Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

the only person zarbull should be presenting any kind of challenge to by the time rof takes place is master roshi

tho speaking of that, it's still pretty funny that they say yamcha isn't up to the challenge but bring roshi along to fight. it was nice seeing him be useful again

No he should be given the human characters a run for this money. Krillen was never stronger than zarbon . Tien is kind of debatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Monaghan posted:

No he should be given the human characters a run for this money. Krillen was never stronger than zarbon . Tien is kind of debatable.

Zarbon was stronger than Krillin in the Frieza Saga for sure, but he's spent years training since then and even held his own against Imperfect Cell for a few minutes, current Krillin would have eaten Zarbon for breakfast. Deliberately stating this guy 'is as strong as that henchman who died like a decade ago' remains an absolutely baffling decision

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Monaghan posted:

Krillin was able to hurt Imperfect Cell, of course he got stronger.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

Krillin was able to hurt Imperfect Cell, of course he got stronger.

This was filler, but it'd be retarded if Krillin would be weaker than Zarbon at this point of time. "Two beings stronger than Freeza will come in 3 years - well I guess I can't even beat one of his ridiculously weaker henchmen, but by golly I'll join the fight anyway"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
To be more accurate, it's possible Kriller never got stronger than Freeza. Tien did, in theory, but Tien is a training machine that thinks its human.

Also having seen Revival of F now

I love that Goku thinks its at all a good idea to tell Freeza to go off and train some more, when Freeza barely putting ANY effort into training for just 4 months made him the third most powerful entity in the entire DBZ universe so far. He just hosed up the endurance part again.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That's why Krillin was cool though. He always tried to help, even if he was never relatively strong.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

I love that Goku thinks its at all a good idea to tell Freeza to go off and train some more, when Freeza barely putting ANY effort into training for just 4 months made him the third most powerful entity in the entire DBZ universe so far. He just hosed up the endurance part again.

This is exactly why Goku thinks it is though. He isn't thinking "Freeza is a threat to the entire universe", he's thinking "man, this dude is freakin' strong, he'll be one hell of a rival!". It's the same thought process he had when he stopped Krillin from killing Vegeta, he knows fully well how dangerous it is but STRONG FIGHTS are before saving the world in Goku's priority list.

I'm glad he gets shot for it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm glad to see Goku is kind of getting a character arc again.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

mmkay posted:

This was filler

That occurred to me while making that post but I was hoping otherwise. Alas.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Full scan of the "Project Fusion" pages:

Closeup of what may be some of the fusions:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

This is exactly why Goku thinks it is though. He isn't thinking "Freeza is a threat to the entire universe", he's thinking "man, this dude is freakin' strong, he'll be one hell of a rival!". It's the same thought process he had when he stopped Krillin from killing Vegeta, he knows fully well how dangerous it is but STRONG FIGHTS are before saving the world in Goku's priority list.

I've always wondered if Goku would do the same thing vegeta did if he managed to get to imperfect cell first. On the other hand, he didn't want to fight vegeta as it would release majin buu, so I dunno what his policy is regarding strong opponents.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Are those Trungeta and Kakahan?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Monaghan posted:

I've always wondered if Goku would do the same thing vegeta did if he managed to get to imperfect cell first. On the other hand, he didn't want to fight vegeta as it would release majin buu, so I dunno what his policy is regarding strong opponents.

I feel like actually letting 18 get absorbed would be going too far for Goku, morally.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

I'm pretty sure that Goku wouldn't go that far. He wouldn't let Frieza blow up the Earth just so he can train and fight him stronger later or whatever.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he would let frieza get away tho. I could see him doing what vegeta did

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

And he did give Cell the senzu bean when he was confident Gohan could still win anyways.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I am too, I just wish it was, y'know, Frieza using a ki ball like Goku did back on him in their first fight rather than a ring pop

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Burkion posted:

To be more accurate, it's possible Kriller never got stronger than Freeza. Tien did, in theory, but Tien is a training machine that thinks its human.

Hasn't it been stated officially a few times that Krillen is the strongest human?

Raxivace posted:

I'm glad to see Goku is kind of getting a character arc again.

Don't be silly, Goku isn't getting a character arc: Frieza is. He'll keep turning up more and more powerful, but always a step behind Goku and ending up helping him for plot reasons. By the end of Super, Frieza will be the new Vegeta, Vegeta will be the new Picollo, Picollo will be the new Tien, Tien will be the new Yamcha and Yamcha will be the new Lunch.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

tsob posted:

Hasn't it been stated officially a few times that Krillen is the strongest human?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Toriyama confirmed Krillin the strongest human.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

pik_d posted:

Are those Trungeta and Kakahan?

Given the outfit and belt design, the first one might actually be Hercgeta (or Mr. Vegatan).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Covok posted:

Toriyama confirmed Krillin the strongest human.

He forgot about Tienshinhan.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tien W. Shinhan isn't a human and probably can't read.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

projecthalaxy posted:

Tien W. Shinhan isn't a human and probably can't read.

Three eyes = best speed reader

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The strongest normie human with conventional anatomy in Dragon Ball is Yamcha. I think the trans-humanist subtext of the series is quite clear

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
How could Krillin be considered the strongest human if the man who saved the world from both Buu and Cell is a human?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

mikeycp posted:

How could Krillin be considered the strongest human if the man who saved the world from both Buu and Cell is a human?

Mr Satan is a good character and he plays an important role in finishing Buu, but you do him a disservice by playing him up as the meme :razz: Savior of Earth :iamafag: as his role in the Cell Saga is solely that of Extremely Lame comic relief

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 22, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nah if satan wasn't there, nobody would have been around to toss 16's head to gohan and they would have all died

that's not anime filler either

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
i always wondered what the people that were with him at the Cell games thought. Like, did he pay them hush money or did he have someone take care of them?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I mean, he basically pays Goku's family to let people think that he stopped Buu.

So probably?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they just didn't see what happened and he lied at the end

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Also everyone but the news people were part of his posse.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Anyway the strongest human is Gohan. Don't give me any of that poo poo like 'but he's half saiyan' you racists.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Steak Eater posted:

Anyway the strongest human is Gohan. Don't give me any of that poo poo like 'but he's half saiyan' you racists.

You say that yet you invoked the "One drop Rule"? Who's the real racist here?:colbert:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

the culminator posted:

i always wondered what the people that were with him at the Cell games thought. Like, did he pay them hush money or did he have someone take care of them?
Didn't we see his stooges in Super during the SuperSatan episode, them still being his help pretty much?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Soon we'll find out Mr. Satan actually doesn't have a lot of money because so much of it is hush money to various people.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

mikeycp posted:

I mean, he basically pays Goku's family to let people think that he stopped Buu.

So probably?

Which is really great because I don't think either Goku or Vegeta(and the Briefs) particularly want reporters snooping around them, so they'd let him say he did it for free.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not like any of them ever said anything about cell

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Satan is an honorable man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Skaw posted:

Which is really great because I don't think either Goku or Vegeta(and the Briefs) particularly want reporters snooping around them, so they'd let him say he did it for free.

I honestly take it more as being that Satan is a cool guy and they're kinda buds now after Buu and also their kids getting hitched, so Satan is doing Goku's family a solid. (With the added bonus of them keeping quiet.)

• Locked thread