Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I'm kinda bummed because I think Drisco might be a one-off character. He's the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What, it's the Mountain.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Never stop partying, bitches.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Last night Tatiana taught me all about communism, and sex.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okay I was wrong. This works better.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Good episode, i hate those ski movies. Theres no snow in texas dont show me a ski movie.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay this is a hallucination. Not sure when it started.

It's funny when that happens, but I'm glad they steered clear of that well this time.

I wonder if they're going to have Dennis in casts for the next episode?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
That episode was amazing

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh God this guy actually is from the Ski School movies

All the school movies

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
eh, that didn't really do it for me.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Anosmoman posted:

eh, that didn't really do it for me.

Have you ever seen Ski School? Or any number of B grade 80s movies all using the same set of jokes? If not you're missing out.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Any sort of like extreme sport movie of that era into the mid 90s shared the same horrible tropes they were poking fun at. It wasn't the best but they had their gags and it was pretty funny.

Also was that the first time they've done something different with the title card? That threw me off big time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Holy poo poo! It was Chainsaw. "Francis"

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
episode was worth it for the sex scene alone, i loving lost it when they cut to charlie splayed out naked playing a sax

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Noctone posted:

episode was worth it for the sex scene alone, i loving lost it when they cut to charlie splayed out naked playing a sax

That scene was incredible.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Noctone posted:

Sax and 80s were an amazing combination.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That was a fantastic episode. The charlie sex scene was great. The wide open mouth smile had me rolling.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Loved charlie being the only normal person for a bit questioning everything.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The opening credits were nice but I wish they would've gone with animated ones for the full 80s experience.

Noctone posted:

Seriously guys how is this show still so good?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Charlie's face during the sex scene was incredible.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
As soon as it showed that Dennis, Mac and Dee were amazing at skiing I was sure that "Oh, ok, this cold open is a a dream or hallucination of some sort." And then when it kept rolling afterwards and other stuff started happening I was sure that "Oh, okay, this entire episode is going to be a dream/hallucination that parodies 80s movies, cool."

The reveal at the end that it was all just Frank hiring a bunch of actors was pretty good, too, but at the same time...........wait, so three of these nonathletic drunks are legitimately completely amazing at skiing? To the degree that they can do flips and stuff at an Olympic level? That part didn't add up.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bbf2 posted:

wait, so three of these nonathletic drunks are legitimately completely amazing at skiing? To the degree that they can do flips and stuff at an Olympic level? That part didn't add up.

Mountain Rules!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Plus sometimes they shatter their ankles, so it kind of balances out.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

bbf2 posted:

..........wait, so three of these nonathletic drunks are legitimately completely amazing at skiing? To the degree that they can do flips and stuff at an Olympic level? That part didn't add up.
Dude, it's a comedy show in its 11th season doing a parody of dumb 80s poo poo.

Also the finale this year is a two-parter called The Gang Goes To Hell, I hope it's just this but with Bill & Ted instead of lovely ski boob comedies.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jan 21, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
That was amazing, please don't tell me people itt are complaining about trivial bullshit.

Seriously that was quite the episode, the sex scene was one of the most hilarious visual gags they've ever done. Dunno why they decided not to go with this one as the season opener like they originally intended, maybe because it's a concept episode that is very different from what they usually do? idk.

Top tier episode no doubt and anyone who doesn't think so is a savage and an idiot.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITdWN4O2aMk

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

loving loved every second of that episode, and the Charlie sex sax scene will rest along Dennis' campaign tape, Sweet Dee being set on fire, Green Man, Dayman/Nightman and so many other things as those little bits that just make this show for me.

Dennis threatening his ski team was great too.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Yeah, Dennis makes a fantastic 80s comedy villain.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Illinois Smith posted:

Yeah, Dennis makes a fantastic 80s comedy villain.
This was the best part for me, that, like, hey, one of the main characters in this show can play the straight up evil for no reason villain guy and it's not even out of character for him. I felt lik ethey made some of the same jokes repeatedly like just flat out saying "hey this raunchy sex comedy stuff is actually sex assault" half a dozen times but Dennis in the villain ski suit and all that was perfect

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jan 21, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

emanresu tnuocca posted:

That was amazing, please don't tell me people itt are complaining about trivial bullshit.

Watch out, someone's going to call you a sensitive baby

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Cojawfee posted:

Watch out, someone's going to call you a sensitive baby

I am what I am.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Loved it. The Charlie sex scene was amazing, and FXX is slightly insane for showing straight up soft core with a bit of blurring.

Them suddenly objecting to shoving your dick through a hole in the wall came off weird to me, it was never a problem in philly. Other than that, loved every minute of it.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

bbf2 posted:

....wait, so three of these nonathletic drunks are legitimately completely amazing at skiing? To the degree that they can do flips and stuff at an Olympic level? That part didn't add up.

Dennis and Dee grew up rich so I assume they've been skiing a lot in their lives, as for Mac well that's just from years of project badass training

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Sammus posted:

Loved it. The Charlie sex scene was amazing, and FXX is slightly insane for showing straight up soft core with a bit of blurring.

Them suddenly objecting to shoving your dick through a hole in the wall came off weird to me, it was never a problem in philly. Other than that, loved every minute of it.

Yeah I wonder how much use they actually get out of the glory hole back at the bar.

It just occurred to me that Mac removed the glory hole cover almost immediately in Charlie Work because he thought it was put on as a mistake, but also I'm assuming because he gets a lot of mileage out of it.

Ekusukariba posted:

Dennis and Dee grew up rich so I assume they've been skiing a lot in their lives, as for Mac well that's just from years of project badass training

Yeah for someone who cannot ice skate it's pretty far-fetched that he's an expert skier.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Guys, everything is different on the mountain. It's not even subtext it's text.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

How do so many people not understand mountain rules

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Holy hell this episode was stupidly good.
80's throwback, evil Dennis, random Swiss ski team shows up, Sax sex, Charlie pulling random beers out.

Just. Absolutely top notch episode from start to finish

"My ankles are broken, they are surely broken"
"i believe i heard you mention, it was uh. A model made out of candy"

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 21, 2016

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I wouldn't be surprised if this episode was conceived starting with 'Dennis would make a great 80s villain.'

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

speshl guy posted:

Yeah I wonder how much use they actually get out of the glory hole back at the bar.

It just occurred to me that Mac removed the glory hole cover almost immediately in Charlie Work because he thought it was put on as a mistake, but also I'm assuming because he gets a lot of mileage out of it.

Yeah for someone who cannot ice skate it's pretty far-fetched that he's an expert skier.

I cannot ice skate and have been skiing my whole life. I skied at a small place called Four Lakes in Illinois with occasional trips to Wisconsin and Colorado. I can say that I can do everything the gang did and I'm not even that good a skier, and grew up learning on a garbage hill less than 100 feet high.

Them coming back after not doing for years is accurate too. I hadn't skied in 5 years before this one and went out to Colorado skiing again. It's like riding a bike. It comes back quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SaLA1CyQk8