Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

chumbler posted:

Drinking Girls is still so good. Thank you, z0glin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I am grateful for Zoglin.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sharkopath posted:

I am grateful for Zoglin.

As we all should be.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i did not know what loco moco was. now that i do, it seems kinda gross. mixing those delicious fried egg yolks with store-bought gravy offends me.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I hope Drinking Girls gets animated some day.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

chumbler posted:

Drinking Girls is still so good. Thank you, z0glin.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Wikipedia posted:

Loco moco is a meal in the contemporary cuisine of Hawaii. There are many variations, but the traditional loco moco consists of white rice, topped with a hamburger patty, a fried egg, and brown gravy. Variations may include chili, bacon, ham, Spam, kalua pork, linguiça, teriyaki beef, teriyaki chicken, mahi-mahi, shrimp, oysters, and other meats.

This sounds amazing. The variations listed sound like they replace the burger, or are they additions to the base?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Thanks Zoglin, Nomi Joshi is great readings.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Zweihander01 posted:

This sounds amazing. The variations listed sound like they replace the burger, or are they additions to the base?

It just depends on who makes it and exactly what they're adding. There's no hard and fast rule. I know I've had two versions, one of which added spam and the other foie gras, and both versions kept the hamburger.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Thanks for the TL of Drinking Girls & Love Is Hard For Otaku

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Alder posted:

Thanks for the TL of Drinking Girls & Love Is Hard For Otaku

I actually just found out someone else is doing Otaku, so I though I would let them take over...but their translation is just riddled with errors, so I guess I'll keep doing it! Here's a short bonus chapter of it!

I'll probably put it up on batoto or something soon.

For Drinking Girls I only have one chapter left in volume one (which is all I have), but I'll try to get my hands on two or three more chapters after that since it looks like volume 2 won't be here for awhile.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

I actually just found out someone else is doing Otaku, so I though I would let them take over...but their translation is just riddled with errors, so I guess I'll keep doing it! Here's a short bonus chapter of it!

For Drinking Girls I only have one chapter left in volume one (which is all I have), but I'll try to get my hands on two or three more chapters after that since it looks like volume 2 won't be here for awhile.

lol

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Praise be!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

z0glin Warchief posted:

Yeah, whoever is translating it for Batoto right now sucks, do not give up on Otaku.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

thank you for even doing 1 volume of drinking girls.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Please continue doing all the manga you're doing because your translations are really good. :coffeepal:

I hope we get a Kabakura/Koyanagi chapter soon. :3:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 19, 2016

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
People still fax things in Japan?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pastrymancy posted:

People still fax things everywhere. Try working in finance or government.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pastrymancy posted:

Fax is incredibly popular in Japan because everything needs to be stamped officially and you can't stamp an e-mail.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Please continue doing all the manga you're doing because your translations are really good. :coffeepal:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I really like reading these manga, thank you for translating them.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Thank you for translating these wonderful manga zoglin.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Thanks for the thanks y'all :kimchi:

Here's some more otaku. It's up on batoto too, though it's not approved or whatever as of this post.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

Here's some more otaku. It's up on batoto too, though it's not approved or whatever as of this post.

I think the otaku in love manga is my favorite of what you translate. I really appreciate it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i really was on my edge of my seat there regarding the underwear issue

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

z0glin Warchief posted:

How can you be bad with Dixie!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

z0glin Warchief posted:

Those two are so cute :3:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Oh heavens no, not beige!

Thanks for all of these Zoglin. Every series you picked up is great and so are your translations. Great notes too, eagerly awaiting more.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Welcome back Zoglin.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Thwomp!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
(It wasn't pink)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The quotes around dry also bother me

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Droyer posted:

I think the otaku in love manga is my favorite of what you translate. I really appreciate it

:agreed:
I really love that one and I'm glad you're sticking with it rather than the other person.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Thanks for the latest update. I wish I had a gaming irl buddy now :3:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Everything Burrito posted:

I really love that one and I'm glad you're sticking with it rather than the other person.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Erg posted:

Those two are so cute :3:

They are, but I want to see more of the other couple on their own, because they are at least as cute.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

They are, but I want to see more of the other couple on their own, because they are at least as cute.

I like how the romantic relationship feels like two adults, too.

Thanks, zoglin.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thanks, zoglin. :coffeepal:

I still want a whole chapter about these two, they're so cute:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011