Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Why in gently caress's name do we still not have server maintenance announced on the game launcher in 2016. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Is it even possible to make my summoner/pet look less chibi?

Did you try?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

poptart_fairy posted:

Why in gently caress's name do we still not have server maintenance announced on the game launcher in 2016. :mad:

I too, get mad when my heroin get's flushed down the toilet :).

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Did you know? My game launcher tells me that the Technical Alpha starts on 19 October, and the prices on the Hongmoon Store aren't final!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Is it even possible to make my summoner/pet look less chibi? Even a little?

Yeah, you can do some fancy slider work to get lyn to look bigger.

As for the cats, they can be adjusted at the cat customization NPCs. The first one is in Jadestone, the second one is in the first town in the desert in Cinderlands, and the final one is at the big camp in Lycandi Foothills with the wheels. You can change your cat's body type there. The body type selections are the same at every NPC, but the other options change depending on which one.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Cao Ni Ma posted:

There are a lot of organizations that decided to switch to old man chode so right now its probably has more people active than mushin.

Im hedging my bets I have a character in mushin and another there.

It'd be funny if Old Man ends up being the last server standing after all.

Shame my reserved name is on Mushin but maybe after a month things will have calmed down and I can just snag it wherever.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Just got home from a 1 month break after no internet, found out this game's been released, downloaded it, registered and tried logging on but it keeps giving me a 2000 error. I assume this is because of maintenance or something?

Goncyn
May 20, 2005
headlight on a northbound train

poptart_fairy posted:

Is that why I can't log in? I thought I had somehow mis-clicked my PIN three times in a row. It's also cute how the launcher stays open but all the controls on it disappear after you launch the game.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Stalins Moustache posted:

Just got home from a 1 month break after no internet, found out this game's been released, downloaded it, registered and tried logging on but it keeps giving me a 2000 error. I assume this is because of maintenance or something?

Yeah they are adding more servers atm, should be back up in 2 hours.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

The launcher still has beta announcements scrolling by, so...

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I'm confused. It says the servers are offline but I am definitely still in game.... I just can't interact with anything. This game has a weird design.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jan 21, 2016

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

CompeAnansi posted:

I'm confused. It says the servers are offline but I am definitely still in game.... I just can't interact with anything. This game has a weird design.

maybe you'll just get a 3.5 hour long lag spike

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
thinkin about trying out a KFM but imo they should have these kind of weapons instead of their weird gauntlets

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

thinkin about trying out a KFM but imo they should have these kind of weapons instead of their weird gauntlets

Yo bitch account friend me already so that when I manage to log on a server somewhere we can chat (the name is... wait for it... Anoia).

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
drat, well played KFMs really gently caress my rear end(heh) up. I can pretty much wombo combo anyone from stealth but even a bad KFM can just sit there and eat an entire combo chain and still have >50% of their health left.

That being said I managed to someone kill a 45 KFM last night. I'm positive it was a bot, but I'll take the kill. Only 20 more to go for that 75 pierce :D.

Anyone know if there's a sweet list of stat unlocks anywhere?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I got cussed out last night for not bidding on an unlock sword in the first dungeon. The sealed blight blade dropped and I was the only BM, so naturally someone tried to jack the cost up on me. Congrats idiot you just payed 30s for a sword you can't even use, that is not tradable and sells for 2c. Meanwhile I'll roll around in my money and just run it again later.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Rhymenoserous posted:

I got cussed out last night for not bidding on an unlock sword in the first dungeon. The sealed blight blade dropped and I was the only BM, so naturally someone tried to jack the cost up on me. Congrats idiot you just payed 30s for a sword you can't even use, that is not tradable and sells for 2c. Meanwhile I'll roll around in my money and just run it again later.

I don't know how dungeons work in this yet, but that sounds hilarious.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

randombattle posted:

I don't think they expected several hour long queues across multiple servers.

No one (the people playing the game) expected this for any of the F2P launches, not ArcheAge, not Wildstar F2P Launch, not BnS. Because jeeze they must have learned from the other launches.

Your post makes it sound like some quasi defense, I'm not even sure.

Of course everyone expected multi-hour long queues on a popular fp2 title launch. If someone didn't (again the people playing), they're dumb and haven't paid attention to anything that's happened in any MMO launch for the past 10 years.

edit: edited for clarity

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 21, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Skwee posted:

I don't know how dungeons work in this yet, but that sounds hilarious.

All dungeon loot works on a bid system. If you want a piece of gear you bid on it, and some of the proceeds of that bid get sent to the party members. With this in mind if something is bidding hot you can bid on it to drive the price up then you get money.

