Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
anyone know if older CRTs with the curved/dome-like screens or better or if the "flat screen" ones like this trinitron are the way to go? https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/ele/5376483269.html

might drive out and get this behemoth this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paper Triangle posted:

anyone know if older CRTs with the curved/dome-like screens or better or if the "flat screen" ones like this trinitron are the way to go? https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/ele/5376483269.html

might drive out and get this behemoth this weekend.

Get a trinitron

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Black Baby Goku posted:

Gave up on marble madness for now

Time for some Kung fu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9WjkXGahxo

If they play Gunsmoke next week I'm gonna poo poo a brick.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Haha that's awesome.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Plans tonight:

Listen to mbv and play commando

MBV ftw

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah. I really like the newer album, didn't really give it a good listen when it came out

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

fozzy fosbourne posted:

hmm, i wonder if there is some crazy way to measure your screen lag precisely using a wii u game pad and camera or something

e: before anyone asks, i'm a pro gamer

someone probably already did

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i bought the xbox silent scope gun and the silent scope collection to play on my sony trinitron crt but ti turns out they hosed up the game and it only detects the gun if you turn the brightness and contrast up to a level my tv cant do, so i returned the game but kept the gun because it works with house of the dead 3

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

absolutely anything posted:

i bought the xbox silent scope gun and the silent scope collection to play on my sony trinitron crt but ti turns out they hosed up the game and it only detects the gun if you turn the brightness and contrast up to a level my tv cant do, so i returned the game but kept the gun because it works with house of the dead 3

That's hosed. I saw a guncon 2 today with "vampire killer" or something. Anyone know if guncon 2 is compatible with original psx?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was talking about how you can just buy an LCD tv with no input lag

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

when my monitor died out of the blue a couple months ago i stood in front of the monitor shelves at best buy for 45 minutes looking up the input lag of each monitor until i found one with 1ms

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Black Baby Goku posted:

That's hosed. I saw a guncon 2 today with "vampire killer" or something. Anyone know if guncon 2 is compatible with original psx?

no it uses usb. i dont think guncon 1 works with ps2 games either i m not sure i never tried it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Plans tonight:

Listen to mbv and play commando

Sweet, I saw MBV twice on their reunion tour and they were the loudest shows I've ever been to

I just bought a ticket to the lush reunion. Shoegaze and gaming ftw

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

I was talking about how you can just buy an LCD tv with no input lag

Bro, stop being retarded okay? You cannot play old systems on LCD TVs without running into issues. Nothing beats an old CRT tv up to the ps2 years

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

no it uses usb. i dont think guncon 1 works with ps2 games either i m not sure i never tried it

Ah poo poo. Need to find a guncon one

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

Sweet, I saw MBV twice on their reunion tour and they were the loudest shows I've ever been to

I just bought a ticket to the lush reunion. Shoegaze and gaming ftw

I think Swans or Godspeed was the loudest, I couldn't hear correctly for awhile after Swans. I wanted so bad to see MBv but tickets were sold out. Shoegaze and gaming FTW indeed though

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Black Baby Goku posted:

Ah poo poo. Need to find a guncon one

theyre still pretty cheap on ebay

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want one and elemental gearbolt. Then I will play that game daily

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

someone near me is a selling a 100hz widescreen crt for $2 but i dont want a 60kg tv in my apartment lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Black Baby Goku posted:

i love vampire night

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

trying to jack off posted:

someone near me is a selling a 100hz widescreen crt for $2 but i dont want a 60kg tv in my apartment lmfao

Lol just get it dude who cares

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

i love vampire night

Yeah think I'm gonna grab it tomorrow

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

Lol just get it dude who cares

the only place i could put it is ontop of an amp at the foot of my bed which sounds badass but it'll be insane moving the tv to play a gig

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

but now im thinking about playing time crisis in bed which sounds epic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It works with a bunch including Time Crisis 2/3 and Crisis Zone

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

It works with a bunch including Time Crisis 2/3 and Crisis Zone

time crisis was awesome because you could use a second controller as the foot pedal

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

but now im thinking about playing time crisis in bed which sounds epic

Holy poo poo this sounds epic, but also playing point blank in bed lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
There was a resident evil gun game as well

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dead Aim I think

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

theres mutliple resident evil lightgun games and none of them are good. actually those wii ones exist if you count them i guess, i never played them

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

theres mutliple resident evil lightgun games and none of them are good. actually those wii ones exist if you count them i guess, i never played them

Ah drat. I figured how could they be bad. A resident evil light gun game lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played through the Wii one coop with a friend in one sitting and it was fine. Also the only Resident Evil game j had ever played until I played RE4 last year.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I almost beat ducktales on nes tonight but died in Transylvania

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

Holy poo poo this sounds epic, but also playing point blank in bed lol

sitting in bed frantically shooting at targets and cheering like that scene from patch adams where the dying dude shoots balloon animals

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

sitting in bed frantically shooting at targets and cheering like that scene from patch adams where the dying dude shoots balloon animals

You need to turn this into a reality since my gf is already pissed I have two TVs in the living room now, so I need to live vicariously through you while you play gun games in bed

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just imagined explaining why I'm getting a second CRT for the bedroom and why her Samsung HDTV has to go in the basement lol as I casually unpack a guncon and drape the cord over the bedframe

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

I just imagined explaining why I'm getting a second CRT for the bedroom and why her Samsung HDTV has to go in the basement lol as I casually unpack a guncon and drape the cord over the bedframe

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

inviting a friend over to play point blank then patting the empty spot next to you in bed

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Le Me, laying in bed next to fast asleep GF: ohhhh you human being! Cmon! Hahahaha yeah bitch. Yeah. Die die die!! [Hooting and hollering]

GF, waking up out of REM sleep: what the gently caress are you doing?!?!

Me, holding guncon: well I WAS going for a perfect 40/40 run of the target mini game... Cripes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

inviting a friend over to play point blank then patting the empty spot next to you in bed

Omfg lol

• Locked thread