Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Montasque posted:

Cruz: The Establishment is now behind Donald Trump! He's a crony capitalist! not me! And Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders have the same Healthcare plan!
Hannity: *Shuffles papers... Oh yeah sure...

I really like how Ted Cruz has gotten stumped so hard he's given up all pretense of any kind of coherent counterattack and has fallen back on the traditional Republican defense of "just say liberal a lot" like a meaningless catchphrase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

So has Benghazi fanfiction changed politics?

Rocks posted:

First MINIDVD PLAYERS, now GLOSSY MAGAZINES:

Dave's had good tweets this season

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Montasque posted:

I don't think Cruz is close to out of it yet, but this is his first real test, and so far he's failing.

If he's up in the polls he can turn this around, if he's down... Death spiral time.

Well, that's the thing, Nate's argument about the huge majority of primary nomination candidates withering at the first sign of heightened scrutiny turned out to be right...for everyone except Trump. It's especially true for Ted Cruz, he peaked a little bit too early and now he's faltering under the spotlight. His strategy to draft on Donald Trump's campaign, hoping to avoid any fights and then pick off friendly supporters when Trump inevitably flamed out was a good one, and was uniquely suited to Ted's weasel-like personality. Unfortunately the media latched on to "Ted Cruz is the guy to beat in Iowa!". Under the heightened scrutiny of the media and the blistering multi-pronged assault of Trump (Cruz is a nasty guy who has no friends, Cruz is in the tank with the banks, Cruz is from Canada!), Cruz has to actually take the main stage and defend himself. But he can't, because Ted Cruz is a poo poo stain that everyone hates.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Oh remember when I said those Trump attacks against Hillary/Bill would actually do something... Well...

’90s Scandals Threaten to Erode Hillary Clinton’s Strength With Women

quote:

This month, Lena Dunham, wearing a red, white and blue sweater dress with the word “Hillary” emblazoned across the chest, told voters how Hillary Clinton had overcome sexism in her political career.

“The way she has been treated is just more evidence of the fact that our country has so much hatred toward successful women,” Ms. Dunham, the creator and star of the HBO series “Girls,” said at a Clinton campaign event in Manchester, N.H.

But at an Upper East Side dinner party a few months back, Ms. Dunham expressed more conflicted feelings. She told the guests at the Park Avenue apartment of Richard Plepler, the chief executive of HBO, that she was disturbed by how, in the 1990s, the Clintons and their allies discredited women who said they had had sexual encounters with or been sexually assaulted by former President Bill Clinton.

The conversation, relayed by several people with knowledge of the discussion who would speak about it only anonymously, captures the deeper debate unfolding among liberal-leaning women about how to reconcile Mrs. Clinton’s leadership on women’s issues with her past involvement in her husband’s efforts to fend off accusations of sexual misconduct. The issue emerged last month when Mrs. Clinton accused the Republican presidential candidate Donald J. Trump of having a “penchant for sexism” and he in turn accused her of hypocrisy, given her husband’s treatment of women.

:getin:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
For some reason, beyond my comprehension, The New York Times hates the Clinton's.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

radical meme posted:

For some reason, beyond my comprehension, The New York Times hates the Clinton's.

Yes they do and I'm legit surprised it wasn't Maureen Dowd who wrote that.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

radical meme posted:

Welcome to the Republican Party.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Montasque posted:

Oh remember when I said those Trump attacks against Hillary/Bill would actually do something... Well...

There's no way these people are ever voting for trump though, so oddly enough this helps Bernie the most, weird rape-fetish-paper notwithstanding.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

rudatron posted:

There's no way these people are ever voting for trump though, so oddly enough this helps Bernie the most, weird rape-fetish-paper notwithstanding.

Bernie's cool and good, but could Obama just do a third term?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Subvisual Haze posted:

Seriously, nobody ever loan these people money.

It's weird, but it's almost like probabilities change depending on when in the cycle you are. Unless you are advocating that the Seahawks and Steelers still have a chance at winning the Super Bowl because their odds were pretty strong at the beginning of the season.

