Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

crazy cloud posted:

This is actually a valid strategy for achieving all sorts of goals
it sure is :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Filipino spaghetti is full of hot dogs

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Cry Havoc posted:

this whole thing is just an ad for tinder :ssh:

Southpark was right we can't tell whats an ad and not an ad anymore!
:aaaaa:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Angela Christine posted:

Given the pictures of their food I don't see how that would work. How about hotdog infused filipino food instead? He could mash up a hotdog and add it to the filling for the spring rolls.

Springroll wrap a hotdog and dress with some "filipeno" filipino stuff.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

a starwar betamax posted:

OK [MOD CHALLENGE TIME]........................

OP, as a way of saying "thank you" to the goons who actually donated money to you for some reason, and for the pages of actually good advice that you were given, free of charge... you have 24 HOURS to do one of these one things:

1: Post a video of you preparing a philipeno food while reading a script transcribed for you in Tagalong. (must be at least 3 minutes long) Also we need close ups of your mouth while you taste the food afterwards.

And if you don;t do it within 24 hours I guess your banned or something. who knows!

This is basically a kickstarter video

you're no abe challenger beta

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Angela Christine posted:

Given the pictures of their food I don't see how that would work. How about hotdog infused filipino food instead? He could mash up a hotdog and add it to the filling for the spring rolls.
easy enough. Hotdogs are an integral part of filipino food already!

Cook them dogs OP!

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I'll record a video of myself walking there on my lunch break and eating at the cool Mexican place next door

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
i really hate Filipino food a lot

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I would be willing to donate to this but I need assurances that OP will turn out to be racist and also not honor the kickstarter rewards.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OK [MOD CHALLENGE TIME]........................

OP, as a way of saying "thank you" to the goons who actually donated money to you for some reason, and for the pages of actually good advice that you were given, free of charge... you have 24 HOURS to do one of these one things:

1: Post a video of you preparing a philipeno food while reading a script transcribed for you in Tagalong. (must be at least 3 minutes long) Also we need close ups of your mouth while you taste the food afterwards.

And if you don;t do it within 24 hours I guess your banned or something. who knows!

I'm glad challenges are coming back. The secret to a good mod challenge though is to encourage other goons to participate and/or beat the challengee.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lol at goons being once bitten twice shy. They gave money to a racist hot dog man so now they won't give to someone not racist but that could be because of the shitshow gbs 2 became

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Alan Smithee posted:

lol at goons being once bitten twice shy. They gave money to a racist hot dog man so now they won't give to someone not racist but that could be because of the shitshow gbs 2 became

But, we didn't know the hot dog guy was a racist douchebag before helping him out. What if this guy turns out to be a serial killer or something.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
honestly this guy seems dumb enough that he could possibly be a canadian doobie

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

But, we didn't know the hot dog guy was a racist douchebag before helping him out. What if this guy turns out to be a serial killer or something.

detective murdoch will be on the case

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I don't know who this Phil Pino character is but he better knock it off scamming gbs. No way can you achieve fusion with 8k usd

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
you're supposed to give us something to beat him at SWBM

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

A mod challange?! :eyepop: what a throwback!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

But, we didn't know the hot dog guy was a racist douchebag before helping him out.

He was a barely literate redneck from Alabama opening a hotdog restaurant.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Rather Dashing posted:

He was a barely literate redneck from Alabama opening a hotdog restaurant.

He was a blank slate onto which we could project our hopes and dreams.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

pretty sure we'd give him more money

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
You should setup a gofundme when you inevitably fail and need to pay your internet bill op

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Alan Smithee posted:

This is basically a kickstarter video

you're no abe challenger beta

and yet the video that is on kickstarter had next to nothing showing them cooking food! despite being a well produced 5 minute commercial for a pair of quirky mid-20s toronto bohemians and their quirky indie business venture!

OP was the business consultant you talked about actually a kickstarter consultant?

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

OP reminds me more of that e/n guy Jake that wanted goons to fund his deathmarch across the USA because of his mental illness then he does of doobie honestly. I think it has to do with the approach, posting style, and attitude. Begging while claiming to have tough skin and having done your research then showing the opposite to be true and closing the thread over and over.

Also kickstarter is for things people want, no one really has any reason to want some guy they don't know to open a take out place somewhere they likely don't live.

"Business plan" "Raising awareness" whatever. Good luck making it out of your local park!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

what if we donate money to him then he goes to syria and then gq blames us????

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

jackyl posted:

doobie, what'd you leave behind for me

Does anybody here remember Doobie's Dogs?
Remember how he said that
He would cook those dogs
pile them fries high?
Doobie! Doobie!
What has become of you?
Does anybody else here
Feel the way I do?

Bring the pinoys back home.
Bring the pinoys back home.
Don't let him fund this on his own, no, no.
Bring the pinoys back home!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Hey does anybody remember when I gave the OP the challenge because I don't know when 24 hours runs out??

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Hey does anybody remember when I gave the OP the challenge because I don't know when 24 hours runs out??

I think he still has about 3 hours left. Don't quote me on that, though.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

he needs more time. everyone know filipeno cuisine takes hours of effort and isn't "boil this for a few hours " or "fry this for a few minutes" !!!!

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

He asked for an extension to 36 hours, because he has a job and it will take time to get everything set up properly.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Also because the sludge that collects at the bottom of a rolling dumpster that is the basis for Filipino stock won't collect itself.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

etalian posted:

This is incredibly offensive

Filipinos are actually the mexicans of asia, Roman catholic religion and great chicken adobo
if you watch filipino TV it's all chinese people though lmao

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

actual filipinos only get to play servants on tv

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Did you know that in the Filipeens they use 120V.................... 60Hz ????

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

filipino classic street food

mmm bread and cheese ice cream

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

a lot of my friends growing up were filipino and i learned a bit about their cultural stuffs but mostly about how hawaiian asians are racist to an extent that would make alabama blush and even tho japanese hated chinese and koreans hated japanese they all considered themselves above filipinos which is lol bc filipinos are chill and cool and smoke their cigs bakwe (backwards)

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
OP....... I did some complicated math and you have 6.5 hours left!

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

OP....... I did some complicated math and you have 6.5 hours left!
uh he asked for 36 hours instead of 24 and as this thread has proven beggars can be choosers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Jukeboxblues posted:

I think he still has about 3 hours left.

• Locked thread