Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

It's really hard to see but that's the logo of The University of Adelaide.

The other clue is in the colour of her hood. Your discipline has it's own colour. Yellow in this case is for natural and physical sciences which also applies to veterinary and agriculture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
hello Citizen__217712 hope your thread reading goes well today :cheers:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

trucutru posted:

Yes. The larger craft are more interesting but you can clearly see the roots of their design. "Yatch", "Osprey", "Aliens", "Malformed Shoebox"

Here, have some anime

That's obviously a mix between an airplane, a luxury sports car, and balls. Yet, even with the wings, it is undeniably a starfighter. One for showy assholes.

Wow, that thing really wants to put some holes in you! It's flying over a highway but it is clearly not an airplane. How do they do it?

That's a boat! Well, it is actually a boat. As it rests on top of the water. Also clearly a starship at the same time.

Now compare those with the 890 jump:

Sure, it looks like a yatch but since it also supposed to go on water... wait it doesn't? Well, it is not like you could have a space yatch anyways!

while also looking kind of like a penis.

I was just about to make this post. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

SelenicMartian posted:

This is a Space Tomcat.

It's the space B-1, the Vanguard is the Space Tomcat. But for some reason the Gladiator has F-14 Livery on it in a bunch of concept art

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Get a load of these guys trying to pretend they hate Derek Smart for any reason besides his criticism of their game.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sedisp posted:

Wow. Everything about that scene is wrong. The directing is bad, the writing is bad, the acting is bad.

Why in the world does anyone think that SQ42 is going to be good?

Because Wing Commander II — a game he didn't really write.
Possibly because Wing Commander: Privateer — a game where his involvement was that his name was on the box.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 21, 2016

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

WebDog posted:

It's really hard to see but that's the logo of The University of Adelaide.

The other clue is in the colour of her hood. Your discipline has it's own colour. Yellow in this case is for natural and physical sciences which also applies to veterinary and agriculture.

In an alternate reality, the happy and sweet looking girl in that photo went on to study the Blue-Ringed Octopus, and her contributions, along with those of other teams, led to the breeding of a non-toxic variety, which immediately became a worldwide sensation as one of the coolest aquarium pets ever. A man on the other side of the planet, one Ben Lesnick, got one as a pet, and was so fascinated that he immediately took up scuba diving as a hobby, which demanded disciplined exercise and diet to maintain a slim, fit physique for efficient underwater exploration.

We live in the other version.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Man it's hard to catch up with this thread, wish I had been around for when Matilda got Beer'd by the Reddit admins.

Come back to us Karl, we miss you. You are one of us now, embrace you inner self-hating goon.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I wonder how much the story of Doobie's Dog House has colored the perception of Star Citizen on SA

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Bait and Swatch posted:

Man it's hard to catch up with this thread, wish I had been around for when Matilda got Beer'd by the Reddit admins.

Come back to us Karl, we miss you. You are one of us now, embrace you inner self-hating goon.

Not him please, not for awhile at least, he needs time to mellow

Gryphon I'd welcome back, I'd wager he longs for our tender embrace

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

It says in here I got a bit of poo poo for playing Star Citizen but I don't remember that

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
maybe i censored it

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

peter gabriel posted:

It says in here I got a bit of poo poo for playing Star Citizen but I don't remember that

loser nerd eat poo poo CIG lover

down vote
down vote
down vote
down vote

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

maybe i censored it

your abuse of power has become second nature

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:godwin:

Yep, that Derek Smart is sure like Hitler, and harshly criticizing an unreleased video game is definitely comparable to starting a global war and murdering millions.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
derek ive been in this train car for days

peter gabriel approve my posts damnit

more like peter goering, sledge hammer indeed

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

What the hell is up with German SC fans, are they all completely insane?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can someone tell me what page the Matilda drama started on, I skipped ahead and missed it

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
that post is not very objective imo.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
How are these people so loving insane

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
he makes some good points and some bad points. in conclusion star citizen is a jpeg of contrasts

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Tippis posted:

Because Wing Commander II — a game he didn't really write.
Possibly because Wing Commander: Privateer — a game where his involvement was that his name was on the box.

