Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
me? i am a man of my moment bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

remember the victorian vox lady

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im entirely in earnest when i say that the uspol trot brigades reaction to that really not-all-that-harsh tnc article is drat near identical to stuff you can find written by people like norman podhoretz back during the rise of the new left. they are all going to go hard neocon in their 30s.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

The Warszawa posted:

frankly given that interviewing itself is a skill that benefits from practice especially interviews for those positions, i am not even sure that bad faith interviews (assuming they're not total stonewalls and actually go through the motions) are negative consequences they're just not as positive as they could be if they were good faith

I mean there are or have been times where it was really obvious a coach was just a Rooney Rule interview (Hue Jackson, previously, had like 4 interviews in a season where it was clear he wasn't a serious candidate and they'd more or less decided on a white coach); but I generally think it's been positive as you said and I think it would be a fantastic idea for college football -- even basketball where most of the elite jobs have gone to white candidates.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

UberJew posted:

i think we come to an agreement that anybody who writes a sentence starting with "blacks want..." is not a leftist, but instead a pretty fantastic racist only barred from association with the trump crowd by tribal identifiers

Totes

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
the only acceptable past era to wish to be born into is a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm 30. It feels good.

I will teach younger kids what not to do with their life.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
well you are a living example

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

The Warszawa posted:

you ever notice that most people who say "i should have been born in a different time in the past" are garbage? like they just suck.

wierd cultural fetishists/appropriators are probably the worst subset of such

like I knew one turbobooj white guy who would often lament "man, i wish I had been born in indian times"

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

A Man and his dog posted:

I'm 30. It feels good.

I will teach younger kids what not to do with their life.

please do not go near children

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCQdivVOgBI

Actually I take it back it looks like it's going to eschew the Lost-Cause-the-Good-Rebels narrative to emphasize that the ACW was plantation owners using racism to send poor whites to die to protect their bougie lifestyles

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

PupsOfWar posted:

wierd cultural fetishists/appropriators are probably the worst subset of such

like I knew one turbobooj white guy who would often lament "man, i wish I had been born in indian times"

wish granted, he piffs away to the mauryan empire circa 200 bce and dies of a blood infection after spraining his ankle. the monkeys paw curls one finger down.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Badger of Basra posted:

i wish i owned a farm

i used to want to own a farm

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

paranoid randroid posted:

since sanders hit the scene theres been a decided uptick in freshly woke 22 year olds bombing into uspol to call everyone neoliberals, and for that i believe i may never forgive him
worst part is they just assume everyone else treats the word "neoliberal" as intrinsically bad just like they do

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

speaking of neoliberalism what's the good middle ground between unrestricted global free trade and protectionism

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

an alt-history novel where a time-displaced college dropout from Erie, PA is murdered by dacoits while trying to hitch a caravan ride to magadha

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

i guess

like theres that line in reagan where hes all "we all talk makin greens, but none of us own acres"

killer mike really wants to own land, this is Known

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCD9lAfT2ng&t=79s

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
buy land. drink water. stay in school. this is how i grind

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PupsOfWar posted:

an alt-history novel where a time-displaced college dropout from Erie, PA is murdered by dacoits while trying to hitch a caravan ride to magadha

Being from Erie would make w good dystopian novel

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Berke Negri posted:

i used to want to own a farm

No money, 24/7 working and lots of suicides. Plus exposure to the cruelest side of US capitalism.

You really don't want to be a farmer, trust me.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Literally The Worst posted:

Being from Erie would make w good dystopian novel

dont mock other depressed lake-towns dickeye

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Berke Negri posted:

we few, we happy few, we band of selective service enrollees

i'm almost certain i didnt register for selective service but i dont want to check in case its a way to stealth enroll you

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Junior G-man posted:

No money, 24/7 working and lots of suicides. Plus exposure to the cruelest side of US capitalism.

You really don't want to be a farmer, trust me.

farming is bad

owning property (v. useful as collateral and a general credit asset) while not being reliant upon it for your livelihood, however, is good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

what's the draft age ceiling? 27?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCQdivVOgBI

Actually I take it back it looks like it's going to eschew the Lost-Cause-the-Good-Rebels narrative to emphasize that the ACW was plantation owners using racism to send poor whites to die to protect their bougie lifestyles

well ideally it should as that was the whole point of the irl Free State of Jones

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PupsOfWar posted:

dont mock other depressed lake-towns dickeye

Oi half my family is in Oswego County, which has the highest unemployment rate in NY

There's nothing there but drugs and depression

I get to make that joke

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

i will allow you to assume a ceremonial/non-executive office if you are over 70 as a compromise

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
poo poo I'd read a book about scrabbling to survive in Hannibal or Oswego after the Nestle plant closed if you framed it right

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

Lmao the 90s was a weird time boys.

I should have been a 70s man.

The jokes, they write themselves.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well ideally it should as that was the whole point of the irl Free State of Jones

sure but never underestimate the hand wringing movie exec worried about performance in the southern states

I was more worried that it would be another story of a white savior for black people but looks like they aren't marketing the movie that way, yet

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
dickeye has anyone ever told you that you remind them of a hybrid of quentin tarantino and kevin smith

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Lmao the 90s was a weird time boys.

I should have been a 70s man.

Gravel Gravy posted:

He called them "disco biscuits".

Oh just drugging women, having sex with their unconscious bodies and giving them a bagel in the morning. The 70s were crazy

hmm

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Warszawa posted:

dickeye has anyone ever told you that you remind them of a hybrid of quentin tarantino and kevin smith

No but I'm only insulted by half of that

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The Warszawa posted:

this is a pretty horrific insult

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

No but I'm only insulted by half of that

...which half

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm almost certain i didnt register for selective service but i dont want to check in case its a way to stealth enroll you

are you over 25? if so you can just not worry about it b/c it doesn't apply to you

i registered but then completely failed to update my address ever b/c i spent my 19th year homeless so i didn't give a gently caress :shittydog:

i'd have been 4-F anyway

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

we're gonna have to see the maginitude of his jorts to be sure

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Warszawa posted:

...which half

The half that compares me to the worst idiot directing movies who is currently alive

My epistemes should indicate who that is

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

dickeye be all hard

"ay look im from the mean badlands of upstate, ny"

"sometimes...sometimes people cook meat outside"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

The half that compares me to the worst idiot directing movies who is currently alive

My epistemes should indicate who that is

based on your epistemes, this isn't helpful

PupsOfWar posted:

dickeye be all hard

"ay look im from the mean badlands of upstate, ny"

"sometimes...sometimes people cook meat outside"

no no, don't you see, he's down!

• Locked thread