I know it's fun and cool to make fun of Nate Silver because of how he rails against pundits and claims his primary methodology has more support than it does, but the amount of misunderstanding how statistics work is embarrassing.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i don't know if gop strategists were hoping to keep this attack under wraps until after clinton won, so as to deny democrats the chance to pivot to sanders if clinton's numbers really start dropping, or if they would've considered sanders a better opponent and tried to tarnish clinton while she was still in the primary. normally campaigns are characterized by the ability to time the release of this sort of thing. but trump has a different sense of timing

there's also this vague idea that someone else could still parachute in if clinton starts sinking this early in the process, but i dunno about that. people seem to have been considering biden the 'break glass in case of emergency' candidate for the democratic establishment a few months ago. maybe it's already too late

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 21, 2016

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

radical meme posted:

The one bad thing about Cruz getting his nuts crushed this election is that he's going to be around for a long time. He's not up for reelection until 2018 and that's plenty of time to reinvent himself and make another run in 2020 or 2024.

I'm pretty sure that would involve a lobotomy or decades of intense therapy and drugs because apparently it has never bothered him for his entire life on earth that no one that has ever interacted with him doesn't think he is a smug piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Oil! posted:

It's weird, but it's almost like probabilities change depending on when in the cycle you are. Unless you are advocating that the Seahawks and Steelers still have a chance at winning the Super Bowl because their odds were pretty strong at the beginning of the season.

I know it's fun and cool to make fun of Nate Silver because of how he rails against pundits and claims his primary methodology has more support than it does, but the amount of misunderstanding how statistics work is embarrassing.

Harry Enten was writing "Don't count Scott Walker out!" articles until just before Walker dropped out, and then did the same thing for Bobby Jindal.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Three Olives posted:

I'm pretty sure that would involve a lobotomy or decades of intense therapy and drugs because apparently it has never bothered him for his entire life on earth that no one that has ever interacted with him doesn't think he is a smug piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat.

uh if anything that probably spurs him onward in a Nixonian obsession to get revenge on All The Bastards

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

quadrophrenic posted:

Game Change 2: Revenge of the Proud Clinger

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Patter Song posted:

Just a reminder, the Monmouth poll today asked GOP voters whether they thought Cruz was a natural born citizen and eligible to run for president.

65% Yes
12% No
24% Not Sure

Those have to be scary numbers for Cruz. That's a third of his own party.

What percentage of democrats believe President Obama is a Muslim and/or Kenyan? I doubt the numbers differ that much from this Cruz thing.

If you ask a person a poll question, it legitimizes the possible answers.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

That Great Amerikkka Beat

:vince:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so uhhh has cruz come out and said anything since palin's music's came on over the ring, or is he just cowering near the turnbuckle at this point? i expected him to do something today but haven't heard anything.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Montasque posted:

The only concerning part of this is that Hillary seems to believe that Lena Dunham isn't somewhere between unknown and irrelevant to feelings of contempt for her by any significant primary voting block. I don't even know how to describe her, thinking that she is making some social stand by being wealthy, having a liberal arts degree and going out of her way to make inexplicable, actively and aggressive unflattering personal appearance choices? I swear she wouldn't bath or wear deodorant for 3 months if The Rolling Stone promised her a flattering cover story on an indignant condescending essay on bucking misogynistic beauty choices as a Jewish feminist.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

uh if anything that probably spurs him onward in a Nixonian obsession to get revenge on All The Bastards

I'm hype for this

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abel Wingnut posted:

so uhhh has cruz come out and said anything since palin's music's came on over the ring, or is he just cowering near the turnbuckle at this point? i expected him to do something today but haven't heard anything.

Cruz got cucked Trump is railing Palin and it's time to make America Great again

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Palin's snubbing of Cruz is definitely the closest anyone in this election has come to literally being cucked.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

FairGame posted:

What percentage of democrats believe President Obama is a Muslim and/or Kenyan? I doubt the numbers differ that much from this Cruz thing.

