Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Hm, do positive opinion modifiers inherit too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Elective monarchy best succession system.

And a continue button! You guys are awesome. Other than that, there's only one problem with the whole thing:

CrazyLoon posted:

Oh gently caress off, right before XCOM 2...

DO NOT MAKE ME CHOOOOOOSE!

!!!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Edison was a dick posted:

Hm, do positive opinion modifiers inherit too?

Its pretty fair if it does. Like when you give a duchy title to some fucker and then you die shortly after and now the duke hate the new king even though he loved his father.

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 21, 2016

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
"history no longer executed if a player loads a save"

???

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
History shall live

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Haha, I have been asking for a continue button for so long, finally get it added to HoI4 and then both EU and CK steal it before HoI launches :sigh:

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

verbal enema posted:

"history no longer executed if a player loads a save"

???

Just faster startup time when you launch the game.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Groogy posted:

Just faster startup time when you launch the game.

oh my god yes

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

CrazyLoon posted:

"Death sounds differ depending on age, gender and violency of reason for death."

:allears: to all, though when it comes to kids and babies I'll prolly be moreso :ohdear:

I'm sold if this includes a unique sound for the geriatric sex death event.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

beefart posted:

I'm sold if this includes a unique sound for the geriatric sex death event.

Errrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhh... *THUD*

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

CrazyLoon posted:

"Death sounds differ depending on age, gender and violency of reason for death."

:allears: to all, though when it comes to kids and babies I'll prolly be moreso :ohdear:

Looks like i'm going to have to start playing with the sound on again instead of just playing music.

Longhouse
Nov 8, 2010

Chill out, dog

British Jerusalem. Why not?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

CrazyLoon posted:

Oh gently caress off, right before XCOM 2...

DO NOT MAKE ME CHOOOOOOSE!

XCOM strikes me as the kind of game that could be quite buggy on release. Surely you can manage holding off for a few weeks playing this DLC while waiting for XCOM to get fixed up.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Boy, it sure is lucky I prefer my elective monarchy then. This just seems like a nerf to Indian Religions, Muslims and Republics really.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I'm glad opinion modifiers carry over to your heir, I hated waiting for my 50+ yr old ruler to die to give out titles just so that my kid wouldn't get hosed because any good deed done by their parent was forgotten.

Nobody Interesting posted:

XCOM strikes me as the kind of game that could be quite buggy on release. Surely you can manage holding off for a few weeks playing this DLC while waiting for XCOM to get fixed up.

Review copies have been streamed for the past month or so and the only bugs present are minor graphical ones. We're DOOOOOOMED!

MagnumOpus
Dec 7, 2006

Does the murder of a child have a chance to cause insanity in the parents? In my current Venice game I've noticed that Charlemagne seems to have picked up the Lunatic trait. One of his young children was murdered by the current King of Bavaria a couple years back, I assume while he was a ward there.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A Tartan Tory posted:

Boy, it sure is lucky I prefer my elective monarchy then. This just seems like a nerf to Indian Religions, Muslims and Republics really.

I thought that means that Elective monarchs will get no temporary opinion modifiers from the previous ruler, so it actually buffs non-Elective succession.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

And CK2 updates aren't? :allears:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

McGavin posted:

And CK2 updates aren't? :allears:

CK bugs get you a homosexual inbred possessed dwarf lady stomping up and down the middle of Europe with 30000 men, attempting to kill herself and falling in love with the Pope. XCOM bugs kill your favourite marine, Chad, after you've bonded with him for 30 hours.

Er, okay and I guess CK has more CTDs than XCOM probably will...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CK bugs get you a homosexual inbred possessed dwarf lady stomping up and down the middle of Europe with 30000 men, attempting to kill herself and falling in love with the Pope. XCOM bugs kill your favourite marine, Chad, after you've bonded with him for 30 hours.

Er, okay and I guess CK has more CTDs than XCOM probably will...

More STDs as well.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

HisMajestyBOB posted:

That might be a good idea in order to provide a Consumerist start. I've never seen Consumerism catch on anywhere, though I haven't played many games.