I was the only BM in the dungeon so the only sword user. Some fuckwit thought it would be funny to drop a huge bid on a BoP swordmaster only weapon to force me to buy it, thus making him a bit richer. Rather than do this I just sat on my hands and let him have it. This BoP weapon only vendors for a few copper.

So instead of jacking the price up for me, he just basically handed me a bunch of money and now has this sword that he can do fuckall with but sell for a fraction of the cost he bid on it for.

Then he got REALLY mad at me in chat because his clever plan cost him money.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You never, ever, EVER plan for peak capacity in situations like MMO launch month. It's going to be like this for like 4 weeks tops and then things will level off. Had you planned for peak capacity you'll be sitting on hardware that you might never recoup the costs on. It's much better to increase capacity at a slower pace.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Speaking of Hongmoon weapons do they change their appearance at all, or do they remain the same from 1-45 and they want you to re-skin them using drops and the cash store?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

I think this is the best part. It's like dude, you brought this on yourself by being a dick you have no right to get mad.

I love the bid system, beats the hell out of NBG bullshit.

Pierson posted:

Speaking of Hongmoon weapons do they change their appearance at all, or do they remain the same from 1-45 and they want you to re-skin them using drops and the cash store?

They change at every "transformation", so every 10 weapon levels.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Is the Hongmoon weapon good enough to keep using all the way through to end-game, or will better alternatives appear?

The starter one seems pretty great fully upgraded to the 2nd tier, at least so far.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

ModeSix posted:

Is the Hongmoon weapon good enough to keep using all the way through to end-game, or will better alternatives appear?

The starter one seems pretty great fully upgraded to the 2nd tier, at least so far.

You will be using it and evolving it all the way to 45 and beyond. Once we get Spiral Labyrinth, legendary weapons will start dropping that can end up being better than Hongmoon weapon IF you spend the money and time (which are very significant) to do so. They're extremely rare though.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Pierson posted:

I got lucky on my sword master and got 2 Stalker Swords. I used one to upgrade to the next whatever, and I used the other to change it's appearance

Logic
Jan 8, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

All dungeon loot works on a bid system. If you want a piece of gear you bid on it, and some of the proceeds of that bid get sent to the party members. With this in mind if something is bidding hot you can bid on it to drive the price up then you get money.

I was the only BM in the dungeon so the only sword user. Some fuckwit thought it would be funny to drop a huge bid on a BoP swordmaster only weapon to force me to buy it, thus making him a bit richer. Rather than do this I just sat on my hands and let him have it. This BoP weapon only vendors for a few copper.

So instead of jacking the price up for me, he just basically handed me a bunch of money and now has this sword that he can do fuckall with but sell for a fraction of the cost he bid on it for.

That is a great system for handling group loot. You guys are making me want to play this game.....I told myself Archeage's $150 was my last waste of money on a MMO.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anoia posted:

Yo bitch account friend me already so that when I manage to log on a server somewhere we can chat (the name is... wait for it... Anoia).

lol you got it it'll be the first thing i do if i can ever get in, i might go for prem but it looks like i can only get it in a pack right now? their store layout is confusing and I'm trying to figure out how to buy just prem

Hongmoon weapons seem to be the standard but you can alter their appearance with other things so you don't necessarily have to wait for transformation btw

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Speaking of the Hongmoon weapons changing, after it changes base appearance, can you change it to use a previous forms appearance? Or just other blue/green weapons?

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So after spending some time with KFM last night I think I'm in love with the class. The combat feels like an arcade beatemup, and the attack sounds have a really satisfying crunch and impact to them.

I really suck at timing my counters though, so that'll probably come to bite me in the rear end later.

Rhymenoserous posted:

This owns. I was playing with a friend so we got a bid item and were really confused about what was happening.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

cathead posted:

You will be using it and evolving it all the way to 45 and beyond. Once we get Spiral Labyrinth, legendary weapons will start dropping that can end up being better than Hongmoon weapon IF you spend the money and time (which are very significant) to do so. They're extremely rare though.

Does that mean that all the Heroic/Legendary weapon chests out of Forgekeepers are useless then? I'm with the Forgekeepers because of the combo with Radiant Ring, but so far all I've made are swords to feed my Hongmoon weapon with if I'm not making repair hammers to sell for a pittance on the market.