Certainly no one currently running for president, as far as I know.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Oil! posted:

I agree, it is just absurd to judge someone's predictions based on their accuracy in predicting future events.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

oystertoadfish posted:

i don't know if gop strategists were hoping to keep this attack under wraps until after clinton won, so as to deny democrats the chance to pivot to sanders if clinton's numbers really start dropping, or if they would've considered sanders a better opponent and tried to tarnish clinton while she was still in the primary. normally campaigns are characterized by the ability to time the release of this sort of thing. but trump has a different sense of timing

there's also this vague idea that someone else could still parachute in if clinton starts sinking this early in the process, but i dunno about that. people seem to have been considering biden the 'break glass in case of emergency' candidate for the democratic establishment a few months ago. maybe it's already too late

The filing deadline has passed in a lot of states I assume, but that has never stopped Diamond Joe before! He'll just crack open an Icehouse tallboy and the super delegates will be down for a sweet ride in his old 'maro. Let this happen please!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Montasque posted:

The spokespeople perfectly represent their candidates right here.

For the record am I the only one that didn't realize she is actually black until I found out she filed a racial discrimination lawsuit against her former employer? And I don't mean in a :hurr: "I don't see race." kind of way, I mean had it even entered my consciousness I am sure I would have found it was more crazy that she is working for and supporting an openly racist rear end in a top hat. I honestly thought she had just spend a little too much time in the tanning booth and gotten a little overzealous with the bronzer until I read about that lawsuit like any Trump bimbo.

I mean it is really here nor there, I just can't be the only one that was surprised to learn this information.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 21, 2016

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 22, 2016

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Gotta give Harry credit though, he allocated 110% to the other candidates just to make his total add up to 100%. STATS

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Technically the only poll that is really accurate is the exit poll.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Logikv9 posted:

Technically the only poll that is really accurate is the exit poll.

Uh...

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Three Olives posted:

The only concerning part of this is that Hillary seems to believe that Lena Dunham isn't somewhere between unknown and irrelevant to feelings of contempt for her by any significant primary voting block. I don't even know how to describe her, thinking that she is making some social stand by being wealthy, having a liberal arts degree and going out of her way to make inexplicable, actively and aggressive unflattering personal appearance choices? I swear she wouldn't bath or wear deodorant for 3 months if The Rolling Stone promised her a flattering cover story on an indignant condescending essay on bucking misogynistic beauty choices as a Jewish feminist.

my favorite description of her is that she's the whitest feminist in history

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Come to think of it, Harry should have given -1600% to Trump, then he could give 100% to every other candidate at the time and have his math still balance out. Dude missed an opportunity to predict the eventual nomination with 100% accuracy!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Three Olives posted:

For the record am I the only one that didn't realize she is actually black until I found out she filed a racial discrimination lawsuit against her former employer? And I don't mean in a :hurr: "I don't see race." kind of way, I mean had it even entered my consciousness I am sure I would have found it was more crazy that she is working for and supporting an openly racist rear end in a top hat. I honestly thought she had just spend a little too much time in the tanning booth and gotten a little overzealous with the bronzer until I read about that lawsuit like any Trump bimbo.

I mean it is really here nor there, I just can't be the only one that was surprised to learn this information.

Trump has a lot of POC employees oddly enough.

With that said she is the Robin to Trump's Howard Stern.

Jewel Repetition posted:

Palin's snubbing of Cruz is definitely the closest anyone in this election has come to literally being cucked.

Those kids are REALLY blonde...

Montasque fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 21, 2016

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Yells TRUMP and walks away, probably doesn't count. I am really excited about Iowa, gonna be like the General because if Trump takes it he is running the table and I can buy a fine Made In America piece of headwear, gonna be tense.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Three Olives posted:

I was unaware there was anyone in the world who didn't hate her. She's like a female liberal Ted Cruz.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

Yells TRUMP and walks away, probably doesn't count. I am really excited about Iowa, gonna be like the General because if Trump takes it he is running the table and I can buy a fine Made In America piece of headwear, gonna be tense.

I was thinking more of this.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Why do you care so much what a woman chooses to do with her appearance?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Jewel Repetition posted:

I was thinking more of this.

Point taken, all polls are lies and we should just stay blissfully unaware until Election Day.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Lena Dunham had fun molesty touchy times with her sister, and furthermore has a pretty mediocre show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

blue squares posted:

Why do you care so much what a woman chooses to do with her appearance?

Personal appearance is a form of communication

• Locked thread