Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so
ayy could i get an steam group invite, please? tia

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lindsaylohanssteamaccount/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Anyone else had an issue with controls where the staff's light charge move keeps automatically happening and you can't finish casting spells by releasing R1/CTRL? I thought it was my DS4 showing up as two pads by disconnecting it and booting the game still has it happening. Only started doing this last night and it's quickly become frustrating.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I love it when I underestimate a drop and my Arisen faceplants with a spectacular SPLAT and pained groan. The healing-spell nimbus that immediately floats down onto him always feels so sarcastic. :allears:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
If someone wants online Ur-dragon gear I can make it happen for you. Get on the goon group and let me know. Chances are you'll never get it thanks to people blatantly hacking it and then posting about their successes on the Steam board.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

It didn't occur to me that New Game Plus would clear my pawn's augment selection, so Diana Ross has been running around for a few hours without any augments equipped, and I got rocks from people who summoned her :downs:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Picayune posted:

I love it when I underestimate a drop and my Arisen faceplants with a spectacular SPLAT and pained groan. The healing-spell nimbus that immediately floats down onto him always feels so sarcastic. :allears:

Some of the most satisfying sound design in gaming.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

My original plan as to turn Weedgoku into that horrifying pale ape monster my first arisen was but I think I've settled on the angry blue nun instead. Praise be to shenron.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Everything in this game is just so satisfying to do. Nailing a guy in the bean with a Full Bend shot and sending him flying off a cliff with a heavy crunch is just awesome.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Even when enemies do stuff like that it's cool. I remember the very first time I played this game way back when, the cyclops near the start swung wide and knocked Rook right off the cliff like an underhand baseball toss, and I was like "Oh poo poo that was awesome! Also, gently caress!"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Anodyne is such a bad spell. The fact that it only heals the gray parts of your health and tends to break pawn AI in two where they interrupt more useful spells to heal a paper cut even if they're not mendicant makes me actively avoid mage pawns in favor of sorcerers(even though I'd really like to have Halidom and Grapnel).

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Picayune posted:

One of the assassin core skills is a double jump, which has some funny results such as falling a long distance, killing your momentum with a double jump, but still face planting when you lightly touch the ground.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Kanos posted:

Anodyne is such a bad spell. The fact that it only heals the gray parts of your health and tends to break pawn AI in two where they interrupt more useful spells to heal a paper cut even if they're not mendicant makes me actively avoid mage pawns in favor of sorcerers(even though I'd really like to have Halidom and Grapnel).

I'm pretty sure if you mash alt you can get over to the tab that shows you what skills they have equipped.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

K8.0 posted:

I'm pretty sure if you mash alt you can get over to the tab that shows you what skills they have equipped.

Oh yeah, I know, but the odds of finding a mage pawn not configured to be a healer are basically zero. I just run sorcerers instead.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
holy poo poo a perfect block into three grand cannons didn't lag me at all

this feels so weird

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Counterpoint: Anodyne means I rarely have to use healing items, which trigger my D&D OCD, and so I love having a mage around.

Orv
May 4, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Anyone else had an issue with controls where the staff's light charge move keeps automatically happening and you can't finish casting spells by releasing R1/CTRL? I thought it was my DS4 showing up as two pads by disconnecting it and booting the game still has it happening. Only started doing this last night and it's quickly become frustrating.

Restart your computer. Only thing I found that fixed it for good.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Night10194 posted:

Counterpoint: Anodyne means I rarely have to use healing items, which trigger my D&D OCD, and so I love having a mage around.

Spring Waters are for all intents and purposes free, heal the entire party instantly(you can even use them during stagger animations and grabs!), aren't very heavy, pawns of all classes will eagerly use them, will heal your entire health bar instead of just the gray parts, and they don't cover your screen in glowy green aura garbage like High Anodyne does.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah but you don't have to do anything for a pawn to heal you with anodyne

In the land of free infinite healing from magical spring water, laziness is king.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Orv posted:

Restart your computer. Only thing I found that fixed it for good.

Yeah, seems to have done it for the moment. At least until I get a load screen crash and have to reboot again :suicide:

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Into the Post-Game now (holy hell was The Final Battle amazing). I feel like I need to get a better handle on using curatives and crafting and suchlike. If there's a way to get away with not having to hire a Mage with Anodyne every time, which would free up space for more pawn combinations, that would be great. I know about the healing springs but the bottled water doesn't actually seem to heal all that much?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Get your hands on some potent greenwarish or strongwarish and harspud milk / sauce and go to town combining.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Buying more items from the store is a thing I should get into a habit more. I consistently have like 400k+ gold from quests and selling junk, not selling any DLC items.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Is there any indication of the approximate level range that quest is sometime before I go try it out and get massacred?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

So I never had Dark Arisen on console and am just finally experiencing it.

How the hell do I get buff enough to handle anything past Gazer? All the enemies jumped from "on the easy side" to "can barely be scratched" immediately after that. I guess I should grind out from drake kills to get my dragon weapons dragonforged or something?

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

I'm in new game + and only just found out you can pick up corpses. :11tea:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

How do I put a guy in a chickenhold instead of putting him over my shoulder with Grab?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Carver posted:

I'm in new game + and only just found out you can pick up corpses. :11tea:

Don't you have to pick up a goblin corpse and drop it for the mandatory griffin quest?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Night10194 posted:

How do I put a guy in a chickenhold instead of putting him over my shoulder with Grab?

only fighters, warriors, assassins and mystic knights can grapple

also you have to hold the grab button down, not tap

ShadowMar fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 21, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tae posted:

Don't you have to pick up a goblin corpse and drop it for the mandatory griffin quest?

Technically they don't have to be dead.

And you can use anything. Like the spiders that are 5 feet away.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ShadowMar posted:

only fighters, warriors, assassins and mystic knights can grapple

That explains it. I thought it was holding the button but it wasn't working for me; I'm a Strider.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm not sure I understand how bitterblack purification works. If I want the magic bow, do i purify it as a MA?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Emong posted:

So I never had Dark Arisen on console and am just finally experiencing it.

How the hell do I get buff enough to handle anything past Gazer? All the enemies jumped from "on the easy side" to "can barely be scratched" immediately after that. I guess I should grind out from drake kills to get my dragon weapons dragonforged or something?

If you saved Fournival, buy a bunch of Periaps from him: Conqueror's for physical damage, Demon's for magic. Use 4 at a time cause they stack up to 4.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Always side with the fat, bald, grasping land-owner. It pays way better.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
hi so i just got this game on pc and i selected strider as my class. it says i have an ability called scarlet kisses but when i press the alt key to bring up my special moves the only one i can do is the three shot arrow thing, even if i'm not in bow mode. what gives please.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

wiffle ball bat posted:

hi so i just got this game on pc and i selected strider as my class. it says i have an ability called scarlet kisses but when i press the alt key to bring up my special moves the only one i can do is the three shot arrow thing, even if i'm not in bow mode. what gives please.

Alt gives you your offhand skills, which for a strider is your bow. hold Control instead, that's your main hand skills

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Press the other alt button. I dunno I use my ps4 controller.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Killed Daimon at 90, went up 9 levels. :snoop:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Speaking of Daimon, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to stop Awakened Daimon's Vortex as a magic archer. I literally can't stagger him, I'm not even sure that you CAN.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

Speaking of Daimon, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to stop Awakened Daimon's Vortex as a magic archer. I literally can't stagger him, I'm not even sure that you CAN.

Stack Periaps and Flameshroud on his face, it'll be over so fast you'll feel cheated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

I'm pretty sure I've done that with either Thousand Kisses or Ninefold ice arrow spell w/e it's called.