I did at least give my Hongmoon sword the appearance of one of the crafted weapons, because I want to be running around with something that looks like an actual sword, not some weird split blade top thing.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Karistar posted:

Does that mean that all the Heroic/Legendary weapon chests out of Forgekeepers are useless then? I'm with the Forgekeepers because of the combo with Radiant Ring, but so far all I've made are swords to feed my Hongmoon weapon with if I'm not making repair hammers to sell for a pittance on the market.

I did at least give my Hongmoon sword the appearance of one of the crafted weapons, because I want to be running around with something that looks like an actual sword, not some weird split blade top thing.

Yeah I think those are mostly fodder. The most important thing Forgekeepers make are repair tools.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Logic posted:

That is a great system for handling group loot. You guys are making me want to play this game.....I told myself Archeage's $150 was my last waste of money on a MMO.

Lastgirl posted:

lol you got it it'll be the first thing i do if i can ever get in, i might go for prem but it looks like i can only get it in a pack right now? their store layout is confusing and I'm trying to figure out how to buy just prem

You can get 7 days of premium for $5 if you buy the Student Bundle: https://shop.bladeandsoul.com/signature/list#StudentBundle

It costs 399 NCoins. 400 NCoins cost $5: https://purchase.ncsoft.com/ncoin/buyNCoin

I did this, and my queue time for Mushin last night during prime time was about 5 minutes.

After a week, we'll see how the queue times look.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I would guess the queues are going to die out after this weekend.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Cathead what is your summoner build at 45? I'm nearing 40 and having a lot of fun but I have no idea what to do beyond the recommendations you made earlier in the thread. I am kind of just putting points in places that make things die better/make me live better.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
there's no queue after like midnight PST

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
I'm pretty sure NCSoft of all people understand the F2P Chinagame Cycle.

1) Game offers pre-launch packages to get money and build hype
2) Game launches with minimal Pay2win elements and builds more hype as THE NEXT BIG THING (tm)
3) Game gets huge queues at launch which serves to actually extend the lifetime of the game as it prevents people from powering to the end.
4) Content locusts power to endgame in under a week
5) A combination of endgame grind and technical issues (because every lovely Chinagame is ping sensitive) makes the shine fall off
6) Population sharply drops and then stabilizes.
7) Publisher needs to show game is still making money, and introduces Pay2Win elements because they know they can't maintain launch numbers and hype
8) More people leave because pay2win sucks
9) Next Chinagame starts building hype and offers pre-launch packages and people pay because WE WILL NEVER GET DUPED AGAIN.

This is just a normal part of things. Opening more servers is a mistake IMO.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
The servers are back up, if you hadn't noticed yet.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

Cathead what is your summoner build at 45? I'm nearing 40 and having a lot of fun but I have no idea what to do beyond the recommendations you made earlier in the thread. I am kind of just putting points in places that make things die better/make me live better.

This is the base build I use for general party stuff. (Rosethorn effects aren't quite correct cause bnstree is on december patch but that's still the # of points I use.)

I change Ivy (1) between form 2 and 3 based on whether I need the root or not. Sometimes switch Thorn Tendril (2) to 3 so I have 2 dazes if I need the CC for a boss. I've also dropped the points in Low Slash/Plant Bomb (V) to pick up the 5sec invuln on True Friend (X) for stuff like Poharan's flame ring.

Not sure if I went over sunflower strats earlier or not but you can check Urban's thread on the matter on dojo for more information on the best rotation for that.

Essentially, if you hit an enemy with Sunflower while the enemy is either affected by Nettles, has Doom n Bloom on them, or is pinned (like by your cat or some other classes), your Sunflower button will change to Super Sunflower. Then if you hit the enemy with Super Sunflower, you get a Photosynthesis stack. You basically rotate Nettles and Doom n Bloom to get to 5 stacks and then you go into Overflow where you get 3 seconds to go ham on your Sunflower button for free. The real trick to all of this is rotating things properly such that you don't run out of focus and drop your stacks and can get into Overflow as many times as possible during the fight. Ivy poison also increases the damage your sunflower does so you want to try and have that up during Overflow as well.

Hopefully that all makes sense, let me know if you have questions. Some of this stuff is hard to practice while leveling because stuff dies so fast so you only get to do it on like, world bosses or some dungeon bosses. It's worth practicing though since it will be your core rotation at 45, and you'll need to be able to do it without thinking about it too much since you'll have other fight mechanics and party support stuff to deal with.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I like my women short and thick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
If anybody is interested on Poharan there's a small guild of Age of Wushu expats. I think we're at about 20 members or so. The queues are relatively short for premiums at least, so if you're interested either message Haro or Leffe in game.

EDIT: Forgot to add, we're blue.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jan 21, 2016

• Locked thread