make new servers to flood and even then I'm expecting those to fill up with queues in no time too.

• Locked thread