Oh so he's kinda the George Lucas of video games.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Dear Reddit, we are just here to laugh at you for spending thousands of dollars on a video game - the rest is filler.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Literally The Worst posted:

Can someone tell me what page the Matilda drama started on, I skipped ahead and missed it

Matilda goes out of bounds here - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=1381&perpage=40#post455207346

annihilated by derek smart here - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=1388&perpage=40#post455220783

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Duckaerobics posted:

They are wise and SMART.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

Somebody's probably already said this, but her academic credentials have very little relevance beyond the fact that she may have lied about them. Her overall stupidity as evidenced by pretty much everything she's done, including her wince-inducing 3rd grade writing level in her emails to Beer, prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that she's not fit for her position, even if she has 3 doctorates and a Nobel prize. Regarding my first point, is her lying about her degree specifically any more of a reflection of her quality than her willingness to fleece the mentally disabled out of millions of dollars? Racism? Harassment of employees? Using company resources for personal gain? I say she sunk her own battleship, degree or not.

The cat is both dead and alive, though. Certainty would at least put the speculation to bed, especially if that image really is stock photography. I don't know of anyone that hasn't massaged the truth to get a job, hell she's listing 'Around the Verse' as a producer gig, but faking a degree is a step beyond.

Again, it doesn't really amount to a hill of beans.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

peter gabriel posted:

Please don't alternate reality shame.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Hav posted:

The cat is both dead and alive, though. Certainty would at least put the speculation to bed, especially if that image really is stock photography. I don't know of anyone that hasn't massaged the truth to get a job, hell she's listing 'Around the Verse' as a producer gig, but faking a degree is a step beyond.

Again, it doesn't really amount to a hill of beans.

I agree that lying about a degree is a more serious offense than, say, fudging your work history. If some guy with a genius idea and a GED starts up a multi-million dollar company, treats his employees well, and has a nice life - I say more power to him. Don't lie about a degree, get one if you care, but by all means keep being awesome.

But with Sandi, I don't know how this particular lie, considering the litany of outright fiction she's draped around herself, somehow became a locus for scrutiny.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Duckaerobics posted:

nice :godwin: you stupid GOON

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

SirPhoebos posted:

:godwin:

Yep, that Derek Smart is sure like Hitler, and harshly criticizing an unreleased video game is definitely comparable to starting a global war and murdering millions.

At worst Derek Smart is video game Rommel

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

derek ive been in this train car for days

peter gabriel approve my posts damnit

more like peter goering, sledge hammer indeed

Citizen your posting is not up to code

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mirificus posted:

Please don't alternate reality shame.

My crime was playing Star Citizen, my punishment was playing Star Citizen

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

My crime was playing Star Citizen, my punishment was playing Star Citizen

That would be an excellent title for your memoirs.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beexoffel posted:

We must have some more respect for the art of pubes defoliation.

http://imgur.com/gallery/C4W8M

:yikes:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

After nine days on holidays, I came home and caught up with the thread in three. Read all the posts. I'm dead. :negative:

I'm also really angry that someone beat me to a lyric swap of Waltzing Matilda.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Not him please, not for awhile at least, he needs time to mellow

Gryphon I'd welcome back, I'd wager he longs for our tender embrace

Your probably right on Karl, he needs some time to cool off I think. Getting owned by DSmart stings, but if he doesn't write a giant rant about it he's ahead of croberts.

I do miss ol gryph though, he helped make this thread what it is today.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

That Greasy Eggman can not be a serious person. That has to be the worst troll ive seen in a LONG time.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Remember that time that pgabz played star citizen? Lol screw that guy, he sucks. And he smells bad. Just like star citizen.

(Am I doing this right? Reddit said I have to)

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Prop Wash posted:

hahaha thanks for showing me that space truck, that's a pretty blatant ripoff of the Serenity from Firefly

edit: but also small enough that i'm not sure what you'd ever want to haul in it

It's the Firefly without it's charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Prop Wash posted:

hahaha thanks for showing me that space truck, that's a pretty blatant ripoff of the Serenity from Firefly

edit: but also small enough that i'm not sure what you'd ever want to haul in it

rear end. You'll be hauling rear end.

• Locked thread