My ally and kinsman in Detroit went Consumerist when I was playing as Tribe of the Burning River. I of course holy warred the poo poo out of him and took back sacred Motown from the infidel.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I thought that means that Elective monarchs will get no temporary opinion modifiers from the previous ruler, so it actually buffs non-Elective succession.

Well, considering my usual plan these days is to go gavelkind, get myself the depressed trait from the rulership event, then go on a massive imprison/murder spree before committing suicide whenever my heir hits 16...i'm pretty glad my -2000 tyranny modifiers don't stack.

So basically, elective gavelkind is gonna be sweet.

A Tartan Tory fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 21, 2016

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

To be sincere, Im quite sure this DLC will also take a couple of patches to fix game breaking bugs and balance issues.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR
Nah it's gonna be perfect on release and CK2 will never need to be patched ever again

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

It obviously depends. If you were on a title revoking spree and getting a lot of tyranny in the process, elective is obviously superior. If you have a lot of temporary opinion bonuses, it would be inferior. But how often do you have these temporary opinion bonuses? The one bonus that you can reasonably be expected to have is the one that I'm sure will not transfer anyway, the long reign bonus.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I don't understand how to lower my vassal count via creating Duchies and Kingdoms. I know how to create them and how to grant them but my vassal count doesn't go down. Any tips?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Groogy posted:

Nah it's gonna be perfect on release and CK2 will never need to be patched ever again

You're a funny guy. :roflolmao:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
You need to grant your vassels to them.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Soooo, I need to reduce my number of direct vassals by giving them to the new Duke? I'll give it a go, thanks.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
You can click the box when granting titles to also grant vassals.

You can also transfer them - just check which ones the vassal wants on their opinion score.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

CK bugs get you a homosexual inbred possessed dwarf lady stomping up and down the middle of Europe with 30000 men, attempting to kill herself and falling in love with the Pope.

IMO This is exactly why the immediate aftermath of the DLC drop is the best time to play CK2

VVVV yet another reason not to play as a vassal of Charlemagne. gently caress you, Karl, I don't want to babysit the count of Westfriesland from Bordeaux :argh:

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Transferring vassalage is majorly handy, thanks.

My 'direct vassals' map view looks horrendous.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

You can click the box when granting titles to also grant vassals.

You can also transfer them - just check which ones the vassal wants on their opinion score.

A one-click thing for this would be amazing. I don't see any reason to be the liege of baronies not in your own realms but for some reason I end up with a bunch of them just accumulating and I don't notice. Would be nice to have a decision or whatever to give those vassals back to their de jure lords.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Groogy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Q_mZNiGQs

TBH, XCOM's bugs are similarly hilarious often too, though in a different way. So in those terms, they're sorta tied.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Groogy posted:

Oh, good.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It sounds like after the patch all your vassals are going to hate your guts all the time no matter what you do and it is going to be glorious :getin:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i'm glad i've been practicing getting as many dynasty members landed through marriages as i can

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Just poisoned and stabbed my way through a threatening-looking independence faction including the King of England and it felt so good.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Walton Simons posted:

Just poisoned and stabbed my way through a threatening-looking independence faction including the King of England and it felt so good.

I go on killing sprees most often with republics. I have the money to buy a young potential doge's election but I'm cheap so I end up killing off like a dozen patricians every 40-50 years. This also had the benefit of keeping their males thinned out so I can get a chokehold on all the key tradezones.

With factions if I know I can win and don't have anything pressing I let em revolt and use that to clean out a buncha bad apples and redistribute titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
It's pretty interesting, as to what kinds of skullduggery proves to be that tiny little extra 'oomph' that makes you feel bad.

I never had no problem whatsoever with assassinating, concubinage of spouses, imprisoning and executing, even that torture chain every now and again you think to yourself: "Why not?"

But when I seduced and invited an unlanded agnatic heir of a kingdom to my court, imprisoned and executed his wife and kids and THEN forcefully married him matrilineally I gotta say...I just paused the game for a moment, cause I really felt like poo poo.

• Locked thread