Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cool Bear posted:

What were the exact words of Professor Blackname when he contacted Bernie, a man who was unjustly and extremely publicly humiliated by .... you know a bunch of goofballs who did the wrong thing in possibly one of the most historically embarrassing events in all of history for maybe thousands of years, honestly. Like they couldn't interrupt a Donald "When was the last time you saw a Chevrolet in Tokyo?" Trump rally?

We meet again...PROFESSOR BLACKNAME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Disinterested posted:

i'm all for pushing bernie to speak more about racial issues, if only because it forces hrc to campaign on them too

i just think it's the worst put together tnc piece I've read and belies certain ways tnc's own views about radicalism are a bit garbled

that is probably because TNC is kind of an autodidact i imagine and doesn't fit into a nice sleeve

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's me, I'm Professor Blackname

Greetings.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Cool Bear posted:

What were the exact words of Professor Blackname when he contacted Bernie, a man who was unjustly and extremely publicly humiliated by .... you know a bunch of goofballs who did the wrong thing in possibly one of the most historically embarrassing events in all of history for maybe thousands of years, honestly. Like they couldn't interrupt a Trump rally?

Wow

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hi, sorry if I humiliated anyone, I'm a real goofball

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Berke Negri posted:

that is probably because TNC is kind of an autodidact i imagine and doesn't fit into a nice sleeve

yeah it's simultaneously a strength and a weakness of his

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

do you think that literal stalinists were ever this annoying

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
New thread title is professor blackname, emarx

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

professor blackname? hello yes this is cool bear

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

i think it's funny when disint, vil, and exmarx are always the ones getting het up about stuff like this

It concerns them because they know we could destroy them all with the barest thought.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Hi, sorry if I humiliated anyone, I'm a real goofball

You're more embarrassing than hitler, mussolini and stalin combined, Professor! You're the most embarrassing person in history!!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

mods plz name change me to professor blackname

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Disinterested posted:

yeah it's simultaneously a strength and a weakness of his

i guess he could have gone to better schools if thats what you mean

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

You're more embarrassing than hitler, mussolini and stalin combined, Professor! You're the most embarrassing person in history!!

Aw geez, sorry everyone!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

didn't he go to howard or spelman

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I heard from a reliable source that this is where we are supposed to post about bear supremacy?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

My Imaginary GF posted:

that'd bankrupt england, tho

What about the maori? do they get reparationd?

what a hilarious misunderstanding of my statement, what a mishap, ha ha

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Badger of Basra posted:

Shhh don't ruin the fun

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Badger of Basra posted:

im not here to police european epistemes

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

DrProsek posted:

I heard from a reliable source that this is where we are supposed to post about bear supremacy?

Stephen Colbert told me that bears are still the #1 threat to national security.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I support the words of Professor Blackname.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

It concerns them because they know we could destroy them all with the barest thought.

more like bearest thought
:D

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i think the best dadchat meme is the inability of certain posters to understand race, at all

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Stephen Colbert told me that bears are still the #1 threat to national security.

Stephen Colbear?!?!

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Imagine a gay bear on a boat.

AND ITS MUSLIM!

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I started reading this thread at a weird time. I think I'll come back later.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

it's not, I just mean you tend to get certain things with any autodidact

fresh eyes and broad range, for example

the flip side of that coin is sometimes being too reverential or uncritical to material, accidentally wading in to debates where you don't know about the hidden landmines, or discovery for the fact you just learned about it

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

paranoid randroid posted:

I support the words of Professor Blackname.

when you next sleep, a man slips into your room. he hands you a dagger and says "yeah bernie is pretty complicated"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
It's kind of sad that I don't watch Colbert now that he's on network television.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

i think the best dadchat meme is the inability of certain posters to understand race, at all

- man who expresses continued amazement that people from other countries have different viewpoints to his own

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

imagine hitler is in a presidential debate against the bear jew from inglorious basterds. A gaggle of giant nosed jews gets up on stage and shrieks oy vey, bear jew you forgot about how the small population of jews in albania weren't accounted for after the second balkan war and hitler is like 'holy poo poo rofl' just laughing

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Disinterested posted:

the flip side of that coin is sometimes being too reverential or uncritical to material, accidentally wading in to debates where you don't know about the hidden landmines, or discovery for the fact you just learned about it

oh, word?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Disinterested posted:

- man who expresses continued amazement that people from other countries have different viewpoints to his own

is this about zwarte piet?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Disinterested posted:

i can see why someone who posts exclusively in d&d would be upset about that!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Disinterested posted:

Yea what does he know about this topic, really

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Cool Bear posted:

imagine hitler is in a presidential debate against the bear jew from inglorious basterds. A gaggle of giant nosed jews gets up on stage and shrieks oy vey, bear jew you forgot about how the small population of jews in albania weren't accounted for after the second balkan war and hitler is like 'holy poo poo rofl' just laughing

imagination is a great thing

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Disinterested posted:

is this supposed to be referring to an african american's opinions on reparations

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Cool Bear posted:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

is this supposed to be referring to an african american's opinions on reparations

prof. blackname clearly don't know much about em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea what does he know about this topic, really

I'm not talking about the topic, just his strengths and weaknesses as a writer in general. You could invert this criticism w/r/t cornell west, it's nothing to do with being qualified, whatever that would mean

Berke Negri posted:

no, I wasn't even talking about the article at all

• Locked thread